PDA

View Full Version : can jordan contain lebron?

RsxPiimp
10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
can he?

Vorg
10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
One on one and both their primes? I think Jordan might have a hard time because of Lebron's size advantage.

On the other hand, I don't think Lebron can contain Jordan on his prime.

JamStone
10-26-2008, 07:21 PM
No. Neither would be able to stop the other one-on-one without help.

However, LeBron would have a better chance at stopping Jordan than Jordan stopping LeBron.

m33p0
10-26-2008, 07:22 PM
due to bronbron's lack of post play, i say yes.

TDMVPDPOY
10-26-2008, 07:22 PM
lebron would power his way into the lane for a dunk

stretch
10-26-2008, 07:30 PM
No. Neither would be able to stop the other one-on-one without help.

However, LeBron would have a better chance at stopping Jordan than Jordan stopping LeBron.

Agreed.

I don't think there is a more unstoppable guard/forward ever in a 1-on-1 situation than Lebron, because of his size and athletic advantage. Absolutely no way Jordan could contain him. He is simply too big, strong, and fast.

mystargtr34
10-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Jordan was real strong for a 6'6" 220 guy, and a pretty lightning first step. It would be close.

angelbelow
10-27-2008, 04:15 AM
jordan is unstoppable. plus he would bother lebron enough with mental games, tricks, cheap fouls, etc. jordan was much smarter so i say jordan would win in both offense and defense.

m33p0
10-27-2008, 05:33 AM
Jordan was real strong for a 6'6" 220 guy, and a pretty lightning first step. It would be close.
he was better at 198 pounds which was what he weighed during the first 3-peat.

jordan worked harder on defense than on offense. he took pride in it.

JamStone
10-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Jordan never defended a guy that was not only had similar skills and talent, but was that much bigger and stronger than him. Jordan wouldn't guard someone like LeBron. He would have let Pippen or in the later years Rodman take him. Jordan may have took pride in defense, but face it, there wasn't anyone like LeBron back then. LeBron using his strength, quickness, agility, and overall athleticism to get into the paint and score isn't about basketball IQ, intimidation, or tricks by Jordan. Jordan in his prime could not stop LeBron without help from teammates.

stretch
10-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Jordan never defended a guy that was not only had similar skills and talent, but was that much bigger and stronger than him. Jordan wouldn't guard someone like LeBron. He would have let Pippen or in the later years Rodman take him. Jordan may have took pride in defense, but face it, there wasn't anyone like LeBron back then. LeBron using his strength, quickness, agility, and overall athleticism to get into the paint and score isn't about basketball IQ, intimidation, or tricks by Jordan. Jordan in his prime could not stop LeBron without help from teammates.

Jordan didnt even have to face guys on the level of T-Mac, Wade, or Pierce even. Today's game is loaded with elite guard/forwards.

Killakobe81
10-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Agree Jordan was smarter, better jump shot, post-play & defender but Bron is the most impressive physical talent in a league full of them ...Jordan is the best for now but in time if healthy Lebron will pass him ...Kobe is closest to MJ at this point Bron may pass them both dude's a freak ...

ambchang
10-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Jordan didnt even have to face guys on the level of T-Mac, Wade, or Pierce even. Today's game is loaded with elite guard/forwards.

Ever heard of Clyde Drexler?

ambchang
10-27-2008, 09:13 AM
BTW, Jordan had trouble guarding Magic's size, he would have a tough time with Lebron.

stretch
10-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Ever heard of Clyde Drexler?

T-Mac (when healthy), Wade, Pierce, Kobe, Lebron >>> Drexler

dirk4mvp
10-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Pierce >>> Drexler

:wow

MrChug
10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Any high school coach would put Pippen on Jordan, no question.

IronMexican
10-27-2008, 09:59 AM

Pierce? Idk about that one. The rest though, I agree with.

stretch
10-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Pierce? Idk about that one. The rest though, I agree with.

Personally, I feel Pierce has consistently been one of the most overlooked and underrated players in the game, because he has always been on a garbage team in the East. But he proved this year that he is an elite player and can play toe-to-toe with the two best players in the game (Lebron and Kobe). He may not be as much of a highlight reel as some guys, but he always gets the job done. He really has no glaring holes in his game. The only reason he isnt as good as Kobe or Lebron is because he is simply not as naturally gifted as them. But he has a complete offensive game, is a good leader, is clutch, and plays very solid defense. He is as complete of a player as there is in the NBA.

mavs>spurs2
10-27-2008, 10:55 AM
pierce is way fucking underrated. but stretch didn't you get upset at me for suggesting he was just as good as dirk a few months back?

dickface
10-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Pierce? Idk about that one.

:lol after the way he curbstomped Kobe in the Finals, this can only be bitterness from you.

IronMexican
10-27-2008, 11:06 AM
:lol after the way he curbstomped Kobe in the Finals, this can only be bitterness from you.

Naw son, I just don't know about the comment stretch made. He definitely stepped up his game last year though.

JamStone
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Pierce has a big mouth, is an overall fucktard, and isn't as good as he think he is. But, he's still a beast. He has a great combination of skills, athleticism, and strength. Dude has great upper body strength that gives smaller wings fits. Just like Jordan would have problem guarding a guy like LeBron who would have had about 50 pounds on Jordan, Pierce would have had the strength advantage as well. Pierce runs around 6'7" and 235 lbs., probably heavier than that listed weight too. Jordan, even at 220, would be overmatched because Pierce has good skills and adequate quickness and athleticism at that size. Pierce has been underrated over the years until this season, and all of a sudden he completely overrated himself. But, yeah, I believe he belongs in that discussion of other current great wing players in the league.

ambchang
10-27-2008, 12:31 PM

You can argue that they are slightly better than Drexler (though I would not say T-Mac or Pierce are better than Drexler was, or that we will still have to wait and see on Wade), but >>>?

Watched the guy play much in his Portland days?

TheMACHINE
10-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Pierce has been underrated over the years until this season, and all of a sudden he completely overrated himself. But, yeah, I believe he belongs in that discussion of other current great wing players in the league.

QFT...his bball game did his work for him at the finals...no need to "hype" himself up.

TheMACHINE
10-27-2008, 12:39 PM
jordan is unstoppable. plus he would bother lebron enough with mental games, tricks, cheap fouls, etc. jordan was much smarter so i say jordan would win in both offense and defense.

wow

stretch
10-27-2008, 12:51 PM
pierce is way fucking underrated. but stretch didn't you get upset at me for suggesting he was just as good as dirk a few months back?

This comparison wasn't between Pierce (whom i have always said is massively underrated as well) and Dirk. It was about Pierce and Drexler, dumbshit.

stretch
10-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Pierce has a big mouth, is an overall fucktard, and isn't as good as he think he is. But, he's still a beast. He has a great combination of skills, athleticism, and strength. Dude has great upper body strength that gives smaller wings fits. Just like Jordan would have problem guarding a guy like LeBron who would have had about 50 pounds on Jordan, Pierce would have had the strength advantage as well. Pierce runs around 6'7" and 235 lbs., probably heavier than that listed weight too. Jordan, even at 220, would be overmatched because Pierce has good skills and adequate quickness and athleticism at that size. Pierce has been underrated over the years until this season, and all of a sudden he completely overrated himself. But, yeah, I believe he belongs in that discussion of other current great wing players in the league.

I agree, Pierce needs to STFU and just let his play speak for itself. But damn... he is good.

stretch
10-27-2008, 12:55 PM
You can argue that they are slightly better than Drexler (though I would not say T-Mac or Pierce are better than Drexler was, or that we will still have to wait and see on Wade), but >>>?

Fuckin A', should have expected this kind of bullshit from you.

Watched the guy play much in his Portland days?

Yes.

Pierce, Wade, T-Mac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X 590475890347289057348902572490758943758934 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drexler

hater
10-27-2008, 12:58 PM
doesn't need to. Lebron has no chance in hell on containing Jordan. Jordan would run circles around him

ambchang
10-27-2008, 02:06 PM

Yes.

Pierce, Wade, T-Mac >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X 590475890347289057348902572490758943758934 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drexler

Really? I didn't realize those players are so much better than a HoFer.

:tu

mavs>spurs2
10-27-2008, 02:45 PM
This comparison wasn't between Pierce (whom i have always said is massively underrated as well) and Dirk. It was about Pierce and Drexler, dumbshit.

I wasn't talking about what you said in relation to Drexler. I'm talking about the fact that you praise Pierce even going to far as to say that "he proved this year that he is an elite player and can play toe-to-toe with the two best players in the game" after scoffing at me suggesting he's equal to Dirk in terms of talent. If he's an elite player and can go toe to toe with the best then how was it so outlandish of me to say Pierce and Dirk are in the same league?

stretch
10-27-2008, 09:21 PM
Really? I didn't realize those players are so much better than a HoFer.

They absolutely are. No fucking question.

stretch
10-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I wasn't talking about what you said in relation to Drexler. I'm talking about the fact that you praise Pierce even going to far as to say that "he proved this year that he is an elite player and can play toe-to-toe with the two best players in the game" after scoffing at me suggesting he's equal to Dirk in terms of talent. If he's an elite player and can go toe to toe with the best then how was it so outlandish of me to say Pierce and Dirk are in the same league?

Playing toe-to-toe with some great players doesn't mean you are instantly on the same level. And Dirk is a great player too, easily top 5, IMO top 5.

And you weren't saying they were in the same league. You were saying Pierce is better. You are seriously one of the biggest fucking retards on the board. I would actually rather have a debate with Rsxpiimp or Spursdynasty than you, because we all know they are simply trying to be retarded. You on the other hand know better, and are capable of actually having a reasonable conversation, but you choose to be an ignorant retard because you are a stupid bandwagoning fan that doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about.

mavs>spurs2
10-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Playing toe-to-toe with some great players doesn't mean you are instantly on the same level. And Dirk is a great player too, easily top 5, IMO top 5.

And you weren't saying they were in the same league. You were saying Pierce is better. You are seriously one of the biggest fucking retards on the board. I would actually rather have a debate with Rsxpiimp or Spursdynasty than you, because we all know they are simply trying to be retarded. You on the other hand know better, and are capable of actually having a reasonable conversation, but you choose to be an ignorant retard because you are a stupid bandwagoning fan that doesnt know what the fuck he is talking about.

whatever dude, not going to get in a flame war over this, i was asking a legitimate question about why you changed your mind on pierce. I agree Dirk is at least a top 10 player and I think they are pretty close to equal in terms of talent. when this came up i originally said i thought pierce had the slight edge but it was close and either would be a fair choice.

it just made no sense to me that you were praising pierce after scoffing at the thought of him being in the same league as dirk. and i'm not a bandwagoner i've followed the mavs ever since we sucked ass and were a perennial 20 win team, although i was too young to really witness them when they went to the WCF in i think it was 88'.

stretch
10-27-2008, 10:51 PM
it just made no sense to me that you were praising pierce after scoffing at the thought of him being in the same league as dirk. and i'm not a bandwagoner i've followed the mavs ever since we sucked ass and were a perennial 20 win team, although i was too young to really witness them when they went to the WCF in i think it was 88'.

I think i was more so negative toward your notion simply because it was a dipshitted fuckfaced liar like you who said it you bandwagon, cocksucking bulls fan.

mavs>spurs2
10-27-2008, 11:38 PM
I think i was more so negative toward your notion simply because it was a dipshitted fuckfaced liar like you who said it you bandwagon, cocksucking bulls fan.

now i'm a bulls fan? :lol

Warlord23
10-28-2008, 12:55 AM
It's obvious some of you didn't watch Drexler play. He was a prototypical 2/3 player with a terrific mix of scoring, rebounding and passing - a career 20/6/5.5 guy

Rebounding: Glide has 13 seasons of 6+ RPG, while Pierce and T-Mac have 7 apiece
Passing: Glide has 12 seasons of 5+ APG with a high of 8 APG; Pierce has 1 and T-Mac has 6 seasons of 5+ APG, neither having crossed 6.5 APG ever.
Scoring: While not a volume shooter, his 47% career FGP is well ahead of PP and Tracy
Defense: While not a standout, 2.0 steals a game for an entire career is no mean feat.

He didn't get to the FT line as much Pierce or T-Mac, but then again he played in a more physical era against a lot of great teams. In the 92 playoffs he played some superb ball and averaged 26/7/7 over 21 games.

I'd take him any day of the week over Pierce (1-hit wonder) or T-Mac (injury-riddled 1st round virgin).

angelbelow
10-28-2008, 03:33 AM
drexler>pierce>tmac. now thats the truth.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2008, 04:08 AM
drexler>pierce>tmac. now thats the truth.

Drexler = Pierce + Tmac. That's the fucking truth.

nash76
10-28-2008, 04:09 AM
Id take drexler over pierce and tmac.

Guy was a prime talent back in the 90's.

Right now Pierce has the mental edge but lets just wait and see....cos everyone GUNS for the nba champs.

But back to the original topic......hmmmmm i think it would be close but Jordan would take Lebron.....solely on the fact that he has better fundamental skills. Lebron from all the games ive seen of him loves his dribble too much and really it isnt that good...he only gets by people due to his size. Plus he has no post up game at all, and what do you do when you have no post up? you either drive or take jump shots.

Jordan in his prime could do it all, drive, shoot, post up and defend. Look if Kobe can keep up with Lebron on d then surely Jordan in his prime can.

Jordan all the way.

sendman
10-28-2008, 04:32 AM

Yes.

IMBECILE!

stretch
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
now i'm a bulls fan? :lol

actually, i think i got you mixed up with that other idiot, mavsfan1000. its hard to tell, as the both of you are friggin stupid as crap