PDA

View Full Version : The Sadness Begins Tomorrow: Official Dallas Mavericks 08-09 Thread

Findog
10-29-2008, 10:55 AM
I HATE being a fan of the Dallas Mavericks. It fucking sucks. I've made a lot of mistakes over the years...but one of the biggest was falling in love with Mark Aguirre, Rolando Blackman and Sam Perkins in the spring of 1988, as they went all the way to the Western Conference Finals and nearly pulled off the upset of the Showtime Lakers. Being a Mavericks fan means talking yourself into Doug Smith's "upside," ppraying that the rumors of "acrimony" between Jason Kidd and Jimmy Jackson are not true, and hoping that Randy White finally pans out.

I spent a good part of my life rooting for teams that struggled to crack 20 wins a year. Can we go ahead and fast-forward to June and the Lakers-Cavaliers Finals?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109/2370645440_4139b72648.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1418/660007555_a5db7ea28e_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1018/975129238_b5209bcd74_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/522680490_05caa25cbf_o.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1078/583280606_5b3774f172_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2149/2311140387_2caa7227e0.jpg

http://givemetherock.com/images/mavericks/avery_johnson_professor_x.jpg

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Cuban%20Dancing.jpg

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/081028

Random Miami note: I watched Game 3 of the 2006 Finals on NBA TV earlier this month, which features at least eight incomprehensibly bad calls or no-calls and should always be mentioned on the short list of NBA playoff games with the fishiest officiating. I look at the Donaghy Saga as a good thing now; there's just no way that anything like "Game 3 of the 2006 Finals" will ever happen again. You will never see three referees collectively decide either consciously or subconsciously, "We're giving every borderline call to Team X and that's that." Anyway, I blocked this out of my mind, but seriously, how bad was Miami's "every fan wears white" gimmick for those games? They looked like they should have been rooting for Zac Efron's team in "High School Musical 3." What an appalling Finals in every respect. Maybe the league's worst moment since the Kermit Washington punch. And yet I digress.

:bang :bang :bang :bang

So, anyways, I'll pull my attention away from masturbating to the Sunday paper JC Penny bra ads at 3 in the morning in my parent's basement, and redirect my focus to the upcoming season. The experts seem to think this is the beginning of the end for the Mavs as elite contenders, and they're probably right.

I look forward to Jason "Cement Shoes" Kidd being lit up by Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker and even Skip to my Lou. I can't wait to see Josh Howard further degenerate and waste away from Michael Finley disease. It's always a heartwarming sight to see Erick Damper fumble away a perfectly delivered pass from Jason Kidd and blow an easy dunk. Antoine Wright should lock down the starting 2-guard spot by shooting a sizzling 40% from the field. Devean George is in the mold of James Posey - a veteran perimeter defender who is expected to help spread the floor and knock down three's - except he fucking sucks. JJ Barea would make an adorable mascot - except he's our backup point guard.

The following coda is a fitting epitaph for this franchise:

It (being a Mavericks fan) feels like when you leave summer camp as a kid - sure, we had a blast while we were there. We cried. People picked on us because we were fat. One of the counselors touched us where we didn't want him to. We were almost kickball champion before choking it away in the final inning. It was sooooo close. But we never graced the promised land.

monosylab1k
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
I just got myself a sweet ass Mashburn throwback jersey on eBay. Mavs oughta wear their throwbacks (both the green and blue ones) a lot more often.

Findog
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I just got myself a sweet ass Mashburn throwback jersey on eBay. Mavs oughta wear their throwbacks (both the green and blue ones) a lot more often.

I've gotten a lot of throwback swag on ebay - I love anything with the old Cowboy hat logo. I wish they would dump that gay-ass horse and go back to that.

monosylab1k
10-29-2008, 11:06 AM
The Mavs have gotta be the Cubs of the NBA. Is there another team that's a stronger candidate for that, um, honor?

Findog
10-29-2008, 11:09 AM
The Mavs have gotta be the Cubs of the NBA. Is there another team that's a stronger candidate for that, um, honor?

The Suns. They've been around longer, have had just as many, if not more, excruciatingly close calls, and they probably would've won a title by now if their owner wasn't such a cheap bastard.

monosylab1k
10-29-2008, 11:14 AM
The Suns. They've been around longer, have has just as many, if not more, excruciatingly close calls, and they probably would've won a title by now if their owner wasn't such a cheap bastard.

Yeah but I don't think the Suns have that air of "We will always fail no matter what" permeating their entire organization and fanbase. Hell, the media STILL has a boner for the Suns even this season.

Findog
10-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah but I don't think the Suns have that air of "We will always fail no matter what" permeating their entire organization and fanbase. Hell, the media STILL has a boner for the Suns even this season.

I don't see that at all. Most of the reviews I've been reading expect a "Sunset" in the Valley of the Sun this year. Get it? See what I did there?

Actually, I came across this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/10/27/scouts.predictions/index.html

The other surprise finalist here is the Mavericks, who hired coach Rick Carlisle to bring order to their diversity of talent. "Dallas could easily win the West,'' said the scout who picks them. "They're deep and really talented; if they have an injury, they can plug other people in. Rick has always been successful, and this is much more talent than he's had except for that one year in Indiana when they reached the conference finals.'' And that Pacers team was far younger than the group Carlisle inherits in Dallas.

z0sa
10-29-2008, 11:19 AM
The Suns. They've been around longer, have had just as many, if not more, excruciatingly close calls, and they probably would've won a title by now if their owner wasn't such a cheap bastard.

The suns never smelled a championship like the Mavs did in 06. I honestly have sympathy. 0.4 was hard to swallow. To imagine 4 games of equally dicey shit ...

Findog
10-29-2008, 11:19 AM
Reggie Miller on what Carlisle brought to the Pacers in 1997-98:

“This (Mavs) team reminds us of when Larry (Bird) and him first came to the Pacers. … Everybody kind of wrote us off that we were too old, that our best days were behind us and that's the year we should have beaten Chicago in the conference finals. … The parallels are somewhat the same. And everybody's kind of writing them off. (Dallas is) not young anymore. But there's a lot to be said of a team that has some mileage on it. I like experience. I still think they have one more run in them.’’

Indazone
10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Cuban%20Dancing.jpg

That pic of Cuban does as much for him as the Dukakis photo in a tank.

Findog
10-29-2008, 11:21 AM
The suns never smelled a championship like the Mavs did in 06. I honestly have sympathy. 0.4 was hard to swallow. To imagine 4 games of equally dicey shit ...

As a Mavs fan, you can't say anything, because you'll just be called a sore loser, and honestly, we didn't play our best basketball in the Finals.

By the same token, Phil Jackson, Tracy McGrady, Bill Simmons, all guys that have no love for Dallas, have said pretty much the same thing...

monosylab1k
10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
I don't see that at all. Most of the reviews I've been reading expect a "Sunset" in the Valley of the Sun this year. Get it? See what I did there?

Actually, I came across this:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/10/27/scouts.predictions/index.html

I guess it's just ESPN then. Nobody is picking them to win it all, but I think the general consensus is that they're still a solid playoff team and much better than Dallas. Then again, going to ESPN for basketball insight is like asking Jessica Simpson to tutor you in quantum physics.

Findog
10-29-2008, 11:25 AM
I guess it's just ESPN then. Nobody is picking them to win it all, but I think the general consensus is that they're still a solid playoff team and much better than Dallas. Then again, going to ESPN for basketball insight is like asking Jessica Simpson to tutor you in quantum physics.

I think the Suns will make the playoffs, because they're better than Denver, Golden State and the Clips. And Amare will continue to pad his stats. But Shaq, Nash and Hill are old, and Bell is not a spring chicken.

Say what you will about Marion and him going off the reservation last year, and the need to trade him, but is Shaq gonna play 60 games for them this year? That was a bad trade for them. Shaq is not going to go all out for them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-29-2008, 11:27 AM
At the moment, probably not. The mid-90's Spurs were cut from the same "let's kick the fans in the nuts come playoff time" fabric. I feel for you guys.

I think the case could be made that Yao and T-Mac are the Pryor and Woods of the NBA, but the Rockets do have some Larry O's in the trophy case. The Jazz had some pretty talented teams that fell short of expectations, but it's tough to paint any team that couldn't beat the Bulls in that period as failures. Maybe the Suns? There were the ringless Barkley years prior to this current run of postseason heartache, though their current incarnation is following a strangely familiar track of firing an "all O, no D" coach in favor of hiring a gritty PG from the Spurs 99 team.

Indazone
10-29-2008, 11:36 AM
The Sun's and the Jazz epitomizes the almost but never were.

Findog
10-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Hey Findog, why torture yourself like that. You seem like a good fan, so why not treat yourself to some success. (Whispering in Fin's ear), come on over to The Lake Show brother, we have beautiful women, star athletes, and we get to the title game to the equivelent of just about every other year. We could use a good troll like you brother... come join us at thelakernation.com?

Nah, I can't do that. I had the good fortune of growing up a Cowboys fan and witnessing three Superbowls, but being a bandwagoner never resonates in the same way as being a true believer.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 11:59 AM
You a Cowboy fan, well now I dont feel as sorry for you. You Cowboys fans are about as bad as us Laker fans. My best buddy is a Cowboy fan and I have to hear it from him every year, especially since Im a Raider fan.

The Raiders have had more success in the last ten years than the Cowboys have.

LEONARD
10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Mavs will shock the world and win the title this year...just wait...

hater
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Mavs will be fine. they will struggle a bit to make playoffs. But once in playoffs they will be dangerous. Same as spurs

I would love to see matchup of Lakers vs. Mavs in playoffs

SpursDynasty
10-29-2008, 12:54 PM
What is with all the talk of the Mavs/Suns being a disaster/failure in the playoffs? They might have not won a championship, but was anyone really expecting them to?

The Mavs were the underdogs in the 2006 Finals.
The Suns can't beat the Spurs.
The Mavs were again the underdogs in 2007 and 2008 vs. the Warriors and Hornets.

They are just fulfilling their role in the NBA. Not everyone can win a championship. It's like saying the Nuggets or the Hawks suck because they didn't win the championship. They weren't supposed to and no one ever expected them to. There are your great franchises like the Celtics, Spurs, and Pistons - then your underdog junior varsity clubs like the Mavericks, Suns, and Lakers who can make a couple of shots every now and then but crack under pressure.

monosylab1k
10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
What is with all the talk of the Mavs/Suns being a disaster/failure in the playoffs? They might have not won a championship, but was anyone really expecting them to?

The Mavs were again the underdogs in 2007 and 2008 vs. the Warriors and Hornets.

They are just fulfilling their role in the NBA. Not everyone can win a championship. It's like saying the Nuggets or the Hawks suck because they didn't win the championship. They weren't supposed to and no one ever expected them to. There are your great franchises like the Celtics, Spurs, and Pistons - then your underdog junior varsity clubs like the Mavericks, Suns, and Lakers who can make a couple of shots every now and then but crack under pressure.

:convertib

dirk4mvp
10-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I won't be surprised when the Mavs end up being a 4th seed.

LakeShow
10-29-2008, 01:38 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff306/hubble2016/e3m94.gif

OUCH!

Hemotivo
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM
:wow

z0sa
10-29-2008, 01:58 PM

oh damn.

Allanon
10-29-2008, 02:53 PM

I can guarantee you he won't be doing THAT dumb shit again. :lol

lefty
10-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Mavs will be better than most people think.

Carlisle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AJ

Findog
10-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I would love to see matchup of Lakers vs. Mavs in playoffs

Not me. Kobe owns the Mavs. Always has.

fitzgerald
10-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Findog, I am with you. It is the same players but different coach. So they will win a few more games from last year. Big deal. They will lose again in the playoffs because this team is shot. Mentally they are damaged and will not recover from the last several years. We should have replaced some or most of the core. We did nothing so don't expect anything. Our window is shut.

z0sa
10-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Not me. Kobe owns the Mavs. Always has.

The title of this thread is just comedic genius :lol

or just sadly ironic for mavfan

Findog
10-29-2008, 04:41 PM
The title of this thread is just comedic genius :lol

I do what I can. You can either laugh or cry if you're a Mavs fan. I've done plenty of both.

Findog
10-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Findog, I am with you. It is the same players but different coach. So they will win a few more games from last year. Big deal. They will lose again in the playoffs because this team is shot. Mentally they are damaged and will not recover from the last several years. We should have replaced some or most of the core. We did nothing so don't expect anything. Our window is shut.

Actually, I honestly don't know what to make of them this year. There's no way they're better than the Lakers, Hornets or Jazz. I think the Hornets could slip a little this year, they won't be sneaking up or surprising people this year. Not as dramatic a fallback as the Sonics from 05 to 06, I think they'll still be a 50+ win team, but I'm not sold on them as a championship-level team yet. That said, I think if everything breaks our way, we could end up with a top four seed. No injuries, Gerald Green plays in the regular season the way he did in the preseason, Antoine Wright continues to play like a rich man's Adrian Griffin, Josh returns to form, Kidd is utilized better than he was under Avery, this team could bounce back to around fourth in the West.

On the flip side, the West is just brutal. They could be better and yet not improve on the seventh seed from last year. And if they get off to a slow start and look to be treading water, Cuban could finally blow the team up.

I think best-case scenario is this team gets off to a good start and they get somebody good in a salary dump right before the trading deadline. I think we're one good player away, and in a dream world, we get that player to compete with LA, Utah and New Orleans.

z0sa
10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Actually, I honestly don't know what to make of them this year. There's no way they're better than the Lakers, Hornets or Jazz. I think the Hornets could slip a little this year, they won't be sneaking up or surprising people this year. Not as dramatic a fallback as the Sonics from 05 to 06, I think they'll still be a 50+ win team, but I'm not sold on them as a championship-level team yet. That said, I think if everything breaks our way, we could end up with a top four seed. No injuries, Gerald Green plays in the regular season the way he did in the preseason, Antoine Wright continues to play like a rich man's Adrian Griffin, Josh returns to form, Kidd is utilized better than he was under Avery, this team could bounce back to around fourth in the West.

On the flip side, the West is just brutal. They could be better and yet not improve on the seventh seed from last year. And if they get off to a slow start and look to be treading water, Cuban could finally blow the team up.

I think best-case scenario is this team gets off to a good start and they get somebody good in a salary dump right before the trading deadline. I think we're one good player away, and in a dream world, we get that player to compete with LA, Utah and New Orleans.

In honesty, no doubt ... but as tough as the West is, anyone who can get say a Gerald Wallace from teams 1-7 is suddenly a contender.

Findog
10-29-2008, 04:50 PM
In honesty, no doubt ... but as tough as the West is, anyone who can get say a Gerald Wallace from teams 1-7 is suddenly a contender.

Which is why it's kind of stupid to predict who is going to win the Finals right now. Who had the Lakers going to the Finals at this time last year? The Gasol trade changed everything.

If there's no major injuries or substantial player movement, I'd say Lakers over Cavs. But that's a ways off.

pauls931
10-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Trade Mark Cuban to the WWF, he'd make a kick ass manager there.

BUMP
10-29-2008, 04:58 PM
this team very eerily like the Eagles.

before the past 10 years we were irrelevant except for one season where we made it far kind of like that year where the Eagles went to a superbowl a long time ago. We've been a consistently tough team every year, we beat up on the bad teams giving the fans a false sense of hope, and then find a humiliating way to blow it in the end, and our fans look like classless douchebags in the process

monosylab1k
10-29-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm surprisingly optimistic about the upcoming season. Even though the GM dicked around all offseason and didn't do shit to help the team, I think I'm enjoying some of that Rick Carlisle Kool-Aid.

I see 55-60 wins and maybe even a trip to the WCF. And maybe more.

Findog
10-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm surprisingly optimistic about the upcoming season. Even though the GM dicked around all offseason and didn't do shit to help the team, I think I'm enjoying some of that Rick Carlisle Kool-Aid.

Phil Jackson's boyfriend also thinks the Mavs are a darkhorse:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/8711656/Who-could-prevent-a-Celtics-Lakers-reunion??CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=73

Long shot: The Dallas Mavericks, but only if Jason Kidd can recapture the rapture and guys like Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard and Jason Terry can convince the Wizard of Oz to do for them what he did for the Tin Man.

He gives the Mavs, along with the Hornets, Rockets, Spurs and Jazz, a shot at dethroning the Lakers as Western Conference Champs.

Findog
10-29-2008, 08:48 PM

Thank God you're back.

ratm1221
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM

Texas Chili Dog
10-29-2008, 11:17 PM

The Mavs were again the underdogs in 2007 vs. the Warriors

say whaaaa?

dallaskd
10-29-2008, 11:25 PM
61 wins, 2nd in the SW, NBA champs.

let's do this. fuck espn, fuck the haters, fuck the media.

We are so under the radar this season, I think that will help come playoff time. No pressure.

Lakers_55
10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
- then your underdog junior varsity clubs like the Mavericks, Suns, and Lakers who can make a couple of shots every now and then but crack under pressure.

http://blog.pharmalive.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/o_rly.jpg

I remember this shot in 2004....

http://www.badongo.com/t/640/4658581

Indazone
10-30-2008, 01:17 AM
We'll start with the Rockets beatdown of the Mavs lol

Tag
10-30-2008, 05:06 AM
Which is why it's kind of stupid to predict who is going to win the Finals right now. Who had the Lakers going to the Finals at this time last year? The Gasol trade changed everything.
We were on top before the Gasol trade.

Also:

3) To mount a serious challenge to Boston, the Detroit Pistons need a return to greatness by Chauncey Billups, anything from Antonio McDyess, some stalwart defense from Kwame Brown, a few jump shots from Jason Maxiell and the continued development of Rodney Stuckey. Above all else, the Pistons can only supplant the Celtics if Rasheed Wallace decides to bust his butt in every minute of every game.
:lol

dirk4mvp
10-30-2008, 10:03 PM
After that game, I'm in the mood for a KFC bowl.

sook
10-30-2008, 10:18 PM
wth it was just one game?

You guys looked smooth and hell of a lot more polished than last yr

IronMexican
10-30-2008, 10:19 PM
No need to take anything SD says seriously, 55' Lakers. I think he is Leonard's troll. They always seem to post right after each other. In the SD 2008-2009 Predictions thread, they posted in the same minute.

sribb43
10-30-2008, 10:57 PM
Carlisle is already equaling Avery's stupidity....small ball and stackouse:(

ElNono
10-30-2008, 11:20 PM

LOL, sure didn't take you long to change your mind.
At least JJ Barea didn't see any minutes...

monosylab1k
10-30-2008, 11:21 PM
LOL, sure didn't take you long to change your mind.
At least JJ Barea didn't see any minutes...

That Kool-Aid went dry when Stackhouse kept playing and playing and playing.

Lakers2009champs
10-30-2008, 11:53 PM
I really wanted Dallas to win tonight:bang

HATE THE ROCKETS:ihit

Many PackYao
10-31-2008, 01:50 AM
I really wanted Dallas to win tonight:bang

HATE THE ROCKETS:ihit
Why do you hate the Rockets?:depressed:p:

Findog
10-31-2008, 07:14 AM
wth it was just one game?

You guys looked smooth and hell of a lot more polished than last yr

I think from Mavfan's perspective, who the hell cares if we can beat the Grizz or Kevin Durant's team? The Rockets if healthy are a legitimate title contender, and they just went to another gear in the 4th Q that Dallas couldn't match. We're more likely to run into Houston in the playoffs, assuming we get there, than Minnesota or Sacramento.

Findog
10-31-2008, 08:56 AM
At least I got a Spur this offseason. I'm pretty proud of that, considering Mavfan is like a second-class citizen around here.

monosylab1k
10-31-2008, 09:03 AM
At least I got a Spur this offseason. I'm pretty proud of that, considering Mavfan is like a second-class citizen around here.

Yeah I was wondering how the hell you got that. You're the Jackie Robinson of Mavs fans on SpursTalk.

Findog
10-31-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah I was wondering how the hell you got
that. You're the Jackie Robinson of Mavs fans on SpursTalk.

It's from that thread in the political forum where Angel Luv earnestly speculates on whether or not Obama is in fact the anti-Christ. I emailed the link to Andrew Sullivan and he posted it on his blog, resulting in Spurstalk receiving the most traffic in its history.

monosylab1k
11-03-2008, 10:57 AM
so what do fellow mavs fans think of the rumor that the mavs are going after al harrington?

if the stack/bass for harrington rumors are true, i'd pull the trigger in an instant. stack is obviously a corpse and bass is good but it's looking like his ceiling as an nba player is a 8-10 ppg backup. Get rid of him while his stock is still high around the league.

Red Hawk #21
11-03-2008, 11:16 AM
so what do fellow mavs fans think of the rumor that the mavs are going after al harrington?

if the stack/bass for harrington rumors are true, i'd pull the trigger in an instant. stack is obviously a corpse and bass is good but it's looking like his ceiling as an nba player is a 8-10 ppg backup. Get rid of him while his stock is still high around the league.

If those rumors are true then the Mavs are on the right track, if they got al Harrington they would be a really really good team. They're good now but if they do that deal and improve their Defense they will be championship contenders.

They would look something like this :
PG Jason Kidd Jason Terry
SG Josh Howard Jason Terry Gerald Green
SF Al Harrington Gerald Green
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Damp Diop

The problem with this trade is that they would lose a hell of a backup in Brandon Bass. And if J-Ho moves to SG players like Green and Wright won't get enough minutes to develop properly. And who would be Dirk's backup after the trade?

stretch
11-03-2008, 12:00 PM
If those rumors are true then the Mavs are on the right track, if they got al Harrington they would be a really really good team. They're good now but if they do that deal and improve their Defense they will be championship contenders.

They would look something like this :
PG Jason Kidd Jason Terry
SG Josh Howard Jason Terry Gerald Green
SF Al Harrington Gerald Green
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Damp Diop

The problem with this trade is that they would lose a hell of a backup in Brandon Bass. And if J-Ho moves to SG players like Green and Wright won't get enough minutes to develop properly. And who would be Dirk's backup after the trade?

I think either Green or Wright would be starting, and Harrington would be backup SF/PF. A great spark off the bench, fits the offensive system extremely well, gives us more rebounding and versatility all over the court.

Red Hawk #21
11-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I think either Green or Wright would be starting, and Harrington would be backup SF/PF. A great spark off the bench, fits the offensive system extremely well, gives us more rebounding and versatility all over the court.

There's no point in him coming off the bench in Dallas, one of the main reasons he is angry with Nellie is because he is coming off the bench. He thinks he is better than a bench player and I think he is right. If he gets traded to Dallas and then ends up on the bench again then he may get frustrated again.

sribb43
11-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Dude has been playing 40+ min in GS this season and wants to be traded...if he isnt happy there he wont be happy anywhere. Stay away from Big AL

Findog
11-03-2008, 12:12 PM

Harrington does nothing for me. I'd like to trade Stack's contract and Bassy for Mike Miller. The Mavs should be patient and wait on Mike Miller. The Wolves will try to deal him once it becomes apparent they don't have the horses to compete the for the eighth seed.

monosylab1k
11-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Harrington does nothing for me. I'd like to trade Stack's contract and Bassy for Mike Miller. The Mavs should be patient and wait on Mike Miller. The Wolves will try to deal him once it becomes apparent they don't have the horses to compete the for the eighth seed.

I like me some Mike Miller but there's only so many SG minutes. If The Gerald Green Project is a failure I'd go with Miller, but if Gerald plays himself into a starting role, we have no need for another shooting guard. What we need is more versatility at forward, and Harrington would give us that, along with an offensive threat who can play a little bit of center as well.

Plus, it's took Josh all of half a game to revert back from a slasher to a step back jump shooting chucker who is hardly worth a shit. We may need a new SF.