PDA

View Full Version : Final Roster

xcoriate
09-22-2004, 06:54 AM
What will our final roster end up looking like? Does Sato make the 12th man? Does Linton Johnson III make the squad? Same with Massenburg, Marks and Valter Monteiro. What will our rotation look like basically. Who gets more minutes Horry or Malik and does Malik get traded early? Who starts Barry or Gino? Theres so many scenarios.

Heres what I think.

1 TP
2 Manu
3 Bruce
4 Timmy
5 Rasho

Bench
2/1 Barry (Mostly 2 in the second half of the season)
4/3 Horry (I think If we are struggling at the 3 Horry could see some minutes there. He seems to have pretty decent quickness is a good defender and has range on his jumper. Ideal for guarding Dirks/Odoms)
2/3 Devin (How we are going to manage the guard rotation I don't know, we are pretty deep especially if Sato and Beno develop, Brown can gaurd some of the smaller 3s)
1 Udrih (You've heard it all before, injuries seem a problem but could be good)
3/2? Johnson III (The next Bruce.. Damn I hope so)
4/5/3 Malik (Unforunately I doubt he gets much chance, IMO he will gets spot minutes all over the front court)
4/5 Massenburg :vomit

IR
Valter Monteiro (Training Camp Scrub most likely)
Romain Sato (We have to many guards already, unfortunate as it is I don't see him making the active roster)
Sean Marks (Could possibly replace Massenburg, deserves a chance)

Feel free to add your own versions :)

Solid D
09-22-2004, 07:58 AM
1 TP
2 Manu
3 Bruce
4 Timmy
5 Rasho

Bench
2/1 Barry (Mostly 2 in the second half of the season)
4/3 Horry (I think If we are struggling at the 3 Horry could see some minutes there. He seems to have pretty decent quickness is a good defender and has range on his jumper. Ideal for guarding Dirks/Odoms)
2/3 Devin (How we are going to manage the guard rotation I don't know, we are pretty deep especially if Sato and Beno develop, Brown can gaurd some of the smaller 3s)
1 Udrih (You've heard it all before, injuries seem a problem but could be good)
3/2? Johnson III (The next Bruce.. Damn I hope so)
4/5/3 Malik (Unforunately I doubt he gets much chance, IMO he will gets spot minutes all over the front court)
4/5 Massenburg

IR
Valter Monteiro (Training Camp Scrub most likely)
Romain Sato (We have to many guards already, unfortunate as it is I don't see him making the active roster)
Sean Marks (Could possibly replace Massenburg, deserves a chance)

I don't think this will be the "Final Roster" but it is where the Spurs are today. I agree with what you have, xcoriate with a few positional exceptions:

(Don't forget to give the starters other positions, once play has started and substitutions are made)
Parker 1/2
Ginobili 2/3
Bowen 3/2
Duncan 4/5
Nesterovic 5/4
--------------
Barry 2/1/3
Horry 4/3
Brown 2/3
Udrih 1/2
Johnson 3/2
Rose 4/5
Massenburg 4/5
----------------
Marks 5/4
Sato 2/3
Monteiro 2/1 (not sure about PG skills)

xcoriate
09-22-2004, 09:35 AM
Yeah I by no means intended it as the absolute "final roster" but what I believe our roster at this point would end up as at seasons beginning. Kinda forgot the starters alternate positions but everyone knows them anyway. Popvich might end up experimenting by putting Rose on the 3 also?