PDA

View Full Version : i don't usually do this...

Joe Schmoogins
10-29-2008, 03:29 PM
but, here is a trade idea...

(I know, I know... they get old and this is a definite long shot but I'm bored and getting antsy for the game tonight and needed to do something spurs related to pass the time)

Al Harrington asked for a trade... so

Al Harrington for Oberto, Vaughn, and Bonner.

Why for GS?
-They get rid of a discontent Harrington
-They get to add Bonner who is the type of shooting big Nellie likes to work with... I think?
-Oberto will fit well in their run and gun offense with his solid passing and great teamwork... plus he provides a bit of veteran leadership and could be helpful to Biedrins development
-Finally they get Vaughn which is great for them because they are in serious need of a pg with Ellis out. (Demarcus Nelson an undrafted rookie is starting for them tonight)

Why for SA?
-Add a versatile big who is a proven scorer and could compliment Duncan
-Get rid of Bonner
-Free up roster space to potentially add any combination of Hairston, Salim, or Watkins
-Also, Harrington's contract aligns with the 2010 plan.

And according to ESPN draft machine the trade works.

tp2021
10-29-2008, 03:33 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1996~2805~874~308&teams=9~9~9~24&te=&cash=

There's the link for Joe Schmoogins proposed trade.

A good idea in theory, but it probably won't happen. If we used the 2 free spaces on Watkins and Hairston, it would be boss.

Bender
10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm getting deja vu about having already read this idea in the harrington trade thread

oh yeah, ok...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108120

edit: doh! tp2021 beat me to it !!

Mad Bonner
10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
F YOU! Lets see you go out there and play bitch! You couldn't get your fat nacho eating lazy ass up the court once!

angelbelow
10-29-2008, 03:55 PM
good to see bonner with some fire.

MoSpur
10-29-2008, 04:23 PM
I doubt anyone wants Bonner or Orberto

Mad Bonner
10-29-2008, 04:25 PM
I doubt anyone wants Bonner or Orberto

WHAT?! WHAT?! YOU DOUBT THEY WANT ME?! I WILL EAT YOUR PETS THEN SHIT THEM OUT AND SHOVE THEM DOWN YOUR THROAT!

tp2021
10-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Now this is a troll I can appreciate.

SpursFan0728
10-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I still don't think GS would do this trade..
Oberto and JV will not get playing time under GS offensive system

but Bonner did have a monster game against them last year...maybe they'll like him..maybe..

Mad Bonner
10-29-2008, 04:31 PM

but Bonner did have a monster game against them last year...maybe they'll like him..maybe..

MAYBE?! MAYBE?! You dumb piece of shit! They love me! Nelly sent bitches over to my house to try and get me! BUT DID I GO?! NO! WHY?! BECAUSE I WAS LOYAL UNLIKE YOU LOSERS!

z0sa
10-29-2008, 04:31 PM

Bonner is exactly Nellie's type. Low defense but high hustle, knocks em down from three; Oberto would do great in that type of offense because he is an extremely good passer, as well as moving off the ball.

But Harrington on the Spurs?.....

Mad Bonner
10-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Bonner is exactly Nellie's type. Low defense but high hustle, knocks em down from three; Oberto would do great in that type of offense because he is an extremely good passer, as well as moving off the ball.

But Harrington on the Spurs?.....

You I like.

z0sa
10-29-2008, 04:40 PM
You I like.

You I like as well ... sadly it seems we are the only 2 who think you've got any decent crack at PT.

Mad Bonner
10-29-2008, 04:45 PM
You I like as well ... sadly it seems we are the only 2 who think you've got any decent crack at PT.

Screw 'em. How 'bout after the game you wait outside and we go hit up some clubs and grab some bitches. Shit I got the weed and the blow if you drive.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-29-2008, 04:49 PM
This might be the first case of one of these suggested trades that I think the Spurs might get the short side of. Bonner and Oberto would seem like pretty good fits for the Warriors with their skillset. Harrington would bring the same kind of mindset as Tolliver with better talent, but I would wonder if he wouldn't find his way deep down in the dog house. That's a concern I would have about any player with enough of an attitude to try to force a trade.

xtremesteven33
10-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Harrington could fill that long 3 role. Hes like 6'8'' but a really long 6'8''.

He could guard the guys weve had problems with...Odom,West, Nowitzki

Joe Schmoogins
10-29-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm getting deja vu about having already read this idea in the harrington trade thread

oh yeah, ok...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108120

edit: doh! tp2021 beat me to it !!

:lol oops didn't see this already posted.

Joe Schmoogins
10-29-2008, 05:21 PM
This might be the first case of one of these suggested trades that I think the Spurs might get the short side of. Bonner and Oberto would seem like pretty good fits for the Warriors with their skillset. Harrington would bring the same kind of mindset as Tolliver with better talent, but I would wonder if he wouldn't find his way deep down in the dog house. That's a concern I would have about any player with enough of an attitude to try to force a trade.

You have a point... but the potential is too much to pass up. Harrington is a legit scorer, and would be the best complimentary big to Duncan since DRob left. The only thing that would make me think twice about pulling this trade is that Harrington has never been much of a defender, rebounder, or shot blocker... but then again, look who we'd be giving up and we wouldn't be losing much.

xtremesteven33
10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
You have a point... but the potential is too much to pass up. Harrington is a legit scorer, and would be the best complimentary big to Duncan since DRob left. The only thing that would make me think twice about pulling this trade is that Harrington has never been much of a defender, rebounder, or shot blocker... but then again, look who we'd be giving up and we wouldn't be losing much.

Harrington is a good rebounder. Not a great one but a good one. Hes a decent defender due to his quickness and long arms. But i do see some problems with him if by chance he would be here, is how would he fit in the lineup. Hes a bit too small for the 4 and a little too big for the 3. Not a great weakside defender but not a great defender at the 3 either.....

The Franchise
10-29-2008, 06:20 PM
You'd be giving up to much in this trade.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
If the Spurs want to free up roster spots, which they desperately need to do IMO, this is how they're going to have to do it. I'd rather have Harrington, insert-center-here and Hairston on the roster.

tp2021
10-29-2008, 07:05 PM
If the Spurs want to free up roster spots, which they desperately need to do IMO, this is how they're going to have to do it. I'd rather have Harrington, Watkins and Hairston on the roster.

FIFY

Mad Bonner
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM
z0sa! We grabbin bitches or what?

Gagnrath
06-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Pulling threads that last were posted in 5 years ago with no relevance to today isn't a good idea.