PDA

View Full Version : knicks are undefeated!

turiaf for president
10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
granted they played the lowly heat but mike's style is going to be addictive to NY fans

Indazone
10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
When your team sucks its about selling tickets

turiaf for president
10-29-2008, 09:19 PM
i think they can be a sleeper team in the east. crawford will be in the top 10 in scoring this year with this style of play.

Trainwreck2100
10-29-2008, 09:44 PM
They are easily making the playoffs in the East

TampaDude
10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
They are easily making the playoffs in the East

I could put together a team from a dozen random SpursTalk members and make the playoffs in the East... :lol

angelbelow
10-29-2008, 10:04 PM
they almost blew a huge lead. not impressed at all. and they played the lowly (until proven otherwise) heat.

sook
10-29-2008, 10:05 PM
who cares? Did marbury play btw?

turiaf for president
10-29-2008, 10:11 PM
nope. starbury and fat curry got a DNP

Spur-Addict
10-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I could put together a team from a dozen random SpursTalk members and make the playoffs in the East... :lol

I call Small Forward!

TDMVPDPOY
10-29-2008, 10:14 PM
even a team of matt bonners will win against the knicks....

m33p0
10-29-2008, 10:14 PM
nope. starbury and fat curry got a DNP
:tu@mike

pauls931
10-29-2008, 10:43 PM

QFTMFW!!!!

hater
10-29-2008, 10:46 PM
#1 offensive team in the league

byrdman31
10-29-2008, 11:14 PM

ill run the point :king

jacobdrj
10-30-2008, 12:55 AM

I am not sure that you guys understand the dynamics of EC basketball.

Regular season basketball favors those who scores gobbs of points over those who play good defense. This is compounded by the fact that the styles of the two conferences vary so radically on this issue, and are almost polar opposites. The reason an offensive team has the advantage in a 1 game series is because a defensive team relies on matchups and adjustments to win in the long haul, while an offensive team simply has to have a good shooting night, and can win on any given night. The problem with this is that fastbreaks and jumpshots don't always work.

Because the focus is on defense, the records of the teams in the EC favor a poor record against the West, and in effect, the teams in the EC beat up on psychotherapy during the whole regular season (much as announcers mistakenly used to attribute to the Western Conference, which was the complete opposite of what actually happened).

It is no surprise that the only teams from the WC to win titles in the Post-Jordan era played a style that was distinctly EC, but had the balanced firepower to compete for 5/7 games with other offensive teams. That is why PHX/SAC/DAL never made more than a single Finals appearance, combined, and even the Dallas appearance was an aberration, and in their best defensive year.

Each Celtics EC opponents, took them further than the lone WC team they played did, sans the Pistons, who took them just as far. The reason is that there were defensive adjustments going on.

The Wizzards, the lone decidedly offensive styled team [at least when Gilbert is in the lineup], simply couldn't hang with the playoff style basketball the Cavs were throwing at them.

There is a reason the teams have split the titles since 2003 between West and East, and only 1 team that plays something that resembles EC ball won from the West. It is because the East is on par with teams of the West. Period.

Scoring is simply sexier.

pauls931
10-30-2008, 08:17 AM
Here's my theory... The east sucks and Boston and the Pistons are the only teams that can compete with the west over there. The only thing supporting your theory is Dallas choking in the finals against and inferior opponent which probably set in motion Johnson's departure.

jacobdrj
10-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Your theory is the popular theory, and it is one that I just now tried to dispel with my post. The 2nd tier WC teams would have a much hard time in a 7 game series than many people think. Game 1 would almost certainly go to the western team each time, but each series would probably go 6 or 7 games.

Just because you win 50 in the west doesn't mean you are awesome. It means you can score, but defense wins championships, and in a 7 game series, jump shots don't always fall...