PDA

View Full Version : Honest Question to Liberals

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Does Obama's aunt living in a Boston slum raise any red-flags for you concerning Obama?

At first I figured, "just another distant relative on the deadbeat father's side...but he actually discusses her in his book. Citing how she has no government security to fall back on should she be laid off; all she has is family.

Not giving to charity while making 400k+ a year, having a half-brother living in a hut overseas (I brushed this off as just a distant half-relative), but now the aunt?

Seems like Obama is all talk to me.

DarkReign
10-31-2008, 01:46 PM

Shouldnt you be hoping so? Shit, he might be a cool candidate if he is the Ultimate Liar I'm looking for.

Lie his way to the White House only to tear shit down once in the big chair.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Does Obama's aunt living in a Boston slum raise any red-flags for you concerning Obama?

At first I figured, "just another distant relative on the deadbeat father's side...but he actually discusses her in his book. Citing how she has no government security to fall back on should she be laid off; all she has is family.

Not giving to charity while making 400k+ a year, having a half-brother living in a hut overseas (I brushed this off as just a distant half-relative), but now the aunt?

dude-- there is nothing to this story - put it will all the other "questionable" things on Obama's judgment - his associations - his character -- his beliefs. These are just garbage made up by the hate machine. See his plan will feed his aunt -- give her shelter -- he wont give any of his own money but he wants to give yours... not his -- yours. he wants to take yours and give it. I mean any plan that pushes charity (welfare or wealth redistribution) through compulsion (government) has got to be great right ? I mean since Obama lives his life that way and gives so much of his money to others..
just quit work the day he gets in office and he will take care of you -- that is the best option.

implacable44
10-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Shouldnt you be hoping so? Shit, he might be a cool candidate if he is the Ultimate Liar I'm looking for.

Lie his way to the White House only to tear shit down once in the big chair.

wouldn't he just be the black "W" then ?

AZLouis
10-31-2008, 01:58 PM
So what's next a Hobo the Aunt rally?

JoeChalupa
10-31-2008, 02:21 PM
:sleep

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Wouldn't having multiple DUIs and running businesses into the ground be a cause for concern? All of a sudden we have conservatives wanting to vet every known relationship of a democrat meanwhile dick and dubya had decided to put people's lives in danger due to their decisions to drive drunk. yet not a peep out of conservatives then .. that's wierd.

George Gervin's Afro
10-31-2008, 02:26 PM

So I assume you have reached out all of your distant relatives who aren't doing well? Would that be correct? Or is this one of those holding Obama to a completely different standard that you live by?

JoeChalupa
10-31-2008, 02:27 PM
I guess Anti-Hero IS for spreading the wealth.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm

a) not running for president

b) not writing in my books about said family members' hard times of suffering

c) not preaching to others to be their "brother's keeper, sister's keeper"

d) not demanding wealth redistribution and spreading of your wealth

e) not making millions a year

f) not telling every family member/questionable acquaintance to keep their mouths shut until Nov 5.

g) not creating a false illusion of such a charitable public figure when in reality I do nothing I tell people they should be doing.

h) NOT CALLING OTHERS SELFISH.

JohnnyMarzetti
10-31-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm

a) not running for president

b) not writing in my books about said family members' hard times of suffering

c) not preaching to others to be their "brother's keeper, sister's keeper"

d) not demanding wealth redistribution and spreading of your wealth

e) not making millions a year

f) not telling every family member/questionable acquaintance to keep their mouths shut until Nov 5.

g) not creating a false illusion of such a charitable public figure when in reality I do nothing I tell people they should be doing.

h) NOT CALLING OTHERS SELFISH.

I) not making a difference.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
j) not looking to make a difference

Bender
10-31-2008, 03:23 PM
what's the point, Anti ?

most people here... http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:YhBIj7xyiU4eoM:http://www.animalwebguide.com/Sheep-3.jpg

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm planting the seed Bender!

Bender
10-31-2008, 03:34 PM
good luck, in this place, anti...

more power to you!!

ratm1221
10-31-2008, 04:20 PM
Honest Question to Conservatives.

What the hell is wrong with your brain? Use it. You lost any creditability when you elected George Bush.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 04:23 PM
It's stunning how weak these arguments have become over the past month.

Nothing is working, is it? Too bad for you guys.

JohnnyMarzetti
10-31-2008, 04:24 PM
conservatives don't even agree on what they are and that is why they are now stuck with McSame.

Shastafarian
10-31-2008, 04:26 PM

bc7t_ET6SNQ

spurster
10-31-2008, 04:28 PM
What obligations do any of us have to relatives we hardly know? I can't say that I feel very obligated to any of my aunts, uncles, or cousins even though we had some good times in the past and there is no family feud. Is anybody here different?

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 04:30 PM
We are selfish for not wanting to give more money to taxes according to Lord-Not-so-Merciful yet he doesn't even throw a couple bones while making millions at his slum-living aunt who he cites in his book as needing help from family?

I'm trying to figure out what it takes for people to snap out of their trance for one second and question this compassionate American.

I know ChumpDumper is deeply concerned with this. What say you Sir Dumper of Chumps?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Tell us all exactly what you think Obama should be doing with his aunt and what it has to do with running the country.

What if she doesn't want any help?

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 04:34 PM
What if she is living in the slums to help collect her inner-dark motivation needed to take on Ra’s al Ghul?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 04:35 PM
What if she is living in the slums to help collect her inner-dark motivation needed to take on Ra’s al Ghul?That's how I can tell you are deeply concerned about this.

timvp
10-31-2008, 07:22 PM
This thread is flawed because it assumes that Obama actually believes what he preaches. Politicians on the national level are 99% of the time in it for the power, money and fame. If Obama thought that a platform that included lowering taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the poor would get him elected, I'd have no doubts that he'd go down that path. Same for McCain.

Let's be real.

Tully365
10-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Obama, like Clinton and Reagan before him, is a smart politician who understands what it takes to get elected in a democratic society. Dukakis, Dole, Nader, and countless others simply didn't get it done because they were either telling the truth too plainly, stiff as a board, or insulting to a huge part of the population... as much as people complain about politicians, they also punish them for many of the characteristics that they don't care about or even find alluring in rock stars, authors, athletes, and many others. A presdential candidate nowadays can't even say something simple like I don't find NASCAR interesting without losing millions of votes. Managing a presidential campaign is a huge project, and like all huge projects, must be handled carefully. Unfortunately, handling carefully involves lots of public relations work, slickly avoiding certain questions and issues, and other not so forthcoming or noble necessities. That's life in a democracy, like it or not.

TheMadHatter
10-31-2008, 07:41 PM
This thread is flawed because it assumes that Obama actually believes what he preaches. Politicians on the national level are 99% of the time in it for the power, money and fame. If Obama thought that a platform that included lowering taxes on the rich and raising taxes on the poor would get him elected, I'd have no doubts that he'd go down that path. Same for McCain.

Let's be real.

I disagree.

Obama fundamentally believes in the major policies he wishes to pursue. For example, he has spent his life trying to fight for the poor and disenfranchised and his tax proposals are a reflection of this.

Obama is the last Democratic candidate that I can remember since Dukakis who ran as an unabashed liberal.

timvp
10-31-2008, 07:51 PM
I disagree.

Obama fundamentally believes in the major policies he wishes to pursue. For example, he has spent his life trying to fight for the poor and disenfranchised and his tax proposals are a reflection of this.

Obama is the last Democratic candidate that I can remember since Dukakis who ran as an unabashed liberal.That's because he's running as the Anti-Bush.

Again, if it helped his campaign to have a ton of conservative views, he'd be the first one to make the jump.

Don't be naive.

ratm1221
10-31-2008, 08:01 PM

Let's be real.

If he was in it for the money he would have continued to be lawyer. Are you being serious? The Pres only makes 400k.

timvp
10-31-2008, 08:02 PM
If he was in it for the money he would have continued to be lawyer. Are you being serious? The Pres only makes 400k.

:lmao

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 08:23 PM
Clinton is not even making 400k anymore now that he's retired He was even the first black president!

oh wait....

spurster
10-31-2008, 08:26 PM
So who here has helped one of their aunts, uncles, or cousins to a substantial degree? Let's say at least $10,000.

For a niece or nephew, I imagine that happens often, raising a kid relative for various reasons. But for adult relatives? Let's hear how generous you were just to show how mean-spirited Obama is.

TheMadHatter
10-31-2008, 08:27 PM
That's because he's running as the Anti-Bush.

Again, if it helped his campaign to have a ton of conservative views, he'd be the first one to make the jump.

Don't be naive.

Don't be so cynical to assume every candidate is only in this for the fame and prestige.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
So who here has helped one of their aunts, uncles, or cousins to a substantial degree? Let's say at least $10,000.

For a niece or nephew, I imagine that happens often, raising a kid relative for various reasons. But for adult relatives? Let's hear how generous you were just to show how mean-spirited Obama is.

Do you, as common with many people in this predicament, revert back to comparing your Obama to the lack of actions from others to justify the flaws in your Obama's persona?

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 08:33 PM
First you have to confirm that it is a flaw -- that his aunt has asked him for help and he has refused.

We're all waiting for you to do that.

Findog
10-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Obama would certainly alter his rhetoric in a more conservative direction if that's what it took, and change some of his policy proposals at the margins, but I highly doubt he would turn around and run as W's best buddy if Bush had a 58% approval rating.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Adjusted Gross Income from Obama during 2004-2006 = $2,846,579

$10,000 is ~.4% of that.

Yes we can.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 08:38 PM

$10,000 is ~.4% of that.

Yes we can.

First you have to confirm that it is a flaw -- that his aunt has asked him for help and he has refused.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I got you chump.

.4%.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Obama Derek Fisher'd his auntie!

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
I got you chump.No, you didn't.

spurster
10-31-2008, 08:43 PM
Do you, as common with many people in this predicament, revert back to comparing your Obama to the lack of actions from others to justify the flaws in your Obama's persona?

Should we hold Obama to a standard that we don't follow? If you want to hold candidates to high moral standards, shouldn't McCain's divorce disqualify him in your eyes? After this wasn't his aunt or his uncle, but his very own wife and a "'til death do us part" pledge.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 08:44 PM

$10,000 is ~.4% of that.

Yes we can.

I got you chump.

.4%.

Obama Derek Fisher'd his auntie!

This is Spur worthy imho.

ChumpDumper
10-31-2008, 08:46 PM
Obama's aunt gave his campaign money, so she obviously doesn't want any from Obama.

And declaring something of yours to be spur-worthy guarantees that is, in fact, not.

timvp
So who here has helped one of their aunts, uncles, or cousins to a substantial degree? Let's say at least $10,000.*Raises hand*

I've sent money to family members I've never met. Helping out relatives who live in third world countries whose poor people live in conditions that make American ghettos look like Beverly Hills isn't being generous ... it's pretty much common sense.

Don't be so cynical to assume every candidate is only in this for the fame and prestige.Don't forget the money. And I said 99% ... not every.

Obama would certainly alter his rhetoric in a more conservative direction if that's what it took, and change some of his policy proposals at the margins, but I highly doubt he would turn around and run as W's best buddy if Bush had a 58% approval rating.Obama would do anything he thought he needed to do to get elected. Thinking otherwise is naivety to the highest degree.

Anti.Hero
Should we hold Obama to a standard that we don't follow? If you want to hold candidates to high moral standards, shouldn't McCain's divorce disqualify him in your eyes? After this wasn't his aunt or his uncle, but his very own wife and a "'til death do us part" pledge.

He wants to hold us to a standard that he does not follow.

I would love to hold Government to the same standard as most businesses.

I see Obama during this informercial tell an old man that he has earned his pension plan. The company PROMISED him his pension plan and this man should HOLD THEM TO THIS PROMISE.

My reaction, you (government) first.

Anti.Hero
10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Obama drifted to the right right after the primaries were over. :sleep

Findog
10-31-2008, 10:26 PM
Obama would do anything he thought he needed to do to get elected. Thinking otherwise is naivety to the highest degree.

Unless you're willing to say he'd switch parties and run as a Republican under conservative orthodoxy, you're wrong. Politicians grant themselves a wide degree of flexibility in appealing to the electorate, but you wouldn't see Bush immediately bring the troops home if he were running this year for an eligible third term.

spurster
10-31-2008, 11:00 PM
A story on some of Obama's family in Kenya.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/26/MNCV13INNO.DTL

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2008, 03:08 AM
Wouldn't having multiple DUIs and running businesses into the ground be a cause for concern? All of a sudden we have conservatives wanting to vet every known relationship of a democrat meanwhile dick and dubya had decided to put people's lives in danger due to their decisions to drive drunk. yet not a peep out of conservatives then .. that's wierd.

For about the 100th time on this forum...

Quit trying to hold up W's incompetence as an excuse for the suckage that is Obama. Damn, I'm tired of it.

W is a failure. We get it. That shouldn't be a free pass for Obama being the hypocritical SOB that he is, no matter what you Dems want to believe.

Lame.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-01-2008, 03:10 AM

Come on Chump. He has no problem telling us all that he needs to take from the rich to give to the poor... He's rich, why won't he give to (poor) family to help her get out of a big city slum?

I guess he doesn't feel the need to practice what he preaches, just enforce it on everyone else...

LJ's owning this thread.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Come on Chump. He has no problem telling us all that he needs to take from the rich to give to the poor... He's rich, why won't he give to (poor) family to help her get out of a big city slum?Again, did she ask? Does she want anything from him? She gave him money, so it sure doesn't look like she wants money from him.

I guess he doesn't feel the need to practice what he preaches, just enforce it on everyone else...He is going to pay that extra 3%, just like anyone else making that much money.

LJ's owning this thread.Yeah, he really went out on a limb there.

spurster
11-01-2008, 04:49 PM
timvp , I'm impressed. I doubt I would do the same thing for any but close relatives, but then I haven't been asked either. Glad to see an Obama voter owning this thread, and AH and AHF stepping up to show their moral superiority.

Supergirl
11-01-2008, 05:55 PM

What about any of this is a "red flag"? We know Obama's father was a deadbeat dad who took off on his family when Obama was 2, and had 7 other kids with 3 other women. None of this affects Obama's insight, leadership, and character, which is why I'm voting for him in a few days.

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Does Obama's aunt living in a Boston slum raise any red-flags for you concerning Obama?No. Only an idiot would think it would.

Anti.Hero
11-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Got you chump.

Put you on display. :hat

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Only an idiot would think that. No red flags. :fro

ChumpDumper
11-01-2008, 06:03 PM

We're all waiting for you to do that.Still waiting. You're on display.