and who they are playing

tlongII
10-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Who says they're going to the playoffs?

honestfool84
10-26-2008, 07:19 PM
they will loose in second round

yep.

they will get loose in the second round, start crushing opponents, and then win their 5th championship.

mrspurs
10-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Depends....If the same Timmy that showed up during this past PO. Timmy couldnt hold up his part of the show. He got schooled in the paint by guys like Amare,West,Gasol. And thou, those other teams have other bigs that made it difficult. And because we have guys named Fab and Kurt, Matt and Ian. It still was no excuse for Timmy getting burned night in and night out. If guys named Manu and his hurt ankle, guys named Tony and Bruce with a mixture of Ime wasnt enough last season. Then how should grabbing players that help our smalls do anything to help our bigs? I understand if we cant stop them in the paint, then try and keep them from getting to the paint? That looks the direction the FO went this offseason. So Ill say it again. If the same Timmy shows up like last year. Then expect and exit prior to the finals. Timmy is over matched and he knows it.

nfg3
10-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Too many variables at this time to really have a meaningful dicussion. Season hasn't started and the health of the team is always the main concern for Pop.

We'll have a better feel for this as we approach the ASB.

More confirmation with the Rodeo trip.

honestfool84
10-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Depends....If the same Timmy that showed up during this past PO. Timmy couldnt hold up his part of the show. He got schooled in the paint by guys like Amare,West,Gasol. And thou, those other teams have other bigs that made it difficult. And because we have guys named Fab and Kurt, Matt and Ian. It still was no excuse for Timmy getting burned night in and night out. If guys named Manu and his hurt ankle, guys named Tony and Bruce with a mixture of Ime wasnt enough last season. Then how should grabbing players that help our smalls do anything to help our bigs? I understand if we cant stop them in the paint, then try and keep them from getting to the paint? That looks the direction the FO went this offseason. So Ill say it again. If the same Timmy shows up like last year. Then expect and exit prior to the finals. Timmy is over matched and he knows it.

hey buddy.
check this out!

http://www.piotrpix.com/files/images/Keyboard%20Enter%20Key_0.preview.JPG

honestfool84
10-27-2008, 10:52 AM

not only was it difficult to read, but incorrect.
timmy is not over matched.

there is a reason we got past shaq AND amare.
it's called tim duncan.

duncan228
10-27-2008, 10:52 AM
Duncan rose as he always does in the playoffs last year. (Except the Hornet's games he was sick for.)

Duncan's season stats for '07-'08:
boards: 11.3
assists: 2.8
blocks: 2

Duncan's Playoff stats for '07-'08: (Which as always include nothing of the intangibles he brings).

Suns:

Hornets:

Lakers:

mrspurs
10-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Too many variables at this time to really have a meaningful dicussion. Season hasn't started and the health of the team is always the main concern for Pop.

We'll have a better feel for this as we approach the ASB.

More confirmation with the Rodeo trip.
Great points. And we all know about that rodeo trip. Last seasons rodeo trip was one of the worst in as many. After last seasons rodeo trip most of the people I spoke with said the same. All I know is without brent and bob we wont have togo through periods of the game where no game is played at all. Pop would let them in and say shoot the 3 and I swear they did what they were told todo. :lol I for one will be happy not having to live and die from beyond the arc. That in this day and age in the NBA is a slow death.

mabrignani
10-27-2008, 05:28 PM

haha i love how all the trailblazers fans think that they are gonna be badass this year bc they added oden....

galvatron3000
10-27-2008, 05:31 PM
haha i love how all the trailblazers fans think that they are gonna be badass this year bc they added oden....

I'm a Spurs fan and I expect big things from the Blazers, especially if Roy comes back healthy

benefactor
10-27-2008, 07:43 PM
hey buddy.
check this out!

http://www.piotrpix.com/files/images/Keyboard%20Enter%20Key_0.preview.JPG
There is no convincing him to use it. Many others have tried and failed.

The Franchise
10-27-2008, 07:52 PM
If healthy they have just as good a chance as any other contender. This team is a fucking machine when healthy.

Flux451
10-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Health is an issue for any team counting on an allstar.

So, with the spurs talent this year, they should take it all.
I think they will find their groove with the absense of Manu. They will learn to not have to depend on him primarily. Which would of helped us out in the playoffs last year.

:flag:

tav1
10-27-2008, 08:09 PM
There are more question marks this season than in recent years, and the competition is stiff. Luck plays a major role. Provided the Spurs are healthy, I think their ceiling is league champs and their floor is the WCSF. In other words, same as any other year.

jbspurs
10-27-2008, 08:11 PM

Greg Oden after they miss the playoff