PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Waive Croshere And Davis

Spurs Brazil
10-23-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55040/20081023/pacers_waive_croshere_and_davis/

Pacers Waive Croshere And Davis
More Pacers News

Oct 23, 2008 5:06 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers announced Thursday they have waived forwards Austin Croshere and Josh Davis.

The Pacers roster now stands at 15.

“This was an extremely difficult decision to waive Austin,” said Pacers General Manager David Morway. “Austin’s a terrific professional and has represented this franchise extremely well and we appreciate his passion, dedication and commitment to the Pacers over the years.”

Croshere played for the Pacers from 1997-2006. In those nine seasons he averaged 7.5 points and 4.3 rebounds per game. He was traded to Dallas in 2006 for Marquis Daniels and played for Golden State in 2007-08.

Davis is a three-year veteran of the NBA, having played for Atlanta, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Houston and Phoenix. He has career averages of 2.5 ppg and 1.7 rpg.

Morway added, “both Austin and Josh had very good camps and we think both players will find a place in the NBA this season.”

Reggie Miller
10-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Croshere has some success with guarding Shaq. Someone in the Pacific might as well give him a shot.

jack sommerset
10-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I see the Spews going after Croshere. Everyone knows the Spews can't get a good Free Agent. Obviously noone wanted him for a trade, Spews might be best team he can go to and actually play. It would be a good fit.

m33p0
10-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Croshere is as scrappy as they come. he won't be without a team for long.

Reggie Miller
10-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Croshere is as scrappy as they come. he won't be without a team for long.

The problem is that Croshere put the "crappy" into "scrappy" when it comes to creating for himself. He only has value to a team with good coaching and a half-court offense.

Allanon
10-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Croshere was good about 5 years back, I don't know what derailed his career.

He's not old so I suspect he'll be back in the NBA.

Reggie Miller
10-24-2008, 12:06 AM
Croshere was good about 5 years back, I don't know what derailed his career.

He's not old so I suspect he'll be back in the NBA.

He's the classic example of someone too valuable to send to the D-League, but still didn't play enough game minutes to stay competitive. Honestly, his career was derailed by not playing enough minutes for anyone's good. Croshere played behind Jeff Foster for most of his career, for example.