PDA

View Full Version : Bynum outrebounded by Fisher???

xellos88330
10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Andrew Bynum had 3 rebounds in 28 minutes???

Derek Fisher had 5 rebounds in 25 minutes??? :lol

The big man did have 3 blocks though. I just think that its funny when a rebounder is outrebounded by a tiny "old" guard.

Medvedenko
10-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Weird game and I believe Kobe had the high in rebounds on both teams.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
It's not like Kobe was out there stealing rebounds from teammates either. He had like 9 in the first half. With all those clanged jumpers from the Blazers it just meant more long rebounds for the Laker guards.

ElNono
10-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Weird game and I believe Kobe had the high in rebounds on both teams.

I watched 3 quarters and Bynum sucked bad. I'm glad you guys didn't give him all that money he was asking for. After last night's performance, he's got a lot to prove.

xellos88330
10-29-2008, 12:07 PM
I watched 3 quarters and Bynum sucked bad. I'm glad you guys didn't give him all that money he was asking for. After last night's performance, he's got a lot to prove.

I watched the whole game and he has no jumper. With all of the bricks Portland was laying I was thinking that Bynum would have like 14 rebounds at the end of the night. I agree with ElNono. The kid has a ton to prove, and last night didnt help his case any.

Trainwreck2100
10-29-2008, 12:25 PM
ANDREW MOTHERFUCKlN BYNUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

honestfool84
10-29-2008, 12:41 PM
my favorite play was when oden blocked the heck out of bynum.

hater
10-29-2008, 12:42 PM
so he's not the next Kareem anymore?

honestfool84
10-29-2008, 12:47 PM

:lol

i won't lie, the thought of him with the lakers has scared me.
and he probably just had a bad night.
but this game took away a lot of those fears.

dbreiden83080
10-29-2008, 12:49 PM

Wilt ain't got shit on Bynum...

honestfool84
10-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Wilt ain't got shit on Bynum...

-_-

pauls931
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Makes you wonder who's more over hyped. Bynum or Oden this season?

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
He showed flashes, but so does Kwame.

dbreiden83080
10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
So does this mean Bynum doesn't get his 80 mil yet?? :lol

urunobili
10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
wrong place to open this thread it should be on the Basketball News Central on the Spurs section

honestfool84
10-29-2008, 01:26 PM
wrong place to open this thread it should be on the Basketball News Central on the Spurs section

you're probably right, but i don't mind it.
personally, i just bookmark spurstalk, the spurs section, and just read that - i hardly ever go into other sections; had this been posted there, i wouldn't have known about it.

urunobili
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
you're probably right, but i don't mind it.
personally, i just bookmark spurstalk, the spurs section, and just read that - i hardly ever go into other sections; had this been posted there, i wouldn't have known about it.

ok... so if you want to know stuff NON spurs related you can go there... i don;t truly give a fuck if Fisher grabbed more rebounds than Bynum... and it being on this section just distracts my view as i am here to read about the Spurs not the Lakers...

nkdlunch
10-29-2008, 01:32 PM
:lol 3 rebounds in 28 minutes

Stevie Blake outrebounded Bynum

z0sa
10-29-2008, 02:27 PM
:lol 3 rebounds in 28 minutes

Stevie Blake outrebounded Bynum

BUT ANY TEAM IN THE NBA WOULD PAY HIM $86 MILLION[/lakerfan]

Allanon
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Yah, Bynum sucked last night, relatively speaking. 8 points, 3 blks, 3 rbds in 28 minutes ain't terrible but I am hoping for alot more from him.

Obstructed View does have a point, there were lots of long rebounds off long shots last night as the Blaze couldn't get to the rim.

Hopefully tonight, against Chris Kaman, Bynum will tear it up again.

z0sa
10-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Yah, Bynum sucked last night, relatively speaking. 8 points, 3 blks, 3 rbds in 28 minutes ain't terrible but I am hoping for alot more from him.

Excuse you, 8pts, 3blks, 3rebs IS terrible when its a blowout AND the other team's starting center is hobbled nearly the whole time he plays, which didnt include the second half.

This guy is not worth 80 mil, sorry.

Obstructed View does have a point, there were lots of long rebounds off long shots last night as the Blaze couldn't get to the rim.

Hopefully tonight, against Chris Kaman, Bynum will tear it up again.

A hobbled Oden was too much for him to handle?

Point taken on the long boards, but if you want the max, you find a way to get 7-8 every night, especially during a blowout. He should have scored 20 and grabbed 10 to be sitting by fourth quarter like Kobe.

Galileo
10-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Lakers are overrated, Bynam is overrated.

TheMadHatter
10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
I'd rather have Bynum than no-Bynum. His mere presence alone has made our defense markedly better.

nkdlunch
10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
I'd rather have Bynum than no-Bynum. His mere presence alone has made our defense markedly better.

that's the same thing lakerfan used to say about Kwame :lol

Allanon
10-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Excuse you, 8pts, 3blks, 3rebs IS terrible when its a blowout AND the other team's starting center is hobbled nearly the whole time he plays, which didnt include the second half.
There was alot of hype for Bynum this year and he underperformed to the hype.

But I think 8 pts, 3 blcks and 3 rbds, is an OK line except for the rbds. It's mediocre for Centers these days.

This guy is not worth 80 mil, sorry.

I think it's too early to say yes or no.

A hobbled Oden was too much for him to handle?

Point taken on the long boards, but if you want the max, you find a way to get 7-8 every night, especially during a blowout.

It's a weird pace that the Blazers have, it's not fast, it's not slow. Shots clang hard, etc. It's an odd team and the game felt out of sync alot of the time.

He should have scored 20 and grabbed 10 to be sitting by fourth quarter like Kobe.

Yup, I agree.

nkdlunch
10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
But I think 8 pts, 3 blcks and 3 rbds, is an OK line except for the rbds. It's mediocre for Centers these days.

wow what a homer.

THose #s are fucking terrible for a starting center making 80 mil. :bang

Allanon
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
wow what a homer.

THose #s are fucking terrible for a starting center making 80 mil. :bang

He is a Starter but Bynum doesn't make $80 million.

For what Bynum makes, those numbers would be awesome.

Bynum's only crime is not living up to the hype in his first game of the season.

Medvedenko
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Seriously, it's the first game and the lakers have a lot of weapons on this team. Abomb will be back, I have no doubt and as long as he's on the roster we're a lot better on the Defense and his offense will definitely come. There's going to be games where Pau barely scores 10 points and we'll still win handidly.

Allanon
10-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Also, to show you how weird last night was:

Kobe's leading the NBA in Rebounds
Vladmir Radmanovic is leading the NBA in Steals

Talk about oddball stuff:
http://www.nba.com/statistics/

z0sa
10-29-2008, 03:26 PM
He is a Starter but Bynum doesn't make $80 million.

For what Bynum makes, those numbers would be awesome.

Bynum's only crime is not living up to the hype in his first game of the season.

Dude, he didnt even wanna practice hard in training camp, acting like going through the motions is something the vets just stop. This guy should be berated and put in whatever form of Pop's doghouse yall got over there until he decides to come play.

I mean this unbiasedly. He wants 80 mil, okay fine, but you gotta put up or shut up son.

Allanon
10-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I mean this unbiasedly. He wants 80 mil, okay fine, but you gotta put up or shut up son.

Agreed. He played like a $30 million center, not an $80 million center.

mrspurs
10-29-2008, 04:24 PM
its the presence that scares away. sometimes thats better the rebounds.

xellos88330
10-29-2008, 05:21 PM

If this thread upset you, I apologize. However, I believe that there are quite a few posters here that are curious about his performance due to the potential threat he could be against the Spurs in both the regular season or playoffs. I figured that I would post it here since it may not concern the Spurs directly, but it still concerns them.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Bynum only has to basically do what Oberto/Thomas do for the Spurs. The Lakers have enough weapons that he won't have to be the goto guy.

That being said, I'm hoping that the media folks placing him as one of the top 2 or 3 centers in the league will all have to eat their words.

SequSpur
10-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Andrew Bynum had 3 rebounds in 28 minutes???

Derek Fisher had 5 rebounds in 25 minutes??? :lol

The big man did have 3 blocks though. I just think that its funny when a rebounder is outrebounded by a tiny "old" guard.

yeah and they won by 20. big fuckin deal.

LA24
10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
big fuckin deal.

Thank you.

This is his first real game since coming back from knee surgery.
Amare didn't look so sharp his first few months back as well.

SpursDynasty
10-29-2008, 07:22 PM
No one's expecting Bynum to do anything. And He didn't.

LakerLanny
10-30-2008, 11:34 PM

Thank God the Lakers brain trust doesn't listen to you.

ABomb got his money today and is well worth every penny.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2008, 01:10 AM
I'm going to just say that Bynum looked ok. He didn't play most of last season, so of COURSE he's going to have a lot of growing pains. It doesn't matter how talented you are, unless you are an absolute freak, you don't step into the NBA (or fall in Oden's case) and just start dominating.

So what if Bynum is overpriced? Even if he's only a serviceable big, which I have a feeling he's going to be a little better than that, the Lakers are still wicked. And they're already playing like a team.

TheMadHatter
10-31-2008, 01:20 AM
12 pts, 10 rebounds, 57% FG and 3 blocks against the Clippers in 25 minutes.

Like I said before, Andrew will be fine. He just had a bad 1st game, probably too nervous. I love how Spurs fans act like they know how this kid is going to turn out after 1 game, Andrew is a future star in this league with the potential to be damn good. The sky is the limit for him if he stays injury free.

Obstructed_View
10-31-2008, 02:23 AM
12 pts, 10 rebounds, 57% FG and 3 blocks against the Clippers in 25 minutes.

Like I said before, Andrew will be fine. He just had a bad 1st game, probably too nervous. I love how Spurs fans act like they know how this kid is going to turn out after 1 game, Andrew is a future star in this league with the potential to be damn good. The sky is the limit for him if he stays injury free.

I love how Laker fans act like he's going to the hall of fame after two games, fifty percent of which were bad.

manufor3
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
I love how Laker fans act like he's going to the hall of fame after two games, fifty percent of which were bad.

thank you

Allanon
10-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Give Bynum a couple more games. He's improving quite a bit from pre-season 'til now.

Chris Kaman is one of the better Centers in the NBA, he was quite ineffective against Bynum the other night. Bynum's major problem now is getting playing time, with the blowouts so far, he's not getting enough burn time. With the relatively easy November schedule, there's going to be quite a few blowouts.

Once he hits his groove, there's no stopping Bynum.