PDA

View Full Version : Report: Harrington Asks For Trade

Spurs Brazil
10-28-2008, 05:26 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55128/20081028/report_harrington_asks_for_trade/

Report: Harrington Asks For Trade

Oct 28, 2008 5:11 PM EST
Two NBA sources claim that Al Harrington has asked the Warriors to trade him because he doesn't want to play for coach Don Nelson anymore.

He reportedly wants to be traded as soon as possible, but will not walk out on Golden State, who opens their season on Wednesday night.

One source with knowledge of the situation said that Harrington’s agent, Dan Fegan, is "actively working to get (Harrington) out of there" and that a few teams already have proposed tentative deals.

xtremesteven33
10-28-2008, 05:41 PM
$9 million dollar contract....hmmmm....

pauls931
10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
They should just shut down GS. Talk about going in the chitter fast! They would have been a playoff team last year if not for the Jackson suspension from the prior playoffs. Now they'll be fighting the clippers for last place. (ironic)

Mr.Bottomtooth
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Bam

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1996~2805~874~308&teams=9~9~9~24&te=&cash=

JamStone
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Anthony Randolph might already better than Al Harrington. Harrington has actually regressed the last couple seasons, in my opinion. He never really improved on his potential, still only an average defender, and now primarily shoots fast break three pointers. If they can get a quality guard for Harrington, the Warriors would be better for it.

pauls931
10-28-2008, 05:49 PM
3 crappy players for one good player. I guess if only money was a factor, it might work.

xtremesteven33
10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
I can see Orlando making a run at him and eventually getting him.

tp2021
10-28-2008, 05:58 PM
Bam

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1996~2805~874~308&teams=9~9~9~24&te=&cash=

+1

If only...

bdictjames
10-28-2008, 06:27 PM
They went downhill once they let go of J-Rich.

baseline bum
10-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Harrington sucks. No thanks.

angelbelow
10-28-2008, 06:54 PM
interesting.

DPG21920
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Not Going To Happen!!!!!! Move Along

angelbelow
10-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Anthony Randolph might already better than Al Harrington. Harrington has actually regressed the last couple seasons, in my opinion. He never really improved on his potential, still only an average defender, and now primarily shoots fast break three pointers. If they can get a quality guard for Harrington, the Warriors would be better for it.

i heard he trained harder this summer then ever. really worked on his post game too. we'll see if it pays off but you are right, hes regressed A LOT.

dirk4mvp
10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
He might be kind of good. After all, he was the Warriors starting C in the playoffs against the Mavs, scaring Avery shitless into starting George at C to match up with him.

tlongII
10-28-2008, 07:13 PM

You usually make intelligent posts, but this is just stupid.

timvp
10-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Harrington has turned into a mix of Antoine Walker and Chris Webber post-microfracture.

manufor3
10-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Bam

yes please

xtremesteven33
10-28-2008, 08:02 PM
as sad as this may sound....i wouldnt trade Oberto for Harrington...ever

jack sommerset
10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Not Going To Happen!!!!!! Move Along

no shit. if the spews were smart they would offer up mangoo for harrington.

mountainballer
10-29-2008, 03:51 AM
jesus, Harrington does have some skills, but I can't think of many players, who would be a worse fit with the Spurs than him.
first off, he was a cancer for the Warriors, because he wasn't able to accept the role of the 4th option. what role would he play at the Spurs?
he's a selfish player, the Spurs offense live from the highly unselfish play of all players.
he's a not very efficient scorer, Spurs offense lives from efficiency.
he's a below average defender, who fouls at a ridiculous high rate. he's a below average rebounder. he will block a shot every 5 games. with a player like him the Spurs would maybe rise the scoring average for about 2 points, but they would give up 4 points on the other end. not a good deal. especially not for 10 million per year.

before I trade for Harrington I would rather trade for Tim Thomas. not that I ever would want Tim Thomas for the Spurs.
just to display how much of a bad fit Harrington would be.

angelbelow
10-29-2008, 04:00 AM
hes like tolliver. a big guy who shoots he wouldnt be that bad of a fit.

Allanon
10-29-2008, 04:18 AM
I wonder if his attitude is the reason why he's been jettisoned from the Pacers, Hawks, Pacers again and now demanding out of the Warriors.

I remember he used to be pretty good so I don't think talent is the problem unless he's really degraded that bad.

mountainballer
10-29-2008, 08:15 AM
I wonder if his attitude is the reason why he's been jettisoned from the Pacers, Hawks, Pacers again and now demanding out of the Warriors.

I remember he used to be pretty good so I don't think talent is the problem unless he's really degraded that bad.

he used to play better (especially more intensity on defense). he's talented, but the problem is, he's another player, who thinks he's even better. and this hurts his team, whatever team he's just playing for.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Mike Singletary doesn't like Harrington.

DDS4
10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
*cough* Barbosa + scrub *cough*

Spurs Brazil
10-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Harrington: 'I've Been Wanting Trade Since Last Season'
Oct 29, 2008 4:17 PM EST
Warriors' forward Al Harrington confirmed on Tuesday night that he would like to be traded and admitted that his desire to leave Golden State began last season.

"If you ask me if I want to be traded, I've been wanting to be traded since the end of last season," Harrington said. "With everything that happened in the summer and coming into training camp, I was hoping things were going to work out between me and [coach] Nellie, but I don't think that's going to happen.

"It is what it is. That's being all the way honest. That's putting it out there. Do I think that Al might have to be traded? Do I think it's going to work with me and Nellie? I don't think so. That's how I feel."

Harrington also explained that he didn't want to be a distraction to the team, but news of Coach Don Nelson's contract extension has him doubting that the two can make it work.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55145/20081029/harrington_ive_been_wanting_trade_since_last_seaso n/

JamStone
10-29-2008, 05:16 PM
You usually make intelligent posts, but this is just stupid.

You usually don't make intelligent posts. This post changes nothing.

Spurs Brazil
10-30-2008, 03:06 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/55162/20081030/curry_for_harrington/

Curry For Harrington?

Oct 30, 2008 1:00 PM EST
In a potential swap of players who do not figure in their current teams' plans, the Knicks and Warriors have reportedly had discussions about a trade involving Eddy Curry and Al Harrington.

The Warriors are more interested in a package including David Lee.

The better offers for Harrington are coming from Western Conference clubs, but the Warriors would prefer to ship Harrington to the Eastern Conference.

Reggie Miller
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM

Harrington also has a history of wanting to be traded when things aren't breaking his way. Remember, he begged Indianapolis to trade him to Atlanta in order to start.

sribb43
10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Harrington also has a history of wanting to be traded when things aren't breaking his way. Remember, he begged Indianapolis to trade him to Atlanta in order to start.

that was a mess....i remember that dragging out for most of the offseason until finally being completed

Reggie Miller
10-30-2008, 03:11 PM
he used to play better (especially more intensity on defense). he's talented, but the problem is, he's another player, who thinks he's even better. and this hurts his team, whatever team he's just playing for.

Yep. He peaked during his first tour of duty with the Pacers. He has lost about 80% of his defensive intensity since then.

Reggie Miller
10-30-2008, 03:13 PM
that was a mess....i remember that dragging out for most of the offseason until finally being completed

And yet another bad trade for Indianapolis, even though Harrington needed to be shipped out at that point.

Spur-Addict
11-10-2008, 03:32 AM
Does anyone know why Al didn't play tonight against the Kings?