PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of my infomercial?

AntiChrist
10-30-2008, 08:02 AM
30 minutes of pure Hell?

If this president gig doesn't pan out, maybe one of these guys can get me a job.

http://www.seanpaune.com/images/blog/tv/billy_oxyclean.jpg

http://www.cs.uni.edu/~wallingf/blog-images/misc/ron-popeil.jpg

http://www.inventionchannel.com/product/images/1272A-h-s1.jpg

http://bauermitchell.com/THIGHMASTER-SSommer.jpg

http://www.homeellipticalmachines.com/images/products/tony_little_gazelle_freestyle_1.jpg

DarkReign
10-30-2008, 08:23 AM
:lmao

cool hand
10-30-2008, 08:24 AM
It was cool, and you suck.

DarkReign
10-30-2008, 08:27 AM
wzyT9-9lUyE

DarrinS
10-30-2008, 08:31 AM
wzyT9-9lUyE

:lmao

cool hand
10-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Mccain panders to dumbfucks, Obama returned the favor.

Soul_Patch
10-30-2008, 08:37 AM
wzyT9-9lUyE

lol, thats fairly disturbing.

JoeChalupa
10-30-2008, 08:49 AM
I didn't watch it as I was busy but Pat Buchanan said it was very well done so I'll take his word for it.

implacable44
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
It was cool, and you suck.

for a guy who supposedly has it "locked up" - he sure is spending LOTS AND LOTS of money...

Bartleby
10-30-2008, 09:41 AM
What else should he do with it?

ratm1221
10-30-2008, 09:42 AM
for a guy who supposedly has it "locked up" - he sure is spending LOTS AND LOTS of money...

What else would he do with campaign money? He's just supposed to go home and watch TV because you think he has it locked up? He wants to win and win big, and if that means going on TV to offset McCain's negative campaigning, then I guess, so be it.

Centaur of the Sun
10-30-2008, 09:43 AM

He has "LOTS AND LOTS" of money to spend. If you're insinuating that he's spending so much money because he's scared of anything McCain can do, you'd be wrong. He's spending so much money because he has it, and it'd be foolish not to spend it. Why not try to get your message out as frequently and to as many people as possible?

implacable44
10-30-2008, 09:55 AM

He could give it back -- you know since all those people are struggling and the economy is so tight.... charity maybe ??
or since he doesn't know where some of it even came from with these untraceable credt card donations....

ratm1221
10-30-2008, 10:00 AM
He could give it back -- you know since all those people are struggling and the economy is so tight.... charity maybe ??
or since he doesn't know where some of it even came from with these untraceable credt card donations....

Boy, that would go over really well. You're a genius. People give him money to do everything he can to get elected President and he gives it to charity and gives up a week before election day.

http://www.changetowin.org/connect/moron.jpg

JoeChalupa
10-30-2008, 10:03 AM

Obama has never said he has it locked up and keeps reminding people that it ain't over yet.

implacable44
10-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Boy, that would go over really well. You're a genius. People give him money to do everything he can to get elected President and he gives it to charity and gives up a week before election day.

http://www.changetowin.org/connect/moron.jpg

is that your mom ?

DarrinS
10-30-2008, 10:06 AM

He could always use a ½ million to repaint his 757 and get rid of those unsightly American flags.

http://www.roanokeslant.org/ObamaPlane.jpg

clambake
10-30-2008, 10:06 AM
i liked it. it showed he has real plans that address the real needs of real americans. it's his plan and he seeks advice from intelligent people to help him cross the t's and dot the i's.

mccain doesn't have any plans that he can call his own. he just looks for people to explain what he should say. hell, a few months ago his chief economic advisor said that americans are just "whiners". then the bottom fell out.

ratm1221
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
He could always use a ½ million to repaint his 757 and get rid of those unsightly American flags.

Because he's the first candidate in history to paint his jet....

fyatuk
10-30-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm just glad ABC didn't carry it. I would have hated to have Pushing Daisies rescheduled for something like that.

ratm1221
10-30-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm just glad ABC didn't carry it. I would have hated to have Pushing Daisies rescheduled for something like that.

At least you care about the things that matter.

SnakeBoy
10-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Obama should have to pay for a McCain infomercial. Just to make it fair.

clambake
10-30-2008, 10:58 AM
why? obama's wife doesn't have 100 million. i guess it's not really "country first" for mccain.

JoeChalupa
10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
Nielsen Rating was 21.3 I believe.

whottt
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Nielsen Rating was 21.3 I believe.

Holy shit...you better hope that wasn't his Nielsen rating. If that's the case he may not break 40 million votes in this election.

boutons_
10-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Whott, totally lost in the fantasies of WhottLand.

ratm1221
10-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Holy shit...you better hope that wasn't his Nielsen rating. If that's the case he may not break 40 million votes in this election.

Whott protesting.....

http://bp2.blogger.com/_i_CQWU5mwR4/SEg-EW8fljI/AAAAAAAAAao/1ft-wpAl7tM/s400/moran.jpg

Shastafarian
10-30-2008, 12:21 PM

Why? Can you explain the Nielsen Rating System for us?

ElNono
10-30-2008, 12:30 PM

Can you put your money where your mouth is?
$200 bucks that he breaks 40 million votes...

fyatuk
10-30-2008, 12:36 PM
At least you care about the things that matter.

Why would I want to listen to Obama when there's no way I'd vote for him this term, even if I agreed with the vast majority of his stances (which I certainly don't)? And before anyone says it, it's not about race, it's about being a first term Senator. I didn't like it when Edwards ran in his first term, and I don't like Palin being a VP pick in her first term as Governor.

My TV shows are more important than listening to someone I don't give to flying farts about speak.

fyatuk
10-30-2008, 12:38 PM

IIRC, a rating point for a broadcast network is about 1 million viewer households, while for cable it is about 500k. Noted, IIRC, I could be way the hell off.

NASCARdad
10-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Whott protesting.....

http://bp2.blogger.com/_i_CQWU5mwR4/SEg-EW8fljI/AAAAAAAAAao/1ft-wpAl7tM/s400/moran.jpg

:flipoff

ElNono
10-30-2008, 12:43 PM
I was watching the Spurs...

Shastafarian
10-30-2008, 12:46 PM
IIRC, a rating point for a broadcast network is about 1 million viewer households, while for cable it is about 500k. Noted, IIRC, I could be way the hell off.

I wanna hear whottt explain why it's bad when this report is out

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3iadb60bbfae240bb7db67cfab5ae6e1ce

NASCARdad
10-30-2008, 12:52 PM
whottt will come back to reality soon enough and learn that this is not the year for republicans but after Obama screws everythiing up Palin will be a shoe in in 2012.

Spurminator
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM

A rating point represents 1% of the TV-viewing audience.

LnGrrrR
10-30-2008, 01:07 PM

My (non-existent) god, if there's one thing I hope goes away after this election, it's the faux patriotism. OMG!! OBAMA PAINTED OVER FLAGS! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Sheesh.

Anti.Hero
10-30-2008, 01:20 PM
What a depressing view of America he tries to push on Amerikans.

What a bunch of pussies Obama will turn this country into.

DarrinS
10-30-2008, 01:21 PM
My (non-existent) god, if there's one thing I hope goes away after this election, it's the faux patriotism. OMG!! OBAMA PAINTED OVER FLAGS! THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Sheesh.

Go ahead and paint the plane, but why paint that stupid fucking symbol over the American flag?

DarrinS
10-30-2008, 01:26 PM
His symbol kind of reminds me of the first atomic bomb test at the Trinity site in New Mexico -- a muchroom cloud rising over red and white stripes (hmmm).

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/manhattan-project-1.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40903000/jpg/_40903875_trinity_gov_203.jpg

DarkReign
10-30-2008, 01:27 PM
whottt will come back to reality soon enough and learn that this is not the year for republicans but after Obama screws everythiing up Palin will be a shoe in in 2012.

Someone forgot to logout of their troll.

Bartleby
10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Someone forgot to logout of their troll.

Either that or NASCARdad has a serious crush on whottt

Viva Las Espuelas
10-30-2008, 01:31 PM
What a depressing view of America he tries to push on Amerikans.

What a bunch of pussies Obama will turn this country into.
ha. turn?

Anti.Hero
10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Americants.

Anti.Hero
10-30-2008, 01:34 PM
A bunch of comfortable Americants who have no idea or appreciation for what past generations actually had to go through.

Now Papa Obama tells them how horrible things are, and the comfortable Americants think he will save them.

Instead we get Obese women who can't afford milk, and 3rd generation union workers who don't understand why they are so dependent on their factory job.

Anti.Hero
10-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Has the GOP pulled the Demoncat tactic and tried to ruin these peoples' lives by tearing apart their background?

fyatuk
10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
A rating point represents 1% of the TV-viewing audience.

Doing some research, it represents 1% of the TV households whether they were watching or not, currently somewhere around 1.2 million.

Share is the percentage of the actual viewing audience.

ratm1221
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Why would I want to listen to Obama when there's no way I'd vote for him this term, even if I agreed with the vast majority of his stances (which I certainly don't)? And before anyone says it, it's not about race, it's about being a first term Senator. I didn't like it when Edwards ran in his first term, and I don't like Palin being a VP pick in her first term as Governor.

My TV shows are more important than listening to someone I don't give to flying farts about speak.

If there was a McCain special on, I'd watch it. I like to know both sides of the story. I've watched a few of his crappy campaign rallies.

I'd rather have a green senator in office than a grumpy, bad tempered, out of touch, two-faced, old-fart-on-his-last-leg, shit head, who f'ed up his entire election by concentrating on negative campaigning and joe six pack/joe the plumber, rather than issues that matter. Did I mention he cheated on his first wife because she was crippled and he was part of a scandal in which is called "Keating Five" and not "Keating Four"? You did, but those kind of issues don't matter unless we are talking about a liberal.

fyatuk
10-30-2008, 02:36 PM
If there was a McCain special on, I'd watch it. I like to know both sides of the story. I've watched a few of his crappy campaign rallies.

I wouldn't watch a McCain special on either. The only thing on TV I'll watch relating to the race is the debates (if even that). I prefer reading transcripts to listening to the candidates.

LnGrrrR
10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Go ahead and paint the plane, but why paint that stupid fucking symbol over the American flag?

Who cares? Honestly? I think worrying about this sort of thing is like trying to read tea leaves.

SnakeBoy
10-30-2008, 04:20 PM
His symbol kind of reminds me of the first atomic bomb test at the Trinity site in New Mexico -- a muchroom cloud rising over red and white stripes (hmmm).

I don't see it. Move the three red lines around and you see it's just based on the Nero Cross...sign of the antichrist. No big deal.

http://members.tripod.com/ru_bold/s9.gifhttp://www.evolvefish.com/fish/media/S-RoundObamaSymbol.gif

LnGrrrR
10-30-2008, 04:24 PM
And if you turn it upside down, it kinda looks like a pirate with no face wearing a red and white striped bandana with a blue beard!

whottt
11-01-2008, 02:58 PM

I can explain this...he only pulled about 8-9 million more viewers than Perot did in 1992, Perot pulled about 20 million viewers and incidentally...that coincided just about perfectly with the 19 million votes he got.

Obama pulled about 29-30 million viewers....you better hope he gets a substantially better viewer to voter ratio than Perot got.

Maybe if he had invited Palin to appear he'd have got some legitimate big viewing totals.

She pulls Superbowl ratings in primetime :tu

Seriously...I expected 50-60 million people to watch this...he got about half that.

It's become pretty obvious that the only politician people truly want to see these days is Sarah Palin.

I suggest you start getting used to her...you're gonna see her a lot over the next 12 years.

It's going to be a tough 12 years for the closeted woman hating gay male voting block. You guys know who you are...

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Obama pulled about 29-30 million viewers....you better hope he gets a substantially better viewer to voter ratio than Perot got.Are you saying he won't?

whottt
11-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Are you saying he won't?

I don't know...let's give him the 19 million that tuned in for the WS as well...

That's put him about 49 million...that's about what I expect him to get.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't know...let's give him the 19 million that tuned in for the WS as well...

That's put him about 49 million...that's about what I expect him to get.So your answer is his ratio will be better than Perot's.

Thanks.

whottt
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
So your answer is his ratio will be better than Perot's.

Thanks.

Yeah but I expected him to pull 50 million viewers as well...

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 03:14 PM
So you were wrong.

Happens all the time.

whottt
11-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Right I was wrong...there was even less interest in Obama than I expected.

But I don't get your point..

I said you better hope he gets a better viewer to voter ratio...that's not a statement on how many votes I personally think he will get as you seem to have concluded.

I then compared Perot's viewers to the number of votes he got and there is nothing to indicate I was wrong to do so...as there's not really any other compairon's to draw, and there was a pretty direct correlation.

I then pointed out how many votes I think Obama will get, which incidentally coincides with about how many viewers I thought he would get....I overestimated his viewing totals and by all previous evidence I have likely overestimated his vote totals as well.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Right.

You were wrong.

Then you were wrong again.

Then you said you were wrong.

Then you said you will be wrong again.

:tu

whottt
11-01-2008, 03:32 PM
What was I wrong about?

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Ah, the amnesia defense.

Well played :tu

whottt
11-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I thought it was funny...

In any case your entire purpose in this thread seems to be to tell me I am wrong, which is something I never doubted and in fact was quite happy to point out myself, and that means that

A. Your participation in this thread is pretty much not needed at all. Since I am capable of pointing out my own error and in fact have done so several times.

B. Your claim that I decieve myself is both and untrue and a clear case of self delusion on your part.

Shastafarian
11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I can explain this...he only pulled about 8-9 million more viewers than Perot did in 1992, Perot pulled about 20 million viewers and incidentally...that coincided just about perfectly with the 19 million votes he got.

Obama pulled about 29-30 million viewers....you better hope he gets a substantially better viewer to voter ratio than Perot got.

Maybe if he had invited Palin to appear he'd have got some legitimate big viewing totals.

She pulls Superbowl ratings in primetime :tu

Seriously...I expected 50-60 million people to watch this...he got about half that.

It's become pretty obvious that the only politician people truly want to see these days is Sarah Palin.

I suggest you start getting used to her...you're gonna see her a lot over the next 12 years.

It's going to be a tough 12 years for the closeted woman hating gay male voting block. You guys know who you are...

Why 12 years? Is she gonna run for president in 2020 and then lose in 2024?

whottt
11-01-2008, 08:09 PM
1 term as McCain VP, 2 terms as Pres.

Shastafarian
11-01-2008, 08:12 PM
1 term as McCain VP, 2 terms as Pres.

:lol

Oh ok. So do you think she'll stage a coup or just change the policy in the senate so that McCain is only allowed one term?

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 08:18 PM

In any case your entire purpose in this thread seems to be to tell me I am wrong, which is something I never doubted and in fact was quite happy to point out myself, and that means that

A. Your participation in this thread is pretty much not needed at all. Since I am capable of pointing out my own error and in fact have done so several times.

B. Your claim that I decieve myself is both and untrue and a clear case of self delusion on your part.You said you were wrong, then acted like you didn't.

You lied about it because your self-perceived e-rep is that fragile.

Yonivore
11-01-2008, 09:13 PM
:lol

Oh ok. So do you think she'll stage a coup or just change the policy in the senate so that McCain is only allowed one term?
Or, maybe, he just thinks McCain will only serve one term.

Shastafarian
11-01-2008, 09:19 PM

...or maybe you have no idea what a joke is

whottt
11-01-2008, 09:21 PM

That's pretty much it...but even if he doesn't...

Sarah has a habit of going after incumbents usually after a term...whether they are members of her party, or not.

Sincerely,

The Mayor of Alaska
The Governor of Alaska
The Head of the Republican Party of Alaska

S's why I'm saying Democrats should love her...she beats Republicans way better than they do.

Shastafarian
11-01-2008, 09:22 PM
That's pretty much it...but even if he doesn't...

Sarah has a habit of going after incumbents usually after a term...whether they are members of her party, or not.

Sincerely,

The Mayor of Alaska
The Governor of Alaska
The Head of the Republican Party of Alaska

S's why I'm saying Democrats should love her...she beats Republicans way better than they do.

You're joking right? You're not seriously suggesting she would attempt to run AGAINST McCain if he wins this year?