PDA

View Full Version : **OFFICIAL** SpursDynasty '08-'09 Predictions Thread

LEONARD
10-29-2008, 12:24 PM
In honor of last season’s thread…
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79055

It’s time to continue the rich tradition of tracking the incomparable SpursDynasty and his glorious predictions…

I kick it off with some of his recent hot sports opinions...copy/paste them here throughout the season...

10/16

Greg Oden isn't doing anything this year

10/16

When is Shaq going to learn that he can't beat the Spurs without Kobe?

10/17

I don't really expect the Lakers to do anything this year. And I didn't last year. And they didn't do anything.

10/19

If not the Spurs, then who? I don't see any team in the West that's ready to make a Finals run other than the Spurs. The Hornets? They'd have to be better than last year to do it, and they're not getting better than last year. The Lakers? Not happening. They are the most overrated team around. Mavericks and Suns? No explanation needed. We've gotten younger. That's what we needed to do, right? We keep the guys that matter (TD, TP, Manu, Bowen) and got younger.

10/20

Even without the Jason Kidd trade, the Mavs would have been out of the playoffs in the second round. No team with Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard, and Jason Terry as it's core players will ever win a championship.

10/24

The Lakers can't "remain" the best in the West when they were never the best to begin with! What exactly did they accomplish last season? Win one more regular season game than the Spurs and have a cakewalk to the WCF's? Then face a drained Spurs team who drew a 55-win team in the first round and a 56-win team in the second round while the Lakers played the Nuggets and Jazz. The Spurs got screwed by an NBA-acknowledged missed call in Game 4. In the NBA one missed call or one play can completely change the course of an entire series.

I'm sorry but these Lakers are still a joke. If they were really the best in the West, then that means they were the best in the NBA and they clearly weren't. Just another failed Finals trip for a team that got handed the playoffs. I still don't see what is the big deal about this team. It's still Kobe and a bunch of no-names. Pau Gasol? Andrew Bynum? Is everyone realizing the names on the roster of the team that's getting so much attention? It's more about the name on the front of their jerseys than the names on the back of their jerseys. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck could be on the Lakers and everyone would pick them as the favorites to win it all.

And I'm sorry but the Hornets (fluke season last year) and Rockets (STILL not out of the first round with McGrady and Yao) are NOT going to do anything this year.

10/25

If the Lakers, Hornets, and Rockets are the supposedly new powers in the West, then the Spurs have nothing to worry about.

Seriously, what the hell have the Hornets and Lakers accomplished? All I've seen them do is make shots....no skill required for that.

10/26

I don't see any team in the West that poses a real threat to the Spurs. Kobe has failed in his last two Finals, Andrew Bynum has had one good month in his career. The Hornets won't even win 50 games this season.

10/27

Over the last 2 seasons Andrew Bynum has averaged about 10 points a game. Big deal.

Blah, blah, blah. I'm still failing to see why any Western Conference team other than the Spurs has what it takes to win the championship. Kobe can't win a championship without Shaq, and Bynum is no Shaq.

SpursDynasty
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Looks like two predictions are already on the way to being true.

In last night's highly anticipated Oden/Bynum match-up:

Andrew Bynum: 3 rebounds and 8 points
Greg Oden: 5 rebounds and 0 points

I can see how these two are going to do so damage in the West. Good going, NBA for giving the world a shit match-up on opening night.

Hemotivo
10-29-2008, 01:11 PM
so.......

he was right?

:reading

pauls931
10-29-2008, 01:13 PM
My prediction. NO and Lakers in the conf finals. NO gets by and loses to the Celts. David stern kills himself because the lakers don't win a championship.

LEONARD
10-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Looks like two predictions are already on the way to being true.

In last night's highly anticipated Oden/Bynum match-up:

Andrew Bynum: 3 rebounds and 8 points
Greg Oden: 5 rebounds and 0 points

I can see how these two are going to do so damage in the West. Good going, NBA for giving the world a shit match-up on opening night.

If there is one thing I've learned about watching the NBA it's that you can multiply stats from game 1 x 82 and call it good... :lol (referring to Bynum...who knows about Oden now)

Red Hawk #21
10-29-2008, 01:59 PM
"Seriously, what the hell have the Hornets and Lakers accomplished? All I've seen them do is make shots....no skill required for that."

lol

LEONARD
10-29-2008, 06:12 PM
lol

Stick around...it'll get better...notice the quote in my sig? :lol

LEONARD
10-30-2008, 02:42 PM
10-29-08

No one's expecting Bynum to do anything. And He didn't.

this isn't a prediction, just some typical SD gold...

I didn't notice anything drastically different tonight about this team and the championship Spurs teams, other than Manu wasn't out there. Without Manu and Oberto, we can't expect the Spurs to play earth shattering ball.

Besides, the Suns didn't do anything spectacular tonight. They just made their shots and we didn't. Nothing special.

Just shooting and making some shots, which doesn't take any skill!!! :lol

Medvedenko
10-30-2008, 02:57 PM
SD is gold...just making posts he should at this point of the year.

LEONARD
10-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Congrats to SD for losing his pink name! Looks like we'll be getting bombed with SD threads now...

Mavs prediction: no more than 44 games!!

10/30/08

Nothing surprising about tonight's game. The Rockets are not a great team by any means, but by this point no one should expect Dallas to win more than 44 games this year.

and a Lakers prediction...

10/30/08

You mean the Hornets who choked in Game 7 last year and the Lakers who choked in the Finals? Kobe can't win a championship without Shaq. Kobe has failed in his last two NBA Finals (against the weak East), why would this year be any different? And I'm sure beating the Blazers and Clippers means a lot this early in the season.

I predict about a 52-30 record the Lakers, 2nd round exit.

LEONARD
10-31-2008, 02:33 PM
The one we've been waiting for...

10/31/08

1. 59-23 Spurs - We were the oldest team last season. We needed to get younger. We got younger. Sure, no new superstars, but we can't ask for more than already having 3 legitimate All-Stars on the team. TD, TP, Bowen, and Manu are still here. Once again experience will carry us. Unless Horry had another big shot left in him, we won't necessarily miss his 2.5 points a game. The guy's a legend and has more rings than Jordan, but his time has passed. Barry played only 31 games for us and gave us 7.1 points a game. Seriously guys, why is this year's team worse than any previous years?

2. 56-26 Hornets - These guys are a regular season team and more or less will finish with the same record as last season. Out in 2nd round. We'll see Chris Paul flop his way to at least 1/3 of his scoring average. A couple of alley oops with Tyson Chandler, a couple of jump shots from David West...They'll be out in the 2nd round vs. a team like Utah or so.

3. 55-27 Jazz - Not much to say here other than this is a solid team. They don't get as much love from the refs as New Orleans, so they'll finish slightly behind.

4. 53-29 Suns - I put these guys this high simply because there aren't any other teams besides SA, NO, and Utah that are better. They should make the most of Shaq while he's still there. They beat us already but without our starting center and Manu. Not much to make of that yet.

5. 52-30 Lakers - This team had to have Derek Fisher ask Utah to release him from his contract so he could concentrate on his daughter...then run to LA and join the team. Utah fans are right to boo Fisher every time he steps into that arena. Then the Gasol deal. Sorry, but I still don't see the big deal about this team. This is a team that LOST the Finals, including a 39-point loss in Game 6. Yet this team is getting more love than the actual champs. This team has one legitimate All-Star in Kobe. The rest are filler.

5. 44-38 Mavericks - Again, this is a regular season team that used to win 60+ games, but now that they have Jason Kidd, they're a regular season team that wins 44 games.

7. 43-39 Rockets

8. 42-40 Warriors - There aren't anymore non-junk teams left in the West past these guys. I still don't know what to expect out of this team. Baron Davis is gone but Corey Maggette is now on the team.

LEONARD
11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
11/2

Kobe doesn't like Andrew Bynum enough to let him be a 20 ppg scorer.

11/2

The West lacks any great teams outside of SA and Utah.

LEONARD
11-05-2008, 12:47 PM
some aren't predictions...make this a "predictions / genius" thread...

10/3 before Mavs game

Easy W tonight

after Mavs game

The Spurs just missed their shots tonight. Sometimes they don't go down. No big deal.

I still don't see the big deal about the Spurs being 0-3. So what. WGAS. The real season begins once Manu comes back.

Pau Gasol has never been that good. I have yet to see him do anything for the Lakers.

Purple & Gold
11-05-2008, 11:09 PM
SD has always been one of my favorite posters on here :tu\

Pure comedy gold :lol :lol

BlackSwordsMan
11-06-2008, 12:09 AM
The one we've been waiting for...

10/31/08

lol@ #7

LEONARD
11-07-2008, 03:17 PM
11/6

Andrew Bynum = Bust
8.3 ppg for the Lakers? $58 million for 4 years for that? Bust.

11/7/08

LA vs. Houston Sunday will be a junk game. Both suck.

LEONARD
11-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Dallas is done after 6 games
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109297

Jazz are done after 6 games
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109298

but the Spurs will be fine!!!
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109278

:lol

Allanon
11-10-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm starting to enjoy you two more than the Mav vs Rocket fans threads.

turiaf for president
11-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Dallas is done after 6 games
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109297

Jazz are done after 6 games
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109298

but the Spurs will be fine!!!
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109278

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin

LEONARD
11-11-2008, 09:13 AM
11/11

The Spurs will return come December.

Dallas and Houston have just been two imitators who have relied on the lucky shot during the regular season, then take a first round exit in the postseason. Houston has not been out of the first round with Yao/McGrady, Dallas has not been out of the first round since 2006, meanwhile S.A. has been out of the first round 8 consecutive postseasons.

So there really was never a Texas Triangle, just the Spurs and two junk teams in Houston and Dallas.

The Mavs are not a great team, but they can beat the Lakers. The two teams are basically one star (Kobe and Dirk) plus a bunch of role players (Gasol, Odom, Howard, Terry).

LEONARD
11-12-2008, 09:27 AM
11/11

Atlanta is the best team in the league. They are undefeated and I just checked team stats and they are 2nd in the league in opponents' points per game. They are also 2nd in point differential. They are 3rd in opponents' field goal percentage. They are 3rd best in defending the 3-pt shot.

Say what you want about the Lakers but the Hawks have had more impressive wins.

11/11, Atlanta vs Boston prediction

Easy W for Atlanta.

LEONARD
11-12-2008, 12:48 PM
11/12 - Lakers - Hornets preDICKtion

This is arguably the first time this season that the Lakers will face a competitive team. I predict they lose. 106-99.

Gino
11-12-2008, 12:58 PM
11/12 - Lakers - Hornets preDICKtion

You should edit your original post to include all new predictions.

Bender
11-12-2008, 01:06 PM
don't know where the LEONARD vs SpursDynasty animosity comes from.... :lol

I also can't tell if SD's comments such as "they just made some shots... big deal" are supposed to be humorous, or he is really mentally-challenged.

LEONARD
11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
You should edit your original post to include all new predictions.

Nope, running tally so we can see them all throughout the season :hat

don't know where the LEONARD vs SpursDynasty animosity comes from.... :lol

I also can't tell if SD's comments such as "they just made some shots... big deal" are supposed to be humorous, or he is really mentally-challenged.

Animosity? I love me some SD...he's a genius...

He's not being humorous...draw your own conclusions from there...

nkdlunch
11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
spursdynasty is one dumb mofo but I gotta admit this is kinda funny:

The Lakers can't "remain" the best in the West when they were never the best to begin with! What exactly did they accomplish last season? Win one more regular season game than the Spurs and have a cakewalk to the WCF's? Then face a drained Spurs team who drew a 55-win team in the first round and a 56-win team in the second round while the Lakers played the Nuggets and Jazz. The Spurs got screwed by an NBA-acknowledged missed call in Game 4. In the NBA one missed call or one play can completely change the course of an entire series.

I'm sorry but these Lakers are still a joke. If they were really the best in the West, then that means they were the best in the NBA and they clearly weren't. Just another failed Finals trip for a team that got handed the playoffs. I still don't see what is the big deal about this team. It's still Kobe and a bunch of no-names. Pau Gasol? Andrew Bynum? Is everyone realizing the names on the roster of the team that's getting so much attention? It's more about the name on the front of their jerseys than the names on the back of their jerseys. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck could be on the Lakers and everyone would pick them as the favorites to win it all.

And I'm sorry but the Hornets (fluke season last year) and Rockets (STILL not out of the first round with McGrady and Yao) are NOT going to do anything this year.

IronMexican
11-12-2008, 03:10 PM
spursdynasty is one dumb mofo but I gotta admit this is kinda funny:

:lmao:lmao:lmao That mickey mouse and Donal Duck line had me rolling.

LEONARD
11-13-2008, 01:18 PM
11/12...big prediction!!

I fully expect the Hawks to come out of the East this year. Spurs vs. Hawks 2009 NBA Finals

and a wrong prediction...

This is arguably the first time this season that the Lakers will face a competitive team. I predict they lose. 106-99.

and another whiff...for Hawks-Celtics...

Easy W for Atlanta.

I'm going to quit my job and start betting the opposite of SD's picks...can probably retire in a couple years...

SpursDynasty
11-13-2008, 08:00 PM
Boston had to win within the last 0.5 second of the game. That's an Atlanta W to me.

sook
11-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Boston had to win within the last 0.5 second of the game. That's an Atlanta W to me.

yea, thats what i was thinking...atlanta looks real impressive

ginobili's bald spot
11-13-2008, 10:21 PM
:lmao This thread is classic.

LEONARD
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
I expect this to pretty much be a 15+ point victory for New Orleans. Houston will drop to a .500 team from this point on and won't be expected to do much. It's time to trade McGrady and Yao and rebuild.

OOPS!! :lol

Whiniest little bitch ever... :lol

LEONARD
11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
11/17

Easy W for the Thunder.

oops
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008111725

My bodog count is growing like never before with my new pick the opposite of SD philosophy... :lol

LEONARD
11-19-2008, 04:21 PM
HSO's on LeBron...

LeBron James is a fluke and a bust.

I'm just wondering why does everyone give a damn about where LeBron goes? He's already in an easy conference and hasn't won a championship. He could go to the Nets, Mavericks, Knicks, he'll never get to a championship-caliber team because they wouldn't have the money for him. He will never win a championship.

and a preDICKtion on tonight's Spurs game...I'm betting heaving on Denver!! :hat

Easy W coming up and we'll be 6-5. Just don't allow any BS shots from Denver.

LEONARD
11-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Tonight will be one of the rare occasions of me rooting for Dallas. I'm tired of Houston's BS and I hope McGrady, Yao, and Artest stay injured for the rest of the season.

Go Mavs.

Mavs 110, Rockets 93 tonight

LEONARD
11-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Lakers suck...Spurs will sweep the regular season series against them this year...

Why aren't some of these teams taking it to the Lakers? There are plenty of teams (including Phoenix tonight) that are more talented and better than the Lakers. Why are teams repeatedly not showing up to play against them? Are Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Jordan Farmar really that intimidating? Why are they playing scared? It's like the 2006-2007 BS we saw with the Mavs. They were making their shots, shooting the ball well, and had most teams play like junk against them. It took a team that barely got the 8th seed to just go out there and play some real basketball, to get rid of them.

Maybe they have to play Boston (as in the 2008 Finals) or Detroit (as in last week) for everyone to see how average they are.

I will say it right now: when the Lakers play the Spurs in January, they will not win. In fact, the Spurs will sweep the season series against the Lakers.

It's time for the league to step up against these jokers.

LEONARD
11-25-2008, 09:20 AM
LEO, OUT... :hat

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Since we'll sweep the season series with L.A. this season, we can afford to be a few games behind for now.

You mean the Clippers right? :lol

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 01:01 PM
12/20

I guess the Lakers had a good 2 month regular season run. Boston will blow them out on Christmas, the bandwagon will end. 5 more days and this team will be looking to rebuild/trade.

12/22/08

The Lakers are done Christmas Day. Aside from Boston being 92-18 over its last 110 regular season games, and aside from being the NBA champions, the Lakers suck.

oops!

LEONARD
12-27-2008, 01:30 PM
12/10

Spurs are the favorites to win the championship

Actually, they're not...

12/10

Suns will win this one tonight. Glad to see the Lakers actually having to EARN their wins, and not just have every game handed to them by the officials.

OOPS
http://www.2news.tv/news/local/36747684.html

12/12

I'm calling it now: The Kings will beat the Lakers

Beno > Kobe

OOPS
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008121213

12/14

The rest of December after New Orleans is a cupcake schedule. New Orleans, Orlando, Toronto, Sacramento, Minnesota, Phoenix, Memphis, and Milwaukee. We could be 23-8 by the beginning of the new year.

OOPS...and to the fluke / wasted draft pick Dwight Howard no less...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2008121819

12/17

The Lakers aren't that good

LEONARD
12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
12/27

We need a Spurs win and a Rockets loss tonight to help our SW division standing.

Jazz 116 Rockets 72 tonight.

OOPS
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008122710

hater
12-29-2008, 06:03 PM
I gotta say, most of his predictions are turning out to be true

LEONARD
12-29-2008, 06:27 PM

Say wha??? :lol

Chieflion
12-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I kind of agree with some of the predictions, but lets just leave it at that.

LEONARD
12-31-2008, 07:53 AM
12/30

Easy W tonight. All we need to do is make our shots. When we make our shots and the other team doesn't, we always win. When we don't make our shots, we lose. Milwaukee won the last game on a couple of lucky bounces. Let's get a 20+ point blowout...put this one away by halftime.

OOPS!!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AlSy.k5iT9updzkjgkE2ZbyQvLYF?gid=200 8123024

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

LEONARD
12-31-2008, 07:54 AM
12/30

The Lakers this year are expected to be about 50-32 or so.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

LEONARD
12-31-2008, 07:56 AM
12/30

The Celtics are officially a second-tier team.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Chieflion
12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Your obsession with SpursDynasty is beyond everyone combined.

LEONARD
12-31-2008, 09:27 AM
It's my bit response to his bit...

DubMcDub
12-31-2008, 01:30 PM

Except for the small fact that essentially none of them have been true. :lol

Still and all, the guy is clearly doing a bit, and he's damn good at it. It's been the funniest thing on this board for a good 2-3 years running.

LEONARD
12-31-2008, 02:21 PM
Except for the small fact that essentially none of them have been true. :lol

Still and all, the guy is clearly doing a bit, and he's damn good at it. It's been the funniest thing on this board for a good 2-3 years running.

From PM's with SD yesterday...

Seriously dude...why the bit?

What bit

Your bit

I post my opinions, there's no bit.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

LEONARD
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM
12/31

Rankings are based on how each of the top 9 seeds in the West have fared against each other. Utah is included because they will be a playoff team by the end of the regular season, and Portland or Houston won't.

1. Spurs (20-11) - To start the season injury-ridden and still be 20-11 says a lot about this team that has won 3 of the last 6 NBA championships. We are 5-6 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Not too bad once you take injuries and bullshit losses into account. Utah has had injuries, but once you factor in the Spurs injuries, it evens out so we can count our win against Utah as significant.

This team is a lot better than its record indicates. What if Duncan's 3 to tie the game with 8 seconds left in our season opener vs. Phoenix goes in? What if Finley's would-be game-winning shot at the end of the Portland game goes in? What if Duncan's shot to tie it with 5 seconds to go in the first meeting with Milwaukee goes in? What if we hold on to our lead in the 4th against the Hornets, and not let David West hit some bullshit jumpers in the 4th? What if Duncan's shot last night, also with about 5 seconds to go that would have tied it against Milwaukee, goes in? We've had at least those 5 bullshit losses this season, we could be 25-6 right now if things went our way.

2. Hornets (19-9) - I'm still undecided on whether these guys are contenders. They have lost twice to the Lakers, a team that everyone should be beating easily. But they are 6-4 vs. the top 9 records in the West, so for now I rank them as the 2nd best team in the West. But still, they looked downright pathetic vs. the Lakers and then the Magic on Christmas day. Losing to Orlando, they shouldn't even DESERVE to make the playoffs just for that. Oh well.

3. Jazz (19-14) - I put these guys here because I don't think any other team in the league has faced the injuries that these guys have, yet they are 5-3 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Boozer has missed 21 games, Deron Williams has missed 13, and Okur has missed 8. For them to still be 19-14 after 33 games is remarkable. No one outside of SA is messing with this team if they get healthy at least by the second half of the season. Also, I put them here for kicking Portland's pretender ass twice already. Good job Utah.

4. Lakers (25-5) - I only put them this high because they are 10-0 vs. the top 9 Western Conference teams. Losses to the Pacers, Kings, Heat, and Magic don't help and show that this team can easily fold once calls don't go their way. And this is a team that's been fully healthy (their starters and key guys, not scrubs like Jordan Farmar or whoever) all season, so even though they are 10-0 vs. the top 9 West teams, it's because other teams have had injuries. They haven't had to face the Spurs or Jazz yet. Get ready Lakers, you will have to earn your wins vs. those two teams, not get handed victories by playing against bullshit defense.

5. Suns (18-12) - These guys probably shouldn't be this high, but I give them props for also beating the Blazers twice. They've also had some adjusting to do with the Richardson trade and Bell and Diaw on the way out, so a 5-9 record against the the top 9 West teams is excusable for now. Not much else to say other than a team with Steve Nash, Amare, and Shaq should probably be a better team than this right now since they supposedly aren't a run and gun jump shooting team anymore. The most losses against the top 9 West teams, they should be happy I'm ranking them this high.

6. Nuggets (20-12) - I haven't really kept track of their record before and after the Billups trade. They looked pretty solid after the Billups trade, though I haven't watched them much. Losing to the Lakers twice gets them this low ranking though, even with a 20-12 overall record, 5-8 against the top 9 West teams. They did beat Boston, which helps.

7. Mavericks (19-12) - Again, another team that is back and forth, sucking one night then coming back from a 29 point deficit the next night. Josh Howard needs to go. Stackhouse won't even play, and Jason Terry is an idiot. I don't see much hope for this team other than probably getting the 7th seed and a rematch with the Hornets in the first round. This team only shows up to play against the Spurs. Oh well, at least they are good for thriller games once in a while. Only 4-7 vs. the top 9 West teams.

8. Blazers (20-12) - I honestly don't see what the big deal about this team is. As much as everyone has been talking about them, it's a a team that's been fully healthy for 99% of the season, yet they are only 5-8 vs. the top 9 West teams. They lost to the Lakers (if you lose to the Lakers, you're not good, right?), twice to the Suns, and twice to the Jazz. They've also lost to the Hornets, Nuggets, and Mavericks. Yeah, not so sure about this team. 8th seed at best and a first round sweep loss. I don't care if they beat the Celtics or if LaMarcus Aldridge cheap shotted Garnett from behind, this team is and always will be soft. If I was a Portland fan I'd rather see Rasheed and the "Jail Blazers" of old, not this Greg Oden and Brandon Roy softy team.

9. Rockets (20-12) - So now McGrady is going to sit out of half of back-to-backs? I've never heard anything as ridiculous in my life. McGrady, aside from LeBron James and Dwight Howard, is the single most overrated athlete to ever set foot on a basketball court. I would take Jacque Vaughan, Muggsy Bogues, or Cherokee Parks before McGrady on my team. This team has to be the biggest letdown in the NBA for their fans. For Houston fans, going up 2-0 in the playoffs doesn't matter because they know their team will choke it away as in 2005 and 2007. Winning 22 straight doesn't matter because they know their team will get owned by Utah again in the playoffs. What is there to look forward to for Rocket fans? I almost feel bad for them, but not for the actual team other than Brent Barry. To go from a contender to a lottery team has to suck. What were they thinking signing Ron Artest? And now they sign a 42 year old player? For what? To give advice to rookies? Nothing personal against Houston, but they shouldn't even be allowed in the NBA.

[/B]

Boston, Portland, SA, Indiana, Cleveland, and Washington are all better teams than Houston. Whether Houston was injured or not, they still would have lost these games. All these 6 teams just went out and took care of business. Shane Battier, Brent Barry, Rafer Alston, Ron Artest, and Aaron Brooks are far from being key players whose injuries actually matter...so, whether those guys are in or not doesn't matter. Yao has been healthy all year. Too bad he's the worst 7'6" player in the world. Tracy McGrady's injuries don't matter either. And if they did, he still is only playing one out of two on back-to-back sets now.

Yeah, this Houston team is missing the playoffs. I'm not trash talking, they weren't expected to make the playoffs, so I can't trash talk about something that was going to happen anyway. That's like trash-talking the Oklahoma City Thunder.

1/1/09

Regular Season MVP - Tim Duncan
Rookie of the Year - Vacant
Coach of the Year - Mike Woodson
Finals Matchup - Spurs vs. Celtics
Champion - Spurs

Tracy McGrady is probably the worst player in the NBA.

1. Raptors vs. Rockets - As I've stated before, Houston is done. And bringing in Dikembe Mutombo won't help. He was pretty good in 1993. That was a good upset of Seattle in the first round. Maybe he should call up LaPhonso Ellis, he may be able to help this deteriorating franchise. Chris Bosh and Jose Calderon will own Houston tonight.

2. Heat vs. Magic - Dwayne Wade is a leading MVP candidate and the best player in tonight's game. As the best player on the Orlando Magic, it'll be up to Rashard Lewis if they have any chance of winning. Wade will own Orlando.

More predictions later...

We love your predictions...

I just bet my house on Houston and my car on Orlando!! :lol

LEONARD
01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
Book the game against the Lakers on the 14th as a Spurs win...makes sense, given that the Spurs will sweep the Lakers according to SD...we'll see :fro

1/5/09

That game won't be that much of a big deal. The Lakers aren't the best team in the league, or even in the West. Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum are not names that make any team shake.

For me, big games are against New Orleans, Utah and Boston, competitive teams with edge. Even Dallas games are big, just because of the rivalry. The Lakers are not intimidating. They just happen to win a lot of games for who knows what reason. It's like the 2006-2007 Mavs, not intimidating despite winning a lot of games.

Kobe, Shaq, Rick Fox, a still dangerous Horry, then Karl Malone and Payton in '04...that was a Lakers team to be respected.

But Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Andrew Bynum... not really. The Hornets could have taken them out in the WCF's last year. The Spurs could have too but we just missed our shots.

Chieflion
01-06-2009, 02:39 AM
12/31

1/1/09

We love your predictions...

I just bet my house on Houston and my car on Orlando!! :lol

You lost your house.

Lakers_55
01-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Let me help Leonard out here. SpursDyansty bet himself tonight and lost.

I am NOT "NBA Dynasty".

With that said, I'm gone until 11:47 PM on February 11 at which point the Spurs record will be 37-14 or better.

Damn, going to miss your comedy and your jinxes!

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks!

1/11/08

Easy win tonight..the Orlando Magic don't have any All-Star caliber players. Hedo Turkoglu, Jameer Nelson, and Rashard Lewis are a couple of scorers to watch out for, other than that no other threats, easy W, another day at the office for the Spurs today. Just make sure we stay healthy for the Lakers Wednesday. This game is no big deal.

Spurs have won 5 out of 9 all-time vs. Dwight Howard.

Tim Duncan > Dwight Howard

Not a big deal of a game. Dwight Howard is a fool.

So let's see how tough you are tonight Superwoman. You want to go around the league dunking bullshit dunks on weak defensive teams and winning slam dunk contests. Let's see how you do against an ELITE team. In fact I'll leave this forum for a month if Orlando wins tonight. That's how certain I am that tonight's game will be the easiest win the Spurs have had all season. I'll be at this one tonight. I wish it was legal to throw stuff at the players so I can pour my drink on Dwight as he walks back to the locker room.

Whoops!!
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2009011124

Whiny little bitch too...

Tonight had to be the worst officiated game I've ever seen, there were some BULLSHIT foul calls in this game and some other stupid tick tack shit calls favoring Orlando. Anyway, they beat us at the free throw line and behind the arc. Big deal. I'll keep my end of the deal, with the Magic winning I have to leave until February 11. FDH.

Owned...by Dwight "wasted draft pick" Howard

Dwight Howard has no intelligence or skill.

24 and 14 and a win AT the San Antonio "Elite" Spurs

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
1/11

With that said, I'm gone until 11:47 PM on February 11 at which point the Spurs record will be 37-14 or better.

dirk4mvp
01-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't know what's more sad. You guys taking him serious or you not appreciating what he brings to the board.

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 09:32 AM
genius

I can't believe these guys are considered in the top five in the MVP race. This is more of like who gives ESPN the most highlight reels, rather than who actually is valuable to their team and makes everyone around them better.

Kobe Bryant...last I remembered, he has failed in his last two NBA Finals trips, wanted Andrew Bynum to be traded until Pau Gasol showed up and saved his sinking Lakers, and pretty much didn't do shit to carry his team to greatness from Shaq's departure to Gasol's arrival. His Lakers teams won 34, 45, and 42 games until Gasol arrived. Hmm, something looks fishy here...if the Lakers weren't doing anything until Gasol arrived, then that means Gasol should be the MVP, not Kobe. So if anything, to call Kobe an MVP candidate is a slap in the face to Pau Gasol. Because without Gasol, the Lakers are shit, right? Kobe is not in the MVP race nor is Gasol, but if anyone on the Lakers deserves the MVP, it's Gasol.

Chris Paul has a solid team, but is still a joke player who flops too much and choked last year when they had homecourt advantage. 38 wins and then 39 wins in Chris Paul's two first seasons..I don't know, that doesn't sound like an MVP type of player. MVP's make their team better, not keep them the same. He gets a lot of credit for his assists, but assists are some of the most misleading stats....they pretty much mean you pass the ball a lot. Wow it must be so hard to see who's closest to the hoop and then pass it to them to get a bullshit assist.

Dwight Howard...not much to be said here other than this guy is a waste of space in the NBA. 36, 36, and 40 wins for Orlando in his first three seasons. Again, not an MVP type player. I believe he even got swept two years in a row in the playoffs. Then he put on a Superman cape and tossed the ball through the hoop, not reaching the rim with his hands, and called it a dunk. That slam dunk award is the only award he'll be getting in his career. Easily the worst #1 draft pick in the history of the league.

LeBron James..just because he wears 23 doesn't mean he's the next MJ nor does it makes his abilities similar to MJ's. Last I remember, he choked in his Finals appearance. Yeah, good going there. That Finals was also the lowest rated Finals in NBA history, shows you how many people actually care to watch the LeBron trash that ESPN throws at us every week. His high scoring comes from the fact that he's a ballhog and takes the most shots. If you take more shots, you make more shots. No MVP-skill required to do that.

Who's the MVP? Dwayne Wade, or Tim Duncan.

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I don't know what's more sad. You guys taking him serious or you not appreciating what he brings to the board.

He really is some delusional kid, still looking for his first piece of tail... :lol

JamStone
01-12-2009, 10:34 AM

I think this is one of those rare situations where a contradictory appreciation for two opposing sides is completely acceptable. I enjoy SpursDynasty quite a bit. I also am pretty amused at how seriously Leonard takes SD as well as his attempts to bring him down. As fun as SD is, those posters who get so upset at him and his posts and threads can be as if not more entertaining than SD.

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I really wish the GTG group would get on SD about making it to a watching party sometime...really curious to see who we're dealing with...

Lakers_55
01-12-2009, 12:55 PM
I only rib two posters here, SpursDynasty and tlongII. Both of them are competing to outdo the other as attention whores. Worse posters than them? Yes. Bigger attention whores? They have the market cornered. Entertaining? Hell yes! SD is gone for a month. tlongII has a bet he won't post in the playoffs if the Lakers finish with a better regular season record than the Blazers.

LEONARD
01-12-2009, 01:17 PM
The thing about SD is that he used to not be a walking bit. When he was posting under a different name (JeffDrums22) he posted his actual opinions. He was given so much hell over the crap he posted (even by Spurs fans) that he morphed it into this bit he does now. I guess it's his way of trying to save face...maybe to convince everyone that he was doing a bit all along...even though he won't admit he's doing a bit now :lol

I think it all started with Howard's ally-oop dunk on Duncan with 1/2 a second left to win the game. He was so pissed about that play that he started a thread about what an over-rated "fluke" player and wasted draft pick that Howard is. Of course, he was roasted by everybody here...

LeBron...Houston...Chris Paul. He just keeps adding to the list to include in his lame little bit...

LEONARD
01-25-2009, 06:49 PM
11/22

Why aren't some of these teams taking it to the Lakers? There are plenty of teams (including Phoenix tonight) that are more talented and better than the Lakers. Why are teams repeatedly not showing up to play against them? Are Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Jordan Farmar really that intimidating? Why are they playing scared? It's like the 2006-2007 BS we saw with the Mavs. They were making their shots, shooting the ball well, and had most teams play like junk against them. It took a team that barely got the 8th seed to just go out there and play some real basketball, to get rid of them.

Maybe they have to play Boston (as in the 2008 Finals) or Detroit (as in last week) for everyone to see how average they are.

I will say it right now: when the Lakers play the Spurs in January, they will not win. In fact, the Spurs will sweep the season series against the Lakers.

It's time for the league to step up against these jokers.

OOPS!! :lol

LEONARD
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
2/12

I'm not concerned about the Lakers at all.

You also said the Spurs would be 4-0 against the Lakers this season...oops...

2/13

Roger Mason is more of an MVP than LeBron.

Genius...

BlackSwordsMan
02-14-2009, 12:50 PM
2/12

You also said the Spurs would be 4-0 against the Lakers this season...oops...

2/13

Genius...

1 for 1 in his predictions
not bad

LEONARD
02-14-2009, 12:57 PM
1 for 1 in his predictions
not bad

I guess I missed what was right...

BlackSwordsMan
02-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Money mason

LEONARD
02-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Um, yea...

BlackSwordsMan
02-14-2009, 01:04 PM
bj penn > fedor

LEONARD
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
2/16/09

i'll be putting some predictions here for the top 9 west teams as well as boston, cleveland, and orlando.

The western conference

1. Lakers (42-10) - these guys have been fake all season long. I don't know what it is, but this team just doesn't have it but continues to win games due to the officiating, much like the 2006-2007 mavs who won 67. I think much of the league is suffering from a pre-concieved notion that they can't compete with the lakers, so when the game time comes, they simply don't try. It won't last much longer. They are not that good defensively, they are 20th in the league in points allowed per game. The reason they are winning games is because they are 1st in the league in points scored per game. But what happens if some of those shots don't go down? With exactly 30 games to go, i would expect about a 15-15 record the rest of way, leaving them at 57-25, same record as last year. Again, if teams would actually show up and stop playing mickey mouse basketball against the lakers, these clowns wouldn't be 42-10. No team with pau gasol and andrew bynum as their 2nd and 3rd leading scorers will ever win a championship.

2. Spurs (35-16) - we are 2 games ahead of where we were at this same point in our last championship season...we were 33-18 in 2007 and everyone here said we were done and look what happened. If any other team were 35-16 people would be crowning them the next nba champions. But for the spurs to be 35-16, we are just doing what we're supposed to do, fly under the radar all year while other teams run up the score to get 60 wins, and injure their starting center over a layup vs. The grizzlies. 31 games to go, 25-6 the rest of the way, 60-22 final record.

3. Denver (36-17) - here's where irrelevance starts to kick in as far as the west playoff picture goes. I have a hard time seeing why this denver team should finish with anything better than a 49-33 record. That means 13-16 the rest of the way. I think having to be carmelo anthony's teammate is the worst thing that could have happened to chauncey billups' career. This team had 2 all-star starters in 2008 and the defensive player of the year and look where all that got them. I don't really care for this team as this is about as irrelevant as any 3rd place team in pro sports history can get.

4. Portland (32-20) - first of all, brandon roy being selected an all-star is a big indicator that the league lacks depth and talent. If this were the 90's nba, no way brandon roy would be an all-star. He wouldn't even be a player or a bench player. Brandon roy would have been lucky to even be a water boy if today's nba was like the 90's. Greg oden? Enough said. Lamarcus aldridge wants to talk about not being soft, then goes out and averages 9 points and 5 rebounds a game. How about joel pryzbilla....this guy tries to stand up to tyson chandler, then has his grandma write a letter to the league because chandler was bullying him. I thought a scrub like rajon rondo shoving kobe as if he's actually a significant player was the league's low point until i remembered this. 30 games to go, 16-14 the rest of the way, 48-34 finish.

5. Houston (32-21) - i don't know which team is in worse shape, these guys or phoenix. Why don't they just dissolve this franchise, and let the league absorb the players into their rosters? In the process, t-mac should be banned from the nba. That guy is a disgrace to professional basketball. And to think this team actually won 22 straight last year. Biggest fluke in the history of mankind. I don't care where this team finishes, they could lose the rest of the regular season and i wouldn't be surprised. A 7'6" center who can probably get any shot he wanted, yet you have mcgrady, artest, and rafer alston, shooting percentages of 38.8%, 38.8% and 37.1%, playing more minutes per game than yao. Not the worst team in the nba but probably the stupidest.

6. New orleans (30-20) - i'm sure everyone, as well as myself, had high expectations for this team at the beginning of the year. But then they went out and played 50 games and showed everyone that last year was a fluke. These guys are a full 5 games behind where they were last year (35-15). They'd have to go 26-6 just to tie last year's record. It's not happening. 21-12 the rest of the way, 51-31 final record. Not much else to say other than this team was indeed a fluke.

7. Dallas (31-21) - i still can't see how this team got to the finals in 2006 and won 67 games the next year. Dirk, howard, terry, and dampier are the same core from those years...another team quickly heading down the drain. Why they haven't tried to move dirk is beyond me. This isn't 2007 and he's not the mvp anymore. And he'll never lead this dallas team to a championship. Just because he got a couple of shit shots to go down from 2005-2007, doesn't mean he's untouchable. They can trade him for perhaps another all-star caliber player and make a playoff run. Oh well, i guess cuban wants another 50-32 year. How about a first round playoff matchup with the spurs, just for entertainment?

8. Utah (30-23) - without all the injuries, this is a 42-11 team. Not much else to say other than this is one team that i can see that isn't afraid of the lakers. They'll be in the playoffs, and l.a. Better hope they don't run into these guys in the first round. 49-33 final record only because of the slow start.

9. Phoenix (28-23) - it's sad to see what has happened to this franchise as a whole. But i think the disappointment comes from unrealistic expectations. There's no way that this franchise was ever capable of winning a championship, except for 2006 when they faced a soft dallas team in the wcf's. Unfortunately for them, amare was out that year. From 2004-2008, this was a fun team to watch, but i don't know what the hell people were thinking when saying that this team could ever win a championship. It simply was never going to happen. They could still have d'antoni as coach, and the lineup of joe johnson, shawn marion, raja bell, and boris diaw, and they still wouldn't have won a championship. This team suffers from what dallas suffered from: Hitting a couple of shit shots at the right times, therefore thinking they could actually win a championship. Oh well. They need to trade nash and amare, rebuild the franchise and tank out the rest of the season, come back in about five years for another shot. As for this year, don't be shocked if they finish below .500.

The eastern conference

1. Boston celtics (44-11) - these guys had it all. A 66-16 season the year before, the nba championship, and a 27-2 start to this season. Then they went out and played shit basketball for the lakers and it's pretty much been over since then. 17-9 since starting 27-2? I don't know about these guys anymore. As solid as a team can be in the nba but the fact that they let a scrub laker team beat them twice raises some suspicion about whether or not their 2008 championship was indeed a fluke. You let pau gasol average 22 points a game in two meetings and you have no business being called elite anymore. Sorry boston. Will finish 61-21 only because of a fast start to the season.

2. Cleveland (40-11) - again, another team that shouldn't be referred to as elite. This is probably the worst 40-11 team in nba history. Someone tell me why lebron is an mvp candidate, because i just don't see it. He has repeatedly had brickfests against the teams that matter. 5-for-20 from the floor against the last game against the lakers. Mo williams an all-star? Please. It took two all-stars getting injured in order for him to make it. 17.6 ppg, but only on 47% shooting...he's not balanced enough: 3.3 rebounds and 4.1 assists...not all-star numbers. In fact, his all-star selection and 17.6 points are flukes. Why was getting selected to the asg so important for him anyways? It's not like anyone knows who he is. I'll mention it here since there's no where else to mention it, but why was danny granger an all-star this year? Why waste time with him? He played 10 minutes in the asg and took one shot and scored 2 points. Further evidence that the league is in need of more talent. Cleveland's final record: 55-27

3. Orlando (38-13) - these guys wanted to go around acting like they are badasses, and then jameer nelson ends his season over trying to grab a rebound away from erick dampier. Fail. 54-28 final record. As for dwight howard, what happened to winning the dunk contest?

Brazil
02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
LEONARD is SD

LEONARD
02-17-2009, 12:17 PM
LEONARD is SD

LEONARD
02-18-2009, 05:06 PM
2/18/09

again, this thread isn't trash talking or anything. This will be a good game for the hornets to add another loss to the loss column for orlando. Orlando has no business being 3rd place in the east. Why are we letting a piece of shit team get so many wins? The hornets are simply the better team. Since rashard lewis is the best player on the magic, it will be up to him to lead the team tonight, but i don't see it happening.

Go hornets

LEONARD
02-19-2009, 09:57 AM
2/18/09

i'm not going to make a thread about some 5'9" scrub. Yeah he won the dunk contest but trying to come out and school the spurs as if he's an all-star, let's see what he does next. He won't score 10 points in his next game either.

dirk4mvp
02-19-2009, 10:12 AM
LEONARD is SD

How obvious it is.

No one else takes the time to break down every SD post besides his alter ego Leonard.

LEONARD
02-19-2009, 11:12 AM
IP check, dumbfucks...

dirk4mvp
02-19-2009, 02:16 PM
timvp confirmed it was you.

LEONARD
02-19-2009, 03:19 PM
LMAO...where? Show me. The only thing I've seen him do is say "interesting" and then never say anything else. He's doing a bit because some of the idiots here will believe him...

He needs to a post a screen capture of the IP addresses, otherwise STFU...

Greg Oden
02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Brah just stop denying it. There's nothing wrong with you being SpursDynasty.

LEONARD
02-20-2009, 09:24 AM
timvp confirmed it was you.

Still waiting...

Don't spew BS you can't backup.

dickface
02-20-2009, 09:54 AM
LEONARD is SpursDynasty

LEONARD
02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Editing quotes is fun...

If you really pulled that from a thread, show me where...and then I'll call timvp out, because he's doing a bit...

LEONARD
02-21-2009, 09:56 AM
2/18/09

i'm not going to make a thread about some 5'9" scrub. Yeah he won the dunk contest but trying to come out and school the spurs as if he's an all-star, let's see what he does next. He won't score 10 points in his next game either.

26 pts, 7 ast, 5 reb

:rollin

Chieflion
02-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Brah just stop denying it. There's nothing wrong with you being SpursDynasty.

Take care of your injury first.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-21-2009, 10:11 AM
who cares who is SD? If the same guy wants to answer himself, then he has a problem. Again, who really cares?

Brazil
02-21-2009, 10:25 AM
who cares who is SD? If the same guy wants to answer himself, then he has a problem. Again, who really cares?

Come on it's really important !!!

LEONARD
02-21-2009, 10:38 AM

I'm not SD, dumbfuck...

Indazone
02-21-2009, 11:47 AM
lol @ leonard...welcome to my world.

LEONARD
02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
2/26/09

The Suns will win this one, and there won't be any need for anyone to come trash talk on here...they'll just be doing what they're supposed to do. The Lakers will get a couple of shots here and there, but lose. They give up too many points per game and Phoenix is a top team in scoring.

Whoops!! :rollin

Not even a close game...

LEONARD
02-27-2009, 03:40 PM
2/16/09

60-22 final record

2/25/09

Look for the Spurs to finish 63-19

Keep on adjusting those predictions as the season goes along, Jeff!! :lmao

Ghazi
02-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I fucking hate this guy.

GuerillaBlack
02-27-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not SD, dumbfuck...

I'm pretty sure he was trying to help you out.

LEONARD
02-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Someone's in love with SpursDynasty...saving all his quote...now that's funny! :lol:lmao

:rollin

monosylab1k
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm not SD, dumbfuck...

Prove it.

LEONARD
02-28-2009, 09:29 AM
whoops x 4

2/27/09

LeBron doesn't show up against the league's top teams, but can go for 48 against the Grizzles or Knicks. We'll win this easily.

The Celtics/Cavs do not give the Spurs any problems whatsoever.

This game is actually going to be a pretty routine easy win. I notice that LeBron against the top teams in the league is pretty subpar. After this win there will be no reason to trash talk or anything..the Spurs are just going to go out there and do what they're supposed to do, no big surprises to it. At the same time, no big celebrating either..just another routine win. The real celebrating is in June.

This Spurs team has not had problems with any teams this year other than Milwaukee....not even the Lakers...games we lose we lose because we have off nights or miss a bucket here or there, or not play the Big 3 in the fourth quarter. Tonight's game will not be difficult at all.

LEONARD
02-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Prove it.

Maybe I will...

If somebody thinks I'm SD then TimVP needs to post a screenshot of matching IP addresses, otherwise everybody can fuck off...

LEONARD
03-04-2009, 11:45 AM
3/3/09

I have long stated that the Spurs and Utah are the top 2 teams in the West.

Of course you have, Jeff...

LEONARD
03-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Prior to Mavs - Wizards...

I predict a Dallas loss tonight. Dallas is done.

Spot on!

LEONARD
03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
3/10/09

no team with dwight howard will ever win a championship

LEONARD
03-14-2009, 02:22 PM
3/14

this thread is not meant for trash-talking.

With the spurs as the favorites to come out of the west, who's going to challenge them? I don't see any group in the west to challenge us. With parker missing 10 games (probably the most key injury to our team, we are probably at least 8-2 if he plays all 10) and manu missing 26 games (at least a 13-13 if he plays all 26), and to still be 2nd in the west says a lot about this team's caliber. That's 21 more wins we'd have right now. At 43-21, we'd likely be 64-0 right now with a fully healthy roster all year. 36 games in which either manu or parker or both were missing, and we're 2nd in the west. And the lakers want to act like they are so much better than us. What's the lakers record right now if gasol and odom miss 10 and 26 games? They're probably out of the playoffs.

Houston at the 3rd seed is a joke, utah is solid at 4th, new orleans, portland, denver, and dallas just don't have it.

I guess i should ask: Does cleveland or boston have a chance against the spurs in the finals?

jag
03-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Leonard's mancrushing hard on SD....it's starting to get kinda scary.

LEONARD
03-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Leonard's mancrushing hard on SD....it's starting to get kinda scary.

pussy

jag
03-14-2009, 03:21 PM
pussy

ok?

That doesn't mean your mancrushing isn't getting scary.

You fuckin twat.

LEONARD
03-14-2009, 04:08 PM
If you're scared of a bit, then you're a pussy...

LEONARD
03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
3/17/09

the lakers won't even make the wcf's this year...they are just coming out and shooting some hoops and are mostly a jump shooting team that depends on lucky shots to fall. Reminds me of 2007 mavs.

Spursmania
03-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow-you're really obsessed with Spurs Dynasty. He must have really pissed you off.

LEONARD
03-18-2009, 12:23 PM
:lmao

LEONARD
03-24-2009, 12:12 PM
3/24/09

it doesn't matter where lebron ends up. He's never going to win a championship. He isn't even that great of a player. I'm a better basketball player than lebron james.

That's right, i said it. I can beat lebron james in basketball.

LEONARD
04-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Money...

3/31/09

Cleveland will lose at home tonight - Ok Cleveland we get it, you're good at home. Now get ready to lose. You will never match Boston's 40-1 home record. Or win a championship.

Oops

Identical 46-27 records, Portland healthy all year and Utah one of the most banged up teams all year. Gee I wonder who's better...

Oops

dirk4mvp
04-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Wow-you're really obsessed with Spurs Dynasty. He must have really pissed you off.

They're the same person.

i LUV da SpURZ
04-01-2009, 11:52 AM
if der waz a wildcard n kingz got playoff birth. i thnk dey wud beat da spurz :(

carrao45
04-01-2009, 05:06 PM
i think his post are funny and all, but youre being creepy obsessive

LEONARD
04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
4/2/09

The Spurs are the favorites to win the championship. I don't know what the big deal is...our last five losses have been by an average of 2.4 points..that's an average of losing each game by a bucket and a half.....in order words, an extra shot here or there and that's 5 more wins.

in order words, you're a dumbass...

LEONARD
04-02-2009, 11:36 PM
4/2/09

the cavs are going home in the first round.

BullsDynasty
04-03-2009, 02:28 AM
I 100% agree with SpursDynasty's predictions. I believe they are well thought out. Keep up the good work SpursDynasty.

LEONARD
04-04-2009, 03:01 PM
4/4

phoenix has to win out and can't afford to lose a single game. If they win out, they make the playoffs, because they'll beat dallas and i can see dallas losing 2 out of the 4 games of utah, new orleans, new orleans, and houston. Plus, phoenix has a better western conf. Record at this point, should the two teams be tied.

The most important thing is for phoenix to win out. Lose a game, and dallas clinches for sure.

carrao45
04-04-2009, 03:05 PM
ok dude seriously stop its creepy

LEONARD
04-04-2009, 03:25 PM
vaj

LEONARD
04-06-2009, 08:21 AM
We are going to win this game and it won't be a big deal. It'll be fun giving Cleveland their 2nd home loss so that they can't go 40-1 at home on the season. Again, when we win this game, it won't be a big deal, this is a team we're supposed to beat and there won't be any need for celebrating or trash talking here after we win this game.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Hasn't posted since...

Suicide maybe???

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
hey SD, thanks for bumping your thread :toast

sonic21
04-06-2009, 08:27 AM

Hasn't posted since...

Suicide maybe???

SD laughing at his own quotes. :wakeup

Rogue
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
SD laughing at his own quotes. :wakeup
and it's even more hilarious of you to quote your own smiles again, SD.

btw, the prostitute in your avatar looks pretty nice, she is even 1/10 as beautiful as Halle Berry.

sonic21
04-06-2009, 09:04 AM
and it's even more hilarious of you to quote your own smiles again, SD.

btw, the prostitute in your avatar looks pretty nice, she is even 1/10 as beautiful as Halle Berry.

ok she's not as beautiful as halle berry, but you don't need call her a prostitute :ihit

LEONARD
04-07-2009, 11:45 AM
4/6

we can still win the championship without manu.

it's bad news but the spurs won't necessarily miss manu's 45% shooting. He was ineffective the entire year.

Time for mason to step up once again.

LEONARD
04-09-2009, 06:19 PM
4/9/09

the spurs will win the championship easily this year....we all talk about how we'll be out in the first or 2nd round but then you look at how unimpressive the west is and realize that we're going all the way...

When the spurs win, the spurs will just be doing what they're supposed to do, no trash talking, no celebrating....

LEONARD
04-15-2009, 12:51 PM
4/14

the blazers will get swept in the first round

LEONARD
04-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Let the playoffs begin!!

Finally the chance has arrived for the Spurs to get some revenge. 3 years. Even though the Mavericks are not the same as 3 years ago, I can't wait to sweep these guys. I don't think this will be a close series at all. Back then, we had two 1-point games, one 2-point game, one 5-point game, and 2 overtime games with those 6 games decided in the final minute or so....From May 9, 2006 (first playoff game victory vs. the Spurs) to April 22, 2007 (first playoff game loss to the Warriors). the Mavs shot a BS percentage from the floor. Those days are long gone. So don't expect anything like the 2006 series. The Mavs are on the decline.

Spurs in 4.

I think this series will be the one that propels the Spurs to the championship just from a psychological perspective. The Spurs really got screwed in the 2006 series and had they won that series, would have three-peated from 2005-2007. The Spurs have long waited to get some revenge.

LEONARD
04-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Genius stuff here...

With the seeds set, here are my official first round predictions. Once again, nothing personal in this thread against anyone in the NBA, its teams, anyone on SpursTalk, or Kori and timpvp. Also, no trash talking here, just opinions.

First Round

WEST

1. Lakers vs. Jazz - This is (Utah, aside from the Spurs), the last team that the Lakers would want to run into. This won't be a cakewalk series. The Lakers will get physically beat up in this one. The Lakers swept their first round last year, but this one will go 6 games with Utah coming out on top. Utah will win all games at home and steal one of the first 2 at Staples. Utah in 6. Pretty good regular season at 65-17 for LA but the playoffs are a different story than the regular season. The Lakers had a lot of shots, calls, opponent injuries, and bounces to go their way in the regular season but that doesn't mean anything come playoff time. Just ask the 67-15 Mavs from a few years ago. What happens if the Lakers miss their shots? Then what? What happens if someone finally figures out that Pau Gasol is the one that needs to be stopped and not Kobe? The Lakers have been BS'ing all year. The Utah/LA series of last season was a Deron Williams shot from going to Game 7. This series won't be an "upset", Utah will just go out and do what they're supposed to do, they are the favorites in this series. Pau Gasol isn't that good, he just rebounds and does layups. He can't create his own scoring without Kobe drawing all the attention or another Laker bricking a shot.

2. Nuggets vs. Hornets - Both teams are wishy washy so I'm not sure about this one, don't really care...no offense to the Nuggets or Hornets. New Orleans was 56-26 last year, and finished 49-33. A 7 game drop. I expected better out of this team. I still say New Orleans comes out on top. The Nuggets at 54-28 somewhat overachieved. New Orleans in 5. Not much else to say here. David West is a good jumpshooter but as he learned against the Spurs last year: What if the shots don't go in?

3. Spurs vs. Mavericks - Every time these teams meet it's a thriller. The Mavericks got by on Manu's foul, shooting BS shots, and being in the right place at the right time in 2006 and in the 12 meetings between the two teams since that series the Spurs have won 6 and the Mavericks won 6. This series will be different though. The Mavericks have been eliminated in the first round in 2007 and 2008 and are soft in the playoffs. Spurs in 4, in 5 if the Mavericks get lucky.

4. Rockets vs. Blazers - I wish there were some way where after a playoff series, both teams could be eliminated, because these two teams are the ones I like the least out of all West playoff teams. The Rockets and Blazers both have no business being in the playoffs. These are probably the 2 worst teams in all of the playoffs, East and West. Because Portland has homecourt, they'll win and let's see if they give Utah a good series in the 2nd round. I don't necessarily expect to see anything impressive in this series from either team. Both just shoot shots and if they go in, they go in. But what if they don't? Again, two teams that I don't care for and are completely irrelevent in the playoff picture.

EAST

1. Cavaliers vs. Pistons - I originally said Cleveland would go home in the ECF's but after seeing who their first round opponent is, I pick Detroit in this series in 6 and here's why. This team is the Eastern Conference equivalent of the Spurs as far as consistency goes. Detroit has been in every Conference Finals since the 2002-2003 season. Six straight conference finals appearances...that's about as good as you can get. Cleveland, like the Lakers and like the 2006-2007, has just been getting their shots to fall and all the calls, bounces, and opponent injuries to happen at the right time. Being in the right place at the right time will get you far in the regular season, but once the playoffs start, it's time to start playing some real basketball. Cleveland has just been kind of BS'ing through and I'm just not buying into them. 27 game difference between Cleveland and Detroit but Detroit has nothing to prove here, they're a perennial contender and will just go out and do what they're supposed to do. Detroit is the favorite in the series.

2. Celtics vs. Bulls - Celtics in 5. Nothing more to say. KG being out will hurt this team though later on.

3. Magic vs. 76ers - The 76ers have shown the league that they are to be taken seriously. They beat Cleveland to prevent them from going 40-1 at home. Orlando doesn't have any solid leaders on the floor and lacks a quality big man in the middle, so they'll struggle in the paint. This is a mostly jump shooting team and I'm not buying into their offense. Again, another team that gets shots to fall at the right times in the regular season, but what happens in the playoffs when things tighten up? Rashard Lewis won't be able to lead his team to a series victory here. 76ers in 6.

4. Hawks vs. Heat - The Hawks emerged last year in the playoffs but have been pretty anticlimactic since. Since Miami has the league MVP in Dwayne Wade, they'll dispatch of the Hawks in 6 games at the most. Not much else to say here.

LEONARD
04-23-2009, 04:25 PM
4/22

All LA did was take care of home court. As they say, a series doesn't start until the road team wins. All LA did was win their 2 home games. Now Utah has to do the same. Utah will win Games 3 and 4 at EnergySolutions Arena, steal Game 5 at Staples and close it out at home.

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
far as I know game 3 hasn't happened yet

LEONARD
04-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Who said it has?

BlackSwordsMan
04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
you

LEONARD
04-23-2009, 06:33 PM