PDA

View Full Version : Petition and Poll for Waiving Matt Bonner

Flux451
10-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Just say Yes to waiving him and state your name.

Feel free to send this to reporters to post in Mysanantonio. Hopefully it will get word to get to Pop, or Bonner will see. Maybe we can play the role of Pop's evil conscious or he might just laugh it off. Probably the latter.

Maybe Bonner will see and read the fundamentals of basket to raise his IQ then play more consistently and less bone headed.

We need room for new talent. I get an ulcer when he's on the floor.

:wakeup

YES

Phillip T.

FromWayDowntown
10-24-2008, 10:44 AM
These online petitions ALWAYS work.

K-State Spur
10-24-2008, 10:45 AM

Feel free to send this to reporters to post in Mysanantonio. Hopefully it will get word to get to Pop, or Bonner will see. Maybe we can play the role of Pop's evil conscious or he might just laugh it off. Probably the latter.

Maybe Bonner will see and read the fundamentals of basket to raise his IQ then play more consistently and less bone headed.

YES

Phillip T.

he is what he is, there's room for a high energy big who can stretch the floor on most rosters - you just don't want to him for heavy minutes. he's just overpaid to be it. but next year, his contract will be an asset instead of a liability.

tav1
10-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Dude, this cost way too much money. I vote against this for financial reasons alone.

If the Spurs waive anyone, it would be Vaughn. And that's not gonna happen.

vander
10-24-2008, 10:48 AM
I'll sign one for giving Bonner more playing time

mexicanjunior
10-24-2008, 10:51 AM
I say No...he seems lost on the court at times but he hustles and fights for rebounds, which is good enough to earn spot minutes. I wouldn't set him free for nothing but if a decent offer was made, I would take it...

hater
10-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Sorry Bonner. You must go.

Russ
10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Work a trade or else gotta :wow keep him.

hater
10-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Work a trade or else gotta :wow keep him.

in order for a trade to happen, another team needs to want him.

Fingaroll44
10-24-2008, 11:04 AM
He has a guaranteed contract doesn't he? This is silly. Bonner may get traded but he aint gettin waived.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
in order for a trade to happen, another team needs to want him.

not exactly
you could trade someone else and just throw bonner in the deal

urunobili
10-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Gtfo

nkdlunch
10-24-2008, 11:46 AM
LOL poll dead even

byrdman31
10-24-2008, 01:52 PM

your video:wow need a lil bit more of that again..

tp2021
10-24-2008, 01:55 PM

He has a guaranteed contract doesn't he? This is silly. Bonner may get traded but he aint gettin waived.

lurker23
10-24-2008, 02:35 PM

:tu

dbestpro
10-24-2008, 03:28 PM

YES

Phillip T.

Uh, should we still send the poll to the reporters and tell them that around 43% of the fans demand his release. Oh, wait a minute that means about 57% think he should get some run.

BronxCowboy
10-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Every year there is one player that becomes stylish to hate, reason be damned. This year it's Bonner/Vaughn. Grow up.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
10-24-2008, 04:11 PM
we should trade him for Mark Madsen

oh wait
nevermind

YoMamaIsCallin
10-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Are ya stoopid?

Bonner has a guaranteed contract. Waive him and you still have to pay it, plus he can be picked up by another team and you STILL have to pay it.

Why would you waive him? It's simply throwing money away for nothing.

Tully365
10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
we should trade him for Mark Madsen

oh wait
nevermind

No, trade him for Rasho!
Oh wait
nevermind

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 04:47 PM
If Bonner saw this thread, he'd vote to be waived. I'm sure he'd be happy to get three million dollars for nothing.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 04:49 PM
LOL poll dead even

But there's only one name on the petition.

angelbelow
10-24-2008, 04:50 PM
lol count me in and let me know how it goes!

gospursgojas
10-24-2008, 05:41 PM
What differece does it make if Bonner or one of these training camp scrubs sits at the end of the bench

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 05:43 PM
What differece does it make if Bonner or one of these training camp scrubs sits at the end of the bench

Bonner's the backup power forward on the team.

Flux451
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Bonner's the backup power forward on the team.

And that's sad.

I hope he proves me wrong. I would love that.

The whole point of waiving him is to free us space for 3 players Pop is looking at that actually could have an impact on our team.

Bonner just doesn't have the IQ and consistency we need. And he has been given PT.

Flux451
10-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Are ya stoopid?

Bonner has a guaranteed contract. Waive him and you still have to pay it, plus he can be picked up by another team and you STILL have to pay it.

Why would you waive him? It's simply throwing money away for nothing.

It happens all the time in the nba. Finely a prime example. We are still paying retired players too. It's not uncommon.

It is obvious he doesn't belong on the team. He looks so lost on the court.

Indazone
10-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey we waived Jackie Butler..don't tell me that wasn't a waste of salary. If the player blow he got to go.

bdictjames
10-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Who listens to this crap?

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
And that's sad.

I hope he proves me wrong. I would love that.

The whole point of waiving him is to free us space for 3 players Pop is looking at that actually could have an impact on our team.

Bonner just doesn't have the IQ and consistency we need. And he has been given PT.

Sorry, but I haven't seen that much consistency out of Tolliver either, and he's been given PT as well. He might be an upgrade of Bonner, but not even close to an upgrade worth eating over three million bucks for.

Quiet Strength
10-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Dude, this cost way too much money. I vote against this for financial reasons alone.

If the Spurs waive anyone, it would be Vaughn. And that's not gonna happen.

Exactly

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey we waived Jackie Butler..don't tell me that wasn't a waste of salary. If the player blow he got to go.

I'm sure if the Spurs traded Bonner and someone like Scola to a team, that team might be more than happy to release Bonner. If the Spurs had someone like Scola available, they'd be more than happy to eat Bonner's contract and let him go. The three guys the Spurs are looking at are interesting, but none of them is anywhere near that level.

SpurSupremacist
10-24-2008, 07:05 PM
And he has been given PT.

I lul'd. Needs moar bazkatbal naolage.

Fingaroll44
10-24-2008, 07:24 PM

The Spurs dont do things just because some other franchise did it or could afford to do it. They'd be out of business for sure.

objective
10-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Stephen Jackson : starter who proved he could take and make the clutchest of shots : offered $3 mil a year.

Matt Bonner : out of rotation scrub who never proved anything, ever : offered $3 mil a year

Bonner isn't just here to stay for this contract, he'll probably get an extension.

YoMamaIsCallin
10-24-2008, 09:26 PM
It happens all the time in the nba. Finely a prime example. We are still paying retired players too. It's not uncommon.

It is obvious he doesn't belong on the team. He looks so lost on the court.

You're an idiot. Finley is a completely different case. The Mavs got a one-time deal to save a TON of money on luxury tax by waiving him. It was a POSITIVE BUSINESS CASE.

Also RETIRED is not equal to WAIVED, dumbass.

El Toro
10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
According to Wikipedia:

Among Bonner's favorite food is a Mr. Sub (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Sub) smoked turkey breast submarine sandwich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submarine_sandwich) with mayo and mustard on whole wheat. Bonner bought his car, a white Pontiac (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac) Grand Prix, in New Hampshire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire) to avoid paying sales tax.He chose it because it had good leg room and decent gas mileage. Likes Albanian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian) women with hairy armpits. Brother is a gynecologist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecologist) for senior citizens.

If all these reasons aren't enough to keep him, then frankly I don't know what is.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 09:30 PM
^ WTF?! It actually does say all that! :lol

El Toro
10-24-2008, 09:34 PM
^ WTF?! It actually does say all that! :lol

I wish I was capable of making all that up LOL.

SpursFanFirst
10-24-2008, 09:40 PM
The Bonner hate is beyond old.

m33p0
10-24-2008, 09:55 PM
According to Wikipedia:

Among Bonner's favorite food is a Mr. Sub smoked turkey breast submarine sandwich with mayo and mustard on whole wheat. Bonner bought his car, a white Pontiac Grand Prix, in New Hampshire to avoid paying sales tax.He chose it because it had good leg room and decent gas mileage. Likes Albanian women with hairy armpits. Brother is a gynecologist for senior citizens.

If all these reasons aren't enough to keep him, then frankly I don't know what is.
THAT IS JUST WRONG, MAN!

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Bonner played really well tonight. A big hell no from me.

galvatron3000
10-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Just being honest Bonner is a nice player, he is just not what the Spurs need at that position. They need an athelete. Bonner is a valuable trade asset for a team in need of his size and shooting. He has good rebounding moments as well just needs more court time unfortunately he can't get it in the Spurs system because of his lack of defense and not mobile enough. The Spurs were probably trying to showcase him a bit more to see if someone would bite on a trade offer later this season. I think Orlando would be a nice fit for him if they are willing to take him and offer a second round future pick.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:38 PM
I think if Bonner plays without thinking about Pop sitting on the sideline getting ready to yell at him, he'll do fine as a Spur.

I don't know if I could do that, though. Trying to please someone you respect can be a downward spiral if you press too hard.

exstatic
10-24-2008, 10:42 PM

YES

Phillip T.

Are you driving the armored car up to Holt Cat to pay off the $6M?

They ain't cutting his ass.

WildcardManu
10-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Dumbass petition

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:49 PM
Are you driving the armored car up to Holt Cat to pay off the $6M?

They ain't cutting his ass.

Oh, that's right. He's got another year after this one, doesn't he?

Yeah, no fuckin' way.

Flux451
10-24-2008, 11:48 PM
You're an idiot. Finley is a completely different case. The Mavs got a one-time deal to save a TON of money on luxury tax by waiving him. It was a POSITIVE BUSINESS CASE.

Also RETIRED is not equal to WAIVED, dumbass.

Cool. Is an idiot and a dumbass similar?

AC#21_TD ERA
10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Leave The Red Rocket Alone! At Least He Brings Something To The Table.

El Toro
10-26-2008, 10:36 PM
THAT IS JUST WRONG, MAN!

Hey, what do you got against Albanian women with hairy armpits????? :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
10-26-2008, 10:52 PM
:rolleyes

Yup, we know more than the coaching staff who work with these guys every day. And he's not really that bad - he tries hard and hasn't lived up to our expectations is all.

And besides, at $3mil, he's a useful trade chip.

GTFO!