PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe what Shaq says?

Showtime24 LAKERS
10-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Andrew Bynum, it seems, has a big fan, one that stands 7-foot-1 in his socks and lives and plays in Phoenix.

Yep, Shaquille O’Neal said Friday that Bynum, the guy who is trying to become another legendary Lakers center, is a good young player. But he didn’t stop there.

Shaq said called Bynum fortunate to be playing “with the best guy in the world.” And he wasn’t talking about Celtics’ Paul Pierce.

“Kobe is (the best player in the world),” Shaq said, after addressing students during Tuffree Middle School’s anti-drug program. “He is easily, by far. He’s always been the guy who wanted that spot, he earned that spot by almost winning the championship.

“Hes like a 10 and everybody else is like a 6 or 7 and that includes LeBron (James), DWade (Dwyane Wade), everybody. Kobe is the best in the world.”

And he didn’t even hum a tune this time.

http://lakers.freedomblogging.com/2008/10/24/shaq-sings-a-new-tune-about-some-lakers/3036/

dbreiden83080
10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
“Kobe is (the best player in the world),” Shaq said, after addressing students during Tuffree Middle School’s anti-drug program. “He is easily, by far. He’s always been the guy who wanted that spot, he earned that spot by almost winning the championship.

“Hes like a 10 and everybody else is like a 6 or 7 and that includes LeBron (James), DWade (Dwyane Wade), everybody. Kobe is the best in the world.”

SO from Kobe how does my ass taste to this, uhh okay

Tmac&Luther
10-24-2008, 08:52 PM

Seems kinda sarcastic if you ask me. Shaq hates Kobe, so I don't believe anything he says and there's always some kind of hidden jab in it anyways.

dirk4mvp
10-24-2008, 09:04 PM

SO from Kobe how does my ass taste to this, uhh okay

You realize that rap was a joke right?

dbreiden83080
10-24-2008, 09:13 PM
You realize that rap was a joke right?

Shaq hates Kobe that is very much real

dirk4mvp
10-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Shaq hates Kobe that is very much real

Probably so, but he knows he's good enough to warrant props.

dbreiden83080
10-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Probably so, but he knows he's good enough to warrant props.

I don't think Shaq giving Kobe Props can be taken seriously. Kobe is great but i doubt Shaq cares.

JamStone
10-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Shaq tends to exaggerate when he says shit like this. When he joined the Suns, he said Amare was the best big man in the league. When he was with the Lakers, Phil Jackson was the greatest coach in the history of the NBA. He probably actually believes what he says at the time to a certain degree, but you have to believe he realizes that he's exaggerating. I believe Shaq believes Kobe is the best player, but not that he's that much better than everyone else. He's just exaggerating, and part of it is to do a little damage control about him being an ass.

As for whether I believe what Shaq says, of course not. LeBron is probably even better than Kobe at this point. Kobe is the best combination of skill, athleticism, and mental approach in the game. But, I think LeBron has now passed him as the better player. Fine line, but I'd take LeBron over Kobe now even though I like Kobe more than LeBron.

lefty
10-24-2008, 09:36 PM
He’s always been the guy who wanted that spot, he earned that spot by almost winning the championship.

Wow

Dumbfuckness reaches new heights

duncan228
10-24-2008, 10:06 PM
I haven't believed anything Shaq has said for years.

dirk4mvp
10-24-2008, 10:13 PM
holy fuck, just read the OP

Wasn't this guy just saying how much better Wade was than Kobe when he was in Miami? :lol

Showtime24 LAKERS
10-24-2008, 10:55 PM
He's just protecting his legacy. He wants to have his Laker number retired and he wantst to be loved in L.A. Had he won three in a row in Miami, he might not be taking this approach. But history will always look back to his threepeat as his carreer apogee, and he wants that legacy to be a good one, not a bad one.

Shaq based his comments after playing with both Kobe and Dwade but I dont think Lebron is a 6 compared to Kobe though. More like an 8, his score on Dwade is just about right.

RsxPiimp
10-25-2008, 12:04 AM
kobe's the apple of the eye right now. he won mvp and just helped usa reclaim the gold.

lakers also is the favorite to win the west and the championship. and kobe is the leader.

it would be utterly stupid to go against kobe right now so shaq is saying all the right things because a. he's washed up b. his team cannot compete with the lakers in the same conference, so in essense he's already trying to befriend kobe in the media so that people will see him as that humble guy rather than a bitter fella.

plus he knows he fucked up with that stupid rap he made when his team was eliminated in the first round after promising phoenix he'll bring a championship in their town:rollin

DPG21920
10-25-2008, 02:08 AM
I believe that Shaq is an idiot when it comes to these things.

Trainwreck2100
10-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Both Shaq and Kobe know they blew atleast three rings by fighting over the team. I honestly think Shaq is going to try and make peace with Kobe and the Lakers and try to come back to LA after he's finished in Phoenix to ride out a few more titles. Kobe forgave PJ, could he forgive Shaq?

You know Kobe dimed out shaq to the cops right?

IronMexican
10-25-2008, 05:23 PM
I still love Shaq(One of the few in LA that still do) And I believe what he says.

IronMexican
10-25-2008, 05:41 PM
holy fuck, just read the OP

Wasn't this guy just saying how much better Wade was than Kobe when he was in Miami? :lol

Shaq NEVER said that. Shaq said Wade was his "Best teammate" he ever had

JamStone
10-25-2008, 05:43 PM
You know Kobe dimed out shaq to the cops right?

Maybe Kobe dimed him out to the cops because he wanted Shaq to hate him since Shaq kept trying to make Kobe taste his ass.

SenorSpur
10-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Is there any way to get his fat ass to STFU?

angelbelow
10-25-2008, 06:09 PM
probably not.

lefty
10-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Is there any way to get his fat ass to STFU?

Yes.

By feeding it permanently

SimonHymen
10-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Shaq became irrelevant the instant he joined the Suns.

Strike
10-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Shaq became irrelevant the instant he joined the Suns.

+1

pauls931
10-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Shaq speaks lies and raps the truth.

Reggie Miller
10-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Shaq speaks lies and raps the truth.

When Shaq is addressing the media, remember this simple rule:

If his mouth is open, one form of bullshit or another is spewing forth.

Killakobe81
10-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Shaq tends to exaggerate when he says shit like this. When he joined the Suns, he said Amare was the best big man in the league. When he was with the Lakers, Phil Jackson was the greatest coach in the history of the NBA. He probably actually believes what he says at the time to a certain degree, but you have to believe he realizes that he's exaggerating. I believe Shaq believes Kobe is the best player, but not that he's that much better than everyone else. He's just exaggerating, and part of it is to do a little damage control about him being an ass.

As for whether I believe what Shaq says, of course not. LeBron is probably even better than Kobe at this point. Kobe is the best combination of skill, athleticism, and mental approach in the game. But, I think LeBron has now passed him as the better player. Fine line, but I'd take LeBron over Kobe now even though I like Kobe more than LeBron.

Great, fair analysis ...Im a Laker fan (obviously) and I still feel Kobe is the better shooter all around player but Lebron is more dominant due to the physical presence he has ...yet still late in agame like the Olympics showed ...Kobe is stll the alpha dog despite what Pierce thinks of himself ...

By the way love the SHo nuff stuff Jamstone