PDA

View Full Version : I am afraid that Duncan will soon retire.

Rapper
10-31-2008, 02:36 AM
This will be such a nightmare to all spurs fans

The San Antonio Spurs has been dominating the western conference since the day Duncan was selected by the spurs in 1997 NBA draft.

wyD9lLVHcng

The spurs fans had had much exciting monents and honor thanks to timmy's accomplishments. it 's no doubt that he is by far one of the best players in the NBA history.

However,Tim is already 32 years old and his physical condition is becoming worse and worse, even if he looked good and played well on the court last night.

i hope that Duncan could play for the spurs until 2015, i really hope that, maybe at that time. Duncan just could score 5 points and 5 rebounds per game, but it doesn't matter, because as long as duncan stands on the courts where he plays on, he surely can give his contribution to the spurs.

m33p0
10-31-2008, 02:38 AM
Enjoy watching while he's here.

Showtime24 LAKERS
10-31-2008, 02:42 AM
You should!!! he's freakin old....

mouse
10-31-2008, 02:48 AM
2021 forum.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-4/duncan.jpg

RsxPiimp
10-31-2008, 03:01 AM
fuckin sad day if that comes. ginobili is not too far behind as well.

Slomo
10-31-2008, 03:35 AM

if?

River in Egypt. Look it up.

Kori Ellis
10-31-2008, 03:40 AM

I actually think Manu might retire before Tim, even though Manu's a year younger. Bigs can usually play much longer than wings.

Appreciate these times, Spurs fans.

RsxPiimp
10-31-2008, 04:24 AM
if?

River in Egypt. Look it up.

dont be a douche bag.

look it up.

RsxPiimp
10-31-2008, 04:24 AM
I actually think Manu might retire before Tim, even though Manu's a year younger. Bigs can usually play much longer than wings.

Appreciate these times, Spurs fans.

same here.

Obstructed_View
10-31-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm not sure what skills you guys think are going to diminish in the next eight to ten years that will require Timmy to retire. He doesn't jump very high and he doesn't run very fast. Until he starts having chronic back problems or something of that sort, there's no reason to think he can't continue to be effective, even if he someday becomes the third or fourth best player on the team.

romad_20
10-31-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure what skills you guys think are going to diminish in the next eight to ten years that will require Timmy to retire. He doesn't jump very high and he doesn't run very fast. Until he starts having chronic back problems or something of that sort, there's no reason to think he can't continue to be effective, even if he someday becomes the third or fourth best player on the team.

He understands that he's not going to be able to play forever and I think he's playing his ass off until he retires without much drop off. It was stated multiple times during the game that he said he enjoys playing more and more each year, so I don't think its coming in the next 3 or 4 years. After that, who knows, but I will always be thankful that I was a fan during some of the best years any franchise has had. He's been the rock the entire time and has been nothing but class.

Duncan=:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: and maybe :lobt::flag:

Ghost Writer
10-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Duncan keeps saying that he loves and appreciates the NBA more and more as the years go on.

I think he'll play another 5 years.

The tragedy is that the Spurs front office did the minimal to put talent around him.

The Spurs should have 7 titles in his current tenure.

z0sa
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
I believe he will play past this extension. How long? Who knows. When you're Tim Duncan, you hold all the cards.

Ocotillo
10-31-2008, 10:31 AM
He is different from Big Dave in that while he is a bright guy who has a life outside of basketball, he seems to have more passion for the game. The knock on DRob was with all the athleticism and talent he had, he was distracted by his outside interests which kept him from being as good as he could have been.

Don't get me wrong, he was wonderful as a player and a represenative of the team.

I still miss the times with him and Tim on the front line.

Ghost Writer
10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
I commend Duncan for being grateful for the rings he has.

I would not show that much restraint.

I would be begging for more help front he front office.

dbreiden83080
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
I think it depends on how comfortable Tim is playing years past his prime. He's got a few big ones left but after that if he feels it is enough and doesn't want to play, well past his physical prime then i would commend him. His legacy is set in stone, with the Rings and MVP's, he's already a first ballot Hall of Famer and has tons of money. Someone like Ewing played way too long mainly because he didn't have a ring. We'll see how long Duncan plays..

slacker77
10-31-2008, 11:08 AM
You should!!! he's freakin old....

Ok , so then what does that say about kobe ? Duncan is 32 and kobe is what ? 30 ? Kobe has , ( if not more ) , just as many miles on his body as duncan . Just like kobe , duncan takes care of his body off the court as well .

dbreiden83080
10-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Ok , so then what does that say about kobe ? Duncan is 32 and kobe is what ? 30 ? Kobe has , ( if not more ) , just as many miles on his body as duncan . Just like kobe , duncan takes care of his body off the court as well .

Don't bother the Laker fans around here have themselves convinced Kobe will be playing at a Jordan like level until he is 40. If only he knew how to play like Jordan at 30 but he's got 10 more years to figure it out i suppose...

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2008, 11:59 AM
this day will be terrible..

I have NO idea when Tim will retire..I used to think that he would retire if he won #5 and ride off in the sunset, but I think he's too competitive and loves the game too much to retire..Duncan is still going to be a solid player for at least 5 more years IMO..like Obstructed View said, Tim doesn't rely on speed or athleticism as much as most guys..Duncan has been blessed with skill and a great body(perfect size and length), and of course, great basketball IQ, only matched by few..

I do find it funny that some of you are saying that the front office has done Timmy a disservice and whatever..he has 4 TITLES..of course he was the best player for all of them, but I'm pretty sure Duncan appreciates having 4..look at the other guys..

Kobe has 0 titles as a #1 option..KG only has 1 title..David didn't have any as a #1..Karl Malone and Barkley had none in general..Ewing didn't win one..and the list goes on..Duncan has 4 titles as a #1 option, I'm pretty sure the front office had a little to do with that as well..

hater
10-31-2008, 12:00 PM
weak.

Duncan could play until his late 40s and still be one of the best PF

honestfool84
10-31-2008, 12:15 PM
weak.

Duncan could play until his late 40s and still be one of the best PF

lol.
i wouldn't say late 40s.

but i would definitely say late 30s.

mrspurs
10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
He might retire alot earlier then we want him to. That is if the FO keeps bringing him sorry old has beens who cant play defense or are to soft. Look at Timmys face everytime we get beat and there is nothing he can do about it but look at the bench. I know what he is thinking. When are you guys gonna do something about Fab,Ian,Matt. And this is who you bring me. The guy Ive torched my whole career. The guy who all bigs torch all this career. Kurt slow and no show Thomas? hahahahaha

WildcardManu
10-31-2008, 12:34 PM
He might retire alot earlier then we want him to. That is if the FO keeps bringing him sorry old has beens who cant play defense or are to soft. Look at Timmys face everytime we get beat and there is nothing he can do about it but look at the bench. I know what he is thinking. When are you guys gonna do something about Fab,Ian,Matt. And this is who you bring me. The guy Ive torched my whole career. The guy who all bigs torch all this career. Kurt slow and no show Thomas? hahahahaha

Your posts are always filled with negativity

angel_luv
10-31-2008, 12:38 PM
I already have enough great Spurs memories to last me a lifetime. I count all these seasons as bonuses and hope we get several nice new trophies to help commemorate them. :toast

pauls931
10-31-2008, 12:53 PM
I wouldn't worry. Tim's game is not based on athleticism so I think he'll last a long time. I'd be more worried about an Amare Stoudamire/Vince Carter type.

dbreiden83080
10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
I wouldn't worry. Tim's game is not based on athleticism so I think he'll last a long time. I'd be more worried about an Amare Stoudamire/Vince Carter type.

LOL, ahh Vince Carter. Yet another in a long line of guys that were insanely over-hyped as the next Jordan and became nothing more than just a really good player..

pauls931
10-31-2008, 01:01 PM
LOL, ahh Vince Carter. Yet another in a long line of guys that were insanely over-hyped as the next Jordan and became nothing more than just a really good player..

Ya, he went downhill fast, I'm hoping Amare develops to rely less on athleticism, the jumper is helping a bit. Tracy McGrady also seems to look like a shadow of his former self. Shaq has this problem too since people know they can foul him now and make him miss rather than have him put them through the hoop with the ball. (but he still sucks up the boards and take space)

dbreiden83080
10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Ya, he went downhill fast, I'm hoping Amare develops to rely less on athleticism, the jumper is helping a bit. Tracy McGrady also seems to look like a shadow of his former self. Shaq has this problem too since people know they can foul him now and make him miss rather than have him put them through the hoop with the ball. (but he still sucks up the boards and take space)

Yeah Amare has all the offensive ability, in the world but it is amazing he is still not any closer to be a complete player with his D and rebounding. I would have thought, years in the playoffs with the Spurs and up against Duncan would improve that with him, but it hasn't.

Your right about Shaq and now just fouling him is the key. Shaq in his prime was so strong and explosive, when you tried to foul him close to the hoop, he'd almost always get the and 1.

Ghost Writer
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
I am terrified that the Spurs front office will be content to do nothing as Tim and Manu age.

Tony Parker will not perform as we are accustomed to without Duncan.

He is not Chris Paul.

What is the Spurs succession strategy?

Have Duncan sit out next season to win the 2010 draft lottery and start the Twin Towers all over again?

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2008, 02:09 PM
we're all gonna have to come to the reality that the Spurs are gonna have to go through some bad years after Tim and Manu are gone..we'd have to get really lucky AGAIN..

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 02:18 PM
The FO should be ashamed for disrespecting him with lack of talented bigs.

Lakers stacked
Rockets stacked
Hornets good
Spurs beaten down and about to get passed by 2 or 3 western teams.

HarlemHeat37
10-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Lakers current core: 0 titles
Rockets current core: 0 titles
Hornets current core: 0 titles

we can't be the best forever..people need to come to terms with that..

the Lakers didn't win their last 2 years after 3-peating..Hakeem's Rockets didn't win after their 2 titles..Magic's Lakers didn't win in their last few years..Bird's Celtics didn't win in his last few years..

that's just how it is..we can't be the best forever..just be happy that we won 4 titles, we've been the best team of this decade, and even now, we're still a contender..

dbreiden83080
10-31-2008, 02:28 PM

Winning so much can make you a little selfish. As a Yankees fan, growing up in the 80's when they were pretty bad most times, i really appreciated the run they had of 4 WS titles in 5 years like crazy. Was always annoying for me when every year after that, and the Yanks lost in the playoffs it was seen as this epic failure of a season by a lot of spoiled fans. I think some Spurs fans don't yet realize how great this run has been. Sure the franchise can rebuild years from now and win another title with totally different players but what are the odds they ever win 4 titles in 9 years again, with one of the best players of all time at it's core?? Ya know..

Dramon
10-31-2008, 02:37 PM
The FO should be ashamed for disrespecting him with lack of talented bigs.

Lakers stacked
Rockets stacked
Hornets good
Spurs beaten down and about to get passed by 2 or 3 western teams.

The Lakers got Pau Gasol given to them and Bynum suddenly blossomed in the same year.

Artest still hasn't proved anything and could fall apart again.

What talented bigs are there out there that the FO could bring Tim Duncan? Kurt Thomas while slow is still one of the better backup C's out there. But seriously, name a few bigs that aren't franchise players that the Spurs could bring in, because there really aren't that many. At least the FO isn't resigning DeSagana Diop...

exstatic
10-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Duncan keeps saying that he loves and appreciates the NBA more and more as the years go on.

I think he'll play another 5 years.

The tragedy is that the Spurs front office did the minimal to put talent around him.

The Spurs should have 7 titles in his current tenure.

I commend Duncan for being grateful for the rings he has.

I would not show that much restraint.

I would be begging for more help front he front office.

:sleep Same song, different verse. What, two All Stars, one who was 3rd team All NBA, and the other a Finals MVP isn't enough?

JP le Requin
10-31-2008, 08:17 PM
first i really wish duncan will have his 5th rings like magic!! and so one more than oneal..then he will attacks his 6th rings...and why not thanks to a back to black...he will equal jordan and imagine the respect and aura he will get....dunca with 6 rings...damn...i dont want to wake up!

mrspurs
10-31-2008, 08:30 PM

the Lakers didn't win their last 2 years after 3-peating..Hakeem's Rockets didn't win after their 2 titles..Magic's Lakers didn't win in their last few years..Bird's Celtics didn't win in his last few years..

that's just how it is..we can't be the best forever..just be happy that we won 4 titles, we've been the best team of this decade, and even now, we're still a contender..

Not yet, I fully understand nothing lasts forever. But we still have 2 or 3 great players on our team for at least another 2 more years. We can still win another if the FO hadnt screwed up the deal with Louis. And there is still time to find someone next to Timmy even if we have to trade the only player worthy of another team wanting and thats Manu. Or the lottery, if not a player for us at least someone to trade with. I wont let the FO off the hook that easy. Noway. Theres still alot of talent. I wouldnt trade TP, and if the FO could find some decent help for Timmy, Id say Tim has 2 or 3 solid years left. Manu is the only thing we have worth trade value. But to say thats its we go down dieing with these guys at all cost. Thats not acceptable to me. Show me something, or dont show up at all. Tonight is a very big game. No greg should mean a spurs win.

Ice009
10-31-2008, 08:40 PM
This thread needs to be thrown in the trash can. Absolute garbage.

lefty
10-31-2008, 08:52 PM
This thread needs to be thrown in the trash can. Absolute garbage.

+1

:tu

mattyc
10-31-2008, 09:42 PM
We were all worried when Dave, Sean and co were going to retire. Tony, Manu and Bowen rock up and it's happy days again.

One door closes, another opens. All that stuff.

RsxPiimp
10-31-2008, 11:26 PM
We were all worried when Dave, Sean and co were going to retire. Tony, Manu and Bowen rock up and it's happy days again.

One door closes, another opens. All that stuff.

word

Thomas82
11-01-2008, 03:03 AM
He is different from Big Dave in that while he is a bright guy who has a life outside of basketball, he seems to have more passion for the game. The knock on DRob was with all the athleticism and talent he had, he was distracted by his outside interests which kept him from being as good as he could have been.

Don't get me wrong, he was wonderful as a player and a represenative of the team.

I still miss the times with him and Tim on the front line.

I have heard it mentioned several times that if he had ever reached his full potential, he would have been mentioned in the same breath as Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2008, 03:05 AM
I have heard it mentioned several times that if he had ever reached his full potential, he would have been mentioned in the same breath as Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell.

whats this outside interference you guys talkin about? cant stop a player from whooing ladies on the saxophone? :D:hat

Thomas82
11-01-2008, 03:06 AM

Kobe came into the NBA the year before TD.

TDMVPDPOY
11-01-2008, 03:15 AM
i dont think kobe has ever had a serious knee injury...

Thomas82
11-01-2008, 03:22 AM
whats this outside interference you guys talkin about? cant stop a player from whooing ladies on the saxophone? :D:hat

D-Rob was a computer geek too, and if I'm not mistaken, he used to take things apart to see how they worked and then put them back together.

Thomas82
11-01-2008, 03:23 AM
first i really wish duncan will have his 5th rings like magic!! and so one more than oneal..then he will attacks his 6th rings...and why not thanks to a back to black...he will equal jordan and imagine the respect and aura he will get....dunca with 6 rings...damn...i dont want to wake up!

I think Tim will retire with at least 6 rings. I don't think he's won his last one yet.

WalterBenitez
11-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Retire??? come on he is under 40!

Hec ould contribute big minutes as starter, but later as great sub

Thomas82
11-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Retire??? come on he is under 40!

Hec ould contribute big minutes as starter, but later as great sub

He could be like another Kareem, all-star well into his late 30s.

15 RINGS BITCH
11-01-2008, 11:44 PM
what is the Spurs succession strategy?

Have Duncan sit out next season to win the 2010 draft lottery and start the Twin Towers all over again?

you can forget that. the next big man that will have the "duncan effect" coming out of college is probably wearing diapers right now.

Obstructed_View
11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
you can forget that. the next big man that will have the "duncan effect" coming out of college is probably wearing diapers right now.

I thought he was starting for the Lakers?

15 RINGS BITCH
11-01-2008, 11:52 PM
I thought he was starting for the Lakers?

i said THE NEXT

Obstructed_View
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
i said THE NEXT

Lol. My mistake. :toast