PDA

View Full Version : Darrell Arthur

tlongII
10-30-2008, 09:49 AM
11 points, 15 rebounds, 2 blocked shots, 1 assist, 1 steal

You remember this guy don't you? The Spurs picked George Hill instead of him. :wtf

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-30-2008, 09:50 AM
This seems like a rather indirect way to ask someone to post Kevin Durant's statline.

TJastal
10-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Maybe the Grizz will take Bonner straight up trade for him? Hill + Bonner?

Who knows, they gave Gasol away for a box of thumbtacks and a stack of year old Popular Mechanics.

BacktoBasics
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I'll admit I usually hate these threads but I'm down right bitter about passing on Chalmers and Arthur. Toss CDR in the mix too.

koriwhat
10-30-2008, 10:04 AM

You remember this guy don't you? The Spurs picked George Hill instead of him. :wtf

and your god has only *cough played 1 game.... fuck 1/2 a game to be exact. durant on the other hand.... yeah!

MI21
10-30-2008, 10:06 AM
2-4 weeks.

tlongII
10-30-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm not sorry we picked Oden over Durant. However, if I were a Spurs fan...

Buddy Holly
10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
However, if I were a Spurs fan...

You wouldn't suck at life. You'd be a fan of a good team. You'd have championships to celebrate. You wouldn't be bitter. Your wife would be female and real.

Spurminator
10-30-2008, 10:09 AM
The sheepfucker has a point.

MI21
10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
I'm not sorry we picked Bowie over Durant. However, if I were a Spurs fan...

BlackSwordsMan
10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
2-4 weeks lol

JamStone
10-30-2008, 10:11 AM

Really pimpin a kid your team traded away?

If you're going to criticize a team, how about the team that actually drafted him but traded him away? Especially when that team has a nasty habit of losing big men to injury.

TJastal
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
I'll admit I usually hate these threads but I'm down right bitter about passing on Chalmers and Arthur. Toss CDR in the mix too.

Given the spurs' lack of frontline depth, I was really surprised Popovich went after a backup point guard as their #1 pick in the draft, given they are adequate at that position with any of Jacque Vaughn, Ginobili, or Mason all able to handle the role.

Donte Green was the other player besides Athur that seemed like the logical #1 pick, though it appears from what I've seen in pre-season the guy may be a headcase, Arthur sure does appear to be the better of the two. James Gist seemed like a solid candidate to help out, but Pop sent him away.

Lets just hope Mahinmi catches on fast, the spurs' frontline is about as flimsy as it gets right now, if injuries pile up it will be disasterous.

tlongII
10-30-2008, 10:14 AM
Really pimpin a kid your team traded away?

If you're going to criticize a team, how about the team that actually drafted him but traded him away? Especially when that team has a nasty habit of losing big men to injury.

We have Batum who is going to be a very nice player. Unfortunately Nate had a brain cramp before the Lakers game and decided to change the starting lineup and our offensive strategy right before the game thereby screwing everything up.

And I'll criticize whoever the fuck I want thankyouverymuch.

Mr. Body
10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Several dynamic players were available. Instead, the Spurs reached for a player who could only play behind the only youthful All-Star they have.

*facepalm*

JamStone
10-30-2008, 10:28 AM
We have Batum who is going to be a very nice player. Unfortunately Nate had a brain cramp before the Lakers game and decided to change the starting lineup and our offensive strategy right before the game thereby screwing everything up.

And I'll criticize whoever the fuck I want thankyouverymuch.

Guess Darrell Arthur wouldn't have been better than Channing Frye's 0-for-7 air balling ass out there huh?

And, you're right. You can criticize whoever you want. You should criticize Greg Oden's trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, doctors, and his chinadoll body while you're at it.

DROB4EVER
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Arthur will score because he is on a suck team, he is still 6-8, has no post moves, is a poor defender and will be in the NBA and has a low BB IQ.

Hill gives us a guy who will be a great on ball defender and will do what no one other than Manu does for us and that is create steals. He will be a very good player and will help against teams like the Lakers and Hornets.

Still would have liked to see us pick up a big.

tlongII
10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Guess Darrell Arthur wouldn't have been better than Channing Frye's 0-for-7 air balling ass out there huh?

And, you're right. You can criticize whoever you want. You should criticize Greg Oden's trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, doctors, and his chinadoll body while you're at it.

Arthur's stat line would certainly have been better than Frye's. Of course I have not heard of any possibility to exchange the two.

Oden will be fine. Our coaching staff needs to quit treating him like a china doll.

jrmp317
10-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I've scored as many points as Oden has in his NBA career

Chomag
10-30-2008, 10:44 AM
I'll have to say on draft day I was begging the spurs to pick this guy up. I was shocked to not see him picked before the spurs choice came up. This guy could have easily been in the top 1-8 pick, and he was a forward which I think spurs needed to address the most.

However I'm very happy with Hill . The only knock I have against him was that I really felt that we had bigger issues that needed more attention then to use the pick for a back up Point guard but thats nothing against Hill. I see him as a solid player that will help contribute.

z0sa
10-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I've scored as many points as Oden has in his NBA career

+1

and Ive only grabbed 4 boards less than him!

dbestpro
10-30-2008, 11:17 AM
You must have missed Chalmers stat line. Take a look and bring your hanky.

tlongII
10-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I've scored as many points as Hill has in his NBA career.

Duncanoypi
10-30-2008, 11:24 AM
You mean Batum will start for the next game?

MoSpur
10-30-2008, 11:31 AM
The Spurs aren't all that every year at drafting. They are too busy winning championships and having to pick late in the draft. Your team should be good at picking in the draft. They're always lottery bound, but yet still chose Durant over Oden. You would think with all the experience they would have gotten it right.

jrmp317
10-30-2008, 11:41 AM
I've scored as many points as Hill has in his NBA career.

he hasn't played a game, hard to score when you haven't played.

Oden played 13 minutes, hell Uwe Blab scored in 13 minutes of action.

sexinthatsx
10-31-2008, 01:27 AM
George hill should make a list of all the players the spurs could've drafted and passed on and reign hell on them

Obstructed_View
10-31-2008, 02:24 AM
If Hill were that type of player, chances are Pop wouldn't have picked him.

TDMVPDPOY
10-31-2008, 03:13 AM
theres a high chance of oden becoming the next bowie than duncan retire after his current deal expires

sexinthatsx
10-31-2008, 03:20 AM
If Hill were that type of player, chances are Pop wouldn't have picked him.

By reigning hell i meant stealing the ball from them, and spank them without talking like tim duncan

Obstructed_View
10-31-2008, 05:38 AM
By reigning hell i meant stealing the ball from them, and spank them without talking like tim duncan

And what I meant was I hope he's the kind of player that doesn't take nights off and just plays hard all the time.

sexinthatsx
10-31-2008, 04:45 PM
that's fair enough for me :toast

Allanon
10-31-2008, 04:50 PM
I personally think the Grizz grabbed the 3 best players from last year's draft:

Mayo, the only one talented enough to be a Superstar of the Rose/Beasley/Mayo trio
Gasol, (not technically from that draft but you know what I mean)
Arthur, has a serious chip on his shoulder for slipping so low in the draft

Dr. Gonzo
10-31-2008, 04:55 PM
Our coaching staff needs to quit treating him like a china doll.

If he would quit getting hurt and acting like a china doll then maybe they would quit treating him like one.

exstatic
10-31-2008, 07:23 PM

Another Jail Blazer draftee who isn't even smart enough to open a fucking window to dissipate the chronic smoke and not set off the fire alarm at rookie orientation.

tlongII
11-01-2008, 01:00 AM
He might have helped tonight?

angelbelow
11-01-2008, 01:33 AM
yea hill probably would have helped.

Biggems
11-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Arthur had a good game, but let's not get carried away. He will be average at best.

Chalmers will have a very good rookie year. I expect him to have a very solid NBA career, as long as he keeps his head out of his ass.

As far as Sam Bowie Jr., I would take Olawokandi over him right now. At least Kandi can stay on the floor and give you 6 fouls...he may even give you a few points and more than 4 rebounds.

If this plays out again, this will be the 2nd time Portland took a Big over a SG....we all know how that first one worked out for ya...

Harry Callahan
11-01-2008, 06:07 AM
Arthur is a guy who is so dumb he had to have his grades doctored (to stay eligible) while going to a Dallas Independent School District high school. You have to really be brain dead to be in that situation.

He lacks the personal self control to not get high during the rookie orientation. Chalmers was also caught up in this.

Arthur and perhaps Chalmers will be playing in an 82 game garbage time this season. They will have inflated stats as a result.

sexinthatsx
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I personally think the Grizz grabbed the 3 best players from last year's draft:

Mayo, the only one talented enough to be a Superstar of the Rose/Beasley/Mayo trio
Gasol, (not technically from that draft but you know what I mean)
Arthur, has a serious chip on his shoulder for slipping so low in the draft

And they still suck even with the 3 best players from the draft (or so you say)