PDA

View Full Version : Remember The Alamo: Suns Look To Rise From The Ashes In Season Opener

duncan228
10-26-2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like we're under someone's skin. :lol

Remember the Alamo: Phoenix Suns look to Rise from the Ashes in Season Opener (http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2008/10/26/632978/remember-the-alamo-phoenix)
by Phoenix Stan

Throughout history fans and nationalists alike have rallied around the symbols of their greatest defeats. Wounded Knee. Pearl Harbor. The last hundred years of Cubs baseball. And just ask a Serb about Kosovo Polje.

But in what must be one history's greatest ironies, both Suns fans and Texans rally to the same Alamo cries. Both suffered tremendous defeats on virtually the same ground.

In the case of the Texans that defeat eventually lead to independence and the formation of the Republic of Texas. History has yet to reveal if the Phoenix Suns will rise from the same ashes to achieve similar glory.

However brilliantly scheduled by the NBA, returning the Suns to San Antonio for the season opener is still a meaningless game.

No team has even shown a greater ability to pace itself through the long season than the Spurs. And no Sun should think twice about the outcome of this first game. Even if the Suns sweep the season series by a combined point total of +100 it won't matter at all. Until the Suns win four games against the Spurs in April or May we are their door mat.

Enjoy the start of the season.

Enjoy the hype that will come with this game.

Even try and enjoy the 37.000 inevitable replays of Tim Duncan's improbable and amazing three pointer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDdb48g4_c).

Embrace the pain the Spurs symbolize for all Suns fans and hope for a victory. But don't forget that this game doesn't count for anything more then the first of many wins and loses that both teams will rack up this season.

The road to redemption begins and will hopefully end in San Antonio (a crappy little hell hole of a town with a fake river and over priced restaurants as its main attraction) next spring.

Remember the Alamo!

And burn the mother f*#ker down!

Manufan909
10-26-2008, 08:21 PM
Ha, what a faggot. Resorting to smack-talking about other towns when his team can't defend itself.

duncan228
10-26-2008, 08:23 PM
I liked this:

Even if the Suns sweep the season series by a combined point total of +100 it won't matter at all. Until the Suns win four games against the Spurs in April or May we are their door mat.

tp2021
10-26-2008, 08:24 PM
I liked this:

Even try and enjoy the 37.000 inevitable replays of Tim Duncan's
improbable and amazing three pointer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDdb48g4_c):p:

K-State Spur
10-26-2008, 08:25 PM
That article might have been semi-worthwhile in 2006.

But when the stars come out enough nights, you come to realize that some things are inevitable.

ShoogarBear
10-26-2008, 08:42 PM
Actually, that was pretty funny. And he didn't bitch about the suspensions.

samikeyp
10-26-2008, 09:23 PM
:lmao

Ahh, the ravings of the jealous and envious. :tu

Fermixalot
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
I liked this::p:

I make it a daily ritual to watch that video at least once. No matter how I may feel that day, watching Tim drain that three will bring a smile to my face.

:lobt2::flag:

Xylus
10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Rise from the Ashes?
Remember the Alamo?

When will the bad cliches end?!

ducks
10-26-2008, 10:53 PM
sun fan told me today
why do the suns always play the spurs

Solid D
10-26-2008, 11:25 PM
sun fan told me today
why do the suns always play the suns

ducks, would you please fix this? It's too confusing. Thanks, bye.

Avitus1
10-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Can't wait to see this game in person..

m33p0
10-26-2008, 11:41 PM
phoenix should adapt a new nick for Duncan like... Tim The Nemesis Duncan.

duncan228
10-27-2008, 12:02 AM
ducks, would you please fix this? It's too confusing. Thanks, bye.

...read ducks dictionary to unerstand ducks
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2452585&postcount=48

http://www.lvedecals.com/Cart/Images/Products/speak-duck.jpg

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-27-2008, 03:14 PM
The road to redemption begins and will hopefully end in San Antonio (a crappy little hell hole of a town with a fake river and over priced restaurants as its main attraction) next spring.

At least San Antonio has an actual water supply. If anyone upstream on the Colorado River ever shut off the water valve Phoenix would dry up in a couple of weeks.

Remind me what Phoenix's main attraction is again?

I like how this guy's emotion finally gets the best of him at the end, he should post in here! :lol

1Parker1
10-27-2008, 03:22 PM
^:lol How do you know he's not a poster already?

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Actually, that was pretty funny. And he didn't bitch about the suspensions.

This may actually be the greatest benefit of Duncan's three pointer. With Horry gone I doubt the suspensions would have come up much more anyways, but Tim's shot gave everyone a fresh highlight to obsess on.

When will the bad cliches end?!

A day late and a dollar short.

Mister Sinister
10-27-2008, 07:16 PM
phoenix should adapt a new nick for Duncan like... Tim The Nemesis Duncan.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/transformers/images/7/70/BWNemesisPt1_rises.jpg???

Allanon
10-27-2008, 07:20 PM
This game's gonna be awesome.

I can't wait...too bad it's on ESPN instead of TNT.

Shaq's gonna put Pop in his place ;)

Xylus
10-27-2008, 07:33 PM
At least San Antonio has an actual water supply. If anyone upstream on the Colorado River ever shut off the water valve Phoenix would dry up in a couple of weeks.

Remind me what Phoenix's main attraction is again?

The Colorado River is an actual water supply.

Phoenix's main attraction is the year-long warm weather and the desert terrain.

dbestpro
10-27-2008, 07:47 PM

Remember the Alamo!

The last guys to burn the Alamo down lost half their nation and never did recover.

Allanon
10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
The last guys to burn the Alamo down lost half their nation and never did recover.

Hahah, that's pretty good.

Spork KIller
10-28-2008, 12:20 AM

Remember the Alamo: Phoenix Suns look to Rise from the Ashes in Season Opener (http://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2008/10/26/632978/remember-the-alamo-phoenix)
by Phoenix Stan

Throughout history fans and nationalists alike have rallied around the symbols of their greatest defeats. Wounded Knee. Pearl Harbor. The last hundred years of Cubs baseball. And just ask a Serb about Kosovo Polje.

But in what must be one history's greatest ironies, both Suns fans and Texans rally to the same Alamo cries. Both suffered tremendous defeats on virtually the same ground.

In the case of the Texans that defeat eventually lead to independence and the formation of the Republic of Texas. History has yet to reveal if the Phoenix Suns will rise from the same ashes to achieve similar glory.

However brilliantly scheduled by the NBA, returning the Suns to San Antonio for the season opener is still a meaningless game.

No team has even shown a greater ability to pace itself through the long season than the Spurs. And no Sun should think twice about the outcome of this first game. Even if the Suns sweep the season series by a combined point total of +100 it won't matter at all. Until the Suns win four games against the Spurs in April or May we are their door mat.

Enjoy the start of the season.

Enjoy the hype that will come with this game.

Even try and enjoy the 37.000 inevitable replays of Tim Duncan's improbable and amazing three pointer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDdb48g4_c).

Embrace the pain the Spurs symbolize for all Suns fans and hope for a victory. But don't forget that this game doesn't count for anything more then the first of many wins and loses that both teams will rack up this season.

Remember the Alamo!

Duncon Travelled bitch!

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
10-28-2008, 12:37 AM
Fuck The Suns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2008, 12:43 AM
was a really a good article until he had to rubbed salt into the city town, fuck this clown

Manufan909
10-28-2008, 12:52 AM
This game's gonna be awesome.

I can't wait...too bad it's on ESPN instead of TNT.

Shaq's gonna put Pop in his place ;)

Yeah I'm sure The Big Shogun has something up his sleeve...:downspin:

Borosai
10-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Ahhh, I love the smell of a fresh season in the morning.

m33p0
10-28-2008, 02:56 AM
The Colorado River is an actual water supply.

Phoenix's main attraction is the year-long warm weather and the desert terrain.
making it prime destination for retirees.

BWS-1994
10-28-2008, 05:45 AM
Rise in the regular season, set in the play-off's.

GSH
10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I love the fact that the Spurs make it down to the final four teams in the NBA, and it's considered a disaster - even by fans of other teams. When you have to "rise from the ashes" after making it to the WCF, it tells you why the other teams live in fear of them.

nfg3
10-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Is this guy related to Mark Cuban?

I'm used to having other fans torch the Spurs becasue of "insert pet peeve regardless of whether it is true or not" but when you trash another city that's pretty low.

Decent article until that happened.