PDA

View Full Version : Spur fans, expect to lose

hater
10-29-2008, 10:44 PM
NEWSFLASH: Manu Ginobili is out.

the 2nd best player in the spurs, sometimes, especially in the 4th quarters the #1 option.

Compare it to Garnett missing in the Celtics, to D. West missing in the hornets, to Boozer missing in the Jazz.

Expect to lose a ton of games until he comes back and try to control yourself from making stupid threads.

Spurs might have a losing record for the first 2 months of the season. If the game is close coming into the 4th quarter? expect Spurs to lose.

Once Manu comes back it's a different story.

m33p0
10-29-2008, 10:46 PM
just like duncan, i expect nothing.

THE SIXTH MAN
10-29-2008, 10:46 PM
They should "bring out the Gist"! And well be ok.:hat

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Missing two starters, three reserves, and running a nine man rotation, they only managed to score 98 points. Yeah, they should just pull the plug on the season and see what they can get for Duncan while he looks good.

mexicanjunior
Agreed, it's just a shame we weren't prepared for his loss with better options off the bench...

m33p0
but, hey... only a 5 point spread.

hater
10-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Yes I forgot to add James Gist is also out, putting his boot up Europe's boot right about now...

lefty
10-29-2008, 10:49 PM
NEWSFLASH: Manu Ginobili is out.

the 2nd best player in the spurs, sometimes, especially in the 4th quarters the #1 option.

Compare it to Garnett missing in the Celtics, to D. West missing in the hornets, to Boozer missing in the Jazz.

Expect to lose a ton of games until he comes back and try to control yourself from making stupid threads.

Spurs might have a losing record for the first 2 months of the season. If the game is close coming into the 4th quarter? expect Spurs to lose.

Once Manu comes back it's a different story.

That's pretty much what I kept posting after the game

DMX7
10-29-2008, 10:51 PM
I think you're overreacting. We made some bonehead plays and they played great, give them credit but we'll be back.

nkdlunch
10-29-2008, 10:52 PM
If the game is close coming into the 4th quarter? expect Spurs to lose.

I agree with this. Ginobili was #2 in the league in 4th quarters after Bryant last season.

If games if close in 4th quarter, I would expect Spurs without Ginobili to struggle big time.

may the Gods bring Manu back soon.....

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 10:54 PM
I agree with this. Ginobili was #2 in the league in 4th quarters after Bryant last season.

Is there a stat to back that up?

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm actually very encouraged by this game..didn't expect us to be as close as we were with only 3 guys in double figures(IIRC)..

100% agree with the OP..

the Suns are also a very good team, top 5 in the West..we managed to stay in the game until the last possession, despite being without our 2nd option and our closer..I'm encouraged by this, and LOL @ anybody giving up on the season, like some haters have been on this forum..

if we start losing to mediocre teams, then you can start worrying..

I'm hoping the Spurs play slightly above-.500 ball until Manu comes back, and then we can step it up..

as for right now..I would definitely like to see the young guys getting some minutes as an experiment with Tim and Tony on the floor with them..

nkdlunch
10-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Is there a stat to back that up?

I beleive it was PER stats per 48 4th quarter minutes. here are the stats I found:

this is all I could find, I am not sure if right, but I did read somewhere about Manu being #2 after Bryant...

http://www.82games.com/CSORT11.HTM

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 11:00 PM
The problem with playing "the young guys" is that two of them are hurt and one of them is burying his mother. They'll get some burn, but it wasn't going to happen tonight.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
I beleive it was PER stats per 48 4th quarter minutes. here are the stats I found:

this is all I could find, I am not sure if right, but I did read somewhere about Manu being #2 after Bryant...

I didn't really doubt you, but I would really be surprised if Kobe's more efficient in clutch situations than Manu is. Must not take playoff games into account. :)

hater
10-29-2008, 11:15 PM

dayum!

from these stats I see Manu is #1 among top 4(bryant,james,nowitski) in 4th quarter:
-fg %
-ft %
-3pt %
-assists
-steals

cheguevara
10-30-2008, 11:35 AM
we don't have big men. Kurt Thomas looked lazy and weak out there. Duncan was fighting both Shaq and Amare on his own.

mrspurs
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM

If games if close in 4th quarter, I would expect Spurs without Ginobili to struggle big time.

may the Gods bring Manu back soon.....

That will help tons. But in the end its in the paint where we get killed in the 4th quarters. After Timmy you have guys who just plain suck. Fab, Kurt, Matt, Ian. All of them dont equal half a shaq. And thats pretty sad. Where has the FO been. Ill tell ya shopping overseas. Keep looking that direction and this is what happens. Its just one game, but how many games will Timmy have like last night. Plenty in my book. He cant defend anyone by himself. And to tell you the truth. The suns looked more confused then us.