PDA

View Full Version : nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey

Brutalis
10-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Beating Auburn in their house was important for a couple reasons. They had some big name Arkansas recruits playing that Nutt couldn't sign, and it was the first big conference road game for these young guys and Petrino's first. He ended up out-coaching the entire Auburn staff with those young guys trying to over-achieve with some solid football players mixed in. Good win that deflated Auburn and ruined their season. Tommy is in trouble again over there because of us. (again again)

Letting Kentucky score two touchdowns in the fourth and come back to win was one of those games when you know your team is young and in transition and just accept because it will happen. The part that stung was it being another road game. We could have won it if those freshman could have kept composure and learned how to win against a desperate team trying to come back. Sucks to lose but this game was bound to happen anyways.

Losing to the ole ball roach sucks of course. I was able to catch the game at Razorbacks Pizza and it was really tough to have a good night over the end call of the game.

The build up all week of Houston coming to town was actually not as hyped as most would think looking ahead to it. Going up early then not answering 17 points to force a come back at the end of the game was very ignorant. Michael Smith was running wherever at will and the "Wild Hog" was not working against where it was created at all so it was abandoned by Nutt.

Being down 20-7 in the fourth typically this season it was not a surprise if Arkansas folded or just went away. Instead they drove 91 yards on 8 plays. Next time with the ball we throw a pick, then hold them to the FG making it 23-14. At that moment about 5 people left the crowd of about 50 or so having given up.

Who could blame them? It was around half way to go in the 4th and not looking good at all as this team hasn't showed game time come backs or heroics all year long. Beating Auburn sure wasn't, running up 450 yards to their 190 for the game. So wouldn't you know we would get the ball after the kickoff and score once again to make everyone nervous.

Well down 21-23 with about 3 minutes to play calls for an onside kick. God knows the way we play defense this year we won't get the ball back. So an onside kick was selected from the menu, only for us to recover then it be called out-of-bounds. When actually it was not, and after a break in action the booth had it reviewed and reversed the call back to Arkansas to set up a 1st and 10 on our own 45.

Well then the madness ensues. On 2nd down, the 6-4 210 Greg Childs goes up and brings down a 30 yard pass from 40 yards away to set up the game winning FG. But wait, the line judge throws a flag 20 yards away with a bad angle and says no! That was pass interference on the offense! At this moment the broadcast on ESPN 360 became confused, not to mention RR Stadium and all of us holding our beers in the place. Amongst the 15 seconds of complete silence I hear the TV asking why didn't the field judge throw the flag then and why did they have to discuss it briefly? Never the less, the referee took control of the game and with under a minute to play Arkansas just turned it over on downs trying to make up 30 something yards for the first.

Usually we get the same routine about the refs controlling the end of the game, but what is sad is there was actually not penalty on the play and the correct judge knew this. Then just for kicks you throw in what team this just happened against and who is coaching them and it becomes unbelievable.

That coach also waited in the tunnel for 3 minutes with his team and ran through the Razorbacks band on the field at the same time as the Hogs. Maybe he forgot what team he was coaching? It was by far the funniest most hilarious retardation I have ever witnessed. That move right that defined who is Houston Nutt and what is Houston Nutt. Classic.

So yeah it burns, but I'm over it. The way Bobby brought that team back that was left in scraps was great. We should have won and a moral victory is alright when you concede how the game ended. His play calling was so great at the end of the game and I cannot wait until his own recruits are able to carry out his full playbook.

I'm alive, I work a lot now and do other stuff and am rarely online anymore. What insults do you guys have for me this time?

:toast

The Reckoning
10-28-2008, 12:02 AM
i saw kody burns play at northside. he was really good...until he went to college.
arkansas gets all of its recruits from texas.