PDA

View Full Version : Final Roster?

mystargtr34
10-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Its late, so sorry if its been posted, but i tried looking around to see who got cut after hearing about Tolliver making the team with the news of his mother, god bless him.

I couldnt find anything on who got cut out of Hairston and Farmer.

Who was it?

mrspurs
10-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Looks like my boy AT is gonna make the cut. He keeps his cool and the rest will follow. No matter the outcome, I seen our Brandon Bass, our Carl Landry, even better our West when I first set eyes on him. Still early though, if you have to guard him, that leaves Timmy (alone) and thats not good planning.

Solid D
10-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Its late, so sorry if its been posted, but i tried looking around to see who got cut after hearing about Tolliver making the team with the news of his mother, god bless him.

I couldnt find anything on who got cut out of Hairston and Farmer.

Who was it?

The Spurs have not made this information public and, it seems, no news out there yet from agents, etc.

SenorSpur
10-26-2008, 08:18 AM
If I remember correctly, on last year the Spurs final cuts went down to the wire. Surprisingly, they shipped Beno's ass out and kept Darius Washington. Maybe the Spurs have yet another trick up their sleeve this year?

HarlemHeat37
10-26-2008, 10:29 AM
I'd be absolutely surprised if the Spurs aren't trying to make a move right now..they would have announced it already..this is great though, because at least it seems like they recognized that they don't want to lose either guy, which is exactly what I wanted..

whether it's buying out JV or trading Bonner, the Spurs must be working the phones right now..hopefully it works..

dbestpro
10-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Now that Ollie is not going to the Bobcats I can't help but think about Vaughn to the Bobcats in some way.

Russ
10-26-2008, 11:58 AM
Tolliver and Bonner seem somewhat redundant. I'd like to think they won't keep both. Tolliver gave them every excuse to cut him and they didn't.

That may be a good sign for those who would like to see the Bonner spot open up for another developing player.

manu2150
10-26-2008, 12:57 PM
i think they will cut hairston because farmar is a better shooter and they need instant offense.

Her death came on the same day that Tolliver, a former Creighton star, officially learned that he made the San Antonio Spurs' roster.

tolliver made it so its between hairston and farmar

angelbelow
10-26-2008, 01:00 PM
guys... i wanna keep vaughn.. at the very least as a assistant coach or specialty coach or adviser or whatever. the thing is this guy has a reputation of a coach and he would help out hill so much at this point.

mystargtr34
10-26-2008, 06:07 PM
What got me was that they said Tolliver already made the team, so i assumed the 15 man roster had been finalised, and i couldnt find the news anywhere.

timtonymanu
10-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Bonner
Bowen
Duncan
Farmer
Finley
Ginobili
Hill
Mahinmi
Mason
Oberto
Parker
Thomas
Tolliver
Udoka
Vaughn

timtonymanu
10-26-2008, 06:16 PM
So this should be lineup:

Parker/Hill/Vaughn
Finley/Mason/Farmer
Bowen/Udoka
Duncan/Bonner/ Tolliver
Oberto/Thomas

with Manu and Ian out.

Manufan909
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Vaughn/Tolliver/Bonner switch out for the 13th man.

xtremesteven33
10-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Ian will get more playing time than Tolliver.

Flux451
10-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Do yall think Finely will play more small forward this year?

I am pretty excited about this roster:ihit

Solid D
10-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Do yall think Finely will play more small forward this year?

I am pretty excited about this roster:ihit

Yes some, depending on who he's defending...but he actually has played quite a bit at the 4 in small-ball situations for the Spurs.

MrChug
10-27-2008, 03:36 PM
I guess I was right. And I'm glad this time. Tolliver's effort on the court will be helpful and hopefully Farmer can continue to shoot well from the perimeter.

I think the lineup looks good and we continue to give Tolliver time at the 3 instead of the 4.