PDA

View Full Version : Predicament

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Ok here is the situation. I have been at my current job for about 6 months now. I like it and it’s ok but it is a little boring. The job I transferred from was somewhat stressful but never really boring. I left because there was someone there that I truly hated and could not stand but didn’t not have enough pull to get rid of him the way I was able to get rid of others because he was a really good ass kisser. Well I came over here for a tad more money but thought I was going to be able to get OT like they said I would. So far maybe a couple of hours of OT a paycheck and nothing to get excited about. At my old job I can make anywhere between 300 and 500 off of OT. Well they are asking me if I want to come back because well I am badass and they are short handed.
The people here are very nice and awesome to work for but right about now I could use that extra 500 a month. It is within the same “bank” so I would not lose any benefits and I could potentially make a little more money since they are in a tight spot and would really like to have me back.
When I was in past relationships the way I broke up with girls was just by not answering calls and not talking to them since I am horrible at that kind of stuff. Well that carries over in the workplace since these people have been really cool and good to me but I can screw my old workplace out of some moolah. How would you go about telling them thanks but I think I can make more money where I was?

BacktoBasics
10-28-2008, 11:45 AM
I would say this:

"thanks but I think I can make more money where I was"

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I would say this:

:lol That is a good idea

mrsmaalox
10-28-2008, 11:50 AM
I would say this:

:tu

BacktoBasics
10-28-2008, 11:51 AM
In all seriousness its a pretty passive way to end things nicely and still leave the door open for a return.

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 11:57 AM
I just feel bad because this is actually a kick ass place. The bosses are great and I get to play on the internet all day but it gets pretty boring sometimes.
Plus there is all this stuff on how important my job is now and how so far I have been the one person that has paid attention to detail and the customers love me. I have gotten about 8 awards in the 6 months that I have been here and some of the other people have like 10 or 15 in the years that they have been here.

BacktoBasics
10-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Never underestimate the value of having a job that allows you to fuck off on the internet.

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Never underestimate the value of having a job that allows you to fuck off on the internet.

EGG ZACTLY.

BacktoBasics
10-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Before the economy crashed and my job got as bad as it has my dollar amount for fucking off was 10k.

If I could take a job with better pay but no internet usage and the ability to fuck off that job would have to pay 10k or more than I'm currently making or it wasn't worth it.

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 12:44 PM
See here is the potential though. Lets say right now it's 500 a month. I might be able to swing a raise and with the acquisition of Wachovia this particular branch is going to HAVE to get bigger. That means the need for more management positions and I was told before that when one came up I would be the frontrunner.

Dex
10-28-2008, 12:45 PM

+1

ORION
10-28-2008, 12:51 PM
don't burn your bridges but fuck it make both departments fight to the death for your services. I didn't know Church's chicken had more than one department though

ORION
10-28-2008, 12:52 PM
oh and never bank on OT because thats one of the first things to get cut

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 02:25 PM
oh and never bank on OT because thats one of the first things to get cut

First off Church's has way more than one department. There is at least two.

I can actually bank on that OT because of the type of job it is and the position that I would have. It is even in the job description.

to21
10-28-2008, 02:34 PM
I used to get a lot of overtime in my last job. I added into my pay negotiation when I got offered this job three years ago.

IDK if that was something you could have done this time.

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I used to get a lot of overtime in my last job. I added into my pay negotiation when I got offered this job three years ago.

IDK if that was something you could have done this time.

When I took this one it wasn't that big of a deal but things came up as they always do in life and I like to have the extras like picking up Spurs tix and going to the movies and buying stupid stuff that is a waste of money. With this job I have to act like an adult and a boring one at that.

One cool thing is I get to wear shorts and t-shirts at both places.

to21
10-28-2008, 02:51 PM
With this job I have to act like an adult and a boring one at that.:lol this happen to me too.

I still have lunch with the old crew and they poke fun about how I worked with a lot of stuck up Sys Admins. I get to show them my pay stub at the end of the month to laugh at them though.

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Thing is no matter what I do I still like makingout with guys more than my old crew.

/fixed for Marini

ORION
10-28-2008, 05:11 PM

I can actually bank on that OT because of the type of job it is and the position that I would have. It is even in the job description.

:lol Gotta Love it !

marini martini
10-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Thing is no matter what I do, I still like making out more with the guys at my old crew.

Dayum!:lmao

I. Hustle
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Dayum! I wish I had something electronic to stick into my vahoohoo:lmao

WAY to much info but I like your style

easjer
10-28-2008, 08:58 PM
I think Back2Basics covered it, but if you are really that terrific and valued, there is always the chance they will create more overtime or consider you for a raise in order to keep you around.

That's never a bad thing. It's amazing what sort of money can open up when a really valuable person is about to walk for no reason other than cash on the table.

ShoogarBear
10-28-2008, 09:05 PM

Regular, and Extra Spicy.

marini martini
10-28-2008, 09:16 PM
if you are really that terrific and valued,

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Yep a legend in his own mind!!!:toast

tlongII
10-29-2008, 12:44 AM
moonlight

RandomGuy
10-29-2008, 09:15 AM
I would say this:

:tu

I would phrase it a bit more diplomatically:

"I appreciate your offer and am truly tempted, but the compensation package where I am at now is at the point where I am not willing to leave."

If you tell them money is why you are staying, then they might raise their offer...

Kind of a win/win. If you stay you win, and they might offer you enough money for it to be worth your while to move, another win.

RandomGuy
10-29-2008, 09:19 AM
See here is the potential though. Lets say right now it's 500 a month. I might be able to swing a raise and with the acquisition of Wachovia this particular branch is going to HAVE to get bigger. That means the need for more management positions and I was told before that when one came up I would be the frontrunner.

Definitely stay then. Getting up the ladder is worth giving up a little money in the short run, because it raises your long term earnings potential.

I. Hustle
10-29-2008, 11:04 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I want to taste his manhood!!!:toast

EXCUSE ME?! I will have you know that I am happily married!