PDA

View Full Version : WHen does Brown get his turn.

T Park
02-16-2005, 09:54 PM
In the dog house.

Tonight hes made turnovers, missed layups AGAIN.

Give me a break.

Lets get some freakin time to others if hes gonna be a reincarnated NBDL player again.

foodie2
02-16-2005, 10:07 PM
He has totally sucked ass for a long time now.

td4mvp21
02-16-2005, 10:11 PM
umm he is one of our better reserves. he has an off night every once in a while. give him a break. my gosh.

T Park
02-16-2005, 10:12 PM
Exactly.

When does Barry get his minutes, and what the hell, give those minutes to, I dont know.

Fuck it, run Udrih and Parker out there with Ginobili at the 3.

Brown stinks right now, out and out stinks.

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 10:16 PM
Is every Spur player expected to play flawless every game?
Devin is a hard working Spur who has earned his minutes and I don't fault him at all. His effort is unquestionable.

ducks
02-16-2005, 10:17 PM
he is still producing better then barry

picnroll
02-16-2005, 10:18 PM
They both are sucking.

foodie2
02-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Malik and Rasho take so much heat from people in here, but Devin Brown can do no wrong? He started out the season well but has been in freefall for months. He makes bad decisions, fumbles the ball, and his shot isn't falling. I would expect him to be just as accountable for these things as anyone else on the team.

whottt
02-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Devin Brown has been playing a lot worse than Barry for a long time...This team suffers when Brown gets a lot of minutes off the bench...

At least when Barry isn't scoring from 3 he still gives you flawless ball handling and a great offensive mind, not to mention he is good at finishing around the basket.

When Devin is not scoring you get an assload of turnovers and ill timed plays. Even if Devin is scoring you still get an assload of turnovers and ill times plays.

There's a reason Devin is like last on the team in +/- and there's a reason we lose when he gets a lot of minutes.

But I have given up...I guess it's better to lose a certain way than to win another...

Devin gives you all the negative aspects of Malik Rose without any of the positives.

It'd be one thing if he was getting enough minutes to not suck...but he's obviously not getting enough off the bench...so then why hurt the team by fucking around with him?

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 10:32 PM
I'll admit Devin makes mistakes but Pop plays him for a reason.
I'm not saying he can do no wrong but I wouldnt' bench him either.

whottt
02-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Pop also wanted to sign Jason Kidd to a multiy year max deal even if it cost us Parker and Manu...it's not like he doesn't make dumbass mistakes....

He's the one that signed Malik and Rasho to untradable contracts...he's not flawless, so just saying well Pop must play him for a reason isn't good enough for me...

Pop traded Steve Kerr away for Steve Smith remember?

ducks
02-16-2005, 10:36 PM
you play him before the allstar break to see if you bring back next year

whottt
02-16-2005, 10:37 PM
And I think the reason Pop plays Devin is because Devin has talent if he can ever stop making dumbass mistakes...but I don't think Devin is getting enough PT to stop making them...it's too late now.

whottt
02-16-2005, 10:37 PM
you play him before the allstar break to see if you bring back next year

Why, so it will cost us even more money to resign him? Fuck that.

Mark in Austin
02-16-2005, 10:38 PM
The difference between Barry/Brown/Rasho and Rose is simple:

If you fuck up within the boundaries of your defined role on the court, you still get minutes (somewhat reduced) as long as the effort is there. (See Rasho, Devin)

If, on the other hand, you fuck up attempting to do stuff outside of your defined role on the court, you get banished to the end of the bench for several games at a time.

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Great hustle Devin!

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 10:41 PM
And I wasn't saying that Pop is flawless either.
But I get it. Devin is lucky to be playing in the NBA but I give him props considering the depth of the talent on the Spurs roster.

Mark in Austin
02-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Its not like he was just some local kid who got a break.

He paid his dues. And when, in the same season, you are both the rookie of the year and MVP of the NBDL, the odds are pretty good that you'll get picked up by a NBA team. Brown had other offers, but he wanted to play for San Antonio.

whottt
02-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Devin's got talent but right now he makes too many mistakes to justify his PT and the negatives outweigh the positives...I've got no problem with him getting PT to get better...I just don't like him getting it in close games.

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Good point and I see where you are coming from. Maybe Pop should be playing him now.

T Park
02-16-2005, 10:59 PM
agree 100% with Whottt's last post.

picnroll
02-16-2005, 11:03 PM
In the race to see who screws up more tonight Brown is not screwing up as badly as Barry.

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 11:03 PM
Okay, I digress.

GoSpurs21
02-16-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm just glad the Spurs dont have Whott at the coaching position.

I would rather have Devin make mistakes in the regular season games that are not close, like tonight, than in close games in the playoffs. Maybe Pop is playing Devin (over Barry) cause Devin showed tremendous heart in the playoffs last year and Pop wants Devin to get game experience so that he is ready for this years playoffs.

I think most are overreacting to Devin's game, especially tonight. If you want Barry to get more minutes than Devin, you need to go help Barry work on his D. Pop will always play the player that is willing to work hard on D, and will live with mistakes on O.

By-the-way when is 10 pts (on 4-9) with 7 rebounds (2 offensive) in 22 minutes a bad thing?

SequSpur
02-17-2005, 12:35 AM
barry sucks, devin makes what he is worth. malik played great against another shitty team that won't be in the playoffs...................

what happened against miami?

GoSpurs21
02-17-2005, 01:27 AM
what happened against miami?Spurs lost with Tim playing like he had a bum leg, get over it.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-17-2005, 02:24 AM
give me a break people, Devin Brown brings 100% every night, He's missing layups? at least he's taking it to the hole trying to make something happen.

210born
02-17-2005, 10:18 AM
This is exactly why I hate Spurs fans, bench a guy who produces??? That's the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a while. Were you downing Tim when he was playin like sh!t, no, damn stick behind your team. Devin doesnt get 1/4 of the contract barry gets, but produces equally if not more. No disrespect intended it just kills me when i see post like this.

BigVee
02-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Brown misses fewer lay-ups than Bowen. And, the only lock down defender I saw last night was Tony Parker.

bigzak25
02-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Devin Brown says, "you guys can kiss my ass"

still got his jersey Park???

wildbill2u
02-17-2005, 03:54 PM
And I think the reason Pop plays Devin is because Devin has talent if he can ever stop making dumbass mistakes...but I don't think Devin is getting enough PT to stop making them...it's too late now.

Devin isn't playing up to what I expected after last year in the playoffs. Maybe he's hit the sophomore jinx. But realistically, Pop mostly plays him in a game that's already won or lost. I think he still brings a lot of energy to the floor, but that isn't enough to overcome his errors or limitation.

I hope he plays his way back into some good contributing minutes but I don' t think he's really hurting us by playing in garbage time.

T Park
02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
still got his jersey Park???

got everyones except Wilks Marks Massenburg.

That still doesnt excuse Brown from his poor play lately.

Brent Barry either.

He comes back at the end of the game with some garbage buckets so now hes "OK"

Where was he against Miami?

BTW Sequ,

Malik was told he could't play cause of a neck strain.

You get one of them numbuts, well see if you can even turn your freakin head, let alone guard Shaq and play NBA basketball.

T Park
02-17-2005, 04:19 PM
This is exactly why I hate Spurs fans

Blow me. I brought a legit arguement. Devin Brown has not been playing Spurs basketball lately, and he gets MORE minutes???

Of course as I say that, brent Barry has been playing like dogshit as well.

But coming from someone whos team is 15 and 39. id settle the hell down.

Rummpd
02-17-2005, 04:22 PM
Brown last night made some great plays, he had his negative moments but look at his boards, hustle and defense before always focusing on his scoring. His scoring might be somewhat off right now but he is a natural scorer and is feerlesss. Will be missed if he leaves Spurs.

T Park
02-17-2005, 04:26 PM
If he is feerless why the hesitation against Miami on the offensive end.

IMO he needs to bring it hard, offsetting barry's pussyfooting around the arc with the constant passing of open shots and stupid behind the head passes.

td4mvp21
02-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Well since Rasho's so flawless, we better play him alot more, you know.

Barry and Brown both do alot of good. What about that Phoenix game? Barry hit THREE clutch threes. No one complained about him then. Brown had some jumpers, layups, assists, and steals. No one complained about him then either. Both are shooting very well from the field. They both bring good energy. Quit dissing them.

As for Rasho, he messes up on offense sometimes, but his defense helps us out so much most of the time. We all saw it when he got injured. That other defensive threat down low wasnt there. You can't doghouse someone for a couple of off nights. As a whole, they each help us out in a lot of ways.

T Park
02-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Well since Rasho's so flawless, we better play him alot more, you know.

Last I checked, this was a Devin Brown thread jabroni.

Nothin about Rasho Nesterovic here.

You can't doghouse someone for a couple of off nights

except for Devin's bad play for the past 2 or 3 weeks, Id agree.

Let Barry play out of his funk, instead of giving Brad Miller's smaller brother from another mother more time.

td4mvp21
02-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I brought up the rasho thing because you seem to think hes perfect. lol.

Devin may be playing bad for the last couple of weeks, as with Barry, but they have helped us alot over the season. Tim's in a slump and I don't here you saying put him in the doghouse. Or have you?

T Park
02-17-2005, 06:03 PM
[/QUOTE]I brought up the rasho thing because you seem to think hes perfect

[QUOTE]

Uh, show me where I said he was perfect.

Ive maintained the opinion on rasho I will opine for the 500 billionth time.

He wasnt the best center available in 03.

He was the best what was LEFT.

Miller?? Missed oppurtunity, hindsight 20 20 spurs prob sign him.

O'neal, had he known Thomas was gonna get fired, hed be wearing silver and black. He said it himself.

Other than that, it was either Rasho or Olowakandi.

Rasho > Olowakandi.

I also have said, hes not as bad as everyone makes him out to be, his bad offense comes from bad offensive sets.

No consistent plays run for players no nothing.

But I do LOVE that he has shot 12 and 10 shots in teh last two games.

If he can keep doing that, hell average 12 or 10 a game the rest of the way.

THERE.

T Park
02-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Tim's in a slump and I don't here you saying put him in the doghouse

No Tim is injured.

hes got 3 injuries hurting him at the same time.

Knee, hip, ankle.

Hes not slumping, hes hurting. That simple.

No, you dont "doghouse" the freakin franchise either genius.

spurster
02-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Does everybody just look at offense? Barry was piling up PFs last night on defense, while Devin kept his man in check. And Devin did contribute on offense some, had some points in addition to his TOs and missed layups.

Kori Ellis
02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Devin had 10 points (on 4-of-9 shooting), SEVEN rebounds and 3 turnovers in 22 minutes, while playing solid defense. I know that he hasn't played well lately, but last night's game isn't a game to complain about.

SequSpur
02-17-2005, 07:22 PM
tpark, you mention my name one more time and I am going to hunt you down.