PDA

View Full Version : 'Joe the Plumber' Considers Run for Congress

Tully365
10-25-2008, 02:12 PM
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/25/joe-plumber-considers-run-congress/

LnGrrrR
10-25-2008, 02:23 PM
My first instinct is to lampoon the guy. And actually, so is my second. He should probably try to work through his state legislature rather than trying to use his 15 minutes to be elected.

boutons_
10-25-2008, 02:27 PM
As a Repug? Not a good period, for years, to start your career as a Repug politician. :lol

DarkReign
10-25-2008, 02:53 PM
I cant discourage political interest and activitiy on behalf of American citizens. Wish there were more JtP's in the country, regardless whether I agree with them or not.

Tully365
10-25-2008, 02:53 PM
My first instinct is to lampoon the guy. And actually, so is my second.

:lol I'm on about my 35th instinct since reading this, and still fighting the urge!

LnGrrrR
10-25-2008, 02:57 PM
:lol I'm on about my 35th instinct since reading this, and still fighting the urge!

I mean, I guess if he wants to jumpstart his political career, great. But running for Congress with no legislative experience? Might want to get elected to his state legislature instead.

Tully365
10-25-2008, 02:59 PM
I cant discourage political interest and activitiy on behalf of American citizens. Wish there were more JtP's in the country, regardless whether I agree with them or not.

My plumber, Jim the Plumber, is cool as hell and loves to weigh in on the Copper vs. Plastic debate-- granted, this issue might not have much national political traction-- but he singlehandedly got me to stop using plastic cups at home, and repiped five rental units in copper for a great price, which helped me sell them for a decent little profit... so he has my eternal gratitude.

DarkReign
10-25-2008, 03:29 PM
My plumber, Jim the Plumber, is cool as hell and loves to weigh in on the Copper vs. Plastic debate-- granted, this issue might not have much national political traction-- but he singlehandedly got me to stop using plastic cups at home, and repiped five rental units in copper for a great price, which helped me sell them for a decent little profit... so he has my eternal gratitude.

Ok, I was ownd. :worthy:

Tully365
10-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Ok, I was ownd. :worthy:

:lol