PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen: First Team All-Quasar

Spurminator
02-17-2005, 12:35 PM
Bucher (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=bucher_ric&id=1992711)

Bowen took a paycut to help the Spurs re-up both Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili while adding Brent Barry, but he's been more efficient offensively and remains an absolute defensive burr. He single-handedly won a game in New Jersey by baiting a red-hot Vince Carter into getting himself tossed. And he's shooting a career-high 64 percent from the line, an important improvement on a team that collectively struggles taking and making the freely given from 15 feet.

I hope this doesn't mean he will be on another team next year... Like other Spurs selected before him (Jackson in 2003, Hedo in 2004).

BronxCowboy
02-17-2005, 01:03 PM
I hope this doesn't mean he will be on another team next year... Like other Spurs selected before him (Jackson in 2003, Hedo in 2004).

Didn't he just sign for three years?

Spurminator
02-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Yes.

But curses have a way of making the rules work.

I'm kidding by the way.

Kori Ellis
02-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Bowen will be part of the Spurs organization for a long time.

DuncanMVP
02-17-2005, 01:16 PM
I think he's going to NJ to play along side Vince Carter

LMAO

IcemanCometh
02-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Antonio Daniels, Seattle SuperSonics
A second-time selection. Knocked as a locker-room lawyer who caved under a stern look from his coach or a couple of mistakes earlier in his career, Daniels has matured into coach Nate McMillan's security blanket off the bench.

He has a career-high 4.4-to-1 assist/turnover ratio and is getting to the free-throw line more than ever before, too.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-17-2005, 07:24 PM
Bowen plays this thing that the average fan usually doesn't pay much attention to...

defense.

He's probably the 3rd most valuable Spur.

ShoogarBear
02-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Bowen is a better player across the board now, at age 33, than he was at 29.

How many other people on the Spurs, or the league for that matter, will we be able to say that about?

People talk about his defense not being as good. Well, you have to remember that the league as a whole has had restrictions put on the way they can play defense. He's adapted well (for an example of someone who couldn't adapt to rule changes, think Mario Elie), and I think Bruce's defense is still at the same relative level compared to other players. About the only thing different is that other coaches noted what Phil Jackson did to him in last year's playoffs and try to pick the hell out of him when they can.

i could see Bruce being a coach, or more likely a GM, someday.

T Park
02-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Bruce would be an awesome coach.

Hopefully the Spurs keep him around as one.

foodie2
02-17-2005, 08:40 PM
Does anyone think Bowen has a shot at DPOY?

Rummpd
02-18-2005, 08:38 AM
Yes. Who else deserves = Kirk might of with his blocks but had that long injury?