PDA

View Full Version : Stop Playing Duncan!!

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Why are we risking duncan getting injured against the worst team in the NBA?

If we cant beat the hornets without Duncan we have other problems

Rummpd
02-16-2005, 10:52 PM
Especially when both Rasho and Rose playing well tonight. Did Horry play at all?

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 10:59 PM
I agree.

GoldToe
02-16-2005, 11:05 PM
WTF is Tim still playing!?

exstatic
02-16-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't think it's even possible for Tim to re-injure the ankle. It's apparent by his range of motion (or lack therof) that he is extremely heavily taped.

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 11:09 PM
TD better be droppin 30pts a game in the postseason

IceColdBrewski
02-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Tim is playing because he wants to. It's that simple.

T Park
02-16-2005, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE]TD better be droppin 30pts a game in the postseason[QUOTE]

what if he only averages about 25 a game, but they are still winning.

Whats the difference.

DuncanMVP
02-16-2005, 11:29 PM
[QUOTE]TD better be droppin 30pts a game in the postseason[QUOTE]

what if he only averages about 25 a game, but they are still winning.

Whats the difference.

that would be fine, but it doesnt seem like Duncan is playing his best game these days

exstatic
02-16-2005, 11:36 PM
He's hurt, shitforbrains.

T Park
02-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Id say his injuries are the reason.

If he is sitll playing like this in the middle of April.

Be worried. Till then, dont sweat it

Dario
02-17-2005, 02:36 AM
DuncanMVP so tim doesnt want to play the games or it this just your opinion? First you want your boy to be mvp and all that, then you say he shouldn't be allowed to play, you should make up your mind or atleast think for 1 minute (in your case little longer) before you make another thread...

Jimcs50
02-17-2005, 09:20 AM
"He's adamant that he doesn't want to miss any more games," Popovich said before tipoff. "I'll worry about it, but I'll respect that he knows his body better than anybody else."

Stop being such a whiney bitch and let the experts run the team. :rolleyes

SpursWoman
02-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Just like a man... :rolleyes :lol

Just because he doesn't want to miss anymore games doesn't make it a good idea to put more stress on his already injured body...he needs time to heal so he'll be 100% for the playoffs, and clearly he could have taken some of that time last night.

It's called being bull-headed.

BigVee
02-17-2005, 10:14 AM
I would much rather TD keeps the mindset that he wants to play instead of looking for the bench everytime he has a minor problem. It is more about his attitude than anything else. Major positive that he insisted on playing.

Jimcs50
02-17-2005, 11:17 AM
I would much rather TD keeps the mindset that he wants to play instead of looking for the bench everytime he has a minor problem. It is more about his attitude than anything else. Major positive that he insisted on playing.

Yeah, SW....take that.

:)

Notorious H.O.P.
02-17-2005, 12:02 PM
He obviously can play so he does. The man draws a good paycheck and he wants to earn it so I've got no quarrels there. The players that truly love the game and have that competitive fire in them hate to sit games. But sometimes, as a coach, for the good of the team you have to force them to sit. Against a creampuff team like the Hornets, You've got to have faith that the rest of the starters and the bench can pull out the game. It's not just his ankle, he's also having problems with one of his knees and his hip. There is no way that Stern was going to let Tim sit out the AS game so this was the best chance to give Tim a few days rest so he could get that much closer to healing up properly. Obviously Tim can play and his stat line last night suggests that. And it's great to have that warrior mentality and want to play every game and if this was a game versus the Suns or Sonics, I'd agree with the decision. But the Hornets? Either Tim should be smart, have faith and make the decision to sit out, or Pop should force it on him. Our goal is postseason success and a healthy Tim is what we need to achieve that goal.