PDA

View Full Version : What will happen with a Dmocrat Supermajority?

Wild Cobra
10-25-2008, 10:11 PM
We all know that democrats fight against the second amendment, but they are active against the first also. They want to silence people who speak out against them. Don't believe me? In there words:

SEN. DURBIN:

“It’s time to reinstitute the Fairness Doctrine,” said Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.). “I have this old-fashioned attitude that when Americans hear both sides of the story, they’re in a better position to make a decision.”

June 27, 2007 The Hill

SEN FEINSTEIN:

Feinstein says she is “looking at” reviving the Fairness Doctrine

She wants to bring it back because she thinks “one-sided programming” pushes the American people into “extreme views.

June 27, 2007 The Hill

Sen. Dianne Feinstein told "FOX News Sunday" that she was reviewing the Fairness Doctrine because "talk radio is overwhelmingly one way."

June 24, 2007 Fox News

SEN. KERRY:

“I think the Fairness Doctrine ought to be there and I also think equal time doctrine ought to come back. I mean these are the people who wiped out one of the most profound changes in the balance of the media is when the conservatives got rid of the equal time requirements. And the result is that, you know, they’ve been able to squeeze down and squeeze out opinion of opposing views and I think it’s been an important transition in the imbalance of our public…”

June 26, 2007 Bryan Lehrer radio show

SPEAKER PELOSI & STENY HOYER:

According to two members of the House Democrat Caucus, Reps. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer have informed them that they will "aggressively pursue" reinstatement of the so-called Fairness Doctrine over the next six months.

May 14, 2007 American Spectator

“First, [Democrats] failed on the radio airwaves with Air America, no one wanted to listen,” says a senior adviser to Pelosi. “Conservative radio is a huge threat and political advantage for Republicans and we have had to find a way to limit it. [SENIOR ADVISOR TO PELOSI]

May 15, 2007 Liberty Papers

REP. KUCINICH:

In January, Democrat presidential candidate Rep. Dennis Kucinich announced that he was going to pursue the Fairness Doctrine through his Government Reform Subcommittee. That announcement was greeted with silence. But now, Pelosi has moved things to the front burner.

May 14, 2007 American Spectator

REP. HINCHEY

But a spokesman for U.S. Rep. Maurice Hinchey, D-N.Y., said the congressman will likely introduce a version of the Fairness Doctrine as part of a package to limit consolidation of media ownership.

“Since it is the public’s airwaves, the public is entitled to hear a broad array of ideas that reflect the diverse opinions of Americans across the country,” said spokesman Jeff Lieberson. “The main underlying issue here is media consolidation — as a result of that, corporate interests are infiltrating what is being broadcast.”

Oct. 24, 2007 The Bend Bulletin

Rep. Maurice Hinchey tells The Washington Times that the Democrat is planning to reintroduce a bill that calls for a return to the doctrine, saying "The American people should have a wide array of news sources available to them."

June 22, 2007 NPR

But Rep. Maurice D. Hinchey (D-N.Y.) said the rest of the media presented a balanced view of controversial issues, and the Fairness Doctrine would simply reimpose that requirement on talk radio.

Hinchey is readying legislation to reinstitute the doctrine as part of a broad package of media ownership reforms.

"It's important that the American people make decisions for themselves based upon the ability to garner all the information, not just on what somebody wants to give them," he said.

July 23, 2007 LA Times

***Bill Ruder, an assistant secretary of commerce under John F. Kennedy, admitted to CBS News producer Fred Friendly that "our massive strategy was to use the Fairness Doctrine to challenge and harass right-wing broadcasters and hope the challenges would be so costly to them that they would be inhibited and decide it was too expensive to continue."***

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-graham/2007/11/14/bill-press-liberals-have-no-tv-network-no-op-ed-pages
Bill Press: Liberals Have No TV Network, No Op-Ed Pages

By Tim Graham | November 14, 2007 - 12:03 ET

In a recent CBN News report by Melissa Charbonneau on the Fairness Doctrine, jaws dropped across the conservative-Christian segment of America at this section:

Liberals, such as radio host Bill Press, say it's only fair for government to rein in right-wing broadcasters who dominate the airwaves licensed by the government.

"Conservatives rule talk radio," Press said. "Conservatives have their own powerful television network: the only one, the most powerful in the country, the most watched. Liberals have none. Conservatives rule the op-ed pages of all the newspapers."

I was invited in to discuss our PBS Special Report on how there's not exactly a Fairness Doctrine ruling the increasingly liberal taxpayer-funded network. It's a good thing I wasn't in the middle of a glass of water when that quote aired.

Anchor Lee Webb asked me to respond to Press, and I simply said that's not the way conservatives see it. Maybe I should have just said "Bill Press knows better."

From wiki; Fairness Doctrine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_doctrine#Support_for_reinstitution_of_the _Fairness_Doctrine):

Support for reinstitution of the Fairness Doctrine

Some legislators have expressed interest in reinstituting the Fairness Doctrine although none have introduced any bills to do so.

* John Gizzi, the Political Editor of Human Events, wrote that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told reporters that the Democratic caucus was interested in bringing back the Fairness Doctrine.

* Senator Richard Durbin has said "It’s time to reinstitute the Fairness Doctrine.”

* Senator John Kerry has said, "Well, I think the Fairness Doctrine ought to be there..."

In an August 13, 2008 telephone poll released by Scott Rasmussen, 47% of 1,000 likely voters supported a government requirement that broadcasters offer equal amounts of liberal and conservative commentary, while 39% opposed such a requirement. In the same poll, 57% opposed, and only 31% favored, requiring Internet web sites and bloggers that offer political commentary to present opposing points of view. By a margin of 71%-20% the respondents agreed that it is "possible for just about any political view to be heard in today’s media" (including the Internet, newspapers, cable TV and satellite radio), but only half the sample said they had followed recent news stories about the Fairness Doctrine closely. (The margin of error had a 95% chance of being within ± 3%.)

Warlord23
10-25-2008, 10:22 PM
What will happen? I'm hoping you'll go into fetal position with your Sean Hannity blow-up doll and post a lot less on this forum

ElNono
10-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Nothing will happen, because it will be shot down as unconstitutional as quick as it's enacted.
So you can stop shitting on your pants right now and find another talking point to scare people with.