PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR - Texas Weekend

tonylongoriafan
10-30-2008, 11:58 AM
going to the sunday race this weekend in fort worth. are there are nascar fans out there?

i'm a little worried because attendance over the last few races has been lacking. we have 5 people going in our group and i called to the ticket office yesterday to see if we could get an extra ticket next to us and they said there were MORE THAN ENOUGH to go around. FREAKIN ECONOMY!

oh well, i'm just going to have to depend on the 228 beers i'm taking with me to have a good time (oh, and mr. jim beam) :downspin:

dawn
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM
I will be there... leaving out right now...

It will be a great weekend...

tonylongoriafan
10-30-2008, 03:05 PM
i'm leaving tomorrow, SOB! i can't belive the producer is going to get there before me...hopefully my infield pass for next season comes through and i'll be there on wednesdays!

dawn
10-30-2008, 03:49 PM
Yep...

Will be getting there tonight, tomorrow hanging out at trackside live set with Elliott Sadler and Steve Byrnes, also working with Mike Skinner Pit crew during truck race... and just having a good time...

Saturday, doing some stuff with a couple of Austin Stations... meet up with ESPN National Crew to say hi and "NETWORK" then going for a ride with one of the Bodines in the PAce Car before the Nationwide race...

After that... it is total beer fest time....

Sunday...meet up with Roger Staubach for race day breakfast with the team. then just hanging and having fun...wooo hoooo

Obstructed_View
10-31-2008, 02:26 AM
I live a few miles from the track. Man, Halloween traffic is going to suck.

LEONARD
10-31-2008, 10:56 AM
I got stuck in that shit yesterday...114/170 were both jacked up after work...

I just noticed that 2 Team Hendricks airplanes are here today (work at the Denton Airport)...lots more planes here than usual...

Biernutz
11-02-2008, 12:37 PM
You guys at the race should thank me for not going because every time I go it rains.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/SMILEYS%20%20222/mad0222.gifJimmy has this wrapped up--again.

tonylongoriafan
11-05-2008, 04:42 PM
nice call on jimmy...we got so hammered :)

beefanus
11-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Nascar Is Gay

Biernutz
11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Yep...

Will be getting there tonight, tomorrow hanging out at trackside live set with Elliott Sadler and Steve Byrnes, also working with Mike Skinner Pit crew during truck race... and just having a good time...

Saturday, doing some stuff with a couple of Austin Stations... meet up with ESPN National Crew to say hi and "NETWORK" then going for a ride with one of the Bodines in the PAce Car before the Nationwide race...

After that... it is total beer fest time....

Sunday...meet up with Roger Staubach for race day breakfast with the team. then just hanging and having fun...wooo hoooo

Hey Dawn --

Is that Indy car race in San Antonio dead? I haven't heard a thing about it for a long time.

tonylongoriafan
11-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Nascar Is Gay

steeler's fans are gay

DannyT
11-21-2008, 02:47 AM
wheres the pictures at....?

dawn
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
You mean the Grand Prix?

I am not sure what happened with that, but it just kinda fizzled away...

DannyT
11-24-2008, 10:45 AM
fuck a grand prix....wha happened to the speedways...why cant we get it opened up again, a strip and a track for stock cars....lets go dawn make it happen

"if you build it, they will come"

dawn
11-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Man Danny... I wish I could...

I have been trying to talk about this issue for the last 3 years. I have talked to Current NASCAR DRIVERS like David Stremme about it... We talked to other former Track Owners... The key here is two things... MONEY and where to put it.

The city fights EVERYTHING because of the noise ordinance. It sucks...San Antonio Raceway has a fantastic place for racing and I know at one time, they had talked about a circle track as well. My friends out at Hill Country Kart Club in New Braunfels is the same... they were looking to build a multi use facility out there. Gotta have backing and money.

The part of this I always questioned? Where the hell is Toyota in helping with this venture here? What stinks is most people here do not realize that there was a RICH racing history in this town. It goes back some 30+ years. A lot of the greats in racing either got their start, or did some racing in this town ant either San Antonio Speedway or at what was Pan American and also Longhorn. NASCAR Champion Terry Labonte was the first track champion at SAS.

I wish we could get someone to step up and make it happen. A nice 3/4 to a mile would be awesome.. Bull ring.. banking. A BRISTOL. That would be AWESOME... and it would compliment TMS so well.

I have been saying for a while if we could get Bruton Smith or someone to get with Say Red or someone and get this done here and NASCAR Sanctioned, NASCAR would NEVER need to go to Mexico City again. Those fans would come here. TMS has no problems packing in close to 200.000 on non sell outs and over 250.000 on sellout weekends. I have no doubt in my mind those same fans would haul ass here for a short track race.

In the meantime... you want great racing and great fun...TRUST ME... I-37 Raceway is FANTASTIC... DIRT TRACK BABY!!! That is some fun stuff right there... I have been to theraces there and they put on a great show, even better, I have been on the track for a spin and that is incredible stuff...

Biernutz
01-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Tickets for the April 4, 2009 NASCAR race at Texas Motor Speedway. They also have a ticket exchange where you buy tickets from ticket holders.

http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/IndividualTickets.aspx?Event=1

Reck
01-11-2009, 12:58 AM
Too bad my favorite driver's career is declining faster then I can get into a full race nowadays.

reign16
01-19-2009, 09:33 AM
NASCAR race i like that?, what team is the qualify in final race?

tsb2000
01-26-2009, 11:26 PM
I'll be at the Phoenix race in April! :)