PDA

View Full Version : Last time we had this bad a choice

DarrinS
10-25-2008, 08:22 PM
When was the last time we had this shitty a choice for POTUS?

a) 2004 Bush vs. Kerry

b) 1996 Dole vs. Clinton

c) 1976 Ford vs. Carter

AntiChrist
10-25-2008, 08:28 PM
In this election, you HAVE NO CHOICE.

BWAHAAAHAAAHAAHAA

Anti.Hero
10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Lakers Celtics!

AntiChrist
10-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Lakers Celtics!

LOL. Good one.

Shastafarian
10-25-2008, 08:49 PM
LOL. Good one.

One of your greatest defeats?

AntiChrist
10-25-2008, 08:52 PM
One of your greatest defeats?

Sadly, I'm a Suns fan.

spurster
10-25-2008, 08:53 PM
I agree it's a shitty choice for Republicans.

TheMadHatter
10-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Shitty choice for Republicans that's for sure.

Not for Democrats and left leaning voters though. Obama is a dream candidate in every sense of the word.

Wild Cobra
10-25-2008, 09:43 PM

a) 2004 Bush vs. Kerry

b) 1996 Dole vs. Clinton

c) 1976 Ford vs. Carter

I think I can class all three as equal enough that they are statistically tied. The last time we had a good choice was when we got president Reagan out of it.

BRHornet45
10-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Not for Democrats and left leaning voters though. Obama is a dream candidate in every sense of the word.

yep son your exactly right. far left liberal trash like yourself worship Obama the man. most of you could careless about his politics, you just worship HIM. you far left liberals are all the same .... waiting for SOMEONE to make you happy whenever you have the power to do it yourselves ... "he speaks so well OMG and the media just LOVES him! I will vote for him because of that!" - TheMadHatter

boutons_
10-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Reagan?

There's a direct line between Reagan as first victory for class-warfare Repugs/conservatives/neo-c*nts and today's financial disaster.

DarrinS
10-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Reagan?

There's a direct line between Reagan as first victory for class-warfare Repugs/conservatives/neo-c*nts and today's financial disaster.

You're Palin dumb.

TheMadHatter
10-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Reagan will forever be revered by the Right in much the same way Clinton is revered by the Left.

That being said Reagan's economic advisors were all staunch proponents of trickle-down economics, which has clearly been shown to NOT work in this country. Hopefully this election will be the end of trickle-down.

Tully365
10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Reagan will forever be revered by the Right in much the same way Clinton is revered by the Left.

That being said Reagan's economic advisors were all staunch proponents of trickle-down economics, which has clearly been shown to NOT work in this country. Hopefully this election will be the end of trickle-down.

Trickle down theory was such a sneaky invention because it requires its proponents to keep the rich rich, which is a comparatively easy thing to do, but not directly deal with making the poor unpoor, which is a very difficult thing to do. Even its diction betrays its expectation-- trickle. This word would rarely be used anywhere else in a very positive sense. You don't tell someone you really care about that you feel a trickle of love for them. No fundraiser ever says, "oh boy, the donations are trickling in!" If someone comes up with a Flowing Down or Pouring Down theory of economics, it might be worth more of a look.

mavs>spurs2
10-26-2008, 01:55 PM

a) 2004 Bush vs. Kerry

b) 1996 Dole vs. Clinton

c) 1976 Ford vs. Carter

Clinton was a good president. The economy was much better under him than it is now

ploto
10-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I think McCain is a better option than Bush and Obama is a better option than Kerry.

only1wwff
10-26-2008, 02:13 PM
"trickle down" is a repulsive phrase. It suggests that the money will move slowly to the people who need it the most because either they wouldn't be able to use it wisely they don't deserve it

byrontx
10-26-2008, 03:05 PM
If Trickle-down economics worked, Mexico would be an economic powerhouse.

Anti.Hero
10-26-2008, 03:07 PM

Not really.

The left will forever be embarrassed by no morals shake your hand while pissing on your foot Bill. They can be proud of his record.

The right will forever be proud of Reagan the man, even though he spent and increased the deficit.

boutons_
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
In spite of the Clinton witch-hunting, Clinton finished office with extremely high populatity ratings, and 8 years of peace, peace-time economic expansion, and millions of new jobs created.

In comparison, Reagan has very little to show in real accomplishments.

Anti.Hero
10-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Thanks to the conservative economic tendencies he adopted once the republican congress held his hand.

TheMadHatter
10-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Conservatism hasn't really had much in the way of results to show for.

TheMadHatter
10-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Not really.

The left will forever be embarrassed by no morals shake your hand while pissing on your foot Bill. They can be proud of his record.

The right will forever be proud of Reagan the man, even though he spent and increased the deficit.

I'm not embarrassed by anything Clinton did.

The Right, OTOH, if they aren't embarrassed by what their party has become need to seriously seek mental help. Have fun being marginalized for the next few decades. Oh and where the fuck is that link whitey?

Anti.Hero
10-26-2008, 05:30 PM
That's because you are a libtard with no values. He did many great things, but the dude is a snake. Luckily Hussein killed Medusa.

Check your pms.

TheMadHatter
10-26-2008, 05:53 PM
where the fuck is my link cracker?

MaNuMaNiAc
10-26-2008, 06:02 PM
where the fuck is my link cracker?

am I missing something? inside joke? otherwise you're a fucking racist BRO.

I could never understand why people will go ape-shit over the "N" word but not mind the word "cracker".

only1wwff
10-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Not really.

What in the world did Reagan the man ever do? His advisors told him what to say...well, and Nancy read his horoscope too. The man was a mouthpiece at best because of those fabulous acting skills. "Where's that monkey when ya need him."

Duff McCartney
10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
I think 1840 Harrison vs Van Buren was pretty fucking terrible myself. I remember Harrison refusing to campaign on the issues which turne me right off to him. Likewise, after the Panic of 1837, Van Buren just turned me right off and I saw him as nothing more than a wealthy snob.

To me those were just the worst choices in American history. Although my suspicions proved correct when Harrison died 30 days after getting elected.

hater
10-27-2008, 09:08 AM
U seriously think Mcain/Obama are as shitty as Bush/Kerry????

you are in a sad state.

DarkReign
10-27-2008, 09:25 AM
I think 1840 Harrison vs Van Buren was pretty fucking terrible myself. I remember Harrison refusing to campaign on the issues which turne me right off to him. Likewise, after the Panic of 1837, Van Buren just turned me right off and I saw him as nothing more than a wealthy snob.

To me those were just the worst choices in American history. Although my suspicions proved correct when Harrison died 30 days after getting elected.

http://www.talkweather.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rimshot.gif

101A
10-27-2008, 09:41 AM

Then what works?

Govt. programs certainly don't? LBJ PROMISED that poverty would end if they would pass the Great Society Programs; they did - ALL OF IT - utter failure. Those programs haven't been stopped, they are still with us; and STILL not working.

Should we raise taxes on the top back to 70%??? That's where they were when Reagan got in office - if trickle down is an utter failure, why doesn't Barrack propose eliminating the REAGAN tax cuts?

"Trickle Down is a failed policy" is simply conventional wisdom these days; by what standard is it stated? What did it fail to do, exactly?

Well, whatever, let's try the Dem's version: "Trickle-Up Poverty"

Wild Cobra
10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Then what works?

Govt. programs certainly don't? LBJ PROMISED that poverty would end if they would pass the Great Society Programs; they did - ALL OF IT - utter failure. Those programs haven't been stopped, they are still with us; and STILL not working.

Should we raise taxes on the top back to 70%??? That's where they were when Reagan got in office - if trickle down is an utter failure, why doesn't Barrack propose eliminating the REAGAN tax cuts?

"Trickle Down is a failed policy" is simply conventional wisdom these days; by what standard is it stated? What did it fail to do, exactly?

Well, whatever, let's try the Dem's version: "Trickle-Up Poverty"
What works is government leaving us alone! Smaller government, less taxes, more freedom.

101A
10-27-2008, 11:46 AM
What in the world did Reagan the man ever do? His advisors told him what to say...well, and Nancy read his horoscope too. The man was a mouthpiece at best because of those fabulous acting skills. "Where's that monkey when ya need him."

Bullshit.

Dude was a true-believer.

Here's some clips:

http://wwrdheritage.org/Resources.aspx

MannyIsGod
10-27-2008, 10:00 PM

:lmao

This is your best post ever.

whottt
10-28-2008, 06:20 AM
am I missing something? inside joke? otherwise you're a fucking racist BRO.

I could never understand why people will go ape-shit over the "N" word but not mind the word "cracker".

The word white people don't like is "racist".

Cracker, gringo, whiteboy...those don't bother white people at all, in fact I think white people like those words....racist is the one that has the impact.

timvp
10-28-2008, 06:45 AM
Obama is a dream candidate in every sense of the word.:wakeup

J.T.
10-28-2008, 07:40 AM
I wish I had a choice to stop the entire board from reading yours and BRHornet's daily emo election thread but I don't.