PDA

View Full Version : "They said that?" The MMA quotes thread

Evan
10-28-2008, 07:09 PM
"Pain is nothing but weakness leaving your body" Randy Couture on the Team Quest mantra of fighting.

"Anderson Silva is a ballet of violence" Joe Rogan on ESPN.

"F@ck" Dana White on any given sentence

"There is no such thing as a Matt Lindland fan" Rampage Jackson way back in the PRIDE days

"You ready F*ckers?!" Dana White to the TUF 9 tryout crowd in England

djohn14
10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Haha nice!...

I got one..."Lets work gentlemen"...The officials for the last ppv.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 08:34 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/m/4027/xl/ross-pointon-cut.jpg

"Bring the Pain"

"They call me the Gladiator"

"Lets get it on"

Evan
10-28-2008, 08:41 PM
^Ross Pointon (in case anyone doesn't know it)

I had forgotten all about that picture...Good Lord...

"Once I graduated [high school] ... " said Browning, voice trailing. "I'm not very smart, obviously, so the whole college thing wasn't going to be my round. I looked up an MMA gym and found one locally, so I jumped into it there."

-- Junie Browning talking about how he got into MMA.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2008, 08:44 PM
GSP

"No one can 'andle my riddum!" -

Ahh GSP!!!

cornbread
10-28-2008, 09:28 PM
My favorite is Paul Buentello after he knocked out some can in UFC:

"This one goes to the fans that have been with me all the way. Don't fear me. Fear the...(long pause filled by akward silence because nobody knows or cares about Paul Buentello's catch phrase) Fear the consequences. Come on guys."

desflood
10-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Rampage- "You can make a mistake and get caught in a submission, but Chuck made a mistake and he got caught in an ass whoopin'."- Quinton after knocking out Liddell.

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
''So you want to be an ultimate fighter?''

BlackSwordsMan
10-29-2008, 12:08 AM
''They are speaking Phillipino to him''
''He's Japanese''

djohn14
10-29-2008, 07:36 AM
"Cain Velasquez is the future of this HW division!"

Evan
10-29-2008, 06:22 PM
“Pride was a titan with the UFC, two titans going at it, each of us thinking that we did shows with different flavors, different ways to present the fights, different philosophies and styles. That one hurt...I’m not saying this one, Pro Elite, didn’t, but it’s a different kind of hurt. Pride died over the course of 12 months –- it was a slow death. With Pro Elite, the feeling was completely different. We blew it. We had a lot of money. We had a rare opportunity to make some noise, and we blew it. I don’t know how anyone could say anything differently.”

-- Turi Altavilla, former Vice President of ProElite and former Vice President of Production and Marketing at PRIDE.

djohn14
10-29-2008, 06:42 PM
"Gay Mezger Is My Bitch"

Tito

dallaskd
10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Mr. Rogan, may I please say one more thing?

I look down. Boom! I kick him in his 'ead!

Ee beat me fair an square... fairly squarely.. sorry

I tink nobody in my division can andle my riddum

I knew I ert im because I... when I trew my firs elbow... ee went 'UHHHHH

-GSP

dallaskd
10-29-2008, 07:17 PM
"This might be the best BJ we have ever seen"

-Rogan

Evan
10-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I love reading phonetically spelled GSP. Its so perfect and I can hear his voice so clear.

dbreiden83080
10-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Rogan

"That was incredible"

"Unbelievable"

"Incredible"

"Unbelievableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

dbreiden83080
10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Mr. Rogan, may I please say one more thing?

I look down. Boom! I kick him in his 'ead!

Ee beat me fair an square... fairly squarely.. sorry

I tink nobody in my division can andle my riddum

I knew I ert im because I... when I trew my firs elbow... ee went 'UHHHHH

-GSP

He's actually come a long way in the last few years with his English. Post fight interviews he really used to search for words, he rarely does anymore.

dallaskd
10-29-2008, 07:37 PM
BJ Penn never had trouble with his english, even as a child.

dallaskd
10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Uh-Huh

dbreiden83080
10-29-2008, 08:11 PM
The Mike GoldBerg Special

"Maybe he has a secret"

Who the hell told him that was a good line

LEONARD
10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Dana

"Brock Lesnar and K-1 is a circus act!"

"We're in negotiations with Fedor, the number one Heavy Weight on the planet."

"Fedor sucks! He's not even a top 5 HW"

"Theres no doubt in my mind that Brock would smack the shit out of Fedor"

Evan
10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Todd Beard, CEO of Affliction

“Randy, if you’re listening right now, I hope (expletive) Lesnar kills you,” Beard stated.

dbreiden83080
10-30-2008, 01:37 PM
"Theres no doubt in my mind that Brock would smack the shit out of Fedor"

:lmao

Oh god Dana, that is a bad one right there..

Evan
10-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Georges St. Pierre's third time in Brazil

"I have a lot knowledge, a lot of secret tools that I haven't used, I keep it secret and I will do it in the proper moment."

^ I cannot read a GSP quote without hearing his voice in my head :lmao

Evan
10-31-2008, 09:29 PM
"We give out real candy bars, not the little ones from the bag..."

--Dana White expresses his disdain for miniature candies to the Las Vegas Sun.

cornbread
11-01-2008, 01:47 PM
"Gay Mezger Is My Bitch"

Tito

:lol Tito was awesome back in the day.

cornbread
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
My favorite is Paul Buentello after he knocked out some can in UFC:

"This one goes to the fans that have been with me all the way. Don't fear me. Fear the...(long pause filled by akward silence because nobody knows or cares about Paul Buentello's catch phrase) Fear the consequences. Come on guys."

I butchered the quote but it's still pretty funny.
qZ5JuWvgmjo

dbreiden83080
11-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I butchered the quote but it's still pretty funny.
qZ5JuWvgmjo

LOL, looked like he wanted a WWE moment right there, was he waiting for a

"If you smeeeeeeeeeeeellllllll what the Rock is Cooking or something"???

Evan
11-01-2008, 05:20 PM
I love Paul!

One of the most unathletic looking badasses of all time.

Evan
11-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Brock Lesnar says: "There are guys I admire as athletes and Randy Couture is one of them. He's a legend in MMA and it is an honour to get to fight him so early in my career.

"It's a huge fight, the biggest fight of the year, period.

"But all I am thinking about is November 15 and ramming my size XXXXL gloves into his mouth.

"When I joined the UFC, Dana White told me I would be fighting the very best fighters in the world, that I would get no tomato cans.

"That's why I wanted in — I don't want to fight bums. I will leave that deal to other sports."

"You only have one shot at life and I don't want to have any regrets. I wanted to come into MMA right from college but there was no money in it back then.

"When the time came to leave college, WWE came to me with a bunch of money and I was a guy from a farming town so it wasn't too hard a decision to sign with them.

"But I didn't like it too much — the travelling was awful. I even bought a plane so travel was less time consuming and it was still too much.

"After the WWE I wanted to compete for real, so I tried out for the NFL. It didn’t quite work out but I don't regret anything.

"Why would I regret it? I would regret not trying it. But that's in the past, I am a MMA fighter now.

"This is my life and I live it for me, I don't give a damn what anyone else says or thinks."

The wrestling expert also revealed he could not be happier with his decision to make the transition into MMA.

He said: "It's the sport of the future. It's bigger than boxing in the USA and in the UK.

"There are no mismatches and fans get to see the best fights every single time they tune in."

Evan
11-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Dana White Not Happy With New TUF Format

"I said from day one I hate the UK v USA idea.

It's dumb, I don't like it — it's not USA v the UK, we're looking for the best fighter in the world.

We put on a card one time, the USA v Canada, it was f***ing retarded.

I don't care if you're from the UK, Croatia or Brazil because at the end of the day, when Michael Bisping comes to America — Americans don't boo him.

When GSP comes down and fights in the US more people cheer for him than the guy who's from America!

When Tim Sylvia from the United States fought Antonio Nogueira from Brazil, everybody booed Sylvia on the way in and cheered for Nogueira. The reason is because in this sport it's not country versus country.

You either like the guy's fighting style or personality — nationality has nothing to do with it.

That's the way it used to be with boxing, with the exception of Ricky Hatton because everybody hates Floyd Mayweather!

But with the exception of that, you never saw guys from one country cheering a guy from a different country.

That's what's changing in what we're doing.

We're looking for the best fighters in the world — this country versus that country is irrelevant."

dallaskd
11-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Carwin has bigger gloves than Lesnar...

djohn14
11-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Ok...this comes from Luiz Cane...its strange..

On winning "Knockout of the Night" honors at UFC 89:

"Shit, that was great. (Sokoudjou) said (before the fight) that Christmas was coming and he needed to win some money… I'll send him a "turkey cock" (in Brazilian, is a slang witch means penis). I'll finish paying my car and invest this money, I won't spend it all. In fighter career you never know what's gonna happen."

Really?...a "turkey cock"?

Evan
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Maybe it means small?

Funny regardless

dbreiden83080
11-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Carwin has bigger gloves than Lesnar...

So....

dallaskd
11-03-2008, 06:22 PM
So....

So.. im tired of hearing how big Lesnar's gloves are when they are not even the biggest in the UFC!

dbreiden83080
11-03-2008, 09:54 PM
So.. im tired of hearing how big Lesnar's gloves are when they are not even the biggest in the UFC!

His Gloves are huge by normal standards and he's a star, that is why you hear about them so much. Boy you are a Lesner hating machine these days..

Evan
11-04-2008, 05:24 PM
I’ve been accused of using steroids my entire life, probably since the tenth grade in high school… I’ve never failed a drug test. Now if I was a black guy and I looked the way I do would I get asked this question a 100 times? I just happen to be a white guy that has some great genetics, so I guess that puts a bullseye on me… I’m a white dude that’s shredded and you don’t see a lot of it — a guy that’s walking around that looks like me."

-- Brock Lesnar in response to questions about steroid allegations and use.

Evan
11-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Cro Cop quotes via bloodyelbow

Cro Cop on Kimbo
Not the most technically advanced fighter but a tough guy with a lot of heart. Would be a difficult fight for many top MMA fighters.

The best fighter in the world currently
Fedor. Incredibly dedicated and humble. Admires his approach. He doesn't live the high life but focuses on MMA only. Regrets that he didn't do the same with his career. His fight with Tim Syliva was an anomaly, that sort of attack and aggression was a once off. His fight with Arlovski will be very close but he gives the slight edge to Fedor.

And I just realized he and I have the exact same hair cut. I = Cool.

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/31888/60165359_medium.jpg

Evan
11-07-2008, 07:31 PM
"For those of you who have not jumped on the MMA bandwagon yet, this is exactly what they're selling and what you're missing...Any fighter can win at any given moment. It's not any given Sunday, it's any given shot. Faber was and probably still is a top 5 fighter, pound-for-pound. He's definitely the best thing the WEC has going, and while Brown had won his last seven fights coming in, nobody expected to see the ref pulling him off Faber last night, let alone the first round. ...

"That's what makes MMA so electric. There's no margin for error, the stakes are that high every second of every fight. ... This was not a case of Faber underestimating the opponent, or not being ready for that fight. He was a world champion at the top of his game, and he got caught, and it was over before it even started. That's MMA. Get on board because you can't get that sort of thing anywhere else."

-- Jim Rome on ESPN's "Rome is Burning"

djohn14
11-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow, Im not a huge fan of Rome, but I watch him because he tells it like it is.

Evan
11-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Wow, Im not a huge fan of Rome, but I watch him because he tells it like it is.

He's been very negative to MMA before this hasn't he?

djohn14
11-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Sure has...but everyone from ESPN has...I think its in their contract.

Evan
11-07-2008, 09:39 PM
:p:

LEONARD
11-08-2008, 02:08 PM

He's been a supporter for a couple years now...not sure about prior to that...

dbreiden83080
11-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Sure has...but everyone from ESPN has...I think its in their contract.

I will be curious to see how they discuss the Brock and Randy fight. They have given the fight some hype up to this point. If it's a great fight, ESPN may start warming up to MMA a bit more..

Evan
11-13-2008, 06:35 PM
"It’s a tough business...You want to learn how to do this business? Spend 44 million dollars to figure it out like I did. Maybe you’ll make it, maybe you won’t. Good luck."

-- Dana White on the financial backing required to make it through the learning curve when it comes to monetizing top-shelf, professional MMA.

bodhisattva
11-30-2008, 10:16 PM
"This might be the best BJ we have ever seen"

-Rogan

Hah - Funny :)

cool cat
12-04-2008, 01:39 PM
New one from last nights TUF

"This ain't [expletive] 'Survivor' and [expletive]," White says. "Vote 'em off? [Expletive] beat 'em off."

ATRAIN
12-04-2008, 01:43 PM
New one from last nights TUF

"This ain't [expletive] 'Survivor' and [expletive]," White says. "Vote 'em off? [Expletive] beat 'em off."

LOL that shit was funny.

polandprzem
12-04-2008, 02:13 PM
expletive wtf?

I'm putting always fuck word into it.

desflood
01-03-2009, 12:59 PM
“The reason why I was able to get his leg was because I was really scared of his power. If he punched me, I thought he’d kill me. So instead, I thought I’d go straight to my finishing move.” –- Shinya Aoki on his win over Eddie Alvarez.

desflood
01-05-2009, 02:44 PM
"Steroids in the sport, we go one step beyond in the Wolfslair. Pre-fight, our guys, we in-house test. Not for the fact that we think they're using or whatever, just for our own reputation with the UFC. We never want to get tarred with that brush. So we do a lot of in-house testing on ourselves. Out there people do it. You do it you're going to get caught. The Nevada State Commission is very good at this now."

(side-quote) "Chris Leben, whether he was on steroids or whether he wasn't on steroids, he got his ass kicked."

- Anthony McGann, Academy boss of Wolfslair MMA.

desflood
01-26-2009, 02:55 PM
“There’s the asshole. Oh! did I just say this on TV?”

– Former UFC heavyweight champion, mixed martial arts legend and colorful HDNet broadcaster Bas Rutten is heard during the Affliction: “Day of Reckoning” weigh-in having some choice words for vice president of M-1 Global USA, Gary (Jerry) Millen.

Evan
01-26-2009, 06:04 PM
“There’s the asshole. Oh! did I just say this on TV?”

– Former UFC heavyweight champion, mixed martial arts legend and colorful HDNet broadcaster Bas Rutten is heard during the Affliction: “Day of Reckoning” weigh-in having some choice words for vice president of M-1 Global USA, Gary (Jerry) Millen.

That was a great moment!

desflood
01-28-2009, 02:13 PM
“One time after training, he was reading a magazine with his legs crossed,” Pederneiras said. “He decided to scratch his ear with his foot and kept both hands holding the magazine. He’s definitely not an ordinary person.” Andre Pederneiras, on BJ Penn

Evan
02-08-2009, 10:53 PM
"When I first met with these guys, (Fedor's) manager is like, 'Here's what we want to do. My brother is the biggest rock concert promoter over there. So here's what we want. We want you to build an arena in Russia,'" recounted White. "And I'm like, '(Expletive) timeout.' I want to sign a guy. I'm not looking to build arenas or get into business with you or anything like that. We'll pay him what he wants to be paid. We'll promote and do this and that. But it's not about Fedor when you talk to these guys."

LEONARD
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
The complete Dana - Fedor collection... :lol :rollin

Sept 26nd 2007: “I think that Fedor, right now, the word is he wants to fight in this Sambo event, but I won’t let him fight in it if he’s with us. I think he’s going to wait until he fights in this thing in October, November, and we’ll probably come to a deal with him at the end of this year or the beginning of next year.
I’m very positive we’re going to end up with him. It would be crazy for him to fight anywhere else other than the UFC.”
White and the UFC have big plans for Emelianenko if they can secure the deal. “What we’d want to do is, we’d want to know who is the best heavyweight in the world. So if we sign Fedor, Fedor comes right in and fights Randy Couture for the title,” Dana White comments on Fedor Emelianenko | Inside the Octagon

Oct 12th 2007: “Fedor has that mystique where people think he’s number one, which I don’t agree with. I think that Fedor is completely overrated – he’s fought Mark Coleman and Matt Lindland in the last year, with Mark Hunt being his only legitimate opponent - and I actually think that Randy Couture would have smashed Fedor.” New Dana White Interview On Couture, Entire Transcript - MMAFightLine.com

Oct 25th 2007"Fedor sucks," said White. "He's not even a top 5 Heavyweight in the world." Dana White: "Fedor isn't even a top five heavyweight." - MMAFightLine.com
July 31st 2007: “We'll have him (Fedor) soon. We'll have him before the end of the year.” White not worried about the competition - MMA - ESPN

2/4/2008: “Randy Couture, right now is the best fighter in the world. Fedor is a farce. He [just fought] "Long Duck Dong"...we'll just call him that. It's a joke. This guy hasn't beat anybody since 2005 and you know who was the last guy he beat in 2005? Mirko Cro Cop who just lost to two guy's that nobody's...you know.” Dana White Dana calls Choi Hong-Man “long duck dong.” - MMAFightLine.com

Feb 5th, 2008: Fedor isn’t a real fighter, he’s a complete joke.
He’s fighting middleweights and guys who have absolutely no business fighting — and he’s looking like s*** doing it.
It's 2008 and he hasn’t had a real fight since 2005. I don’t care about what he did in PRIDE years ago — he can’t live with anyone in the top five in the UFC and that’s why he’s not here.
He’s not in the UFC because if he was he couldn’t avoid real competition like he’s been doing for years now. Dana answers your questions | The Sun |Sport|UFC

Feb. 9th 2008: In response to an interviewer commenting on Randy Couture wanting to fight Fedor: “A Russian who sucks. Okay this guy hasn’t fought anybody in two years.” YouTube - Dana White calls Randy Couture Gay & Prank Call

Oct. 15th, 2008: “I’m not out there chasing Fedor. If Fedor wants to prove that he is the best in the world…you know…he’ll end up in the UFC someday. YouTube - UFC Dana White Though on FEDOR Emelianenko,TiTo,KimBo,Shamrock,Couture

Oct 24th, 2008: "If you look at Fedor, Fedor's got power, and he can knock you out, but I wouldn't say he has great stand-up," Dana White: Fedor Emelianenko Doesn't Have Great Stand-Up, Anderson Silva Is the Best - MMA FanHouse

July 20th, 2008: When asked about Fedor’s win over Sylvia: “It does (change my opinion),” he conceded. “Tim Sylvia was a real opponent.” White stands by his man Silva - MMA - Yahoo! Sports

August 6th 2008: While doing a word association with different fighters names, Dana responded to Fedor’s name by saying “Overrated.” YouTube - Dana White on Mark Cuban, Tito, Couture, GSP, Fedor and Canada

August 15th, 2008: He’s not the best pound-for-pound fighter, not even close, but he’s one of the four or five best heavyweights. But we all have to thank him for getting rid of Tim Sylvia. He’d been stinking out the joint the last couple of years and Fedor did everyone a favor by beating him so easily and getting rid of him.” Dana White: ‘Fedor did everyone a favor by beating’ Tim Sylvia at UFC blog for UFC news, results, videos, rumors, fights, pics and tickets — MMAmania.com

Sept. 2nd 2008: Fedor is completely (expletive) irrelevant,” White said. “Completely.” Couture returns to UFC, faces Lesnar - MMA - Yahoo! Sports
Nov. 19th 2008: “I’ve been trying to get Fedor forever now. You know one of the crazy things when I tell people for the 9 years I’ve been promoting this business…that I’ve been trying to get Fedor, I’ve never even met Fedor…People talk about how great he is and everything else, you know, he hasn’t fought anbody since 2005…Fedor is a bunch of hype.” YouTube - Dana White talks GSP/Penn Fedor on Sportsnet Part 1
Dec: 28th 2008: "God, I hope so," White said. "That's not up to me. I can only try so much. There's only so much I can do." Fight Instinct - MMA News: Dana White: Fedor vs. Lesnar "God, I hope so…"

Dec 30th 2008: “(Laughs) That’s so crazy! How can you call him the number one heavyweight in the world? The guy doesn’t fight anybody!”
“After seeing what!? Tim Sylvia!? Everybody knocked Tim Sylvia down in the first round… Randy Couture knocked Tim Sylvia down in the first round too and took his back. Randy just couldn’t choke him out or he would have choked him out the same exact way Fedor did!”
“Could you imagine if I had stable full of guys that fought once every two and half to three years and said they were the best fighter in the world!? Give me a break. Listen, I’ve got no problem with Fedor. I’ve tried to bring him in many times (and) I’m still trying. If Fedor wants to get on the phone tonight I’ll try and cut a deal with him. But don’t call yourself the best heavyweight in the world unless you’re willing to come in and fight three times a year against the best. Annihilate all the best in here and I’ll call you the best.
“I want to make the fight. I don’t want to sit around and say, ‘No (Fedor) sucks, he’s not the best’ and not let him fight. I’ll bring him and let him fight everybody. I’ll even pay him — good money. More money than these other knuckleheads can pay him. You’re not the best to me unless you come in and prove it. Just because you knocked Tim Sylvia down and choked him out, you’re not the best. I mean everybody has done that. Andrei Arlovski did it; he heel hooked him in the first round. Randy Couture knocked him down and almost choked him out in the first round (too).” Dana White: Fedor Still Isn’t The Best Heavyweight, Nog Had Staph

Jan 3rd, 2009: Asked whether Fedor will ever fight in the UFC, White said, "Who knows? Every time you think you've got some traction with these guys and you're going to do something, they spin off and do something dumber than before. These guys keep making stupid moves. The problem is Fedor doesn't control his destiny, his manager does. These guys are from Russia. It's a whole nother world in Russia, man. Listen, in all the dealings we've had with Fedor, I've never even met Fedor. He doesn't control his destiny, his manager does." Dana White: Fedor Emelianenko Doesn't Control His Destiny, His Manager Does - MMA FanHouse

1/8/2009: I'd like to see Andrei win. He's my guy, so I obviously want to see him beat Fedor. MMA Submission: One On One with Dana White - ESPN The Magazine

1/8/2009: My only beef with Fedor is that he's not fighting consistently right now, against top competition. I can't call someone the best in the world unless he's fighting against the best, and he's fighting three times a year, minimum. I can't call somebody like Fedor the best in the world, because he hasn't been doing that. MMA Submission: One On One with Dana White - ESPN The Magazine

1/8/2009: I'd sign Fedor in a heartbeat, if we could work out his contract situation with Affliction after they go under. I've been trying to sign Fedor for a long, long time. The problem has always been his management. I've still never even met Fedor himself. MMA Submission: One On One with Dana White - ESPN The Magazine

1/8/2009: Yes, he's had a great career. He just hasn't done it lately. If he wants to fight the best in the world and prove how great he is, I am certainly willing to listen and maybe sign him. MMA Submission: One On One with Dana White - ESPN The Magazine

1/29/2009: “If Fedor doesn’t care than neither do I. If he wants to come over and fight the best in the world then that’s cool with me. At the end of the day, if Fedor wants to fight here I’m here, if he doesn’t I don’t care.” UFC FIGHT: UFC President Dana White Talks Affliction And Fedor Emelianenko
Feb 3rd 2009: “Yes, he’s top five [pound-for-pound]. I say he’s top five. He can punch. I’ll say that.” THEMMAFiend - Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Exclusive Interviews, Commentary, And More Blog Archive Dana White Admits Fedor Emelianenko Is Top 5

Feb 4th, 2009: People think I talk all this s**t about Fedor. I'd love to have Fedor in the UFC. If he cares to come in and fight the best in the world, then I care. If he doesn't care then why should I care? That's my philosophy on that. At the end of the day, the best guys in the world are the guys like GSP, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Lyoto Machida, these guys fight the best in the world three times a year and prove that they're the best. Rashad Evans -- look who Rashad has fought this year. Look who Forrest Griffin has fought this year. These guys continually fight the best in the world three times a year. They deserve your respect and praise. Dana White on UFC 94, GSP's Vaseline and Saturday's Fight Night on Spike - MMA FanHouse

Feb 9th 2009: “I want Fedor too, contrary to popular belief. I have no idea what they want. Everything makes no sense to me. I think they thought, 'You know, we'll partner up with these guys and we'll own a piece of this thing.' It's all mixed signals. You never know what these guys want. When I first met with these guys, (Fedor's) manager is like, 'Here's what we want to do. My brother is the biggest rock concert promoter over there. So here's what we want. We want you to build an arena in Russia,'" recounted White. "And I'm like, '(Expletive) timeout.' I want to sign a guy. I'm not looking to build arenas or get into business with you or anything like that. We'll pay him what he wants to be paid. We'll promote and do this and that. But it's not about Fedor when you talk to these guys. I've never met Fedor! I've never said one (expletive) word to the guy. I've never even seen him face to face.

I don't know what they want... Fedor's one of these guys that, listen, everybody thinks that I won't give Fedor his props and everything. B.J. Penn and Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva and every other guy in this company fight the best of the best three times a year. Fedor's not doing that. If he wants to fight guys three times a year, prove he's the best, if he wants to do that, I'm willing to do it with him," says White.

I don't think he cares about a legacy or any of that kind of stuff," he continued. "I don't know. I'd like to see him fight in the UFC." - FEDOR AND THE UFC: WILL IT EVER HAPPEN? - MMA WEEKLY - Mixed Martial Arts & UFC News, Photos, Rankings & more

LEONARD
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Fedor is the best P4P fighter in the world
-Randy Couture, UFC HW Champion

Fedor is the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world aside from BJ Penn, those 2 are the best fighters in the world.
-Rampage Jackson, UFC LHW Champion

As far as Fedor, I think that guy is the baddest motherfucker on the planet, that guy's a savage. He's one of those rare HW's that's dangerous on all positions....His submissions are nasty...he can fuck you up from any position.
-Joe Rogan, UFC commentator and BJJ brown belt

Fedor has no weakness! I have seen so many fights, and even the best fighters in the world have a flaw in their game but I have yet to find one in Fedor Emelianenko.
– Bas Rutten, former King of Pancrese and UFC HW Champion FSN

Probably the best ever lived….he’s a living legend right now and I don’t think there’s a man on this planet who can beat him; the man is unreal. Pound for pound the best in the world
–Diego Sanchez, hooterandgreenway radio show

"What do I think of Fedor? I think Fedor is a phenomenal fighter. He's extremely well-rounded.... And skill-wise he's probably the top guy in the world right now"
-Big John McCarthy, legendary referee

Fedor is my favorite
-BJ Penn, former UFC Welterweight Champion and BJJworld Champion, NWFS 7/9/06

Fedor is just too dominant, too good at punching people in the face. The way he punches people man he's trying to kill people, with both hands. He's in a whole different class by himself.
-Brandon Vera

NOBODY wants to fight fedor
-Wanderlei Silva, former Pride MW Champion and GP winner

Our great champion, he is the BEST in the world.
-Josh Barnett, former UFC HW Champion and adcc Champion

He hasn't really ever lost and he's pound-for-pound the best fighter.
-Jeff Monson, ADCC Submission Wrestling World Champion

He is the BEST
-Mark Coleman, former UFC HW Champion and Pride GP Champion

"It's between Fedor and my wife"
-Gary Shaw, Elite XC President on who the best fighter is

The best in the world, no doubt
-Phil Baroni

Look, I’ve fought many people from around the world, so I’ve seen many strong fighters. But like him, never
-Renato Sobral

Fedor would be absolutely great in K-1
-Ernesto Hoost, 4-time K-1 World Champion

Fedor is the most incredible fighter you'll ever see
-Frank Trigg

Fedor is pound-for-pound best in the world
-Shamada (Pride referee)

The best fighter to climb into ANY areana is Emelianenko Fedor. He is in his own league and you can't compare nobody.
-Kevin Randleman, former UFC HW Champion

He is the best and undefeated... His striking game and his ground game is the best, so that's why he is the best... He is the shit
-Mark Hunt, K-1 World Champion

He’s the total package; looks can be deceiving. He’s incredibly strong, his hips are amazing, probably his best asset. Hard to hold down, hard to do anything with the guy………shit he’s just the best, that’s why he’s the best. He gets in position to throw the big bombs, he throws just as hard on the ground as he does on the feet. That’s why he’s the world Champion.
– Mark Coleman, former UFC Champion and GP winner

He’s the fastest I’ve ever seen. Much faster than Mirko. And he’s got a great reaction Technically he may not have such a big advantage, but physically he is the fastest heavy guy in MMA history. He tries a punch, misses it, then immediately shoots again, Cro Cop for example didn’t even see them coming. He must practise that a lot, because it’s not easy to improvise that kind of thing. He is really with a good combination of styles, he can go from one art to the other, that’s what makes him different.
– Antonio Rodorigo Nogueira, former Pride Champion

He has a fast eye, good for counter-attacking. And in every fight he shows up with something new under his sleeve. Against Filipovic he used a great clinch-strike combo: he’d go for the uchi-mata, quickly following with a powerful hook.
- Pedro Rizzo

LEONARD
02-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Whoa!

“You can just tell when you see this guy — I will tell you, he’s a bad mother[expletive]. You can just tell by looking at him,” White said two weeks ago in an interview on “The Bubba the Love Sponge Show” on Sirius Satellite Radio.

“He’s been considered one of the best in the world for a long time,” White later added. “I’d put him in there against whoever’s the top guy at that time. I’d put him in against whoever the top guy is… There’s a lot of possibilities for Fedor.”

I think that quote is somewhere here...
http://mmamania.com/2009/02/15/dana-white-and-joe-rogan-on-bubba-the-love-sponge-audio/

Fedor and his crew are hoping to meet with Dana in June to discuss a fight with Lesnar...
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/02/16/report-fedor-to-meet-with-ufc-in-june-to-discuss-matchup-with-brock-lesnar/

dallaskd
02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I really want some one to pull out some old idoitic and ignorant Dana quotes on a UFC broadcast and see what he says.

Evan
02-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I really want some one to pull out some old idoitic and ignorant Dana quotes on a UFC broadcast and see what he says.

He has an out, the AA KO was his "proof"

desflood
02-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Q. You also served as a coach in the International Fight League for the Tuscon Scorpions in 2007. You obviously enjoyed fighting, but what was coaching like?

A: It was the worst experience of my goddamned life. You know, there’s no office. The fighters … they don’t want to listen to you. The assistant coaches wanted to do their own damn thing, and at that time, it was hell. - Don Frye

Evan
02-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Sonnen is impressed with Maia, enough to suggest that Maia is already good enough to defeat UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

Silva, who is tied for the top spot in the Yahoo! Sports MMA rankings, is nearly a deity in White’s eyes, but Sonnen told USA Today that he felt both he and Maia could defeat Silva.

"I think I’m better than Anderson and I think Demian’s better than Anderson," Sonnen was quoted as saying by the newspaper’s Sergio Non. "I think we would both beat him."

Maia said he appreciated Sonnen for including him in that view, but White was incredulous upon learning of Sonnen’s words.

He laughed and then said, "You’re [expletive] me, right?"

Assured it was no joke and that the newspaper had quoted Sonnen as saying that, White said, “Chael Sonnen really said that? And he was serious? OK. Whatever. I’ve heard everything now. More power to him, I guess.”

LEONARD
02-19-2009, 05:53 PM
LOL...Sonnen can't be as stupid as his quotes make him sound...he HAS to be doing bits while keeping a straight face...

Like when he said Fedor has never fought anybody good, and he's a joke because Sambo isn't even a high school sport...
http://forums.mmanews.com/general-mma-forum/8066-chael-sonnen-dissing-fedors-accomplishments.html

desflood
02-20-2009, 02:23 PM
"Truth is, I would have smashed Cung in 45 seconds, CBS would have said that wasn't too exciting, I know my job, I'm an entertainer."

-Frank Shamrock.

:rollin

Evan
02-20-2009, 06:31 PM
"Truth is, I would have smashed Cung in 45 seconds, CBS would have said that wasn't too exciting, I know my job, I'm an entertainer."

-Frank Shamrock.

:rollin

S

T

F

U

Frank :bang

desflood
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
"This is the only way I have to support my family. If I don't fight, I'm going to be homeless by the end of the year." - Parisyan. Maybe you should, I don't know, get a fucking job, bro.

Mike Fagan

Evan
02-22-2009, 02:38 PM
hah....

BigDaddyCool
02-27-2009, 07:37 PM
"Pain is nothing but weakness leaving your body" Randy Couture on the Team Quest mantra of fighting.

That is a military saying.. Randy just stole it... I must have heard that 100 times in basic training.