PDA

View Full Version : Manu's New Article(Translation Needed)

BigBigSpur
10-29-2008, 12:04 AM
La lucha en el Oeste será una batalla campal
Por Manu Ginóbili
Martes 28 de octubre de 2008
http://argentina.manuginobili.com/
http://www.lanacion.com.ar/nota.asp?nota_id=1063995

SAN ANTONIO.- Todo marcha bárbaro por aquí. Sigo con las buenas noticias, como verán. El tobillo continúa mejorando día a día y voy superando dificultades. Ya empecé a tirar al aro haciendo movimientos específicos y sigo subiendo la montaña artificial de la que les hablé en la anterior columna y que ya pueden ver en el video que subimos a mi sitio de Internet. También trabajo en la arena, corro en la cancha y mantengo la actividad en el gimnasio. Todo muy controlado y sin apurarme ni excederme.

Si bien la articulación del tobillo derecho operado todavía está dura, siento muy poco dolor y no se me inflama. Es decir que todo va según lo previsto.

En cuanto a mi regreso al juego, espero que sea para fines de noviembre o los primeros días de diciembre, pero eso dependerá absolutamente de lo que decida el técnico Popovich. Yo puedo sentirme bien y a lo mejor no me quieren arriesgar.

Con respecto a la temporada que empezará hoy, nosotros mantenemos la misma mentalidad y las mismas esperanzas de siempre. Sentimos que tenemos el mejor equipo y las mismas chances de ser campeones que los mejores. Básicamente tenemos el mismo equipo del año pasado.

Sí, en cambio, hay que reconocer que la lucha en el Oeste será durísima, será una batalla campal. No creo que se repita la paridad en la definición del año último, que fue increíble. Cuatro días antes de terminar la serie regular no se sabía qué equipos entrarían en los playoffs. Igual, hay varios que se reforzaron y serán más difíciles.

Los Lakers, finalistas del año pasado, son los favoritos, y van a dar pelea Phoenix, Denever, Houston, New Orleans y hasta agregaría ahora a Portland, con el regreso de Gregg Oden (no había alcanzado a debutar el año pasado por una lesión)

Y sin duda que la División nuestra es la más complicada. New Orleans se perfila mejor que en la anterior temporada; Houston está más fuerte y Dallas siempre es muy complicado.

En el Este todo parece más sencillo, ahí supongo que volverán a dominar Boston, Cleveland y Detroit, si se adapta rápido al cambio de entrenador. Una cuestión que también afectará a Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, New York. Hubo muchas modificaciones de técnicos y varios de ellos son debutantes.

No hubo demasiados pases de jugadores importantes, pero el mercado seguirá abierto hasta los primeros días de febrero y por ahí las franquicias deciden hacer nuevas apuestas, como sucedió el año pasado con Phoenix (Shaquille O?Neal) o Dallas (Jason Kidd). Y antes había ocurrido con los Lakers, que contrataron a Pau Gasol.

Todo dependerá de las expectativas deportivas, los intereses publicitarios y los presupuestos que maneje cada equipo, aunque no creo que se repita el nivel de cambios anterior.

Finalmente, les cuento que la crisis financiera no parece notarse todavía en la NBA. Veremos qué ocurre después de unas semanas, pero, por ahora, dicen que los tickets y abonos se están vendiendo normalmente y que excepto algún sponsor menos, todos siguen apoyando a los mismos equipos.

Veremos cómo arranca la temporada y espero pronto estar de vuelta. Es muy feo mirar de afuera sin poder hacer nada por tu equipo.

m33p0
10-29-2008, 12:20 AM
translation! quick!!!

urunobili
10-29-2008, 12:23 AM
in 6 hours i could do it if u wait patiently... plz dont post any google thing or similar things...

m33p0
10-29-2008, 12:27 AM
in 6 hours i could do it if u wait patiently... plz dont post any google thing or similar things...
hopefully, the place hasn't burned down by then.

amy020
10-29-2008, 05:31 AM
looking forward to Manu's new article. I 'll wait patiently .thanks a lot urunobili

urunobili
10-29-2008, 06:17 AM
ok clock is ticking i am working on it...

Ice009
10-29-2008, 06:23 AM
Thank you. :).

smeagol
10-29-2008, 06:46 AM
He says he is doing well . . . should be ready to play by early December.

urunobili
10-29-2008, 07:14 AM
The West Battle will be a Brutal Battle - by Manu

Translation - urunobili

San Antonio – Everything is going great here. I still keep the good news as you’ll see. The ankle continues to get better day after day and I am surpassing difficulties. I started to shoot making specific movements and I keep going up the artificial mountain that I talked about in the last column that I uploaded and now you can see on the video section of my internet site (www.manuginobili.com) I am also working in the sand, run in the court and I keep the gym activities as usual. Everything very controlled and without hurry neither excess.

Although the surgically intervened right ankle articulation it’s still very solid, I feel little pain and there is no inflammation. That means everything goes as planned.

Regarding my come back to the court, I hope it is by the end of November o the first days of December, but that will absolutely be up to coach Popovich to decide. I could feel great but maybe he doesn’t want to take any risks.

About the season that will begin today, we maintain the same mentality and hope we always have. We feel we have the best team and the same changes to be champions as the best teams do. Basically we have the same team we had last year.

Yes, you have to recognize that the fight for the West will be very tough; it will be a brutal battle. I don’t think this year will be like last years parity that was incredible. Four days before the regular season you couldn’t know which teams would get in the playoffs. Anyhow, there are several teams that reinforced and will be tougher.

The Lakers, last years finalists are the favorites and Phoenix, Denver, Houston, New Orleans and also Portland (with Greg Oden’s comeback that he wasn’t able to make it last year due to injury) could be said, will give a tough fight.

And there is no doubt that our Division is the most complicated. New Orleans looks even better than last season; Houston is stronger and Dallas is always very complicated.

In the east everything looks simpler, there I suppose that Boston will dominate again, Cleveland and Detroit, if they adapt fast to the coaching change. It is also a question mark that will affect Chicago, Phoenix, Dallas, New York. There were lots of coaching changes and some of them are having their first season.

There was no major trades involving important players but the market will still be open until the first days of February and maybe then the franchises decide to make new gambles like last year Phoenix did brining in Shaquille O’Neal or Dallas Jason Kidd. It all happened before with the Lakers bringing Pau Gasol.

It will all depend on the expectations and goals, the advertising interests and budget available by every team, but I don’t think that the same level of changes will repeat.

Finally, I tell you that the financial crisis is still not noticeable in the NBA. We will see what happens after a couple of weeks, but, so far tickets and season ticket sales are selling normally and with the exception that there are some less sponsors, everybody keeps supporting the same teams.

We will see how the season begins and I hope to be there soon. It is ugly to watch from outside without being capable of doing anything for your team.

timvp
10-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the translation. Hopefully Manu can make it back before December. But more importantly, he should take all the time he needs to get back to 100% before coming back.