PDA

View Full Version : 250K, 200K, or 150K?

DarrinS
10-30-2008, 08:28 AM
What is the income level, above which, you'll begin seeing a tax increase under Obama?

He initially said 250K. In his infomercial, he said 200K. Joe Biden said 150K the other day. Which is it?

They need to find some way to reward (or at least not penalize) the small businesses out there that are creating jobs. I have no problem with taxing those that simply inherit fortunes and don't create anything with their wealth.

cool hand
10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
250k for couples
200k for individuals

check his website..

quit playing games.

DarrinS
10-30-2008, 08:32 AM
250k for couples
200k for individuals

check his website..

quit playing games.

Where'd the 150k come from?

Soul_Patch
10-30-2008, 08:37 AM
Where'd the 150k come from?

From his drunk VP

MannyIsGod
10-30-2008, 08:47 AM
Have you bothered to check the website?

JoeChalupa
10-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah, just check his website and get up to speed.

Spurminator
10-30-2008, 09:08 AM
Actually he did say $200K for families on the infomercial.

MannyIsGod
10-30-2008, 09:15 AM
He sure did and there's a reason for that. He said that you can expect a tax cut if you make under that. The 250k threshold is where taxes increase and between 200k and 250k is a zone where things stay the same so you don't receive a tax cut but you don't see an increase either.

They've been consistent with what they've said for the longest time so I simply find it annoying when people act like its changing.

Spurminator
10-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Ah, I see. This is what I get for watching it at 12:30 when I'm half asleep.

spursfan09
10-30-2008, 09:20 AM
is it just me or is Obama losing considerable ground?

Centaur of the Sun
10-30-2008, 09:34 AM
is it just me or is Obama losing considerable ground?

If your definition of "considerable" is "a bit of", then no... it's not just you.

If your definition of "considerable" is "considerable"... then yeah... it's pretty much just you.

implacable44
10-30-2008, 09:35 AM
He sure did and there's a reason for that. He said that you can expect a tax cut if you make under that. The 250k threshold is where taxes increase and between 200k and 250k is a zone where things stay the same so you don't receive a tax cut but you don't see an increase either.

They've been consistent with what they've said for the longest time so I simply find it annoying when people act like its changing.

if that annoys you, then how will you feel when he increases your taxes even though you make less than $100K?

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-30-2008, 12:40 PM
Seeings Manny is the tax expert...

does The Messiah's supposed tax increase for us all factor in the Bush tax cuts expiring in 2010? Or is this a case of 'I cut your taxes before I raised your taxes'?

ElNono
10-30-2008, 12:41 PM

does The Messiah's supposed tax increase for us all factor in the Bush tax cuts expiring in 2010? Or is this a case of 'I cut your taxes before I raised your taxes'?

You have so many questions... why not head to www.barackobama.com and find out?

implacable44
10-30-2008, 12:43 PM

Why would I go look that up again ? So I can read the same lies he tells me when he speaks from the pulpit ? Name for me the last politician that did what he SAID he would do once he got into power?

ElNono
10-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Why would I go look that up again ? So I can read the same lies he tells me when he speaks from the pulpit ? Name for me the last politician that did what he SAID he would do once he got into power?

Bush

implacable44
10-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Bush

no

ElNono
10-30-2008, 12:49 PM
no

Yes

Spurminator
10-30-2008, 12:49 PM

From an article written today, titled "The Real Problem With Obama's Tax Plan":

For those making less than roughly $200,000 ($250,000 for couples), Obama would not only make President Bush's tax cuts permanent but would also offer an array of new tax credits. Nobody should deny this.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/28/AR2008102802955.html

ElNono
10-30-2008, 12:50 PM
From an article written today, titled "The Real Problem With Obama's Tax Plan":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/28/AR2008102802955.html

Don't do that... takes all the credibility from their bitching!

Wild Cobra
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM

Do you really believe the master liar?

Shastafarian
10-30-2008, 03:10 PM

You mean the next President Liar?

DarkReign
10-30-2008, 03:28 PM

Honestly, youre sounding like the people who said theyd move if Bush was re-elected in 2004.

Anti.Hero
10-30-2008, 03:44 PM
What is the income level, above which, you'll begin seeing a tax increase under Obama?

He initially said 250K. In his infomercial, he said 200K. Joe Biden said 150K the other day. Which is it?

They need to find some way to reward (or at least not penalize) the small businesses out there that are creating jobs. I have no problem with taxing those that simply inherit fortunes and don't create anything with their wealth.

Bingo, these "old money" 50 yr old kiddies relying on granddad's trust fund go along with the libs to keep out the up and comers from reaching their community gates!

ratm1221
10-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Bingo, these "old money" 50 yr old kiddies relying on granddad's trust fund go along with the libs to keep out the up and comers from reaching their community gates!

Were you born retarded, or were you hit in the head at some point? That is the million dollar question.

LnGrrrR
10-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Were you born retarded, or were you hit in the head at some point? That is the million dollar question.

I think he went to Idiot University and majored in Irrational Logic with a minor in Denial of Reality.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2008, 04:18 PM
I just noticed, has any board Republican come up with a positive reason to vote for McCain?

ElNono
10-30-2008, 04:22 PM

No more than I believe McLiar...

ChumpDumper
10-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Do you really believe the master liar?No, but I read whottt's posts anyway for fun.

Anti.Hero
10-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I just noticed, has any board Republican come up with a positive reason to vote for McCain?

He's not as far-left as Obama.

Sucks, but this is what we have to work with.

clambake
10-30-2008, 04:32 PM
He's not as far-left as Obama.

Sucks, but this is what we have to work with.

but he picked palin, so he obviously hates america.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2008, 04:32 PM
He's not as far-left as Obama.Not a positive reason, but I didn't expect you to actually understand the question.

clambake
10-30-2008, 04:33 PM
the guy can't run a campaign but you want him to run the country?

SnakeBoy
10-30-2008, 05:02 PM

It's impossible for McCain to take over and become an evil dictator...for very long anyway.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2008, 05:26 PM
It's impossible for McCain to take over and become an evil dictator...for very long anyway.Not a positive reason. Maybe you guys will get it in time for the next election.

DarrinS
10-30-2008, 05:33 PM

There's not a positive reason to vote for either of them.

ChumpDumper
10-30-2008, 05:41 PM
There's not a positive reason to vote for either of them.That's why McCain is having trouble. Obama's voters at least think there are positive reasons to vote for him.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 10:20 AM
That's why McCain is having trouble. Obama's voters at least think there are positive reasons to vote for him.

They do ? Obama's message : This country sucks... You cannot make it... W destroyed the country... Mccain is W -- I am different. I will allow you to make it. I will make it for you with welfare checks and entitlements.

MannyIsGod
10-31-2008, 10:27 AM
They do ? Obama's message : This country sucks... You cannot make it... W destroyed the country... Mccain is W -- I am different. I will allow you to make it. I will make it for you with welfare checks and entitlements.

:lol

Oh is that his message? Thanks for the clarification.

DarkReign
10-31-2008, 11:25 AM

Now thats just bullshit. Whether contrived or not, Obama's message is in stark contrast to McCain's.

***Keep in mind, I am aware its all bullshit and rhetoric***

McCain is running a negative campaign...has been for a long time, even before the super-attack ads of recent history. But think about the policies and talking points he is using to run on for a moment. The nicest, most positive thing that guy has said is "My friends..." before every answer.

He runs on his foreign policy experience, he runs on his record of fiscal dogmatism and he runs primarily on his ability to run a war. War this, war that, Obama doesnt know how to run a war, I do, etc, etc.

Newsflash John, war isnt popular. It plays with hawks and warmongers who like death and endless conflict. So yeah, they think your ability to run a war is important...everyone else thinks war kinda sucks.

What does Obama run on?

Hope, Change, Uniting as One, All Together....bla bla bla, you get the idea.

***Keep in mind, I am aware its all bullshit and rhetoric***

One message is positive, the other is at best neutral and at worst very negative.

Positive is winning this election so far, no matter if the belief is too far-fetched for some of us to buy into. But its working.

I liken it the way I watch churches at a traffic light. I am not a God-fearing man by any stretch, but other people certainly are. I see the faces of people getting out of church, they look happy and renewed. Hey, its not my thing, but whatever is going on inside those 4 walls is a really positive influence on those people, and I cant begrudge them that small slice of happiness.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 11:48 AM
it is not b.s. -- Obama always talks about how terrible the country is and how you cannot make it and we need to distribute the wealth and tax these rich folks who have been keeping you down and I am the one to do it. You cannot make it in this country -- you need the government to help you -- you need me to help you.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 11:49 AM
and how is McCain's campaign more negative ? Obama's whole philosophy on McCain is to call him George Bush III .. how canyou get any more negative than that ?

MannyIsGod
10-31-2008, 11:54 AM
:lol @ how is McCain's campaign more negative

What universe do you live in? Seriously?

implacable44
10-31-2008, 12:11 PM
:lol @ how is McCain's campaign more negative

What universe do you live in? Seriously?

Manny -- what is more negative than being called Bush the 3rd -- or four more years of W ? You think W is the devil incarnate right .. so what can be more negative than that ?

Warlord23
10-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Since when did the phrase "George W. Bush" become an insult? Comparing McCain and Bush on policy is not being negative. The message is still based on the issues.

Diverting attention from the issues to Bill Ayers, Rev. Wright, birth certificates, pro-American vs anti-American, etc is being negative. And that's what the Republicans have done.

DarkReign
10-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Manny -- what is more negative than being called Bush the 3rd -- or four more years of W ? You think W is the devil incarnate right .. so what can be more negative than that ?

I cant speak for Manny, but no, I do not think Bush Jr is the devil incarnate.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 01:24 PM
Since when did the phrase "George W. Bush" become an insult? Comparing McCain and Bush on policy is not being negative. The message is still based on the issues.

Diverting attention from the issues to Bill Ayers, Rev. Wright, birth certificates, pro-American vs anti-American, etc is being negative. And that's what the Republicans have done.

oh like the age comments, trooper gate , siding with Bush 90% of the time ( while Obama voted "present" 90% of the time) , alaska independance party etc ? like those type of things ?

DarrinS
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM

Well, since W is one of the least popular presidents ever -- I'd say it is negative.

McCain didn't choose who Obama associated with in his past.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Not a positive reason, but I didn't expect you to actually understand the question.

Of course it is. I wouldn't expect you do understand an answer that does not agree with your own.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 01:30 PM
it is not b.s. -- Obama always talks about how terrible the country is and how you cannot make it and we need to distribute the wealth and tax these rich folks who have been keeping you down and I am the one to do it. You cannot make it in this country -- you need the government to help you -- you need me to help you.

Bingo Bingo Bingo Bingo

implacable44
10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
now it is $120K ? how low will it go ?????
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/31/low-richardson-pegs-middle-class-making/

Spurminator
10-31-2008, 02:10 PM
What is Gov. Richardson's relationship with the Obama campaign?