PDA

View Full Version : Beno's injury

ploto
10-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Just for you, timvp:

There are nagging ailments of even more significance, too, as Beno Udrih missed Monday's game with a left hip flexor he suffered Oct. 7. The fifth-year point guard now has rested in two exhibition games because of his hip and might not play Thursday. Chemistry and cohesion with the starting unit, in other words, must wait.

"I've been playing on it for two weeks now," Udrih said. "The doctor said maybe it's best to sit (against Portland) and see how it's going and maybe (play) on Thursday. I'll be ready to play (against Houston). If not then, I'll be practicing with the team and for the opening game in Minnesota."

The team didn't know of Udrih's absence against Portland until the starting lineup was announced to the crowd, this after the coaching staff was told just 15 minutes before tipoff. After rookie Bobby Brown was told after the national anthem he was starting, the Kings were down 16-6 just six minutes in.

"It was unfortunate that we didn't know (about Udrih's absence)," shooting guard Kevin Martin said. "We've just got to know a little ahead of time, and if you're only 60 or 70 percent and you can play, we need you out there. But whoever's going to be out there on the court when game time comes, we've got to play them."

Theus, who made it clear he was not second-guessing the team's medical staff, is confident Udrih would have played had the game counted.

"I understand (sitting in the) preseason, but to me that's something he's got to work through," Theus said. "You're not going to ever be 100 percent. … After training camp starts, there's very little time that you're ever 100 percent. But I do believe that if it was a regular-season game, he would've played."

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1332945.html

TDMVPDPOY
10-23-2008, 06:18 PM
beno doesnt care, cause he got paid over the summer, time to go waste it on guys and bars....

angel_luv
10-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Have a great season Beno. I am rooting for you. :)

Kamnik
10-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Just for you, timvp:

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/1332945.html

:lol

:depressed fucking beno....

1Parker1
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
:lol :wow Wow....

Reggie Miller
10-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm not a "real" Spurs' fan, but who cares? So long as he never hurts the Pacers or Spurs, I wish him nothing but success.

It seems petty to me to obsess over Udrih. Udrih only hurt this team by becoming worthless in trade. The Spurs took a flyer on him, and he didn't pan out. Yes, I realize that it is a little more complicated than that*, but the Spurs have won two titles since drafting Udrih.

* Udrih and the refs gave two games to the Pistons in 2005. Since the Spurs won...

Obstructed_View
10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Upon re-reading, it seems more of an indictment of the medical staff than of Beno. Given Beno's reputation here, it still doesn't sound good.

ShoogarBear
10-23-2008, 09:16 PM
If this was good news about Beno she would have posted it in the Spurs forum.

Reggie Miller
10-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Upon re-reading, it seems more of an indictment of the medical staff than of Beno. Given Beno's reputation here, it still doesn't sound good.

Catch me in the right mood, and I'll hate on Beno with the best of them. Still, there's no real reason for a team like Sacramento to expect guys to play hurt at this point. When you are in a rebuilding mode, there is no reason to abuse a marginal starter. Just for example, it isn't a great precedent for luring veterans and/or free agents. It comes across like Theus is playing or his job more than the good of the franchise overall.

Obstructed_View
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Catch me in the right mood, and I'll hate on Beno with the best of them. Still, there's no real reason for a team like Sacramento to expect guys to play hurt at this point. When you are in a rebuilding mode, there is no reason to abuse a marginal starter. Just for example, it isn't a great precedent for luring veterans and/or free agents. It comes across like Theus is playing or his job more than the good of the franchise overall.

Yeah, I wouldn't put a dinged up starter on the floor for a meaningless game, and I'd expect that vets like Martin could understand that. I suspect that Theus and Martin both think Beno's being a pussy. Considering the reputation he earned in San Antonio, that seems to be the message.

Reggie Miller
10-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't put a dinged up starter on the floor for a meaningless game, and I'd expect that vets like Martin could understand that. I suspect that Theus and Martin both think Beno's being a pussy. Considering the reputation he earned in San Antonio, that seems to be the message.

Yep. I guess I'm trying to say that there is no reason for Sacramento not to put the best face on it as possible. As the Spurs discovered, it really doesn't pay to let the world know that you are dissatisfied with a tradeable player.

ata
10-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Nothing has changed in Benoland

Indazone
10-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Did he hurt his pinky again?:wow