PDA

View Full Version : Odom hits a new "High"

Russ
10-28-2008, 10:10 PM
And, given his history, I do mean "high."

Odom just straight-faced passed the ball to a pure shooter spotting up for a three.

Unfortunately, Sasha V. was in warm-ups standing in front of the bench.

Classic move by an all-time Clipper emeritus!:toast

SportsCenter highlight for an eternity.

Anti.Hero
10-28-2008, 10:12 PM
It's understandable. Bright yellow warmups and jerseys look the same through peripheral vision I would imagine.

Especially with THE MACHINE standing up like a goof.

Obstructed_View
10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm shocked that Sasha didn't shoot the ball.

jayc23
10-28-2008, 10:55 PM
odom makes me laugh .... everybody acts like hes the second coming of christ.. he looks like a bafoon to me out there

JamStone
10-28-2008, 10:57 PM
He's not the first NBA player to do that in a game. He won't be the last.

SequSpur
10-28-2008, 11:00 PM
oh yeah... just like how manu passes the ball to the wait staff in the front row? what a take Russ.

Solid D
10-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Lakers looked great in the first half....mid-season form and good D, as well.

nkdlunch
10-28-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm shocked that Sasha didn't shoot the ball.

:lol he actually almost did. that dude is weird

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
Did everyone somehow forget this gem?
pSxgjTaKDrc
That pass to Sasha was just garden variety blooper material. If I were a league official I'd see a guy do this and schedule a drug test for him the next day.

romad_20
10-29-2008, 12:15 AM
good D, as well.

Blazers took all kinds of bad shots. That D looked like the same D they've been playing to me.

angelbelow
10-29-2008, 01:36 AM
i laughed pretty hard when i saw that. i understand the mistake though, sasha was yellow, home jerseys are yellow..

LA24
10-29-2008, 03:28 AM
If anyone missed it.

VYd0Z4J6dnQ

He apparently likes to pass to refs as well.

sGTkRERxyQk

timvp
10-29-2008, 03:47 AM
pSxgjTaKDrc
That pass to Sasha was just garden variety blooper material. If I were a league official I'd see a guy do this and schedule drug test the for him the next day.

Yeah, this one takes the cake. The first time I saw that it was so weird that I had to wonder if I had been smoking something.

Tag
10-29-2008, 05:27 AM
Blazers took all kinds of bad shots. That D looked like the same D they've been playing to me.
You mean the one that ousted you guys in 5 games?

chasky
10-29-2008, 05:30 AM
LOL odom please focus in the game!!!

galvatron3000
10-29-2008, 09:52 AM

good d, Collins was saying that too and all I saw was bad shots by Portland, nervous young team, offense non existent and bailing the Lakers out by taking a bunch of jumpers. The Blazers are a jump shooting team, not very good at it because they have no inside game, LaMarcus Aldridge spent the entire game taking ill advised shots, trying to blow by his man and jumpers. Oden, well, the jury is still out but looks like his offense will come from offensive rebounding and put backs. Lakers took advantage of what the Blazers gave them and that's horrible defense and no offense to waste energy to play defense on. That's the game and that's why they weren't even competitive.

TheMadHatter
10-29-2008, 09:59 AM
good d, Collins was saying that too and all I saw was bad shots by Portland, nervous young team, offense non existent and bailing the Lakers out by taking a bunch of jumpers. The Blazers are a jump shooting team, not very good at it because they have no inside game, LaMarcus Aldridge spent the entire game taking ill advised shots, trying to blow by his man and jumpers. Oden, well, the jury is still out but looks like his offense will come from offensive rebounding and put backs. Lakers took advantage of what the Blazers gave them and that's horrible defense and no offense to waste energy to play defense on. That's the game and that's why they weren't even competitive.

Keep rationalizing it buddy.

The D was miles above anything I saw from last season and perhaps the best defensive effort I've seen from the Lakers in years. There is a reason why POR missed so many jumpers, they were all contested out-of-rhythm shots. Shooters tend to miss those kind of shots more than they make them. And lastly, isn't the entire point of a good defense to prevent points in the paint and force teams to shoot from outside?

Face facts, the Lakers won that game last night BECAUSE of their defense. They didn't score anywhere near their 110 ppg average from last season.

galvatron3000
10-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Keep rationalizing it buddy.

The D was miles above anything I saw from last season and perhaps the best defensive effort I've seen from the Lakers in years. There is a reason why POR missed so many jumpers, they were all contested out-of-rhythm shots. Shooters tend to miss those kind of shots more than they make them. And lastly, isn't the entire point of a good defense to prevent points in the paint and force teams to shoot from outside?

Face facts, the Lakers won that game last night BECAUSE of their defense. They didn't score anywhere near their 110 ppg average from last season.

I agree that's the point of their defense but that's not what I saw last night, that's all I'm saying. Lakers are a good team but Portland was pretty bad. I guess you are a Lakers fan and that's cool but this is my assessment of last night game between the two teams. You obviously, saw the game differently but not everyone here is a Laker hater.

hater
10-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I agree Portland played horribly. They would have got blown out by any team in the league last night.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 10:19 AM
The Blazers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Missing open jumpers and chip in layups in no way equals good defense.

galvatron3000
10-29-2008, 10:22 AM
The Blazers couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Missing open jumpers and chip in layups in no way equals good defense.

:elephant

romad_20
10-29-2008, 10:28 AM
You mean the one that ousted you guys in 5 games?

Yes. I almost forgot about all that lock down d that was played by the Lakers. The D that got abused in the finals by a team that was healthy and could execute plays. The Lakers are stacked. I'm not arguing that fact but their D is not all that and I think if you can move the ball against them you can score.

It wasn't a knock on the Lakers, the Blazers just took bad shots and looked rattled from the beginning.

z0sa
10-29-2008, 10:33 AM
pSxgjTaKDrc
That pass to Sasha was just garden variety blooper material. If I were a league official I'd see a guy do this and schedule a drug test for him the next day.

:lmao :lmao

Odumb indeed

mathbzh
10-29-2008, 11:16 AM
:lol he actually almost did. that dude is weird

I found this picture of Sasha with his brother

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b2/Rain_Man_poster.jpg/200px-Rain_Man_poster.jpg

The Franchise
10-29-2008, 12:00 PM

I think they were helped a little by the Blazers horrible play as well. The entire team looked like they didn't even have a training camp.

galvatron3000
10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
I think they were helped a little by the Blazers horrible play as well. The entire team looked like they didn't even have a training camp.

I was thinking the same but chalked it up to nerves. Hopefully they'll perform better but if they can't establish some kind of inside game then the jump shooters will fall.

If you are going to be a jump shooting team then they have to be as good as the KINGS when Webber was there