PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 Spurs: Worst Team in 10 Years

SequSpur
10-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Spurs went into the offseason with holes to fill.

Backup point guard
Center
Small Forward
Backup Power Forward

They lost heart and soul players in Brent Barry and Robert Horry.

They spent their money on resigning Finley, signing Mason and getting a bunch of rookies that just plain suck and will never see the light of day on an NBA court.

They continue to run Vaughn, Bonner, Oberto and now an older Bowen out there with hopes of continuity. Continuity is gone, these guys don't cut it anymore.

Manu is hurt. He doesn't listen, only cares about himself and his country. That's fine, but go back home if it means that much to you.

I sincerely think the Spurs will be 7th or 8th in the West. Not only will they struggle to beat the Lakers, Mavs, Suns, Hornets, Rockets, Trailblazers and Jazz.. they barely rank within the top 4 teams in the East.

Fans.... that equals about 48 wins. Lottery Bound?

I know I am negative usually and you will just diss this as another bs sequ take but, I haven't met anyone with any confidence in this crappy roster RC and Pop have come up with.

Oh well, cheers to a new season... prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

:flag:

BlackSwordsMan
10-28-2008, 11:12 PM
good we can trade parker for lebron now

K-State Spur
10-28-2008, 11:13 PM
eh. you've bitched during championship runs, so it really holds no meaning or value at this point.

Anti.Hero
10-28-2008, 11:15 PM
My biggest fear is watching the same HORRID offense from last year.

YODA
10-28-2008, 11:18 PM

Obviously Robert Horry and Brent were gonna be big min guy if they stayed,,,,sheesh

They spent their money on resigning Finley, signing Mason and getting a bunch of rookies that just plain suck and will never see the light of day on an NBA court.

what would you have done?????

They continue to run Vaughn, Bonner, Oberto and now an older Bowen out there with hopes of continuity. Continuity is gone, these guys don't cut it anymore.

I guess Robery Horry was cutting it. also didnt know Bonner and Vaughn were out there much as it was. What do you expect from 11th and 12th man in?

Manu is hurt. He doesn't listen, only cares about himself and his country. That's fine, but go back home if it means that much to you.

So it surprises you he cares about his country? Doesnt listen??

I sincerely think the Spurs will be 7th or 8th in the West. Not only will they struggle to beat the Lakers, Mavs, Suns, Hornets, Rockets, Trailblazers and Jazz.. they barely rank within the top 4 teams in the East.

I know I am negative usually and you will just diss this as another bs sequ take but, I haven't met anyone with any confidence in this crappy roster RC and Pop have come up with.

Might as well tell them to take it

CubanMustGo
10-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Can we trade Sequ for a fan to be named later?

tp2021
10-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Can we trade Sequ for a fan to be named later?
Cash considerations are more than enough.

SequSpur
10-29-2008, 12:22 AM
So far the Celtics and the Lakers have come out of the gate strong. Great starting 5, and solid bench support.

Spurs will come out with a great solid 2 in Duncan and Parker and a bunch of crap after that.

What else is on TV tomorrow?

Spurtacus
10-29-2008, 12:23 AM
So far the Celtics and the Lakers have come out of the gate strong. Great starting 5, and solid bench support.

Spurs will come out with a great solid 2 in Duncan and Parker and a bunch of crap after that.

World Series

xellos88330
10-29-2008, 12:43 AM
well i for one am thinking the rooks will do great. i just hope they dont get the jitters like portland did. man what an egg.

honestfool84
10-29-2008, 01:23 AM
i think it's funny how i read the title, then without even looking at the thread starter, knew it was sequspur.

byrdman31
10-29-2008, 01:40 AM

:lol:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:rollin:lol:lol:nope

CubanSucks
10-29-2008, 02:50 AM
shit would you SHUT THE FUCK UP. I haven't been on this site for more than a year and you've already managed to get under my skin. You've said this kind of shit so many times I can't even tell if you're joking or just the black sheep of this website

timvp
10-29-2008, 03:01 AM
http://spurstalk.com/sequ-and-the-giant.gif

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-29-2008, 10:44 AM

:lmao

polandprzem
10-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Again Sequ Has Stuck

:lmao

galvatron3000
10-29-2008, 10:59 AM

Backup point guard
Center
Small Forward
Backup Power Forward

Those are the same needs we've had since 1999. In some cases we needed a backup point and a new starting point. Haven't really had a true sf since Sean left and he was hobbled the time he was here. D Rob left and the Center spot will never be the same because he was a 50 great and if you can find one available worthy of our time, tell Pop and R.C to take a look. The two spot is good, Manu is hurt and if you have a problem with him playing for his country then I suggest you confront him about like a man and settle that face to face but you don't tell a guy to go home if he loves his country so much he's willing to risk injury to play in the Olympics, that's a bigotry thing to say or at the least stupid.

If you don't like the bench go scout and find some guys since you think it's soo easy, the funny thing is no one states who they should get and if they can afford these guys. Every team has needs and it's a matter of availability, money and smarts on the part of the gm's.

The biggest mistake the Spurs have made was sending Scola to the Rockets and we will pay for that dearly everytime we play those guys.

Keep in mind that next summer is what the franchise is preparing for and making a run with the same team that made it to the conference finals a year ago with a younger bench and vet savvy is a good move, plus you'll have money to make a legitmate run a name worth spending your money on.

What do you think about that now?

Dr. Gonzo
10-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi Sequ!!

Sausage
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Maybe we should wait until the Spurs play a few games before we make that assumption.

dbestpro
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM

Backup point guard
Center
Small Forward
Backup Power Forward

Totally agree. In fact we have been the worst team in 10 years every other year for about 10 years now.

z0sa
10-29-2008, 11:11 AM

is that actually sequ? :lmao

koriwhat
10-29-2008, 11:12 AM
sequ is a little bitch. emphasis on little.

Flux451
10-29-2008, 11:31 AM
anyone who wears a turtle neck should be banned.

Let's trade him for that one uber blazer fan on here.

spurs50_
10-29-2008, 11:39 AM
I feel so good about this team that I ordered the nba league pass yesterday. I hadn't done that in a couple of years. I think we got better bonner/tolliver can help us out more than Horry did last year and our backup point guard looks better than vaughn not to mention the additions of mason and farmer. Also, Mahinimi, if he stays healthy.. Don't be a Debbie Downer, things are looking up for these Spurs.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 11:41 AM
Oh, boo hoo. The worst year of the last ten that have been the most successful in pro sports. Woe is us. Poor championship contending team. Poor spoiled rotten fan.

ElNono
10-29-2008, 11:43 AM
The sky is falling thread...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/337206946_ff3d243a8e_o.jpg

BronxCowboy
10-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Oh, boo hoo. The worst year of the last ten that have been the most successful in pro sports. Woe is us. Poor championship contending team. Poor spoiled rotten fan.

:tu

vander
10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Sequ will be right unless Bonner can save us. I think that maybe he can

Solid D
10-29-2008, 01:32 PM

Well, you can watch Obama's infomercial and acceptance speech on NBC, CBS, FOX, or maybe KWEX in Spanish. There is Tyler Perry's House of Payne and did I mention Tyler Perry? There is Pushing Daisies, which may be sort of like the Spurs game for you. There is also the Dallas Stars hockey game against the Minnesota Wild and, as you know, there is Reba on the Life channel.

nkdlunch
10-29-2008, 01:35 PM
never see the light of day on an NBA court.

since when can you see light of day in an NBA court :lmao

Budkin
10-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Ah well, at least we have a team that is fun to watch.

Mad Bonner
10-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Sequ will be right unless Bonner can save us. I think that maybe he can

Damn right I can. GET on my fukkin back! I got this!

SpursDynasty
10-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Backup point guard
Center
Small Forward
Backup Power Forward

There will always be complaining. I thought we needed to get younger? Didn't we do that by "getting a bunch of rookies who suck"?

And I'm sure by Andrew Bynum's 8 points and Greg Oden's 0 points for the Lakers and Blazers last night, that indicates that these two teams are ahead of us.

jayc23
10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
you are a fool...

SequSpur
10-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Hi Sequ!!

uh Hi!