PDA

View Full Version : nba rankings

mabrignani
10-27-2008, 05:20 PM
so i was on nba.com and saw the new rankings for the season and see that the spurs are down to #7. Supposedly adding posey to the ho-nets is enough of an addition to get them 4 spots above the spurs even tho we beat them in the playoffs. atleast they recognize that its an odd year this year

Anti.Hero
10-27-2008, 05:22 PM
The Hornets took it to game 7 with a noob team. Now they have Posey?

Why wouldn't that propel them above us imo. Especially considering we lost 1 of 3 guys who could run our offense.

mabrignani
10-27-2008, 05:24 PM
i dont see how with posey they could beat us. mason is a better addition then posey

temujin
10-27-2008, 06:33 PM
Burning questions.

Allanon
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I believe those are regular season rankings and I don't think the regular season outlook on the Spurs is good.

And with Manu out for 1.5 months (not 2 months as somebody corrected me) I would also rank the Spurs in 6-8 seeds for the regular season.

That's the bad news. The good news is that the Spurs are always better in the Playoffs and can win from any seed. Add to that, the #2-8 spots will only be worth 7 wins or so. We're looking at another very tight conference this year again.

byrdman31
10-27-2008, 09:39 PM
oh were ranked 7th? wooooo championship :lobt2:

dirk4mvp
10-27-2008, 09:41 PM
i dont see how with posey they could beat us. mason is a better addition then posey

LOL

underdawg
10-27-2008, 10:06 PM
LOL

While I'll easily admit that Mason's nowhere close to Posey in past performances and talent, I think a lot of people are going to be surprised this year. Mason could be the kind of player that blossoms in a good system around good players. I don't know if it's a sign of things to come, but he looked pretty damn impressive at the end of the Heat pre-season game. He looked a lot more controlled in his effort to get to the rim - much more than any of the "scorers" that the Spurs have brought in recently.

Obstructed_View
10-27-2008, 10:39 PM
The Spurs lost two games with Duncan a shell of himself and then beat the Hornets 4 out of 5. I don't really care how they are ranked, or how good people think the Hornets are. In fact, I'd rather the Hornets think the Spurs are just a game seven better than they are.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2008, 12:57 AM
While I'll easily admit that Mason's nowhere close to Posey in past performances and talent, I think a lot of people are going to be surprised this year. Mason could be the kind of player that blossoms in a good system around good players. I don't know if it's a sign of things to come, but he looked pretty damn impressive at the end of the Heat pre-season game. He looked a lot more controlled in his effort to get to the rim - much more than any of the "scorers" that the Spurs have brought in recently.

A team can have all the star players it wants, but a team needs a guy like Posey to win a title. I'm not exactly sure if the Celtics win last year if they didn't have Posey playing such a huge role.

xellos88330
10-28-2008, 10:06 AM
I actually think that the reason why the Spurs go far is because of Pop. It doesn't matter which seed you are because the Spurs get "intensive road game training" through the rodeo road trip. I think Pop is one of the best that I have seen in making the correct adjustment to beat teams. Sometimes it does take a bit longer than I would like (I believe the Spurs should sweep EVERY series. :toast ), but he gets the job done from his part. I think that Pop is also an excellent teacher for the new younger guys. Just look what he did with Manu and Tony.

gingerwave
10-28-2008, 10:07 AM
oh were ranked 7th? wooooo championship

That is funny

Tyger Neo
10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Why can't we ever win back to back?

hater
10-29-2008, 03:40 PM
please tell me you don't take rankings seriously