PDA

View Full Version : Damon Stoudamire would like to coach at Arizona

Darkwaters
10-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Stoudamire Would Like To Coach At Arizona

Former Arizona guard Damon Stoudamire said that he would "love to be a part of" the Wildcats' coaching staff in the near future.

Stoudamire, who is not on an NBA roster heading into the season, wouldn't might joining the team this season or next.

"They know I'd work hard because that's who I am," Stoudamire said. "I know the game. I think it would be a dream situation to go back to my alma mater and help out. I think it would be a great opportunity. I know Tucson. I know Arizona."

Stoudamire played for the Spurs last season and is currently living in Houston.

"Right now, I'm working out and staying in shape as though I was playing," he said.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55076/20081025/stoudamire_would_like_to_coach_at_arizona/

It's interesting that former Spurs PG Damon Stoudamire is interested in going to Arizona. How long has our relationship with 'Zona been going now anyways?

Obstructed_View
10-25-2008, 04:14 PM
It's interesting that former Spurs PG Damon Stoudamire is interested in going to Arizona. How long has our relationship with 'Zona been going now anyways?

I think his interest is more related to his having attended Arizona than having sat on the Spurs bench for a year. Marcus Williams, Sean Elliott and Steve Kerr went to Arizona. I can't think of any other Spurs offhand unless you count Salim.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
10-25-2008, 09:12 PM
sorry
I dont think college coaches can be potheads

Darkwaters
10-25-2008, 09:15 PM
I think his interest is more related to his having attended Arizona than having sat on the Spurs bench for a year.

Well, obviously. I just think the continuing Arizona connection is fun.

Obstructed_View
10-25-2008, 09:24 PM
Well, obviously. I just think the continuing Arizona connection is fun.

I guess I don't know enough about the connection, which is why my post sounded a little thick. Who else is there?