PDA

View Full Version : Not only are some Texans bigots -they're stupid bigots!

Nbadan
10-30-2008, 09:13 PM
I mean...how else would you explain the 23% of Texans which believe the Innsanity and Limpball talking point that Obama is muslim...

Poll finds 23% of Texans think Obama is Muslim
By RICHARD S. DUNHAM
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau
Oct. 29, 2008, 11:27PM

WASHINGTON — A University of Texas poll to be released today shows Republican presidential candidate John McCain and GOP Sen. John Cornyn leading by comfortable margins in Texas, as expected. But the statewide survey of 550 registered voters has one very surprising finding: 23 percent of Texans are convinced that Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Obama is a Christian who was embroiled in a controversy earlier this year about his two-decade membership in Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ. Yet just 45 percent of those polled identified the Illinois senator as a Protestant.

The Obama-is-a-Muslim confusion is caused by fallacious Internet rumors and radio talk-show gossip. McCain went so far at one of his town hall meetings to grab a microphone from a woman who claimed that Obama was an Arab.

The Texas numbers are unusual because most national polls show that just 5 to 10 percent of Americans still believe Obama is a Muslim — less than half the number of Texans who buy into the debunked theories.

hater
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM
so what percentage thinks he's the antichrist?

ChumpDumper
10-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Great thread title.

Nbadan
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
so what percentage thinks he's the antichrist?

Well, Angle Luv is one...

CuckingFunt
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Great thread title.

Its awesomeness is truly epic.

Nbadan
10-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Its awesomeness is truly epic.

Let's face it, 'bigot' does not fully encompass these people's true ignorance..

Trainwreck2100
10-30-2008, 09:19 PM
for christ sake HIS MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN its a simple assumption for those that are uneducated.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-30-2008, 10:25 PM
So everyone who won't vote for Obama in this state that doesn't think he's a Muslim is still a bigot?

That's some funny shit.

boutons_
10-30-2008, 10:48 PM
McNasty is totally lost, senile, no direction, no narrative, no fucking nothing, a gawdawful, slimey, lying campaign lurching in a different direction every day.

Anybody anywhere still voting Repug in this race is a total dumbfuck to want this befuddled asshole to run the country.

Pitbull bitch continues to drag McBottomGun down. And she's lost a lot of support from non-Repugs in Alaska.

fyatuk
10-30-2008, 10:57 PM
for christ sake HIS MIDDLE NAME IS HUSSEIN its a simple assumption for those that are uneducated.

Well, there's also that he attended a muslim school in Indonesia (of course he attended catholic schools there as well), etc, but you'd think after the Rev. Wright fiasco, people would recall he's Christian.

SpursIndonesia
10-31-2008, 04:20 AM
Well, there's also that he attended a muslim school in Indonesia (of course he attended catholic schools there as well), etc, but you'd think after the Rev. Wright fiasco, people would recall he's Christian.

This is TOTALLY untrue.

Barack Obama went to TWO elementary schools as a child in Jakarta, the first is Assisi College, a CHRISTIAN (catholic) one, then transferred to a PUBLIC SCHOOL near his home in Menteng, Jakarta, AFAIK because of the closer distance from home. He was and is always considered as a CHRISTIAN by his childhood mates in Jakarta, but since they were children back then, the issue was never brought into their friendship.

In our public school system, religion teaching is given, but specifically to each of its follower, which means little Barack had never been given Islamic teaching in the public school, he would just get out of the class when the Islam teacher -a civil teacher, mind you, not some fundamentalist radicals- entered the classroom. He would attend the christian teaching session in a grouped meeting among other christian pupils in that school, ranging from the 1st grade to the 6th.

He was NEVER a moslem or given Islamic teaching while living in Jakarta as a child.

fyatuk
10-31-2008, 06:41 AM
This is TOTALLY untrue.

Perhaps I misspoke there.

It appears Obama's step-dad registered him as Islamic when he went to school.

http://obamaimpeachment.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/boindsch2.jpg

byrontx
10-31-2008, 08:04 AM
I occasionally listen to the right-wing talk radio when I am driving just to see what the heck the current wacko talking points are. The dumbasses like to rant about stuff even when they know its not true. They just all pretend that they are on to something. It is total propaganda stuff that Kim Jong II would consider crude. It is this willful ignorance of the most of the listeners that is so perplexing. They know its crap but pretend it is profound. I wonder about the psychology behind it.

JoeChalupa
10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
Well, just because McCain's middle name is Sidney doesn't make me think he's any lesser of man.

DarrinS
10-31-2008, 09:59 AM
fuck off

JoeChalupa
10-31-2008, 10:19 AM
:flipoff

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2008, 11:42 AM
I mean...how else would you explain the 23% of Texans which believe the Innsanity and Limpball talking point that Obama is muslim...

Poll finds 23% of Texans think Obama is Muslim
By RICHARD S. DUNHAM
Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle Washington Bureau
Oct. 29, 2008, 11:27PM

No wonder texas is mocked and laughed at...

implacable44
10-31-2008, 11:44 AM
funnier still those 23% ( I would like to see the demographics on that) will all probably vote obama

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-31-2008, 12:38 PM
McNasty is totally lost, senile, no direction, no narrative, no fucking nothing, a gawdawful, slimey, lying campaign lurching in a different direction every day.

Anybody anywhere still voting Repug in this race is a total dumbfuck to want this befuddled asshole to run the country.

Pitbull bitch continues to drag McBottomGun down. And she's lost a lot of support from non-Repugs in Alaska.

People vote Republican because they don't like the Democratic platform or its candidate. Anyone taking issue with anyone voting Republican is a total dumbfuck for having a problem with someone exercising their right to vote.

Palin's lost so much support in Alaska that her approval rating in that state is sitting in the 80th percentile, a good 60% higher than the approval rating for Congress (of which the Messiah is a part).

Piss off, croutons.

boutons_
10-31-2008, 12:43 PM
"People vote Republican because they don't like the Democratic platform or its candidate"

so it's beauty/like-ability contest?

McSame's platform would continue to fuck over most Americans while enriching/protecting the wealthy and corps.

Quite apart from McNasty's intellectual, emotional, moral disabilties.

DarkReign
10-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Palin's lost so much support in Alaska that her approval rating in that state is sitting in the 80th percentile, a good 60% higher than the approval rating for Congress (of which the Messiah is a part).

So a little more than half a million people approve of Palin in Alaska? Damn, now if we could only convince the other 305 million Americans to see all of Palin's greatness that they do.

Sadly, I fear they dont like the winks, head nods, and "dontyaknows" as much as Alaskans do. Who knew, eh?

Duff McCartney
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Wow that is sad. But not surprising. This entire country is full of ignorant idiots.

It's like people say...You don't have to tell people the entire truth..but you repeat it enough times and alot of people will start believing it.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Maybe they are just going off Obama's own school registration card in Indonesia.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 01:36 PM
So a little more than half a million people approve of Palin in Alaska? Damn, now if we could only convince the other 305 million Americans to see all of Palin's greatness that they do.

Sadly, I fear they dont like the winks, head nods, and "dontyaknows" as much as Alaskans do. Who knew, eh?

Just words.. Just Speeches.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Wow that is sad. But not surprising. This entire country is full of ignorant idiots.

It's like people say...You don't have to tell people the entire truth..but you repeat it enough times and alot of people will start believing it.

I am not sure what to make of your signature.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Maybe they are just going off Obama's own school registration card in Indonesia.

Or they could just be dumb talk radio listeners.

Spurminator
10-31-2008, 02:30 PM
funnier still those 23% ( I would like to see the demographics on that) will all probably vote obama

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're probably wrong about that.

KenMcCoy
10-31-2008, 02:35 PM
It's funny how while most of us are stupid bigots in TX we have one of the few state economies that isn't in a recession.

DarkReign
10-31-2008, 02:37 PM
It's funny how while most of us are stupid bigots in TX we have one of the few state economies that isn't in a recession.

Bah, youre just late to the party.

KenMcCoy
10-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Bah, youre just late to the party.

I was reading something the other day and apparently we are one of the last states in a "growth" stage. Hopefully, we never get to the party.

DarkReign
10-31-2008, 03:24 PM
I was reading something the other day and apparently we are one of the last states in a "growth" stage. Hopefully, we never get to the party.

While I know Texas fancies itself independant from the Union, the reality is, the American Dollar is about to be worth about the same as a Peso.

You can be the most badass state to ever be created in world history, with all the rebel goodness associated with beltbuckles stating exactly how big everything exactly is in Texas in comparison to where ever it is the reader is from, but your ultimate problem is that you are in fact, and by unpopular opinion, a member of the United States of America (whether you ratified the document or not, seperatists).

So I say congratulations on having a burgeoning economy that-just-so-happens to border a certain less-than-scrupulous country full of people trying to come to this country by any means necessary.

Fact is, we are tied to one another in some asinine way...one falls, we all fall. Some have fallen, Most are falling, the few will follow suit.

I. Hustle
10-31-2008, 03:31 PM
You talkin' bad about Texas?!

KenMcCoy
10-31-2008, 03:48 PM
While I know Texas fancies itself independant from the Union, the reality is, the American Dollar is about to be worth about the same as a Peso.

You can be the most badass state to ever be created in world history, with all the rebel goodness associated with beltbuckles stating exactly how big everything exactly is in Texas in comparison to where ever it is the reader is from, but your ultimate problem is that you are in fact, and by unpopular opinion, a member of the United States of America (whether you ratified the document or not, seperatists).

So I say congratulations on having a burgeoning economy that-just-so-happens to border a certain less-than-scrupulous country full of people trying to come to this country by any means necessary.

Fact is, we are tied to one another in some asinine way...one falls, we all fall. Some have fallen, Most are falling, the few will follow suit.

Great post (up until the last paragraph at least)!!! Your take on Texans is dead on. We ARE the baddest ass state...Thank You.

*I'm all for TX seceding, I think we'd do OK.

PEP
10-31-2008, 09:50 PM

Now tell me how you really feel you pussy.

SpursIndonesia
11-01-2008, 04:59 AM
Perhaps I misspoke there.

It appears Obama's step-dad registered him as Islamic when he went to school.

http://obamaimpeachment.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/boindsch2.jpg

Well, i don't see any Barack Hussein Obama in that certificate, do i ? [/sarcasm]

You can't compare the administrative work & system of 1970's Indonesia education system, a truly developing, 3rd world nation at that time, with the way your system is run as your association agenda gets to work.

I have read a few local TV stations, magazines, and newspapers coverage in this issue. Those folk have interviewed some of Barack childhood friends, neighbours, and still living teachers, and none of them remembering Barack as a moslem. Yes, sometime he went to play to the mosque near his house, but only as a playing ground, since most if not all of his friends are moslem.

Do you know it's pretty easy to get a fake personal ID in my country, even to these days, simply by bribing local administatrive officials ? or adminstrative mistakes and screw ups out of the work of unprofessional, underpaid officials ?

The bottom line is, Loeloe Soetoro was never considered as a devouted moslem, Barack's mother has never converted to Islam, so there's no way that Barack was ever becoming a moslem in his days as a child in Indonesia.