PDA

View Full Version : Who is

SequSpur
10-24-2008, 09:09 PM
the asshole that put the fucked up link in the game thread that made my computer crash?

you're a fuckin dick.

Asswipe.

Kori Ellis
10-24-2008, 09:11 PM
What are you talking about?

duncan228
10-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Starts on page 2 of the game blog. I didn't try it but people were saying it was trouble.

SequSpur
10-24-2008, 09:14 PM
tp2021
I'm a LEAD FARMER, MUTHA F*CKA!!!

Position: Pass-First Guard
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $500
Post Count: 1,453 Re: Game blog: Preseason Game 7: Spurs vs. Heat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Manufan909

Fuck!!! Come on someone, find a feed!!!

Please?
http://www.justin.tv/sporrtcenter

SequSpur
10-24-2008, 09:16 PM
tp2021

Not very cool thing to do...

tlongII
10-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Wasn't me...

Wish it was...

SequSpur
10-24-2008, 09:19 PM
:lmao

tp2021
10-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Yeah. I did it. It wasn't a bad Rick Roll. You just have to click OK a few times to make it go away. It doesn't make the browser crash. Only a few people complained about it in the original thread. Its not a big deal there.

I guess Manufan909 and I are the only people who like getting Rick Roll'd!

Kori Ellis
10-24-2008, 09:43 PM
It actually made quite a few people's browser's crash, according to the PMs that I received.

So, it's not cool.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 09:45 PM
My bad. I have opened that one myself many times, and nothing bad ever happened like that to me. I opened it before I posted it to make sure.

tlongII
10-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm impressed.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm impressed.

Damn it. I'm so banned.

Kori Ellis
10-24-2008, 09:47 PM
My bad. I have opened that one myself many times, and nothing bad ever happened like that to me. I opened it before I posted it to make sure.

I didn't click it, so I don't know for sure. I just know people are complaining :lol

SequSpur
10-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Yeah. I did it. It wasn't a bad Rick Roll. You just have to click OK a few times to make it go away. It doesn't make the browser crash. Only a few people complained about it in the original thread. Its not a big deal there.

It is a big deal. It was inappropriate and unwarranted. People were asking for links and you put some bs up there that made computers crash...

also, many people read but never post, so your actions can't be measured by post response.

If it were up to me, you'd be gone.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 09:53 PM
It is a big deal. It was inappropriate and unwarranted. People were asking for links and you put some bs up there that made computers crash...

also, many people read but never post, so your actions can't be measured by post response.

If it were up to me, you'd be gone.

Alright Sequ. I apologize. I guess I should be glad it isn't up to you, then. It's whatever Kori wants to do.

lefty
10-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Conspiracy!!!!!

It's David Stern; he did that to make sure Lakers and Celtics boards get more members, because Spurstalk is boring

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:00 PM
I wasn't about to just click on anything after that shit, so I closed IE from the task manager, which then closed all the other shit I had up looking for a radio link for the people in the thread. Not fucking cool at all.

duncan228
10-24-2008, 10:01 PM
The apology is appreciated. I think we trust each other here, at least the "regulars" do. I'm glad I didn't click it.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Man...
I've been Rick Roll'd here before. In a thread from the Club, IIRC. Nobody complained. Just a bunch of :lol because it was a well-known poster, I suppose.
:depressed

Fermixalot
10-24-2008, 10:03 PM
In a Rickroll sense, it was a damn good one. But it was probably the worst timing imaginable. Plus those flash heavy things are not good for browser stability. Not cool, but in a mean spirited way, it was kinda funny.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
Man...
I've been Rick Roll'd here before. In a thread from the Club, IIRC. Nobody complained. Just a bunch of :lol because it was a well-known poster, I suppose.

Usually it's one of the fucking douchebag Maverick fans or Mouse. I've never been caught because I wouldn't click on a link they provided. I was working rather hard trying to find a way for people to listen to the game, and didn't think you were going to post something like that. I suppose that's the point, but I'm not clicking on your links anymore. The fact that you apologized immediately is the only reason I took you off my ignore list.

vander
10-24-2008, 10:06 PM
it's a fucking link! get over it! and I've been to justin.tv a couple of times without any trouble.

take responsibility of your own mouse and OS frailty, maybe if you had an internet security program instead of 300 MB of ad ware and tracking cookies your browser wouldn't crash so easy.

stop your ego maniacal bitchin

:hat

Dex
10-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Yeah, in tp's defense, it wasn't like he posted a virus or something. It was a link to a site, just not the site you thought you were getting. I had to Force Quit my browser, had a good laugh, and moved on with life.

If it crashed your browser, than you probably need to do some maintenance on your computer, get a newer one, or just identify with the fact that sometimes things might crash it. It's not like he invented the Rick Roll here.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:12 PM
it's a fucking link! get over it! and I've been to justin.tv a couple of times without any trouble.

take responsibility of your own mouse and OS frailty, maybe if you had an internet security program instead of 300 MB of ad ware and tracking cookies your browser wouldn't crash so easy.

stop your ego maniacal bitchin

:hat

I've forgotten more about computers than you'll ever know. I simply don't appreciate someone doing something thoughtless when I'm trying to get audio links so people can listen to the game. If you can't appreciate that, then fine, but mind your own fucking business.

ElNono
10-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Man...

Your punishment will be to debate with whottt for 30 days straight...:lol

tp2021
10-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I've forgotten more about computers than you'll ever know. I simply don't appreciate someone being a dick when I'm trying to get audio links so people can listen to the game. If you can't appreciate that, then fine, but mind your own fucking business.

I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was trying to provide some laughs.

http://politicaldemotivation.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

Again, I apologize. It wasn't worth the trouble, that's for sure.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Your punishment will be to debate with whottt for 30 days straight...:lol

Ughhhh....
Can't I be banned instead?

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:24 PM
I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was trying to provide some laughs.

http://politicaldemotivation.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

Again, I apologize. It wasn't worth the trouble, that's for sure.

I totally know you were just trying to have some fun. Normally I'd have laughed it off. It was perfectly timed, which like I said, is exactly the point of the Rickroll in the first place. From that standpoint you did it as well as it can be done. Sequ is just a retard if he clicked on it after we all bitched about it in the thread. I just had to go back and open all the pages again that I was copying links from. Since NBA.com never got the audio LP page updated I had a bunch of windows open trying to figure out how they have the files set up so I could predict what tonight's stream was called and what folder it was in. When I saw your link I clicked it to see if I needed to bother continuing, and then I had to start over from scratch. It pissed me off, that's all. I know you didn't mean to do that.

BTW, the "mission accomplished" banner in the above picture is hanging on a ship. How many US ships have fired on Iraq since that picture was taken?

tp2021
10-24-2008, 10:30 PM
It was my first Rick Roll here. I will probably refrain from doing it ever again, unless the timing is perfect and the potential for flaming is low. So probably never again.

BTW, the "mission accomplished" banner in the above picture is hanging on a ship. How many US ships have fired on Iraq since that picture was taken?
I would be lying if I said I knew for sure.

ElNono
10-24-2008, 10:32 PM

Actually, it's an aircraft carrier. And we've launched plenty of air attacks from aircraft carriers since that picture was taken...

tp2021
10-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I want no part in a political debate!

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Actually, it's an aircraft carrier. And we've launched plenty of air attacks from aircraft carriers since that picture was taken...

Yeah, it's the Abe Lincoln. It's been in Washington since then; that's an awfully long way to send planes. :lol

Slydragon
10-24-2008, 10:35 PM
The fact that you apologized immediately is the only reason I took you off my ignore list.

How did you see said apology? When he was on ignore.

tav1
10-24-2008, 10:35 PM

I didn't complain about it in the thread, but my browser crashed too. I wasn't pleased. But if you admit to being a complete dumb ass, I'll accept your apology.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:36 PM
How did you see said apology? When he was on ignore.

He posted up pretty quick, so I checked it. There's a link to show the individual post. I figured he might not have expected the backlash for it, and like I said, I understood that he timed it well.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 10:37 PM
I didn't complain about it in the thread, but my browser crashed too. I wasn't pleased. But if you admit to being a complete dumb ass, I'll accept your apology.

Sorry, but I will not "admit to being a complete dumb ass."
I do apologize for poor timing, though.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I do apologize for perfect timing, though.

Fixed.

tp2021
10-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Maybe it wasn't so much the timing, as it was the thread, that made it a poor choice.
Or a good choice, depending on your point of view.

Probably the first one.

ducks
10-24-2008, 10:41 PM
looks like some people need to ran cc ccleaner on their computers

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:42 PM
looks like some people need to ran cc ccleaner on their computers

What exactly would that do, oh computer guru who can't even spell or punctuate? How do temp files keep boxes from popping up and windows from opening again?

ElNono
10-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, it's the Abe Lincoln. It's been in Washington since then; that's an awfully long way to send planes. :lol

Actually, it hasn't been in Washington since then.
However, it's true it didn't went back to Iraq. :toast

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure about that either...
On 13 March 2008, the USS Abraham Lincoln departed from Naval Station Everett as it embarked on a seven month deployment to the Persian Gulf. The ship returned to Naval Station Everett on October 12, 2008.

Manufan909
10-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I wasn't about to just click on anything after that shit, so I closed IE from the task manager, which then closed all the other shit I had up looking for a radio link for the people in the thread. Not fucking cool at all.

Me too. I don't mind getting rick rolled unless it won't let you close it til you have seen all the lyrics.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 10:46 PM
Actually, it hasn't been in Washington since then.
However, it's true it didn't went back to Iraq. :toast
??

Everett Washington is where it's based. It was deployed to the pacific* for a few months and just came back home a couple of weeks ago, IINM.

EDIT: Just saw your post that it was in the Persian gulf. Interesting.

Checked Wikipedia and they said the banner was for the end of major combat operations in Iraq, which was actually the end. I wouldn't tell the guys checking for IEDs that what they were doing wasn't "major", but it was the definition.

ElNono
10-24-2008, 10:49 PM
??

Everett Washington is where it's based. It was deployed to the pacific for a few months and just came back home a couple of weeks ago, IINM.

That picture was taken on May 1, 2003.

Since then, these are the voyages of the Abraham Lincoln:

Abraham Lincoln departed for her next voyage on 15 October 2004. The carrier was on a port call in Hong Kong when a 9.0-magnitude earthquake struck southern Asia on 26 December 2004. To help with the international relief effort and assist with search and rescue efforts already underway, the Lincoln deployed to the hard hit western coast of Sumatra to provide humanitarian assistance for Operation Unified Assistance.

In mid-January 2005 the carrier left Indonesia after the Indonesian government refused to allow fighter pilots assigned to Lincoln to conduct air patrols and training flights. By law, US carrier-based pilots must practice at least once every two to three weeks to remain "fit," otherwise they are grounded. Despite the move into international waters, Lincoln continued to provide support to the region until 4 February. During the carrier's 33 days on station, she and her strike group delivered 5.7 million pounds of relief supplies. The 17 helicopters attached to group flew 1,747 relief missions along the western coast of Sumatra. The carrier's departure coincided with the arrival of the hospital ship Mercy.

At the end of February 2006, Abraham Lincoln went underway as part of a scheduled "WestPac" deployment. The carrier returned to Naval Station Everett on 8 August 2006 and on 27 August, relocated to Puget Sound Naval Shipyard for an upkeep/overhaul period.

On 18 December 2006, the USS Abraham Lincoln left dry dock at the shipyard ahead of schedule and under budget. The Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and Intermediate Maintenance Facility (PSNS & IMF) completed ship tank maintenance in less then half the scheduled time. In 89 days, 18 tanks were completed. The Tank Value Stream Team achieved this partnering with Ship’s Force and the Lincoln Project Team. While in dry dock, the whole ship was painted by the crew at nights and on weekends rather than waiting for contractors to do the job.[1]

The refit was completed 26 March 2007, when Rear Adm. Scott Van Buskirk assumed command of Carrier Strike Group Nine (CSG 9) from Rear Adm. Bill Goodwin.

On 13 March 2008, the USS Abraham Lincoln departed from Naval Station Everett as it embarked on a seven month deployment to the Persian Gulf. The ship returned to Naval Station Everett on October 12, 2008.

ElNono
10-24-2008, 10:50 PM
??

Everett Washington is where it's based. It was deployed to the pacific* for a few months and just came back home a couple of weeks ago, IINM.

EDIT: Just saw your post that it was in the Persian gulf. Interesting.

Checked Wikipedia and they said the banner was for the end of major combat operations in Iraq, which was actually the end. I wouldn't tell the guys checking for IEDs that what they were doing wasn't "major", but it was the definition.

It's all good. I was just :stirpot:

ducks
10-24-2008, 11:12 PM
What exactly would that do, oh computer guru who can't even spell or punctuate? How do temp files keep boxes from popping up and windows from opening again?

dude I fix computers for living
I do not write for a living

hater
10-24-2008, 11:12 PM
:lmao props

ducks
10-24-2008, 11:13 PM

temp files are where alot of spywhere and virus start
oh great one since you know how to spell
because spelling is everything in life

tp2021
10-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm going to bump this thread one day, when it's all clear.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 11:32 PM
temp files are where alot of spywhere and virus start
oh great one since you know how to spell
because spelling is everything in life

And "alot of spywhere and virus" has exactly what to do with a Rickroll, which disables the alt+F4 option and opens up browser windows and popups?

The only thing you need to work on getting fixed is yourself.

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 11:33 PM
It's all good. I was just :stirpot:

Yeah, it's all just for fun. It hadn't occurred to me that the Abe might have been in the Persian Gulf because of Iran, though. Anyway, just fun trivia. I don't post it in the political forum because nobody will actually read it. :lol

ducks
10-24-2008, 11:35 PM
And "alot of spywhere and virus" has exactly what to do with a Rickroll, which disables the alt+F4 option and opens up browser windows and popups?

The only thing you need to work on getting fixed is yourself.

I am fine
you are the one the knows a little about a computer
and you are dangerous:lmao:lmao

I fix 5-8 computers a day
but I guess you know more then anyone because you can spell

Obstructed_View
10-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I am fine
you are the one the knows a little about a computer
and you are dangerous:lmao:lmao

I fix 5-8 computers a day
but I guess you know more then anyone because you can spell

Way to not answer the question. I know more than you do because you're stupid, which is the same reason you can't spell. The only people dumber than you are ones that would bring you a computer to fix.

ducks
10-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Way to not answer the question. I know more than you do because you're stupid, which is the same reason you can't spell. The only people dumber than you are ones that would bring you a computer to fix.

they bring them back after a year because they want me to clean them back up
I guess according to you they are dumber then me

ElNono
10-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I've been writing software for well over 20 years... and have designed hardware too...
Am I smarter than both of you? :stirpot:

Dex
10-25-2008, 01:58 AM
Funny, my Mac didn't crash. :bking

tp2021
10-25-2008, 02:00 AM
Funny, my Mac didn't crash. :bking

Maybe thats why some people's computers crashed and others didn't...
I have a Mac.

DPG21920
10-25-2008, 02:04 AM
Maybe thats why some people's computers crashed and others didn't...
I have a Mac.

Welcome to SpursTalk overreaction

SequSpur
10-25-2008, 11:41 AM
I don't think it's funny. When you have other applications open and some dickhead posts a link and says go here to watch the game and then some bullshit comes up and causes my laptop to crash, that just isn't cool.

In 8 years of posting on forums, I have never seen some dickhead do that. Wasn't cool at all.

urunobili
10-25-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't think it's funny. When you have other applications open and some dickhead posts a link and says go here to watch the game and then some bullshit comes up and causes my laptop to crash, that just isn't cool.

In 8 years of posting on forums, I have never seen some dickhead do that. Wasn't cool at all.

someone needs to Ban the mofo i agree :toast

duncan228
10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
I think it was just a bad choice of timing and thread. Game Blogs are a big deal, especially one where there were a bunch of people unable to see or hear the game. The blog moves fast, and to have to deal with that in the middle of the blog just seems harsh.

debo
10-25-2008, 12:12 PM
I thought it was funny, but it was just inconvenient

SequSpur
10-25-2008, 12:25 PM
dude I fix computers for living
I do not write for a living

dude, you couldn't put two double a batteries in a wireless mouse, you frickin retard.

tlongII
10-25-2008, 12:39 PM
Good thread.

LakerLanny
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
What a moron.