10-29-2008, 07:19 AM
http://people-press.org/

ratm1221
10-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Wow!

boutons_
10-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Repugs:

"massive, widespread polling fraud is as bad as massive, widespread voting fraud."

:)

JoeChalupa
10-29-2008, 08:06 AM
I see that the majority also believes the media is in the tank for Obama. That damn liberal media!! :cuss

Jelly
10-29-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm not sure it's a good idea for the political process that these numbers are released.
for example, in my state, Virginia, we can't vote early and we are already anticipating horrendous lines. Could be a 4 or 5 hour wait in some areas. If Obama supporters start thinking this is in the bag, they may choose not to spend half a day at the polls. And this is a battleground state as everyone knows,

JoeChalupa
10-29-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure it's a good idea for the political process that these numbers are released.

Why not?

cool hand
10-29-2008, 08:10 AM
a winner is a winner and if your attitutude is to give up because of polls you are weak minded anyway.

Jelly
10-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Why not?

see above (I edited)

cool hand
10-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I think you are wrong. a winner likes to pile on, and losers give up....it will be the neocons who will stop voting.

Jelly
10-29-2008, 08:19 AM
I think you are wrong. a winner likes to pile on, and losers give up....it will be the neocons who will stop voting.

I like to pile on to. But the more I think about this, the more I worry about Virginia. Considering that it took well over 3 hours in line on a random Saturday just to renew my drivers license, I can see the wait being even longer than 5 hours in many places. Not everyone can do that and if people think this thing is already won by 20 points, as much as they want to be part of the process, I can see them giving up after a couple hours in line.

Jelly
10-29-2008, 08:21 AM
on the other hand, perhaps you're right and it will be the neo-cons giving up. I hope so, but it makes me nervous. Like Obama says... Democrats have a habit of snatching defeat from the hands of victory.

cool hand
10-29-2008, 08:21 AM
maybe, but I think you are probably underestimating the peoples will. I would wait. the lines here in some places here in SA have only been about a 2 min wait.

boutons_
10-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Early voting in GA had lines of 5 hours, that's EARLY voting.

Multi-hour waits in bad weather (cold, rain, wind) discourages anybody.

The US voting system is a national disgrace. Open to tampering at worst, unreliable at best, just ridiculous.

Where Repugs are the voting administrators, they will do everything possible to impede and discourage voters.

florige
10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
I like to pile on to. But the more I think about this, the more I worry about Virginia. Considering that it took well over 3 hours in line on a random Saturday just to renew my drivers license, I can see the wait being even longer than 5 hours in many places. Not everyone can do that and if people think this thing is already won by 20 points, as much as they want to be part of the process, I can see them giving up after a couple hours in line.

Man after already waiting for an hour you might as well go ahead and finish waiting....:lol

Jelly
10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Man after already waiting for an hour you might as well go ahead and finish waiting....:lol

just so we're clear, we are not talking about me here. I intend to vote no matter what. But not everyone can take the day, or even half a day, off work as I am doing.

florige
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
just so we're clear, we are not talking about me here. I intend to vote no matter what. But not everyone can take the day, or even half a day, off work as I am doing.

Most polls close around 7 or 8 right....

SnakeBoy
10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
If Obama supporters start thinking this is in the bag, they may choose not to spend half a day at the polls.

Tell the unreliable youth and minority voters that it's already in the bag. Scare the reliable white voters, old voters, and jewish voters. Is that a strategy or a tactic?

MannyIsGod
10-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Jelly I think you're absolutely right, but thankfully the Obama camp has the best GOTV organization that any presidential campaign has ever had. Future campaigns will be funded by the template left by this campaign and they will also model future ground games on it. Its truly revolutionary.