PDA

View Full Version : Daunte Culpepper still looking for NFL work

ducks
10-23-2008, 11:12 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtN8wo7mDe6vGyGAo4hTF2DhMMQF?slug=ap-culpeppersfuture&prov=ap&type=lgns

Obstructed_View
10-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Somebody find him a mop.

IronMexican
10-24-2008, 12:03 AM
It's a shame guys like Matt Cassel, Brad Johnson, and others are starting while this guy is at home.

Reggie Miller
10-24-2008, 12:10 AM
I honeslty don't understand why no one took a flyer on him. I can't name the backup on most AFC teams outside of the South Division, and I am a Colts fan. He must be a total headcase.

JudynTX
10-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Cowboys

dougp
10-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Cowboys

This. Best pickup right now if JJ manages it.

METALMiKE
10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
Sounds like Spreewell of the NFL

jack sommerset
10-24-2008, 11:33 PM
This dumbass needs a AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Do the Cowboys really need a third string QB while Romo is out that badly?

dougp
10-25-2008, 11:06 AM
Do the Cowboys really need a third string QB while Romo is out that badly?

He would replace Johnson immediately ... 3rd string?

Obstructed_View
10-25-2008, 03:37 PM
He would replace Johnson immediately ... 3rd string?

Apparently you didn't see him play for Oakland and Miami. Culpepper wouldn't win the starting job if it were between him and Bollinger.

Reggie Miller
10-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Apparently you didn't see him play for Oakland and Miami. Culpepper wouldn't win the starting job if it were between him and Bollinger.

Culpepper needs a first-rate, extremely tall receiver to be effective, like Randy Moss. As he has lost athelticism, he has become less effective. Even so, he is still better than many, if not most, 2nd and 3rd stringers. My thinking is at least he has spent enough hours on the field managing games.

Is he a gem in the rough or a game-changer? Nope. I still would think a team would take a flyer on him.

Obstructed_View
10-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Culpepper needs a first-rate, extremely tall receiver to be effective, like Randy Moss. As he has lost athelticism, he has become less effective. Even so, he is still better than many, if not most, 2nd and 3rd stringers. My thinking is at least he has spent enough hours on the field managing games.

Is he a gem in the rough or a game-changer? Nope. I still would think a team would take a flyer on him.

I'd like to see Daunte come back and do well, but if I'm the Cowboys, I'd much rather have someone that knows the system already and just tell the rest of the team they need to stop playing like bums. Tony Romo hasn't been enough for the Cowboys to win, so the chances that any QB is going to walk in and improve the team are slim.

Reggie Miller
10-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I'd like to see Daunte come back and do well, but if I'm the Cowboys, I'd much rather have someone that knows the system already and just tell the rest of the team they need to stop playing like bums. Tony Romo hasn't been enough for the Cowboys to win, so the chances that any QB is going to walk in and improve the team are slim.

To clarify, the Cowboys don't need him.

Teams like Houston, San Francisco, and Detroit have nothing to lose.

Dr. Gonzo
10-28-2008, 01:16 PM
To clarify, the Cowboys don't need him.

Teams like Houston, San Francisco, and Detroit have nothing to lose.

Houston has the best offense in the NFL these past 5 weeks and Shaub is playing out of his mind lately. They have no reason to need him or even want this bum. But it looks like the Lions are going to get him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3668988

Culpepper negotiating contract with Lions after morning workout

Quarterback Daunte Culpepper (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1762) visited the Detroit Lions (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=det) Tuesday morning and has initiated contract negotiations following a workout.

Talks are in the beginning stage and Culpepper has not made any salary demands.
On Tuesday morning, Culpepper, who announced last week he was coming out of retirement, notified the Chiefs he is looking at the Lions more than the Chiefs.
The Chiefs contacted Culpepper last week and he was intrigued enough to come out of retirement and consider a visit to Kansas City.
That visit didn't happen, and each side has gone its separate way.
Culpepper labeled his workout with the Lions a good one.
Senior writer John Clayton covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

to21
10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
^ :lol Lions.

Reggie Miller
10-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Houston has the best offense in the NFL these past 5 weeks and Shaub is playing out of his mind lately. They have no reason to need him or even want this bum. But it looks like the Lions are going to get him.

Yes, Shaub playing well for five weeks guarantees that:

1. Houston's offensive line will never revert to the mean (i.e. sucking);
2. Shaub is invincible and will never, ever miss a start; and
3. Shaub will never miss a start for "other" reasons, such as failing a drug test.

In all seriousness, Houston is paper-thin at quarterback after Shaub, as I recall. I could very well be wrong, as I honestly don't pay much attention to Houston.

ATRAIN
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Yes, Shaub playing well for five weeks guarantees that:

1. Houston's offensive line will never revert to the mean (i.e. sucking);
2. Shaub is invincible and will never, ever miss a start; and
3. Shaub will never miss a start for "other" reasons, such as failing a drug test.

In all seriousness, Houston is paper-thin at quarterback after Shaub, as I recall. I could very well be wrong, as I honestly don't pay much attention to Houston.

Actually Sage is a great backup (other than his fuck up in the 4th against the colts). Texans (well actually any team) doesnt need Dante. He is done!!

leemajors
10-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Schaub sucks, Sage sucks. The texans haven't played anyone of note recently. They are both better than Brad "Turkey Arm" Johnson though.

jack sommerset
10-28-2008, 08:13 PM
lions is a good fit for him. hope it happens.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-28-2008, 08:23 PM
lions is a good fit for him. hope it happens.

I don't.

Pistons < Spurs
10-29-2008, 12:02 AM
I don't.

Me neither.

I don't get it really. What about Stanton? Let's see what the kid can do.

Spurtacus
10-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Matt Millen is still in Detroit?

ATRAIN
10-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Schaub sucks, Sage sucks. The texans haven't played anyone of note recently. They are both better than Brad "Turkey Arm" Johnson though.

why are you always so damn negative.

leemajors
10-29-2008, 09:30 AM
why are you always so damn negative.

low expectations

Pistons < Spurs
11-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Culpepper, Lions agree to two-year deal to put him at the helm

Less than two weeks after announcing that he's coming out of retirement, quarterback Daunte Culpepper has a new home.

Culpepper agreed Saturday to a two-year deal with the Detroit Lions. Terms of the deal, scheduled to be signed on Monday, are unknown.

Culpepper canceled a scheduled trip to Kansas City to instead visit the Lions earlier in the week.

Culpepper left the Lions on Tuesday without a deal but kept in touch, trying to find a home for this season and next season. After several days of negotiations, Culpepper agreed that Detroit was the best fit for him.

In September, Culpepper announced his retirement after being offered only one-year deals. Culpepper felt ignored despite his belief in his skills, and when he couldn't find a long-term home he announced his retirement at the age of 31.

In agreeing to a deal with Culpepper, the Lions have a quarterback to help finish this season and take them into next season. Culpepper, a former Vikings starter, has great knowledge of the NFC North.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3676865

samikeyp
11-01-2008, 11:15 PM
Well, the Lions have their starter for Sunday.