PDA

View Full Version : cottrell out, Rivera in.

TheSanityAnnex
10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Bout fucking time. Offense is clicking, defense just needs to play mediocre. Chargers now make their run.

FlavoredIcecream
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
lol, chargers

vander
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
hallelujah!!!

SB here we come

jack sommerset
10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
to late. will miss playoffs. turner should be fired once again.

kskonn
10-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't know if it is to late for the chargers, the AFC is still pretty bogged down, any team can get on a hot streak and grab the WC.

mytespurs
10-29-2008, 11:40 AM
to late. will miss playoffs. turner should be fired once again.

Not necessarily. The Chargers are the best team in a weak division though they're two games out of first place. I think they win this division-all they need to do is play better defense. The offense is just about there; LT is getting better so it's just a matter of coming together. The Chargers aren't out of the race by a long shot imho!

TheSanityAnnex
10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
the chargers defense has been spotting teams at least 7 points a game, I believe the most they've lost by is ten. The offense is one of the highest scoring in the league. I wouldn't be surprised to see them run the table much like last year.

johnsmith
10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
The Chargers will still win the division. My Broncos do this to me every year, they are a below average team that starts hot because they play at home 3 out 4 to start and then they decline as the season goes.

I hope I'm wrong, but San Diego is still the best team in this division...........for now.

Then again, with Norv Turner at the helm, they have absolutely zero shot at winning anything besides the division.

mytespurs
10-30-2008, 11:07 AM
The Chargers will still win the division. My Broncos do this to me every year, they are a below average team that starts hot because they play at home 3 out 4 to start and then they decline as the season goes.

I hope I'm wrong, but San Diego is still the best team in this division...........for now.

Then again, with Norv Turner at the helm, they have absolutely zero shot at winning anything besides the division.

To me, Norv is "X" factor in this equation. However, they did get to the championship last year...better than they've done with Marty with the better record a couple of years ago.

Fabbs
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM
^^ Anyone could have done better then Playoff Marty.

Singletary should have been named head coach after the Marty firing with Rivera becoming the D Coordinator.

Sproiles got one carry last week. Brilliant Norvron.
LT has yet to even attempt a pass even tho with Cam Camerons record setting O it worked almost every time.

TheSanityAnnex
10-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Sproiles got one carry last week. Brilliant Norvron.

Norvon's offense put up 30 points last week and LT had 170 total yards, why was Sproles needed?. Norvron also has this team leading the NFL in points scored.

Fabbs
10-31-2008, 01:23 AM
Norvon's offense put up 30 points last week and LT had 170 total yards, why was Sproles needed?. Norvron also has this team leading the NFL in points scored.
a. Because New Orleans scored 37. Plus New Orleans defense is mega pourous.
b. Cam Cameron set the all time scoring record with basically the same group of players.

Are you going to quote the games LT had 16 carries for 42 yards or just cherry pick?

TheSanityAnnex
10-31-2008, 01:34 AM
a. Because New Orleans scored 37. Plus New Orleans defense is mega pourous.
b. Cam Cameron set the all time scoring record with basically the same group of players.

Are you going to quote the games LT had 16 carries for 42 yards or just cherry pick?Actually, it was 14 carries for 41 yards. Doesn't seem like his injury is lingering anymore so I'll just keep looking at his production from here on out.

I'm not so sure why you are so down on Norv. The offense is putting up points, a lot of them. Cottrell, who's defenses have never cracked the top 20, was fired.

And how far did Cam Cameron's record setting offense take us in the playoffs? Pssst............Cam was running Norv's offense.

Fabbs
11-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Actually, it was 14 carries for 41 yards. Doesn't seem like his injury is lingering anymore so I'll just keep looking at his production from here on out.
:lol Again, nice cherry picking of stats. Guess all the times LT got stuffed at the line in the 1st 8 games don't matter because he'll pick up his production from here on out. So the 3-5 record doesn't count. Nice.

I'm not so sure why you are so down on Norv. The offense is putting up points, a lot of them. Cottrell, who's defenses have never cracked the top 20, was fired.

If only the NFL would allow a team to save points from a previous game and use them when we need them, like say against Buffalo or Miami. Not a lot of points scored by Norvos offense. See Norvo waits until the Bolts are behind to open up the pass, especially on 1st down. Plus he tips his hand as to pass or run as opposed to play action. 3rd n 2? Lets line up in the shotgun. And of course lets hand the ball to LT on 1st down, because LT getting his touches and stats are more important then Bolt team wins. Glad we've got that established.

And how far did Cam Cameron's record setting offense take us in the playoffs? To the AFC Championship game. Oh wait, Marty overides Cam and elects to go for it on 4th and 9 from chip shot field goal range. Or Parker has yet another fumble on special teams (I would not even have played him and called it 4 games into the season.) Then there is Florence with his INT and glory hog fumble. Yeah, Cams offense should have held onto Florences fumble. Brilliant.

Pssst............Cam was running Norv's offense.
Pssst. We havent seen LT pass once under Norvron. Hardly any 4 wideout sets. Cameron also mixed up pass n run on 1st down. Cam wasnt running Norvrons offense. Either that or Norvron is not running Norvrons offense.