PDA

View Full Version : Palin Guarantees a Penn Win Joe style!

Nbadan
10-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Not Joe the Plumber either!

Palin Guarantees Win in Pennsylvania
October 23, 2008 10:11 PM

ABC News' Imtiyaz Delawala reports: Near the hometown of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Namath, Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin guaranteed a come-from-behind victory for the McCain-Palin ticket in Pennsylvania.

“This morning we were in Ohio, we were in the home of Joe the Plumber,” Palin said to a crowd of supporters packed onto the high school football field of Beaver Area High School near Pittsburgh, PA this evening. “And now we are here in Beaver County, Pennsylvania, home of Joe the Quarterback.”

Palin was referring to former Jets quarterback Joe Namath, who was born and raised in nearby Beaver Falls, and led the underdog New York Jets to an upset win in Super Bowl III over the heavily-favored Baltimore Colts, after Namath had guaranteed a win three days before the game.

“Now Joe Namath is probably a little bit before your time,” Palin said to the high school students in the crowd. “But do you remember though in the biggest game of his life, all the experts had Joe Namath and the Jets written off to defeat? They were up against the elite team that had all the money and they were held in awe by the media. And Broadway Joe replied, we’re gonna win the game, I guarantee it. And they won.”

“And I hope Joe won’t mind if I paraphrase him some in this state, his home state. Pennsylvania, with your help, we’re going to win this state. I guarantee it,” Palin said to wild applause.

ABC News (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/10/palin-guarantee.html)

Bartleby
10-23-2008, 09:41 PM
She probably would have gotten more mileage if she had said JoePa

timvp
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
I think it's kinda cool that she likes to use sports metaphors . . . . . .

6zt8oPSClAw

Nbadan
10-23-2008, 09:46 PM
What is it with the GOP and Crazy Joes?

Alexandria - We have the tape of a 911 call made by John McCain 's brother earlier this week.

He called the police emergency line because he was angry he was stuck in traffic.

The 911 call came into the City of Alexandria on Oct. 21st That's creating some buzz because it appears to come from Joe McCain, John McCain's brother.

Operator: 911 state your emergency

Caller: It's not an emergency but do you know why on one side at the damn drawbridge of 95traffic is stopped for 15 minutes and yet traffic's coming the other way?

Operator: Sir, are you calling 911 to complain about traffic? (pause)

Caller: "(Expletive) you." (caller hangs up)

The complaint call about traffic on the Wilson Bridge, outrageous enough that the 911 operator called back. The voicemail on the other end, appears to belong to Joe McCain, brother of presidential candidate, John McCain

Link (http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1008/563913.html)

Anti.Hero
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
I think it's kinda cool that she likes to use sports metaphors . . . . . .

6zt8oPSClAw

Me. I prefer pie.

JZOxqVl5oP4

Supergirl
10-23-2008, 10:13 PM
too bad that even if they do somehow pull off an upset in PA they still lose.

LnGrrrR
10-23-2008, 10:24 PM
See, she wasn't lying. She said, "With your help, we'll win." And of course, without their help, she won't.

That wasn't a prediction; that was a statement of fact. :D

MaryAnnKilledGinger
10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
See, she wasn't lying. She said, "With your help, we'll win." And of course, without their help, she won't.

That wasn't a prediction; that was a statement of fact. :D

Watch - it's all PA's fault they didn't win. They didn't clap hard enough when Tinkerbell died.

Tully365
10-23-2008, 11:36 PM
I'd assumed it was Joe Paterno when I saw the title.