PDA

View Full Version : Monta Ellis Plans To File Appeal

Spurs Brazil
10-28-2008, 02:34 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55117/20081028/monta_ellis_plans_to_file_appeal/

Monta Ellis Plans To File Appeal

Oct 28, 2008 10:10 AM EST
Monta Ellis spoke out for the first time on Monday since the Warriors suspended him thirty games for injuring his ankle in a moped accident.

"While management and I do not agree on their actions, I want to be clear that my injury is based on my mistake in judgment," Ellis said in a statement released by his agent, Jeff Fried. "And I always accept responsibility for my actions."

Ellis won't accept the fact that his punishment is being left open-ended. He will file a grievance next week addressing the Golden State's ability to punish him twice for the same offense.

Team president Robert Rowell left room for more penalties after the suspension - such as the termination of Ellis' contract - should he not regain his previous form after rehab.

"I am working very hard to get back on the court and help my teammates and coaches win many games and recreate the playoff atmosphere of 2007," Ellis said in his statement. "We were as excited on the court as the fans in the stands, and I will continue to work hard to make you proud of the Warriors."

Via San Francisco Chronicle