PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need Rudy Fernandez!

Ginobilly
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
With the Blazers looking like their going nowhere with Oden being injury prone, and a bunch of unproven Rookies jacking up ill advised shots, ala clippers 2001-2004. How about an old Spurs friend Kevin Pritchard throw us a bone?

Jacque Vaghn/Bonner and will even throw in Hill for Fernandez.:hat

turiaf for president
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
^ hahaha

i think ginobli fills the 1 european gem per team quota =D

rudy does look sick tho

Indazone
10-29-2008, 10:27 PM
lmao..yeah and Portland will jump through hoops for that deal...NOT

SequSpur
10-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Hill's value is worth less than Bonners after going 0 for 42 in the Summer League...

Hill fan's, do you realize that Tony Parker owned the summer league when he was 18 years old?

THE SIXTH MAN
10-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Shit while were at it. Steve and Terry used to play for us! Amare + Nash for a Spurs championship dvd box collection!

Indazone
10-29-2008, 10:29 PM
Too bad you can't get Ricky Rubio

Ginobilly
10-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Hill's value is worth less than Bonners after going 0 for 42 in the Summer League...

Hill fan's, do you realize that Tony Parker owned the summer league when he was 18 years old?

I know Parker was tearing it up at 19. One of the top 3 point guards in the league no doubt. Hill at best will be a Janero Pargo 9/10 point 2 assit type of player, and if we're lucky, a Rajon Rondo type, but he's at least 2 or 3 years away from accomplishing that. Tim and Manu don't have that much time. Spurs want to do something they gotta do it now!

hater
10-29-2008, 10:36 PM
Pargo? Rondo? I'd take that in the spurs right about now

Spurtacus
10-30-2008, 01:07 AM
My IQ just dropped. Fuck.

sexinthatsx
10-30-2008, 02:33 AM
We could use Rudy to start and ginobili to come off the bench... that'd be pretty sweet!

cze1860
10-30-2008, 02:37 AM
Portland need Rudy Fernandez too.........

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-30-2008, 03:59 AM
Rudy is very good player but he is still a undersized small forward who have to play as a shooting guard because of this not being able to be big enough to guard small forwards. And he have very weak dribble skills for a guard.

Very good player but he is still always player that fans overrate, just like in Spain and now in NBA.

koriwhat
10-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Very good player but he is still always player that fans overrate, just like in Spain and now in NBA.

i find it funny you said that about rudy... the same could be said about your vspan but the difference is that rudy has already accomplished more than vspan on the nba stage in less then 3 games.

Ginobilly
10-30-2008, 09:36 AM
Rudy is very good player but he is still a undersized small forward who have to play as a shooting guard because of this not being able to be big enough to guard small forwards. And he have very weak dribble skills for a guard.

obviously you have never seen Rudy play. :rolleyes Fernandez giving up millions and taking a lesser role on a up and coming young team shows you what type of person he is. I remember Ginobili doing something the same thing when he came to the Spurs. You go ahead and enjoy watching Vspan play and score 20 points on euro scrubs at your local greek YMCA, while you eat a lamb sandwich.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-30-2008, 11:43 AM
:lol Spanoulis is far better then Rudy. You keep live in dream world.

FromWayDowntown
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

no, wait . . . . .

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

no, wait . . . .

:lmao

koriwhat
10-30-2008, 12:06 PM

you are living in a dream world because as i remember it clearly vspan was getting his ass kicked in the olympics while fernandez was a shining star in the finals of said olympics.

plus i think fernandez has already gotten more pt in the nba then your precious vspan who ran back to mommy because he couldn't get off the bench with his poor shooting percentage/crappy handles/and turn over rate in the nba.

fuck you and fuck vagspan too!

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
you are living in a dream world because as i remember it clearly vspan was getting his ass kicked in the olympics while fernandez was a shining star in the finals of said olympics.

plus i think fernandez has already gotten more pt in the nba then your precious vspan who ran back to mommy because he couldn't get off the bench with his poor shooting percentage/crappy handles/and turn over rate in the nba.

fuck you and fuck vagspan too!

:lol

Spanoulis is better then all Spanish players. You Americans really have no idea how great he is. Rudy is a very good player but he is not as good as Spanoulis. Simply no.

koriwhat
10-30-2008, 01:45 PM

Spanoulis is better then all Spanish players. You Americans really have no idea how great he is. Rudy is a very good player but he is not as good as Spanoulis. Simply no.

wow. unbelievable. to say the least, your sentence structure is amazing considering your past on this forum. are you really greek? come on t-mac i know you want vspan back so bad but is alston that bad really?

mrspurs
10-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Im sure Timmy is wondering. What about me? When am I gonna get some help. Maybe if I go and play somewhere else besides in a spurs uniform and get hurt, the FO might get me some help. Rudy is good, but he wont help our current roster of small bigs. One is to short and old. One is to soft and chokes. And the other just wants to shoot from beyond the arc. A pack of sorry PF's and C's if you ask me. Oh and I forgot about Ian. Lets see, I cant find anything wrong with him because he never plays. hahahaha

Darthkiller
10-30-2008, 02:09 PM

:lmao:
:nope:nope:nope

Tmac&Luther
10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Spanoulis sucks hairy ass.

Trainwreck2100
10-30-2008, 02:27 PM
fuck these threads, they are supposed to go away when the season starts

koriwhat
10-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Im sure Timmy is wondering. What about me? When am I gonna get some help. Maybe if I go and play somewhere else besides in a spurs uniform and get hurt, the FO might get me some help. Rudy is good, but he wont help our current roster of small bigs. One is to short and old. One is to soft and chokes. And the other just wants to shoot from beyond the arc. A pack of sorry PF's and C's if you ask me. Oh and I forgot about Ian. Lets see, I cant find anything wrong with him because he never plays. hahahaha

always down and out about the spurs... you really a fan? for real though? damn. unbelievable.

ps: some commas would do wonders for your sentence structure.

sexinthatsx
10-30-2008, 03:41 PM

First off, the reason you THINK that vspan has better dribbling skills than rudy fernandez is the fact that vspan's a PG. Rudy might play SF in the euro leagues or in the olympics, but he's better suited as a SG in terms of fitting in the NBA. Rudy can even play the point, which makes rudy more versatile and better than vspan. Vspan sucks

koriwhat
10-30-2008, 03:47 PM
First off, the reason you THINK that vspan has better dribbling skills than rudy fernandez is the fact that vspan's a PG. Rudy might play SF in the euro leagues or in the olympics, but he's better suited as a SG in terms of fitting in the NBA. Rudy can even play the point, which makes rudy more versatile and better than vspan. Vspan sucks

you own a tsx or what? my boss has a pimp tl-s. ah i love driving it around town.

PDXSpursFan
10-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Rudy is a natural SG playing SG - PERIOD.
VSpan is an undersize SG playing PG

sexinthatsx
10-31-2008, 01:21 AM
you own a tsx or what? my boss has a pimp tl-s. ah i love driving it around town.

yeah i have a carbon grey tsx, got it since october of 2003 and loving it ever since! If you see angelbelow around this forum, he's my buddy and he has a white acura TL, but it's not a type S. the tl-s is so nice...

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 10:00 AM
Rudy has weak dribble skills. if you argue this you are person has not see him play very much at all. he is not natural SG either. He is really SF. he is too weak to guard most SF even in Europe so many time would be ask play SG.

He does not play game as most SG do but as most SF do and weak dribble skills is one reason. He is NEVER play as point guard. He will play as play caller at top of key in half court AFTER someone bring ball up court. And he will run play call by coach then make pass. That is NOT playing point guard.

And he is very good passer in open court and fast break VERY good but not good at dribbling in either.

Things Americans says about these players they know nothing about is just ridiculous sometimes.

Spanoulis is FAR FAR better in court vision, decision making, run pick and roll, passing ability, and dribbling, is not even close.

Fernandez will have much less turnovers then Spanoulis because Spanoulis is turnover prone. But this is because Spanoulis plays same style as Steve Nash. He is expect to create just about everything in whatever team he play on. Rudy is mainly off the ball player and finisher.

Doug Collins say in Olympics Spanoulis is best decision maker he see in world in pick and roll along with Nash. He also say in interview in FIBA that Team USA coaches tell him Spanoulis is best player Team USA faced.

Collins also say in interview than Spanoulis is comparable to Šarūnas Marčiulionis. Marčiulionis was best Lithuanian player ever.

Rudy is very good player but he is not Manu like some idiots think and truly he is not even Spanoulis.

Ocotillo
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
Jacque Vaghn/Bonner and will even throw in Hill for Fernandez.:hat

Please God make it stop!! :bang :bang :bang

nkdlunch
10-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Rudy has weak dribble skills. if you argue this you are person has not see him play very much at all. he is not natural SG either. He is really SF. he is too weak to guard most SF even in Europe so many time would be ask play SG.

He does not play game as most SG do but as most SF do and weak dribble skills is one reason. He is NEVER play as point guard. He will play as play caller at top of key in half court AFTER someone bring ball up court. And he will run play call by coach then make pass. That is NOT playing point guard.

And he is very good passer in open court and fast break VERY good but not good at dribbling in either.

Things Americans says about these players they know nothing about is just ridiculous sometimes.

Spanoulis is FAR FAR better in court vision, decision making, run pick and roll, passing ability, and dribbling, is not even close.

Fernandez will have much less turnovers then Spanoulis because Spanoulis is turnover prone. But this is because Spanoulis plays same style as Steve Nash. He is expect to create just about everything in whatever team he play on. Rudy is mainly off the ball player and finisher.

Doug Collins say in Olympics Spanoulis is best decision maker he see in world in pick and roll along with Nash. He also say in interview in FIBA that Team USA coaches tell him Spanoulis is best player Team USA faced.

Collins also say in interview than Spanoulis is comparable to Šarūnas Marčiulionis. Marčiulionis was best Lithuanian player ever.

Rudy is very good player but he is not Manu like some idiots think and truly he is not even Spanoulis.

well then, you are an idiot too for comparing Spanoulis to Fernandez. completely different players.

IMO Fernandez will be a success in NBA as oppossed to Spanoulis. that's as far as the comparison goes.

SenorSpur
10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
Why do some Spurs fans think another organization is just willing to our trash in exchange for one of their promising players? In this league, you've got to give to get - unless Isiah Thomas is running the organization..... and he's got bigger problems these days.

Ocotillo
10-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Why do some Spurs fans think another organization is just willing to our trash in exchange for one of their promising players? In this league, you've got to give to get - unless Isiah Thomas is running the organization..... and he's got bigger problems these days.

That is what I was referring to in my above post. We are in for a ton of Bonner + (Vaughn/Finley/Oberto) for either some other team's star or someone with a ton of potential.

xtremesteven33
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Id rather go after Shane Battier from the Rockets. They have an overload of SF/PF's.

Plus im sure theyd want to cut some salary off...he has a 6 Mill contract. trade up Bonner/Udoka for Battier so we get Bowen replacement......

The Rockets owe us one anyway!!!

SenorSpur
10-31-2008, 10:33 AM
Id rather go after Shane Battier from the Rockets. They have an overload of SF/PF's.

Plus im sure theyd want to cut some salary off...he has a 6 Mill contract. trade up Bonner/Udoka for Battier so we get Bowen replacement......

The Rockets owe us one anyway!!!

I hear ya. I'd love Shane Battier too. Looks like he has both the skills and personality of a typical Spurs player. The Spurs should've somehow tried to work out that exchange in the Scola deal. But even as I write this, I know that it wasn't possible because at that time, the Spurs were looking to dump the Butler contract and along with Scola's rights. The Spurs were not willing to take back a large contract of Battier's type. To your point, Battier would be a good get for the Spurs.

xtremesteven33
10-31-2008, 10:41 AM
I figure its not that bad of a deal for neither team.

-Artest is signed for only one more year. If he plays well for them, theyll need more money to sign him long term.
-They have other younger players they are developing into solid contributors (Landry,Brooks,Hayes,Scola). Im sure Battier wont see much playing time.
-Spurs will get that tough younger defender in place of Bowen who can guard Kobe arguably better than Bowen does. He also is much more versatile on the offensive end.

Bottom line, I would love the Spurs to at least attempt to trade up for him. It would be great if we could actually sign him

tlongII
10-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Fernandez is a shooting guard. There is no question about that. He can actually play for stretches at PG or SF as well. I don't know where KBP is coming up with this "weak dribbling skills" crap, but it is bullshit. He's a terrific ballhandler. One of the best on the team. I think he's going to be a great player if he's not already one.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 10:54 AM
Fernandez is a shooting guard. There is no question about that. He can actually play for stretches at PG or SF as well. I don't know where KBP is coming up with this "weak dribbling skills" crap, but it is bullshit. He's a terrific ballhandler. One of the best on the team. I think he's going to be a great player if he's not already one.

Spanoulis is better then him. Over time this will be prove.

YES he is shooting guard you idiot but his play style is of SF. You obvious have limited basketball knowledge. "He's a terrific ballhandler" then I guess NBA have horrible dribblers because he is slightly below average for European level in his dribble ability at guard position.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 10:55 AM
well then, you are an idiot too for comparing Spanoulis to Fernandez. completely different players.

IMO Fernandez will be a success in NBA as oppossed to Spanoulis. that's as far as the comparison goes.

No question that Spanoulis will be prove as much better player.

If we are talk about Manu and Spanoulis this is good debate but Rudy and Spanoulis is joke.

Spanoulis is most agile and fierce player there is.

Ginobilly
10-31-2008, 10:56 AM
That is what I was referring to in my above post. We are in for a ton of Bonner + (Vaughn/Finley/Oberto) for either some other team's star or someone with a ton of potential.

Because trades like that have happened in the past, see Lakers and Rockets getting Gasol and Artest for basically, "Trash". Spurs need to make a trade by the All Star break if they seriously want to contend with the likes of the Lakers and Hornets. Right now as it stands, this team is a 2nd round exit, and that's even with Manu on the lineup. Don't get me wrong, the experience and mental toughness is still there, but our arsenal has gotten smaller and smaller as the years have passed. One aspect of the Spurs that really pisses me off and I'm sure countless of spurs fans here, is the inability to get easy transition baskets because none of our players could run with TP. We just need another Dynamic player that could help the Spurs get past the Lakers, because right now lakers are loaded.

xtremesteven33
10-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Because trades like that have happened in the past, see Lakers and Rockets getting Gasol and Artest for basically, "Trash". Spurs need to make a trade by the All Star break if they seriously want to contend with the likes of the Lakers and Hornets. Right now as it stands, this team is a 2nd round exit, and that's even with Manu on the lineup. Don't get me wrong, the experience and mental toughness is still there, but our arsenal has gotten smaller and smaller as the years have passed. One aspect of the Spurs that really pisses me off and I'm sure countless of spurs fans here, is the inability to get easy transition baskets because none of our players could run with TP. We just need another Dynamic player that could help the Spurs get past the Lakers, because right now lakers are loaded.

agreed...after watching the Lakers and Rockets so far, they seem destinesd to see each other in the WCF's. Thier talent and depth is ridiculously good. Artest looks motivated like never before.

The Spurs need a major trade this year. they got away with it in 2007, but the competition this year is so much more than it was 2 years ago.

Ginobilly
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM

He looks like he has a "natural instinct" in basketball that can't be taught, like Manu Ginobili...... ohh man what I wouldn't give to see Manu and Rudy play together! :wow

nkdlunch
10-31-2008, 11:14 AM
No question that Spanoulis will be prove as much better player.

If we are talk about Manu and Spanoulis this is good debate but Rudy and Spanoulis is joke.

Spanoulis is most agile and fierce player there is.

are you talking about the same Splanoulis that failed miserably with the Rockets??

He is not coming back to the NBA.

Ginobilly
10-31-2008, 11:27 AM
agreed...after watching the Lakers and Rockets so far, they seem destinesd to see each other in the WCF's. Thier talent and depth is ridiculously good. Artest looks motivated like never before.

The Spurs need a major trade this year. they got away with it in 2007, but the competition this year is so much more than it was 2 years ago.

Yeah, right now if we meet the Lakers in the playoffs(with Manu), it's a 4-2, 4-3 series with the lakers wining and where rebounding and back up point guard play being the main culprits like they were last year.

stéphane
10-31-2008, 11:37 AM
Sure life wouldn't be the same on ST if KillBillPana wouldn't be here...

Dude, you must be leaving in a strange world to assume Spanoulis > Fernandez...

Let me ask you something, if you would have to rank PGs compared to Vspan, could you list the names of the ones that would rank above him? :lmao

Indazone
10-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Rudy Fernandez NBA Debut Successful in Loss to Lakers (http://www.interbasket.net/news/504/2008/10/29/rudy-fernandez-nba-debut-successful-in-loss-to-lakers/)

Interbasket

Posted by editor on 29 Oct 2008 at 1:10 am

http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/rudy-fernandez-debut-shoots-lamar-odom-102809.jpg (http://www.interbasket.net/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/rudy-fernandez-debut-shoots-lamar-odom-102809.jpg)

You’ve probably noticed that Rudy Fernandez has joined Arvydas Sabonis, Manu Ginobili, Yao MIng, Andris Biedrins, and Ricky Rubio as one of Interbasket’s favorite international basketball players.
After a great performance in the Olympics that included a dunk on Dwight Howard (http://www.interbasket.net/news/453/2008/08/27/video-rudy-fernandez-dunk-on-dwight-howard/), the 23-year old Fernandez now has a huge following he has received in Portland (http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2008/09/video_portland_welcomes_rudy_f.html).
And Rudy continued to impress with a solid preseason that saw him show flashes of brillance. Rudy led the Blazers in steals, with 2.6 a game, and was tied third with 4 assists per game. And Fernandez was fourth in scoring on the team, averaging 12 points per game.
So as one of his official fanboys, we thought it would be appropriate to talk up his NBA debut.
The Debut: Not Quite a Rookie
The NBA regular season started last night with Rudy’s Trailblazers taking on last season’s runners-up Los Angeles Lakers.
This was the night of Greg Oden’s official NBA debut and Brandon Roy’s terible shooting night, Spanish superstar Rudy Fernandez scored 16 points in about 29 minutes. And also during Portland’s 96-76 loss, Rudy had 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, and no turnovers.
> Follow Rudy Fernendez’s progress this season (http://forums.interbasket.net/showthread.php?t=2405) <
Rudy accumulated his points by shooting 5-10 from the field; starting out his scoring with a one-handed runner in the lane, a fadeaway rainbow jumper at the free-throw line, 3 three-pointers and 3 free throws.
“I’m not surprised at what Rudy (does),” said Portland’s coach Nate McMillan after one of Portland’s preseason wins. “I’ve said all along his feel for the game is the best part of his game. He makes the right pass at the right time. I think that’s the strength of his game.”
I too, am impressed by his patience and his ability to read the game. Fernandez didn’t seem as if he had any nerves (I guess 7 years in the ACB will do that for you), nor did he seem as if he was concerned about his first NBA game. He played like an NBA veteran on his NBA debut night.
Sergio to Rudy Alley-Oop: Get Ready for it
Sergio Rodriquez and Rudy tried to come together on one of their patented baseline alley-oops, but the pass was a bit off by Sergio. Portland fans will come to realise that when these two Spanairds share the court, they have a great chemistry together; and once they get the time together on the court, Portland fans will be have come up with a nickname for when they finally connect a few times on the alley-oop.

Wondering what Rudy's ceiling will be. Right now he's as much an impact player as Luis Scola is for us. Rudy is already gathering a huge fan following over his much overhyped teammate Greg Oden.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 12:28 PM
He looks like he has a "natural instinct" in basketball that can't be taught, like Manu Ginobili...... ohh man what I wouldn't give to see Manu and Rudy play together! :wow

Why are people in this board now as dumb as in Rockets board? Rudy is a VERY good player of course but he is never close to Manu's level. Never in any time in Europe was he ever close in any way to how Manu was in Europe.

Rudy is very good player but he is so overrate by Spanish and NBA fans is become big joke.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Sure life wouldn't be the same on ST if KillBillPana wouldn't be here...

Dude, you must be leaving in a strange world to assume Spanoulis > Fernandez...

Let me ask you something, if you would have to rank PGs compared to Vspan, could you list the names of the ones that would rank above him? :lmao

You are idiot. You fans think you know better then Doug Collins or coaches of Team USA.

Darkwaters
10-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Phoenix fans have to feel like jackasses for trading away Rudy for cash. What a foolish move.

hater
10-31-2008, 01:11 PM
Why are people in this board now as dumb as in Rockets board? Rudy is a VERY good player of course but he is never close to Manu's level. Never in any time in Europe was he ever close in any way to how Manu was in Europe.

Rudy is very good player but he is so overrate by Spanish and NBA fans is become big joke.

he may be overrated but he is proving he has potential in the NBA. as opposed to Spanoulis who couldn't prove it.

And I don't see why not compare to Manu. Rudy is showing he is already as good or better than rookie Manu.

stéphane
10-31-2008, 01:13 PM
You are idiot. You fans think you know better then Doug Collins or coaches of Team USA.

You sure responded to my question Mr Smart :rolleyes

AnotherArgie
10-31-2008, 01:57 PM
^ hahaha

i think ginobli fills the 1 european gem per team quota =D

rudy does look sick tho

Argentina is in South America. The european gem would be Parker.

sexinthatsx
10-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Kiill Bill Pana, you're just pissed off because the truth of the matter is vspan didn't come to the spurs and now we hate him with a passion, just like tiago splitter, and we (spurs fans) like rudy fernandez even though he's not on the spurs... quit riding vspan's jock

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 07:09 PM
he may be overrated but he is proving he has potential in the NBA. as opposed to Spanoulis who couldn't prove it.

And I don't see why not compare to Manu. Rudy is showing he is already as good or better than rookie Manu.

He is much better than the big majority of NBA players. Why would Team USA coaches and players admit they believed he was one of best guards in world then?

Kobayagi
10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
if you would have to rank PGs compared to Vspan, could you list the names of the ones that would rank above him? :lmao

What do you mean above him? :wow

Vspan is the best there is and the best there ever will be. No one is above him.

Penya
10-31-2008, 09:10 PM

Hilarious.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Hilarious.

Is well know that Spanish people are overrate Rudy. We have hear enough of it already. Very good player but this comparison to Manu is joke. Not close.

SenorSpur
10-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Spurs don't need Fernandez. They need Batum!

Buddy Holly
10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
Spurs don't need Fernandez. They need Batum!

Yeah, and the moment he'd begin to suck we'd need who?

Tmac&Luther
10-31-2008, 11:04 PM
He is much better than the big majority of NBA players.

Please stop typing dumbass shit like this and just do us all a favor and disappear back into your cave..........that has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. :sleep

SenorSpur
10-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, and the moment he'd begin to suck we'd need who?

Fuck that. I don't waiver my friend.

Kill_Bill_Pana
10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Please stop typing dumbass shit like this and just do us all a favor and disappear back into your cave..........that has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. :sleep

So Doug Collins and Team USA coaches are liars then? This is what they claim. Guess you are the expert and they are the ones know nothing about game.

You are stupid fool. Rockets fans believe Brooks is good point guard. Spanoulis is 10 times better than him you idiot.