PDA

View Full Version : Tolliver!!! Come back.

Flux451
10-30-2008, 10:49 AM
First of all respects the death.

I am anticipating to see this man play in a regular season game. Can't wait. I just want to see if he will out shine bonner and please take his minutes. If he can play smarter, I will be happy. RIght now, he has open minutes with Ian out. Now is the time!

Did anyone see him play in preseason? Besides bricking, anything else you noticed? Good or bad?

Chomag
10-30-2008, 10:53 AM
Hmmm, he hustled a bit but other then bricking shots not really..

spurs50_
10-30-2008, 10:59 AM
How old do the young guys have to be for Grizzly Adams to put them in the rotation?

Chomag
10-30-2008, 11:01 AM
How old do the young guys have to be for Grizzly Adams to put them in the rotation?

At the end of their career?

mexicanjunior
10-30-2008, 11:15 AM
He was a decent rebounder and had good length but his shooting was terrible in the preseason...

SenorSpur
10-30-2008, 01:24 PM

Pop doesn't have many shortcomings as a coach. But if I had to pick one, this would be it. At times, he tends to overvalue veterans by ignoring their declining skills and diminished performance. At times, he gives these veterans an extra long leash - deserving or not. Sometiimes at the expense of undervaluing potential contribution of young players.

Mad Bonner
10-30-2008, 01:46 PM
WTF?! Why does this shit always have to have my name thrown in?!

Do I say damn that sucks that the head fry cooks mom died I hope he comes back soon. That way Flux can go back to mopping floors instead of making my damn fries!

mrspurs
10-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Pop doesn't have many shortcomings as a coach. But if I had to pick one, this would be it. At times, he tends to overvalue veterans by ignoring their declining skills and diminished performance. At times, he gives these veterans an extra long leash - deserving or not. Sometiimes at the expense of undervaluing potential contribution of young players.

Agreed, but what else can he do? If you look at our roster there isnt much he can do. After all, the younger guys that have been brought in were by himself. And if you cant get more talented FA's to come then basically this is what ya get. A very pissed off Pop. Its just a darn shame that with TP,Manu and TD, ya cant find FA's who want to play here. This overseas shopping has come to its end. We were the first to sucker great players to play for cheap dollars. Now its the other way around. Overseas is suckering NBA players to play for more money. Theres really only one way to grab young talented players from the great USA, and thats through the lottery. I for one have no problems trashing a season. Heck it might not matter any hows. We may be lottery bound and not cos we wanna be. I remember when we signed Drob. We had to wait 2 years to get him. During those 2 years we really sucked. During those 2 years we became the lottery and we made it work. Unlike many teams who get lottery pick after lottery pick and go nowhere. We are not like that. So whats one year of suffereing, before Timmy and TD cant play anymore. We already know Manus days are numbered to a bad play here or there and its done with him.

SenorSpur
10-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Theres really only one way to grab young talented players from the great USA, and thats through the lottery.

Partially agree. There are no assurances that just because a team is in the lottery that they are certain to grab a productive young player. Just as there are no truth in the belief that productive young players cannot be found at the end of the first round. The draft, no matter how deep or how shallow, is not an exact science.

That said, during last nights game I kept fantasizing about James Gist as starting PF of this team. :bang

Spurs Brazil
10-30-2008, 02:29 PM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/56/fullj.28a417d4cea037ae35143d36cda31ae4/28a417d4cea037ae35143d36cda31ae4-getty-83010073ce001_suns_spur.jpg

honestfool84
10-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Agreed, but what else can he do? If you look at our roster there isnt much he can do. After all, the younger guys that have been brought in were by himself. And if you cant get more talented FA's to come then basically this is what ya get. A very pissed off Pop. Its just a darn shame that with TP,Manu and TD, ya cant find FA's who want to play here. This overseas shopping has come to its end. We were the first to sucker great players to play for cheap dollars. Now its the other way around. Overseas is suckering NBA players to play for more money. Theres really only one way to grab young talented players from the great USA, and thats through the lottery. I for one have no problems trashing a season. Heck it might not matter any hows. We may be lottery bound and not cos we wanna be. I remember when we signed Drob. We had to wait 2 years to get him. During those 2 years we really sucked. During those 2 years we became the lottery and we made it work. Unlike many teams who get lottery pick after lottery pick and go nowhere. We are not like that. So whats one year of suffereing, before Timmy and TD cant play anymore. We already know Manus days are numbered to a bad play here or there and its done with him.

what the hell is up with you not being able to ever use the ENTER key?

DPG21920
10-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Maybe if he had a big man to help him out he could use the enter key.

honestfool84
10-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Maybe if he had a big man to help him out he could use the enter key.

lol.
it infuriates me.
every single one of his posts make me just want to skip over; they almost give me a headache, because of the pain it is to read - no rest for the weary eyes.

benefactor
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
lol.
it infuriates me.
every single one of his posts make me just want to skip over; they almost give me a headache, because of the pain it is to read - no rest for the weary eyes.
I skip them almost every time. I couldn't tell you if he has good basketball knowledge or not.

honestfool84
10-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I skip them almost every time. I couldn't tell you if he has good basketball knowledge or not.

seriously!

mrspurs, how hard is this?

Agreed, but what else can he do? If you look at our roster there isnt much he can do. After all, the younger guys that have been brought in were by himself. And if you cant get more talented FA's to come then basically this is what ya get. A very pissed off Pop.

Its just a darn shame that with TP,Manu and TD, ya cant find FA's who want to play here. This overseas shopping has come to its end. We werethe first to sucker great players to play for cheap dollars. Now its the other way around. Overseas is suckering NBA players to play for more money.

Theres really only one way to grab young talented players from the great USA, and thats through the lottery. I for one have no problems trashing a season. Heck it might not matter any hows. We may be lottery bound and not cos we wanna be.

I remember when we signed Drob. We had to wait 2 years to get him. During those 2 years we really sucked. During those 2 years we became the lottery and we made it work. Unlike many teams who get lottery pick after lottery pick and go nowhere. We are not like that.

So whats one year of suffereing, before Timmy and TD cant play anymore. We already know Manus days are numbered to a bad play here or there and its done with him.

m33p0
10-30-2008, 10:56 PM
if you've read one of his posts, you've read all of them.