PDA

View Full Version : At least the Mavs are consistent...

monosylab1k
10-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Josh Howard will consistently give you a monster first half, and consistently give you a steaming pile of horse crap in the second.

The coach will consistently play over the hill veterans instead of the young talents.

The AAC will consistently have the worst non-game "entertainment" I've ever seen in my life (at least the crowd was booing every time Chris Arnold made an appearance).

The Mavericks will consistently give you three-and-a-half or so quarters of solid basketball that leaves you thinking "hey, these guys are damn good!"

Then they'll consistently give you a crunch-time performance so miserable you remember why they're the second-rate team they are.

And worst of all, Mark Cuban will consistently have an excuse as to why the team can't be blown up.

One game in and I've given up. Fuck the Mavericks.

sribb43
10-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Josh Howard will consistently give you a monster first half, and consistently give you a steaming pile of horse crap in the second.

The coach will consistently play over the hill veterans instead of the young talents.

The AAC will consistently have the worst non-game "entertainment" I've ever seen in my life (at least the crowd was booing every time Chris Arnold made an appearance).
The Mavericks will consistently give you three-and-a-half or so quarters of solid basketball that leaves you thinking "hey, these guys are damn good!"

Then they'll consistently give you a crunch-time performance so miserable you remember why they're the second-rate team they are.

And worst of all, Mark Cuban will consistently have an excuse as to why the team can't be blown up.

FIRE that piece of shit....he is the one holding this team back

RsxPiimp
10-31-2008, 02:54 AM
j-ho is awesome. he should be a senator or something when he retires from basketball:lol

mavsfan1000
10-31-2008, 03:37 AM
Fuck why is Stackhouse still getting minutes? Is it that hard for coaches to see that he is horrible now?

mavs>spurs2
10-31-2008, 04:12 AM
Some key things I noticed about the game:

-The bench still sucks and the rotation is small. Didn't even give Green a chance

-Dirk still can't do it all by himself, even if he scores 35+, hence why we should have made some moves this offseason

-Stackhouse should just retire

-Jason Terry really hasn't been Jason Terry since the heat series. His shooting was horrible

-Defense still sucks, and we can't get stops when we need them most. Diop can't really help us here like he was brought back to do when he's on the bench

Positives:

-Kidd isn't completely useless just yet, he might have one more year left in the tank

-Howard looks like he might be able to pull himself together

I just really don't see how the Mavs are supposed to win a championship without a reliable 2nd scorer, and such a short and weak bench rotation. When we needed to bring in more players for a final push with this same core, Cuban just sat on his ass and did nothing. How can you be expected to win games when you have no productive players off the bench outside of Brandon Bass? Im beginning to wonder if somewhere along the way Cuban forgot all about doing what was needed to win and is now just content with throwing the same mediocre team out there year after year and selling tickets..

Findog
10-31-2008, 06:49 AM
I just really don't see how the Mavs are supposed to win a championship without a reliable 2nd scorer, and such a short and weak bench rotation. When we needed to bring in more players for a final push with this same core, Cuban just sat on his ass and did nothing. How can you be expected to win games when you have no productive players off the bench outside of Brandon Bass? Im beginning to wonder if somewhere along the way Cuban forgot all about doing what was needed to win and is now just content with throwing the same mediocre team out there year after year and selling tickets..

The Rockets are on the short list of elite contenders if Yao and TMac are healthy, so it's not like they lost to the Grizz. That said, the team I saw last night: 44 wins or so, maybe an 8 seed, maybe just out of the playoffs. The economy is going to affect the NBA at some point this season: attendance will be down, sales of jerseys and other swag will be down. There's going to be a lot of salary dumps around the trading deadline, a lot of guys being bought out. That's the Mavs only chance to do something this year: they need to get an All Star for cheap.

DaDakota
10-31-2008, 08:19 AM
The Mavs will win 50 games, they are just not an elite team.....

Hey, imagine how good they would be with Devin Harris running the point.

;)

All Jason Kidding around.....they need to put Gerald Green in the rotation ...stat.....

His athleticism and shot making ability would help their 2nd unit a TON......and Jason Terry is done....he has lost it.......I would rather Jose Barrera and Green get 2nd unit minutes....and run like hades.

DD

sribb43
10-31-2008, 08:30 AM
The Mavs will win 50 games, they are just not an elite team.....

Hey, imagine how good they would be with Devin Harris running the point.

;)

All Jason Kidding around.....they need to put Gerald Green in the rotation ...stat.....

His athleticism and shot making ability would help their 2nd unit a TON......and Jason Terry is done....he has lost it.......I would rather Jose Barrera and Green get 2nd unit minutes....and run like hades.

DD

:rolleyes...as a Rockets fan you want JJB in the game as a mavs fan, not so much

DaDakota
10-31-2008, 08:33 AM
:rolleyes...as a Rockets fan you want JJB in the game as a mavs fan, not so much

I think JJ can score the ball better than Terry at this point......and he is quick as lightning.

Put him and Green on the floor with the 2nd unit and get them running......

Make your 2nd unit something different from your first.....turn up the heat.

Bench Stackhouse.......don't play a center.....and run run run.....

DD

Red Hawk #21
10-31-2008, 08:37 AM
If the Mavs want to win more games they need to give the ball to Damp, Yea that obviously sounds stupid but I think at this point they need any kind of low post scoring they can get. There is just to much pressure on their perimeter players in the 4th, J-Ho, Dirk, Jet and Kidd all get pressured so much in the 4th just because they don't have a inside presence to go to. If Damp can just hit a few easy jumphooks in the 4th they will become a deadly team.

LEONARD
10-31-2008, 08:48 AM
0-82

Findog
10-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Stack's minutes need to go to Gerald Green. This is not a title team, it's barely a playoff team. There's going to be a lot more guys this year available in salary dumps because of the economy. The Mavs need a Gasol-like trade. Otherwise, they need to start clearing cap space for when Kevin Durant hits free agency.

monosylab1k
10-31-2008, 08:56 AM
Stack's minutes need to go to Gerald Green. This is not a title team, it's barely a playoff team. There's going to be a lot more guys this year available in salary dumps because of the economy. The Mavs need a Gasol-like trade. Otherwise, they need to start clearing cap space for when Kevin Durant hits free agency.

The team needs to be blown up, it's that simple. They are what they are, and a new coach or offensive philosophy won't change the fact that they're a pathetic team at crunch time. They caught lightning in a bottle in 2006 and rode it to the Finals, but it's looking more and more like that team greatly overacheived.

I'd love to send a message to J-Ho by playing him the first half and then sitting him the entire second half of games and play Shawne Williams instead. If he's going to be useless, do it on the bench....maybe that will convince him to give a shit in the 2nd half.

And yeah Green needs 17 minutes a night and Stackhouse needs a nice new Armani suit to wear on the bench.

Findog
10-31-2008, 08:59 AM
The team needs to be blown up, it's that simple. They are what they are, and a new coach or offensive philosophy won't change the fact that they're a pathetic team at crunch time. They caught lightning in a bottle in 2006 and rode it to the Finals, but it's looking more and more like that team greatly overacheived.

I'd love to send a message to J-Ho by playing him the first half and then sitting him the entire second half of games and play Shawne Williams instead. If he's going to be useless, do it on the bench....maybe that will convince him to give a shit in the 2nd half.

And yeah Green needs 17 minutes a night and Stackhouse needs a nice new Armani suit to wear on the bench.

I refuse to believe that Kevin Durant will resign with The Team That Shall Not be Named. He's our only hope at this point. Cap Space in 2010!

monosylab1k
10-31-2008, 09:02 AM
As far as a trade deadline salary dump contract, I'll bring up the name Eddy Curry again. He's fat and lazy but he gives us post scoring. And it's not like he can be any worse defensively than Diop was last night.

Findog
10-31-2008, 09:32 AM
As far as a trade deadline salary dump contract, I'll bring up the name Eddy Curry again. He's fat and lazy but he gives us post scoring. And it's not like he can be any worse defensively than Diop was last night.

I would do Dampier for Curry in a heartbeat. But D'Antoni rightly believes Damp is a piece of shit - I remember a quote in SSOL where he disses him pretty bad.

clambake
10-31-2008, 09:48 AM
If the Mavs want to win more games they need to give the ball to Damp, Yea that obviously sounds stupid but I think at this point they need any kind of low post scoring they can get. There is just to much pressure on their perimeter players in the 4th, J-Ho, Dirk, Jet and Kidd all get pressured so much in the 4th just because they don't have a inside presence to go to. If Damp can just hit a few easy jumphooks in the 4th they will become a deadly team.

:lmao passing him the ball is like throwing him a live salmon.

Findog
10-31-2008, 09:49 AM
:lmao passing him the ball is like throwing him a live salmon.

Dampier would be a 20-10 guy easy if he had hands. He's got the body for it, it's just too bad God gave him oven mitts instead.

monosylab1k
10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
It's time to start wondering if Damp is the worst contract ever given to a Mav. I think it's worse than the LaFrentz or Bradley contracts. At least we dumped Lafrentz for Walker and dumped him for Terry. And we didn't lose out on Steve Nash in order to sign Shawn Bradley.

clambake
10-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Dampier would be a 20-10 guy easy if he had hands. He's got the body for it, it's just too bad God gave him oven mitts instead.

did he not work on this shit AT ALL? jesus, how could this not be priority one on rick's list?

maybe he just suffers from some kind of panic attack every time someone tries to feed it to him.

maybe he's just shocked that someone would actually pass him the ball.

Findog
10-31-2008, 10:12 AM
did he not work on this shit AT ALL? jesus, how could this not be priority one on rick's list?

maybe he just suffers from some kind of panic attack every time someone tries to feed it to him.

maybe he's just shocked that someone would actually pass him the ball.

He just has bad hands. That's not going to change, just like Kidd isn't all of the sudden going to develop a jumper. At their ages, they are what they are.

monosylab1k
10-31-2008, 10:14 AM
He just has bad hands.

Bad hands are one thing, but his problems go far beyond just a physical inability. He's perfectly capable of catching a pass, he's done it before. IMO it's the same thing as always with The Worst Contract In Mavericks History - he's always half-assing it out there. He doesn't care enough about the team to stay focused on the court.

DaDakota
10-31-2008, 10:42 AM
Dampier is just a lazy player, he is one of those guys that is satisfied to be in the NBA, and stops improving.

DD

clambake
10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
Dampier is just a lazy player, he is one of those guys that is satisfied to be in the NBA, and stops improving.

DD

i think he fucks up from the fear of fucking up.

SenorSpur
10-31-2008, 10:58 AM

I'm more concerned as to why they were booing Chris Arnold? Didn't know that was a trend.

Indazone
10-31-2008, 10:59 AM
Mavs are very consistent. Consistent at suckitude. lol Cuban shoulda done the trade of Dirk for Kobe. He also shoulda traded Dampier years ago.

leemajors
10-31-2008, 10:59 AM
maybe he should eat his greasy food out of a bowl instead.

dirk4mvp
10-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Mavs are very consistent. Consistent at suckitude. lol Cuban shoulda done the trade of Dirk for Kobe. He also shoulda traded Dampier years ago.

Yeah, since that trade was ever on the table :bking

Did you have fun watching Scola get fucked no lube?

clambake
10-31-2008, 11:01 AM
i must admit, watching cuban bounce around before the game made me want to puke.

monosylab1k
10-31-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm more concerned as to why they were booing Chris Arnold? Didn't know that was a trend.

I don't know when it started, but the first time I heard him get really booed was during Game 5 of the GS series, a little bit before Dirk's big rally to win the game. The Mavs were down big, the entire crowd was debating which tall building to jump off of after the game, everyone is fucking miserable, and then out of nowhere Chris Arnold comes on the PA saying "HEY MAVS FANS ARE YOU HAVIN A GOOD TIME TONIGHT!!!! MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!" and the entire arena booed the hell out of him.

SenorSpur
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know when it started, but the first time I heard him get really booed was during Game 5 of the GS series, a little bit before Dirk's big rally to win the game. The Mavs were down big, the entire crowd was debating which tall building to jump off of after the game, everyone is fucking miserable, and then out of nowhere Chris Arnold comes on the PA saying "HEY MAVS FANS ARE YOU HAVIN A GOOD TIME TONIGHT!!!! MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!" and the entire arena booed the hell out of him.

A dumb question like that would do it. I'm sure he had to be thinking "tough crowd".

mavs>spurs2
10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
On another note, you guys are fucking crazy those kfc bowls are damn good. I ate about 3 this week :spin

Indazone
10-31-2008, 11:14 AM
recap

Artest wraps up victory

Late 3-pointer, defense assure win over Dallas

By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2008 Houston Chronicle

Oct. 31, 2008, 12:55AM

http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/N2998.centro.netOX4600/B3177811.3;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=120x60;ord=[timestamp]?

http://www.chron.com/photos/2008/10/30/13742752/260xStory.jpg
Donna McWilliam AP

Rockets forward Ron Artest goes to the basket against Dallas Mavericks guard Jerry Stackhouse during the first half on Thursday in Dallas.

DALLAS — The Rockets desperately needed, or at least really wanted, Dallas coach Rick Carlisle to call a timeout.

Ron Artest had just drilled a 3-pointer, and the Rockets around him and on the bench, could not have contained themselves much longer.

The Rockets had taken over the fourth quarter with a stretch of play finer than anything they had showed all night, or for that matter since they showed up for training camp. They had pushed the Mavericks to the brink by adding defense to their night of unexpected scoring.

Then Artest drilled the trey for the final nail in what would be a 112-102 victory over the Mavericks on Thursday night, and the Rockets took off to giddily surround Artest and celebrate a performance unlike any that their preseason or season opener had hinted would come.

“Everybody that played, played well,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “It shows we can be pretty good.”

They had moments of “pretty good” throughout the night, mostly offensively. In the fourth quarter, they pushed it all toward great.

Yao Ming was an offensive force, scoring 30 points with 13 rebounds and three assists and playing better for 41 minutes, Adelman said, than he had seen in any preseason game or even practice. Artest was everywhere, scoring 29 points and finally getting Josh Howard under control in the fourth quarter. Chuck Hayes applied defensive clamps to Dirk Nowitzki, holding the NBA’s 2007 MVP to one fourth-quarter point on a night that he had rolled to 35 in the first three quarters.

None of that, however, would have been enough, had Rockets second-year guard Aaron Brooks not enjoyed what must have been a miracle cure.

On Monday, Brooks was declared out for as much as three weeks. He turned that into three days.

“They said e_SLps when he warmed up tonight, he was great,” Adelman said. “He was moving good. He had no pain. He said he wanted to play. I didn’t know how he was going to be after sitting around for three or four days.

“He’s young. When you’re young, you think you can do anything, and I guess he was right.”

Brooks played 20 minutes, including the entire fourth quarter while Adelman kept Tracy McGrady and Rafer Alston out. Brooks had 14 points with five assists.

“It was real good warming up,” Brooks said of his ankle. “I was already cleared. The doctor said I couldn’t do anything worse to it, so it was just about playing through the pain. For the most part, it was good.”

As much as he gave a much-needed lift, the difference down the stretch was defense. The Rockets could score from the tip. A night after they had struggled to score 82, they surpassed that on a Yao three-point play with nearly two minutes left in the third quarter.

The Mavericks, however, were scoring easily. Howard had begun the night with a smoking start, rolling to a 15-point first quarter that forced Adelman to keep Artest on him rather than send him to defend Nowitzki. Nowitzki had been tearing through Luis Scola and Carl Landry. Between them, Nowitzki and Howard had 61 points in three quarters, and the Dallas fast break had rolled up 30.

Then Adelman went to his bench, and Howard and Nowitzki were a combined 1-of-6 in the fourth quarter.

“He killed us the first three quarters,” Hayes said of Nowitzki. “He absolutely had his way with us. For us to be able to win, I have to do my best to keep him out of those scoring situations.”

Through three quarters, the Mavericks made 48.3 percent. In the fourth, they made just 25 percent (6-of-24), with just three field goals while the Rockets began the fourth quarter with a 23-8 burst.

“In that fourth quarter, they got what, 16 points?” Adelman said.

“That’s what it’s all about. Yao did a good job defending the basket and Chuck anchored us.”

clambake
10-31-2008, 11:19 AM
please stop using the name "jerry stackhouse".

dirk4mvp
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
please stop using the name "jerry stackhouse".

It should be filtered out like E l l i o t is .