PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Hudson's mother and brother killed: reports

lefty
10-24-2008, 08:55 PM
By Michael Conlon
ADVERTISEMENT

CHICAGO (Reuters) - The mother and brother of Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Hudson were found shot to death in the mother's Chicago home on Friday, media reported.

Police said they were searching for a suspect in the double homicide and also a seven-year-old boy, possibly Hudson's nephew, who was missing from the house on Chicago's South Side where the victims were found.

The Chicago Tribune said one of the victims was Hudson's mother, Darnell Donnerson. The entertainment website TMZ, citing a neighbor, said Hudson's brother Jason also was found dead.

Police said neighbors reported hearing shots in the area during the morning but the bodies were not found until mid-afternoon.

"A missing child was possibly abducted from the scene ... and may be in the company of William Balfour, a suspect in the double homicide investigation," police said in a statement, adding that the man was "considered armed and dangerous."

The statement listed two vehicles Balfour may be driving. It did not say who Balfour was or whether he was related to the family.

Police said the child was identified as Julian King, adding they believed he was the grandson of the woman found slain.

The Tribune, quoting police, said the killings may be linked to a domestic disturbance.

Hudson gained notice as a contestant on No. 1-rated U.S. television talent show "American Idol" during its third season in 2005. She was one of 12 finalists but was voted off.

Still, her booming voice and popularity kept her touring in live shows and eventually she earned the role as Effie White in the 2006 film version of stage musical "Dreamgirls."

The role of soulful singer White, who is kicked out of an all-girl 1960s singing group, earned Hudson the Oscar for best supporting actress and made her an instant star in Hollywood.

Since then Hudson has appeared in the movie version of "Sex and the City," and is currently in "The Secret Life of Bees."

Media reports said Hudson was in Florida when she was told of the shootings and was headed back to Chicago.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/081024/entertainment/entertainment_us_hudson_family

lefty
10-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Wow

Nobody gives a f... :wow

ashbeeigh
10-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I read it at tmz and perezhilton earlier this evening (like 5ish). I thought about posting it but usually this kind of stuff doesn't get a response on here. Nonetheless, I care lefty. Sad day for the Hudson family. My prayers for them.

InRareForm
10-24-2008, 09:45 PM
very sad.

I guess that part of Chicago is very bad, wonder why they didn't move?

angel_luv
10-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I just saw the headlines on yahoo.

How horribly sad.

My prayers are with Jennifer Hudson and the remainder of her family.

Slydragon
10-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Wow

Not that I don't care but this happens to everyday people that never gets mention so why should I get all down over this? because shes a star?

Yes it's terrible just the same when it happens to some random family but I'm not going to be like OMG!! WHY!!!.

I would care and show more emotion if it happen to someone on here, I hope it never does but in some way shape or form I know/connect with people on this forum.

Anti.Hero
10-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Chicago, Murder Capital of the Nation.

Trainwreck2100
10-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Wow

everyday someones mother and someone's brother get killed.

InRareForm
10-25-2008, 05:00 AM
^ yea but if it was a white celebrity........ this thread would be 5+ pages by now.

(had to be said)

Insomniac
10-25-2008, 05:18 AM
Not that I don't care but this happens to everyday people that never gets mention so why should I get all down over this? because shes a star?

Yes it's terrible just the same when it happens to some random family but I'm not going to be like OMG!! WHY!!!.

I would care and show more emotion if it happen to someone on here, I hope it never does but in some way shape or form I know/connect with people on this forum.

You remind me of someone who is leaving the forum.

1Parker1
10-25-2008, 10:53 AM

Just because something is common doesn't mean you shouldn't give a flying F**k.

Fpoonsie
10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
^ yea but if it was a white celebrity........ this thread would be 5+ pages by now.

(had to be said)

:rolleyes Ass.

NameDropper
10-27-2008, 08:39 AM
A suspect White SUV has been found that reportedly contained the body of a child is being reported. More to come.

duncan228
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Body in SUV believed to be Hudson's nephew, police say (http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/27/illinois.shootings.hudson/index.html)

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) -- A body believed to be that of the missing 7-year-old nephew of Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson was found Monday inside an SUV, an FBI official and Chicago police said.

Speaking at a news conference on an unrelated matter, FBI Deputy Director John Pistole said the body is "believed to be" Hudson's nephew, Julian King, and the FBI is working with the Chicago Police Department to confirm the identity.

Deputy Chief Cmdr. Wayne Gulliford said police were responding to "a call about a suspicious auto" in the west side of Chicago at approximately 7 a.m. when they found the body inside a parked white Chevy Suburban, which had a license plate matching the description in the child's Amber Alert.

He had no details on the body, pending the medical examiner's report.

Julian has been missing since Hudson's mother and brother were found dead in their home Friday. Watch the police news conference »

Over the weekend, Hudson offered a $100,000 reward for the safe return of her nephew.

"Please keep praying for our family and that we get Julian King back home safely," Hudson said in a posting on her MySpace page Sunday. "If anyone has any information about his whereabouts please contact the authorities immediately."

Earlier, Hudson viewed the bodies of her mother, Darnell Donerson, and brother, Jason Hudson, the Cook County medical examiner's office told CNN on Sunday. They were found shot to death Friday in their South Side Chicago home.

Julian's stepfather, William Balfour, was detained over the weekend for questioning in connection with the case, a police spokesperson told CNN. He was subsequently transferred to prison on a parole violation charge, the spokesperson said.

No charges had been filed against anyone in connection with the murders.

According to the Illinois Department of Corrections, Balfour, 27, spent nearly seven years in prison for attempted murder, vehicular hijacking and possessing a stolen vehicle.

Chicago news station WLS reported Saturday that Julian was not with Balfour when he was detained.

"My greatest fear has already happened, my greatest hope is for having my child. I just want my son," Julia Balfour said. "That's all I have to say. Just let my baby go."

William Balfour's mother, Michele Davis-Balfour, also urged the public to focus on finding Julian and said her son had nothing to do with the slayings.

"Out of no means did my son do this. This heinous crime to this family is unbelievable. It's unbearable," Davis-Balfour told WLS. Watch Davis-Balfour's emotional appeal »

Deputy Police Chief Joseph Patterson said the bodies of Hudson's mother and brother were found about 3 p.m. Friday, when a relative arrived and found the body of a woman on the living room floor. The relative backed out of the house and called police, Patterson said. Authorities found a man shot to death in a bedroom.

The Cook County medical examiner's office said Saturday that Donerson and Jason Hudson suffered multiple gunshot wounds and ruled the deaths homicides.

Neighbors reported hearing gunshots earlier Friday, Patterson said. Authorities found no signs of forced entry to the home and were not sure whether other items were missing. Watch the scene outside the house »

"You've got two people who were killed inside a home. That alone will produce a great deal of evidence," Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis said of forensic evidence at the crime scene.

Hudson won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Effie in the film version of the Broadway musical "Dreamgirls." She competed on the third season of "American Idol" in 2004, making it to the top seven contestants before being eliminated from the contest.

Fact Box• Julian King, 7, is Jennifer Hudson's nephew and Julia Balfour's son

• Julia Balfour is Jennifer Hudson's sister and Julian's mother

• Julia Balfour's estranged husband is William Balfour, who is in police custody

• Michele Davis-Balfour is William Balfour's mother

• Jennifer Hudson's mother Darnell Donerson and brother Jason Hudson were found shot to death Friday in Chicago Hudson also posted two pictures of her nephew wearing the brown-and-orange striped polo shirt he was wearing when he was last seen.

to21
10-27-2008, 02:36 PM
^ That sucks....

It's ALWAYS a tragedy when someone dies that young. Never mind the kid's background and if it get's more media coverage then the last.

TDMVPDPOY
10-27-2008, 06:05 PM
seems like domestic violence gone wrong....

David Bowie
10-27-2008, 06:15 PM
seems like domestic violence gone wrong....

It usually doesn't go right.

I was so extremly sad when I read that they all got killed.

BlackSwordsMan
10-27-2008, 06:28 PM
oh well life moves on

LuvBones
10-27-2008, 06:46 PM

well not everyday do you have your sister's estranged husband murder (if it was him) your mom and brother, kidnap your nephew, & have him missing for a couple of days to be found dead in a car.

Horrible thing to happen to this family. I hope they bring justice to anyone and everyone involved. I can't believe someone would kill an innocent little child!

The Franchise
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
My Question is when you made some money why not get your mother out of that fucked up neighborhood?

Anti.Hero
10-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Moral of the story.

Don't marry a former 7-year felon convicted of attempted murder.

King
10-27-2008, 10:05 PM
My Question is when you made some money why not get your mother out of that fucked up neighborhood?

They didn't want to leave

Richard Cranium
10-27-2008, 10:15 PM
People get killed in all kinds of neighborhoods.

InRareForm
10-27-2008, 10:44 PM
People get killed in all kinds of neighborhoods.

*sighs*

Bigzax
10-28-2008, 09:06 AM
damn.

rip.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Hope they have the death penalty in Illinois.