PDA

View Full Version : McDonald: Computer Geeks Hate The Spurs

duncan228
10-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Jeff McDonald: Computer geeks hate the Spurs (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/10/jeff_mcdonald_c_3.html)

For once, this has nothing to do with ESPN.com's John Hollinger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=SpursForecast0809#outlook).

EA Sports conducted its annual simulation of the NBA season, using its NBA Live video game. The virtual results are virtually not good for Spurs fans.

If life imitiates video game, your 2008-09 NBA champions will be ..... the Los Angeles Lakers.

This is the bad news. The good news is that the computer geeks have the Lakers beating the Miami Heat in the Finals. Yes, those Miami Heat. The guys who won all of 15 games last season and made coach Pat Riley look as if he'd rather be selling insurance in Kandahar.

So, we don't put too much stock in this particular computer-generated prediction.

In other news, EA Sports computer models have Ralph Nader winning the presidential election and William Hung being named the next American Idol.

polandprzem
10-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Jeez duncan228 - is it your priority to post here everything about the spurs that shown in the internets?

lefty
10-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Jeez duncan228 - is it your priority to post here everything about the spurs that shown in the internets?

You just noticed? :rollin

mabrignani
10-27-2008, 05:29 PM
its cuz they played live, its all about 2k

Cry Havoc
10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Jeff McDonald: Computer geeks hate the Spurs (http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/10/jeff_mcdonald_c_3.html)

For once, this has nothing to do with ESPN.com's John Hollinger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trainingcamp08/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=SpursForecast0809#outlook).

EA Sports conducted its annual simulation of the NBA season, using its NBA Live video game. The virtual results are virtually not good for Spurs fans.

If life imitiates video game, your 2008-09 NBA champions will be ..... the Los Angeles Lakers.

This is the bad news. The good news is that the computer geeks have the Lakers beating the Miami Heat in the Finals. Yes, those Miami Heat. The guys who won all of 15 games last season and made coach Pat Riley look as if he'd rather be selling insurance in Kandahar.

So, we don't put too much stock in this particular computer-generated prediction.

In other news, EA Sports computer models have Ralph Nader winning the presidential election and William Hung being named the next American Idol.

This is a perfect example of why NBA Live is a worthless piece of shit for a basketball game.

The Heat would be lucky to make the playoffs this year. And considering how awful the East is, that's saying a lot. Imagine if that "15 win" team would have played in the West all of last year.

polandprzem
10-27-2008, 05:40 PM
You just noticed? :rollin

No, but lately it's been duncan228 forum.

give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give him a spurs, give him a spurs, give her a spurs, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give him a spurs, give him a spurs, give her a spurs, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give him a spurs, give him a spurs, give her a spurs ...

tp2021
10-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Don't hate on duncan228.

Slydragon
10-27-2008, 06:25 PM
NBA live ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 2K baby

Slydragon
10-27-2008, 06:27 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA NBA LIVE Ha ha,

yes it's that funny

benefactor
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Wow, more important news reported by McDonald.

In other news, Anthony Tolliver's mother died the same day he made the team.

McDonald = EPIC FAIL.

Spurs Brazil
10-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow, more important news reported by McDonald.

In other news, Anthony Tolliver's mother died the same day he made the team.

McDonald = EPIC FAIL.

I still can't believe Express News didn't wrote a single line on this. PATHETIC

m33p0
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM

give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give him a spurs, give him a spurs, give her a spurs, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give him a spurs, give him a spurs, give her a spurs, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give her a spur, give him a spurs, give him a spurs, give her a spurs ...
jealousy, envy, covetousness, spite... you name, you got it.

ShoogarBear
10-27-2008, 08:20 PM
If SpursTalk ever goes down, I'm just gonna be texting duncan228 all day.

Kori Ellis
10-27-2008, 09:24 PM

We always post every Spurs blurb/article from the E-N in the forum. We have done it for 5 years. I'm not sure why people care WHO is posting it, but whatever.

Brutalis
10-27-2008, 09:28 PM
If I did not learn but one thing this summer, it's that poland is a douche puppet. I was going to put 'Spurs can't land their main guy' but that's more obvious every year.

EA Sports needs to just focus on Madden, and Rock Band / G.H. stuff.

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 04:29 AM
WTF is all your problems?

I admire duncan228 for what she is doing, and I'm getting hate from you?

I remember that duck had a spur for posting news in the NBA forum.
duncan 228 is doing that on daily basis.

If you consider me as a duchebag that's fine. But now you have absolutely no argument to do that in this thread.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2008, 04:42 AM
WTF is all your problems?

I admire duncan228 for what she is doing, and I'm getting hate from you?

I remember that duck had a spur for posting news in the NBA forum.
duncan 228 is doing that on daily basis.

If you consider me as a duchebag that's fine. But now you have absolutely no argument to do that in this thread.

Probably a language diff that's responsible for the communication problem. If you didn't mean your original post the way it sounded, for future reference, remember the smiley face is your friend. :)

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 04:50 AM
Probably a language diff that's responsible for the communication problem. If you didn't mean your original post the way it sounded, for future reference, remember the smiley face is your friend. :)

Part of it is launguage, but not much.

If I would put smiley face many in here probably would consider it as I'm provoking or speaking sarcasticly. So I don't know :)

2 things I hate here -
1. stubbornes and not wanting to compromise
2. Many not related with the spurs threads - but I'm used to it and I'm able to see the difference between threads in a way that I know which one to read and what posters to read.

Now I feel most hated in here in a history of ST
I know I'm hateable, but damn.

Cheers

Obstructed_View
10-28-2008, 04:57 AM
Meh, your post sounded like an attack, so if it wasn't language, then it was lazy. Don't be T Park, just apologize and move on. You should have put a smiley face in it or worded it better. Too many people interpreted it as negative to be a coincidence, so don't hold everyone else responsible for misreading a post you wrote. With all due respect, the one being stubborn here is you. There are few here more unlikable than I am, but I try to avoid the misunderstandings, and accept that they're going to happen from time to time.

SoCalSpursFan
10-28-2008, 04:59 AM
fwiw im majoring in computer science...and i love the spurs.

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 05:02 AM
Yea I was being called a duchebag for nothing so i need to apologize/

get real man :rolleyes

Now we can move forward :)

Ps. I've already explained that I was not offensive.

m33p0
10-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Now I feel most hated in here in a history of ST
I know I'm hateable, but damn.

Cheers
louis/princess/sports killer or whatever that bitch's name is is a pretty high mountain to climb.

Kobayagi
10-28-2008, 06:44 AM
I thought the topic title said "computer Greeks" and that it was about KBP. :(

polandprzem
10-28-2008, 06:47 AM
louis/princess/sports killer or whatever that bitch's name is is a pretty high mountain to climb.

:D

I was more talking about myself having the worst times here :)

Obstructed_View
10-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Yea I was being called a duchebag for nothing so i need to apologize/

get real man :rolleyes

Now we can move forward :)

Ps. I've already explained that I was not offensive.

No, you're a fucking stupid-ass. You got called a douchebag because you made a post that was interpreted by everyone that read it as being antagonistic toward someone who's known on this board as being nothing but polite and pleasant to other people, and who works her ass off to supply information to the readers on this board. You're even more of a douchebag for getting pissy and crying about how everyone hates you for no reason, while insisting you did nothing wrong, and saying stupid shit like "get real" when I tried as nicely as I could to tell you what you did wrong.

Dumb fuck. You deserve what you get.

Strange Botwin
10-28-2008, 03:34 PM
But D&D geeks LOVE the Spurs!

lazyjoe
11-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I prefer to waste my time and play FreeOnlineGames (http://www.playedonline.com/) than to see what EA sports simulation say.