PDA

View Full Version : redskins will finish with the best record in their division

RsxPiimp
10-25-2008, 08:56 PM
yup. jc, portis, santana moss are going to make everyone pay this year. redskins defense also rocks.

Reggie Miller
10-25-2008, 09:51 PM
The NFC East has FOUR teams. Having a better record than Dallas doesn't clinch the division.

Biggems
10-25-2008, 10:18 PM
well if the Cowboys can get their heads out of their asses, I feel they will have something to say about it.

Of course, the Skins still have to get past the Giants. NY already has beaten the Skins this season.

Obstructed_View
10-25-2008, 11:46 PM
The NFC East has FOUR teams. Having a better record than Dallas doesn't clinch the division.

It always makes the Redskins fans feel good, though. :lol

RsxPiimp
10-25-2008, 11:53 PM
It always makes the Redskins fans feel good, though. :lol

qft x10

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 10:41 AM
The Skins are going to lose to Detroit now.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Typical game for them this year. Dominating the stats, but can't score, and turnovers and penalties killing them.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Playing down to the level of competition.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 03:07 PM
Decent finish, but they still don't have a real killer instinct.

Hey, Manny, aren't you at the game?

K-State Spur
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
Possibly a costly victory.

Santana just looks like a hammy, but those have a history of lingering with him. Portis' injury looked terrible for a few moments, but he was able to hop up eventually and walk off with only a slight limp - so hopefully he just tweaked the knee.

Not that the Steelers will feel the least bit sorry for the Skins having some injuries at the skill positions.

Luckily, the bye is coming up in two weeks.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Nah shoog, didn't end up going. I put off getting tickets until last night since I was in te air or canvassing and just couldn't find seats that I wanted to shell out money for. I think we could ave driven into Detroit and bought them from a scallper but we really did get worn out the past few days so we passed on it.

I don't know if I'm sad or glad I didn't go after that game. Should never have been close at all.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2008, 03:26 PM
The Portis injury scared the fuck out of me when I firs saw it.

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
The Skins are going to lose to Detroit now.

thanks for playing.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Boy, yeah. You sure showed me.

K-State Spur
10-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Need Moss & Portis healthy, and need to get Samuels, Springs, and Horton back for Monday.

On the plus side - Shaun Alexander looks like he may have something left in the tank. The stats won't show it, but he ran pretty hard in his limited carries today. He had a huge first down run on 3rd and 2 where he broke some tackles and plowed through - but it was called back on a terrible phantom facemask call on Jansen. All the same, I'd just as soon get Betts back ASAP.

MannyIsGod
10-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Man you must be watching a different Alexander than I was. Betts would have run all over the Lions today. I can't wait to have him back.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah, I was underwhelmed by Alexander today, too. Dudejust can't get to the outside anymore, and doesn't really seem to have the power to do much else.

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Boy, yeah. You sure showed me.

yeah u got owned by urself

K-State Spur
10-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Man you must be watching a different Alexander than I was. Betts would have run all over the Lions today. I can't wait to have him back.

Not the way the line played today. They opened up a couple of holes for Portis early & late, but for the majority of the game, they were struggled to create any kind of a crease.

For his middle 15 carries of the game, Portis was under 3 yards per carry - so I doubt Betts would have run all over them.

Not to in any way insinuate that Alexander is an upgrade over Betts in the slightest, only that he didn't look like a complete stiff today either.

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I was underwhelmed by Alexander today, too. Dudejust can't get to the outside anymore, and doesn't really seem to have the power to do much else.

what do you expect? this was a guy who was cut and was not signed by various teams. he was signed as a 3rd sting runner. nothing more. betts comes back, s.a will go back to the bench...for good.

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Not the way the line played today. They opened up a couple of holes for Portis early & late, but for the majority of the game, they were struggled to create any kind of a crease.

For his middle 15 carries of the game, Portis was under 3 yards per carry - so I doubt Betts would have run all over them.

Not to in any way insinuate that Alexander is an upgrade over Betts in the slightest, only that he didn't look like a complete stiff today either.

no

alexander was a stiff today.

/thread

K-State Spur
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
no

alexander was a stiff today.

/thread

on that 3rd and 2 that got called back on the phantom penalty - he broke 2 tackles in the backfield before diving forward for a 4 yard gain and, what would have been, a huge first down.

guys with zero left in the tank don't do that.

don't get me wrong, if you set his over/under at 100 yards for the rest of the entire season - i'd take the under.

but it beats trotting marcus mason out there as well. and at least he'll hold onto the ball, which is always a huge concern with rock's carries.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 06:29 PM
yeah u got owned by urself

Man, you're just the new master of ironic insight around here. How did we ever get along without you?

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Man, you're just the new master of ironic insight around here. How did we ever get along without you?

witty remarks are not your strength. posting about things you dont know comes second.

quit.

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 06:40 PM
on that 3rd and 2 that got called back on the phantom penalty - he broke 2 tackles in the backfield before diving forward for a 4 yard gain and, what would have been, a huge first down.

guys with zero left in the tank don't do that.

don't get me wrong, if you set his over/under at 100 yards for the rest of the entire season - i'd take the under.

but it beats trotting marcus mason out there as well. and at least he'll hold onto the ball, which is always a huge concern with rock's carries.

but credit the skins o-line as well. they have been doing a fab job covering the skins runners. portis just eclipsed his 5th straight 100 yards/gm.

shaun is done guys. he's a low risk investment for zorn and the skins, and the only reason he was signed was because zorn endorsed him and well he knows a lil bit about the offense.

K-State Spur
10-26-2008, 06:50 PM
usually the skins o-line is great (we were missing samuels today), and even today they were alright. they just weren't as consistently good as they have been since week 3.

i'm not going to fault alexander when i didn't see any holes that he was missing on his 6 or 7 carries. he had somebody in the backfield to deal with almost every time he touched the ball. in his prime, he's not going to have much success under those conditions.

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 06:59 PM
usually the skins o-line is great (we were missing samuels today), and even today they were alright. they just weren't as consistently good as they have been since week 3.

i'm not going to fault alexander when i didn't see any holes that he was missing on his 6 or 7 carries. he had somebody in the backfield to deal with almost every time he touched the ball. in his prime, he's not going to have much success under those conditions.

fair enough.

Jimcs50
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Giants win division