PDA

View Full Version : I hope I'm wrong

NRHector
10-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Ok this is just my opinion, I believed the spurs are not going very far this year thanks to Manu injury. Now days everyteam has 3 super stars to be one of the elites in the NBA, in the 80's teams only needed 2 superstars, my point is that Duncan and Parker will be Duncan and Parker, but who else is going to step up and pick up Manu spot because they need him now to start building the team chemistry that the spurs always have because when Manu comes back all the other teams will have their chemistry and they will be in sync and if the spurs don't win games without Manu they will stay behind in the standing and is going to be very hard to catch up with the other teams that already have their system flowing and chemistry, this is just my opinion so don't get upset out there.

HarlemHeat37
10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
this doesn't make any sense though..

Manu isn't going to affect our chemistry significantly, he's been on this team with a similar rotation for years..same coach..same big 3..and he's also coming back in December, which leaves plenty of time anyways..

Manu coming back later is actually great for us IMO..the West isn't as good as last year..

nkdlunch
10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
they make the playoffs healthy and they have a great chance. Simple as that.

m33p0
10-29-2008, 11:09 PM
you know what? i actually believe Pop will be having the time of his life while manu is out coz he'll have a chance to coach alot of "desperate" games.

Obstructed_View
10-29-2008, 11:10 PM
Don't worry. You're wrong.

hater
10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
oh, you're wrong

jjktkk
10-30-2008, 12:06 AM
Obviously we need Ginoboli back, if we hope to contend, but if you watched Boston's run last year, you would of noticed just 2 stars(Garnett,Pierce)and a great supporting cast. Ray Allen was a complete non-factor for the Celtics. In fact Allen reminds me alot of Finley right now. Both are right now strictly streak shooters.

xtremesteven33
10-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Obviously we need Ginoboli back, if we hope to contend, but if you watched Boston's run last year, you would of noticed just 2 stars(Garnett,Pierce)and a great supporting cast. Ray Allen was a complete non-factor for the Celtics. In fact Allen reminds me alot of Finley right now. Both are right now strictly streak shooters.

Though Ray Allen is a way better defender than Finley is

JamStone
10-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Ok this is just my opinion, I believed the spurs are not going very far this year thanks to Manu injury. Now days everyteam has 3 super stars to be one of the elites in the NBA, in the 80's teams only needed 2 superstars, my point is that Duncan and Parker will be Duncan and Parker, but who else is going to step up and pick up Manu spot because they need him now to start building the team chemistry that the spurs always have because when Manu comes back all the other teams will have their chemistry and they will be in sync and if the spurs don't win games without Manu they will stay behind in the standing and is going to be very hard to catch up with the other teams that already have their system flowing and chemistry, this is just my opinion so don't get upset out there.

The original Boston Celtic "Big 3" of Bird, McHale, Parish?

Showtime Lakers with Magic, Kareem, Worthy?

Spurtacus
10-30-2008, 12:49 AM
You're wrong. :)

Spurs played well without Manu and Oberto tonight. Our sixth man and best big off the bench.

Obstructed_View
10-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Though Ray Allen is a way better defender than Finley is

QFT. Ray bought in to Doc's system. He gives effort.

sexinthatsx
10-30-2008, 02:15 AM
You gotta realize that oberto, farmer, george hill, and anthony tolliver all registered DNPs so I won't be so quick to make any assumptions about being a losing team this season...

Obstructed_View
10-30-2008, 02:49 AM
You gotta realize that oberto, farmer, george hill, and anthony tolliver all registered DNPs so I won't be so quick to make any assumptions about being a losing team this season...

Don't forget about Mahinmi.

mrspurs
10-30-2008, 08:09 AM

Boston played more games last year then any other team in nba history. Their supporting cast is what got them there. We dont have that kind of supporting cast. We play and go as far as our big 3 take us.

sexinthatsx
10-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Don't forget about Mahinmi.

CRAP! How could I have forgotten? Whoops...

tmtcsc
10-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Dear You,

You are wrong.

Sincerely,

Me

All kidding aside, we'll most likely play .500 ball until Manu gets back and then we'll turn it on for the playoff stretch. I like the pieces we have in place. We'll have a better team to compete for the title than last year's team in my opinion.

We have added more offense and have some younger guys to contribute on D. Matt Bonner is what he is. He's not going to improve on D. We just have to live with what he can give us or trade him. His help D is horrendous.

Obstructed_View
10-30-2008, 03:40 PM
CRAP! How could I have forgotten? Whoops...

:lol It's not as difficult as one might think. I did the other day.

sexinthatsx
10-31-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm not expecting like a double double machine out of Ian Mahinmi... but if he could play with the intensity off the bench such as like a player as Anderson Varejao... he'd be perfect!

NRHector
11-04-2008, 10:45 PM

they need to start winning games without manu

Avitus1
11-05-2008, 12:54 AM
Once upon a time you were wrong...

The End.